Cristina woke up to the sound of laughing coming from downstairs. She could smell food cooking. It was making her stomach growl.  The familiar smell of Spanish food. It brought her back to when her sister would take her to her mother in law’s house with all kinds of foods would be cooking in the small kitchen.

She got up from the bed, putting on her glasses that where laying on the nightstand, she finds one of Chris’ shirts and her underwear from last night. Putting them on, she locates the bookbag with her clothes in it, opening it, she finds a pair of denim capris, a New Kids on The Block T-shirt along with a bra and underwear. It wasn’t something Cristina would have choose but she didn’t know she be spending the night at Chris’.

After finding her bath and hair supplies along with her hairbrush in the bag, she went to find the bathroom to get a shower.

“It’s the third door to your right.”

“What the?” Cristina turned around to see a teenage boy with curly hair looking at her.

“The bathroom, third door to your right. You’re going to take a shower. I mean after what you Chris did last night; I would need one too.”

“Thanks. Oh god, you heard that?”

“Yes. Your Cristina, right?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Justin, nice to finally meet you. I guess not the way I would have liked. Justin said intruding himself while looking at the way Cristina was dressed.

“Same here. Sorry, Chris’ shirt is longer than mine.”

“Its fine. Oh, you might need these.” Handing her a towel and washcloth from the hall closet.

“Thanks”

“No problem. Do you know how to work the shower?”

“I think I can figure it out.”

“Come on, I’ll show you. I promise I won’t look; I know your older than me.” Walking towards the bathroom.

“OK, and yes I’m nineteen” Walking with Justin into the bathroom.

“Fifteen, just turned two weeks ago.”

“Really? Your tall for fifteen.”

“I know, growth sprit. Ok, so left is hot, don’t turn it all the way over, it can burn and then back to the right to shut it off, shower turns on automatic.”  Showing her how the shower works.

“Ok, cool, thanks.”

“Well then, I’ll leave you to it then. I need to get back downstairs.”

“For?”

“School and music lessons, I forgot my notebook in my room. I’ll let Chris know you’re up, he’s downstairs.”

“Oh ok.” Watching Justin leave the room.

 

-Few mins later-

“Hey Chris, your girl’s up.” Justin said coming down the stairs.

“She is? How do you know?” Replied Chris.

“I saw her looking for the bathroom. She’s in the shower now.”

“I should have showed her or a least told her where it was. Anyway, I better go get her.”

“I think she’s ok, Chris.” Said Amy.

“Still, I should have woken her up.”

“If she anything like Jen, she probably woke up to smell of the food cooking.”

 

Cristina stood in the shower, letting the warm water wash last night down the drain.

“I can’t believe last night happened. He’s so amazing, better than that guy you were with this time last year” She thought finishing up.

She grabbed the towel, wrapped it around her when she realized that she forgot her clothes in Chris’ room. She brushed her teeth and finished up what she could, keeping the towel wrapped around her has much as humanly possible while holding everything she brought in the bathroom with her, she left the room and just about ran back to Chris’. After opening the door…

“My god, Chris. When did you get back up here?” Cristina said when she saw Chris sitting on his computer chair.

“About 20 mins ago. Sorry, Justin told me you were up.” Replied Chris.

“Oh ok. So about last night….”

“Was amazing.”

“Yes, it was. It’s just that…” Cristina started to get nerves.      

“You what? Why are you so nerves?”

“I never spend the night with a boyfriend before. I mean, I went over to my ex’s house but never overnight.”

“How come?”

“His parents I guess where kind of strict, I don’t know, I mean, they did let us in a basement room alone. He had a TV down there and a couch. I’m not making a good case for myself, am I?”

“Its fine, I get it. There is a first time for everything than, is there.”

“Really? Like what?” Walking over to Chris.

“Like more of last night. Since when you have a tattoo on your lower back?”

“I got it after I got out of high school, it was a joke with the ex I had. Why you like it?”

“Yes, I do and that tongue piercing that you have as well.”

“Got that when I moved down here.”

 “And your parents know?”

“My mom does, thinks I’m nuts. She saw it the last time I was back home.”  Getting dressed. “God, I hate AJ for this.” Looking at the shirt in disgust.

“You can wear this.” Handing her one of his jerseys.

“You sure?” Taking the jersey.

“Yes, keep it. When we’re not together, you can think of me.”

Cristina smiled has she put the jersey on. “Your sweet, you know that.”

“You keep telling me that.  So, are you ready to meet everyone else?”

“I guess so, I have no chose at this point. I hope they like me.”

“They will. I’m sure of it.” Kissing her.

 

-Few minutes later-

Chris and Cristina walked downstairs. Cristina tried her hardest to hide behind Chris. She was so nerves and scared to meet his friends.

“They are not going to bite, baby.” Chris said taking her hand.

“How do you know? They might not like me.” Replied Cristina.

“I don’t bite. I can’t speak for the rest of them, I’m kidding. Your Cristina, right?”

“Yes, and you are?”

“I’m Amy, one of many of Josh and Joey’s best friends.” Answered Amy.

“Hi, I would be Josh or Joshua.” JC introduced himself.

“I’m Joey.” Joey said.

“Hi, I’m Christine.” Answered Christine, just about bouncing off the bar stool she was sitting on.

“Don’t mind her, Christine can be a bit hyper at times. If only Joey would stop feeding her Pixy Stix.” Taking the sugary candy from Joey.

“Hey, not fair. Your just as worse as Jen.”

Just then two little girls come through the door and ran over to JC, hugging him. Along with the girls, an older man who looked a bit like Amy. He was tall with tan skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes.

“Hey girls, I missed you.” JC said, giving each a kiss on the check.

“Who’s that, daddy?” The youngest asked.

“That’s Chris’ girlfriend, Cristina.”

“Hi, I’m Bridget.”

“Hi. Josh, you have kids?” Looking at JC.

“Yes, Bridget is my daughter and Bianca, I have been helping taking care of since I got on the Mickey Mouse Club.”

“Are they yours Amy?”

“No, they are my twin sister, Jennifer’s girls.” Answered Amy.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to assume anything.”

“Its fine. You’ll meet Jen one day; I hope if you and Chris stay together for a while.”

“One day? Meaning?”

“She’s in college in PA. I tried to get her to stay here but she wanted to leave. By the way, I’m James, I’m Amy and Jennifer’s dad and grandpa to these two little ones.” James said introducing himself.

“Hi, nice to meet you. You have the same name my dad had when he was….: Cristina replied trailing off.

“You, ok?” Christine asked has she saw that Cristina was about to cry.

“Sorry, just miss my dad, he’s not….”

“Baby, you don’t look ok. If your dad is a bit like mine, then I’m sorry.” Chris said turning her to face him.

“No, nothing like that. My dad passed away when I was eight and it’s just been hard on me since then. I’m sorry.”

“I’m so sorry. I know the feeling. My dad passed away when I was eight too. It really sucks. It was especially hard last year on me and my mom. “

“I know, it hurt more when I graduated high school last year, knowing that he wasn’t there.”

“How long ago did he pass away?” Joey asked.

“It’s going to be eleven years on the 16th. “Answered Cristina.

“Eleven years, the 16th. That’s the same day my dad died.” Replied Christine.

“Wow, I guess we have something in common then.”

“Yeah, I know. It’s a weird thing to have in common but a least I don’t have to feel like I’m alone. I know my friends understand but I think you might understand a lot more then them. Sorry guys.”

“Its fine, Christine. We will always be there for you, no matter what.” JC said giving her a side hug.

“Thanks.” Christine replied, smiling.

“I hate to break this up, but we got to get going. I need to get Christine back home.” James spoke up.

“Its fine, it was nice meeting all of you.” Cristina answered.

“Same here, I hope to get to know you more. Since you’re with Chris, I’m sure you’ll be friends with Joey and Josh.” Amy said, giving Cristina a hug.

“I’m sure I’m not going anywhere anytime soon.”

“Where’s Justin and Lance, I want to say bye to them before I go.”

“Yo, Lansten and Justin, get your asses in here!” Joey yelled.

“Can’t you go get them, Joey, god, your so lazy.” Chris said.

“What is with the yelling Joey?” Justin walked in with another teenage boy. He looked a little older than him and had green eyes and blond hair.

“I’m leaving.” Christine said.

“No, you’re taking my girl home. Hey Bianca and Bridget.”

“Hey, you got pants on now.” Justin replied looking at Cristina.

“Did I miss something J?”

“Lance, meet my girlfriend, Cristina. Cristina this is Lance.” Chris told Lance.

“Hi.” Cristina managed to say back.

“Nice to meet the girl that was screaming Chris’ name last night. Sorry, I heard the whole thing.” Lance said.

Cristina’s face started to turn red.

“OK, so I got laid last night. What’s the big deal about it?”

“My big mouth is what the big deal is.”

“It’s there a point to all of this?” James asked the group.

“Not really, just busting Chris’ balls about it.” Justin answered.

“Well, since that’s done. Bye guys, I need to get going home before my mom calls asking for me.” Christine said giving each of the guys a hug.

“Bye Christine. Are the girls staying, James?”

“No, this one has school in the morning.”

“But I want to stay with daddy.” Bianca said.

“No, you have school. I will see the both of you this weekend, ok. Love you.” JC said giving both a kiss goodbye.

 

-A couple of minutes later-

“Well, that was fun and embarrassing at the same time.” Cristina said sitting on the bar stool that was now vacated by Christine.

“Sorry, I had been wanting to do that all day and when I got the chance, I took it.” Justin apologized.

“Yeah, bad timing man, in front of James none of less. My girls where in the room.” JC scolding him.

“Oh, come on, it’s not like they heard their mother talk like that.”

“Still J. It wasn’t right. You should have waited until after they left.” Joey chimed in.

“Are we all going to forget that I’m the one who is embarrassed by this whole thing?” Cristina spoke up.

“No, I’m sorry, Cristina. I’m also sorry Josh, I should’ve said any of that in front of the girls.” Justin said.

“Don’t do it again, alright.” JC said expecting his apology.

“I won’t. Man, I forget how you get when you’re around your kids.”

“Is Josh always like this?” Asked Cristina.

“Yes, I am. I can’t help it. I love those girls. Bianca’s dad wasn’t around much, well, he’s a jackass and I stepped in and helped Jenny take care of her.” JC replied.

“How much of a jackass was he?”

“If controlling is a trait of being a jackass then Luis is that.”

“Controlling?”

“It’s a long story, Cristina, and it's not for Joey and me to tell. I will let Jenny tell you that. It's hard to explain or even talk about without getting pissed off at the guy. If you knew him, you would know why?”

“I understand, Josh. My first boyfriend was a bit of a douche bag, ok he was, broke up with me before I had to take a math test in high school.”

“Lucky for you none of us are like that. We might bust on each other but will never act like a douche bag towards a girl. I think all our moms would kick our asses.” Lance chimed in.

“Oh yeah, I might be 24 years old, and my mom would still kick my ass if I ever acted like that?” Chris said.

“Lucky me, I think I’m starting to like you guys.” Cristina answered.

“Good, I think your cool. Even though I busted you and Chris’ balls earlier. Glad you can come and  take things like that.” Justin replied.

“Do it again and I will be kicking your ass.”

“Yes ma’am”

Cristina chuckled at what Justin said. She had a feeling that she was going to get alone with the guys better than she thought.  

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story