Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry, this took a while to update. I been busy with work and figuring out  where this chapter was going to go. I hope you all like it.

Chris and have been with each other for two months now and for the last few weeks, Cristina has been keeping something from Chris that she has been scared to tell him until now.

 

Cristina’s stomach turned at the smell of the food Amanda was cooking downstairs. It has been like this for almost a month now. She knew the reason, but she had not said what that reason was.

She got up from the bed and ran to the bathroom, lifting the toilet lid and bending over, what seemed like the hundredth time. Just like every morning like clockwork, she throws up. She was hoping that Amanda did not hear her at all.

“I need to tell Chris that I’m pregnant, I can’t keep this from him any longer. I’m going to start to show soon, oh god.” Cristina thought has she flushed the toilet.

She washed her hands, splashed cold water on her face and brushed her teeth, after finishing up, she got dressed and went downstairs. Still smelling the food, Cristina wanted to run back to the bathroom, but she couldn’t.

“Good morning, sunshine.” Amanda said.

“Morning.” Cristina managed to say.

“You, ok?”

“Not feeling good.”

“Ok, you been saying that every morning for… oh dear god, you’re not, are you?”

“I am what?” Looking at Amanda like she grew a third head.

“Are you pregnant?”

Cristina looked at her not knowing what to say.

“Why do you think that?” she finally said.

“I don’t know, maybe because you look like your about to throw up just looking at my breakfast.” Replied Amanda, taking a sip of her orange juice.

-Sighs- “Maybe because well… I am.”

“You’re what?!” Almost choking on her drink.

“I’m pregnant, ok. Fuck, I turned out like my bitch of a sister.”

“No, you’re better than her.”

“Really? Mandy, I’m nineteen and pregnant like she was,

“Noone is making you marry Chris over this, are they?”

“I know but still.”

“It’s not the end of the world. Does Chris know?”

“No, I haven’t told him.”

“And why not?”

“I’m scared he’s going to leave me.”

“No, he will not. Please tell him today.”

“Today? Oh, fuck the party.”

“You forgot?”

“Yes. I been trying to keep me being pregnant a secret that I forgot about you and Lance’s birthday pool party.”

“It’s ok. I need the car after I drop you off at the guys’ place. I need to go do something.”

“Ok and what’s that?”

“Not telling.” Getting up and putting her dishes in the sink.

“How come?”

“Because I don’t want you to know. Now go get yourself ready.”

“OK. Let me get my shoes and purse and we can go.”

“Bathing suit or bikini, you know for the pool.”

“Ok, ok, I’ll get that too.” Walking out of the room.

 

The drive to the guys’ house was nerve racking for Cristina. All she could think about was how Chris was going to react to the news of her pregnancy. Amanda kept telling her that everything is going to be ok. But somehow Cristina doubts that.

“I should be back in an hour; the guys already know that I’ll be late to the party.” Amanda said after pulling up to the guys’ house.

“Ok, you think I can do this?” Replied Cristina.

“Yes, now go and tell him.”

“Ok, see you in an hour.” Getting out of the car.

“Hey Cristina!” Yelled Joey as he ran up to her from the porch.

“Hi Joey, where’s Chris?” Cristina answered, giving him a hug.

“Inside, in his room.”

“Thanks, I need to talk to him.” As they both walked up to the house.

“Everything ok, Cristina?” Asked JC

“Yeah, I’m ok, why?”

“You look like your about to puke any minute now.”

“Yeah, come to think about it, you do look a little green. You sure you’re, ok?” Joey spoke up.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me ok.” Walking in the house.

 

Cristina walked into Chris’ room, not knowing what to say. She was still trying to figure it out.

“Hey baby.” Chris said, seeing her at the doorway.

“Hi.” That was all Cristina could manage to say.

“You, ok?”

“No, I need to tell you something and I don’t know how to say it.” Walking towards Chris after closing the door.

“What is it? You can tell me.”

“You sure? You might not like it or be not so happy with me.”

“Yes, I’m sure. Tell me.”

“Ok, well, here goes nothing.” She takes a deep breath. “Chris, I’m pregnant.”

“You’re pregnant? We’re pregnant.”

“Yes, I am, I’m so sorry Chris. I didn’t mean for this to happen. I was looking to changing birth control and well, I didn’t get things done in time, with work and that time Amanda was gone for a week…. What?” Looking at Chris a bit confused.

“You think I’m mad?”

“Yes.”

“No, I’m not mad, shocked yes, mad no, honey.”

“I been so scared to tell you, plus I hate the fact that I turned into my sister.”
“Sister?”
“I have an older sister; she was my age when she got pregnant and got married as well.”

“Ok, not going to do that, maybe in the future but not now, come here.”

Cristina walked over to the bed and sat down along with Chris.

“What are you thinking?” Chris asked holding her hand.

“How disappointed I feel in myself and how you must feel knowing that I messed things up.” Answered Cristina.

“Don’t feel that way. You didn’t mess things up. I’m going to be there no matter what.”

“How are we going to tell everyone?”

“We just tell them. Everything is going to be ok.”

“How? Chris, we’re pregnant and I’m the only one who is…”

“Acting like the world is coming to an end, yes I told you before, I’m shocked, yes I’m scared but I know we’ll get through this, ok.”

“Really? You won’t leave me?”

“Yes and no, I’m not going to leave you. My father did when I was a kid, baily saw him. I’m not letting that happening to my kids”

“Your dad? I thought your parents were married or together in some way.”

“No, my dad left when I was about a year and half old, he did help me get into college, but when I wanted to do music has a career, well, that didn’t go so well.”

“How come?”

“It’s a long story.”

“I got time.”

 

-Few Hours Later-

 

Chris laid the bed with his back towards his pillows with Cristina in his arms. After he explained to her about his dad, he felt a little better about their situation.

He was playing with her hair which had put her to sleep. It didn’t matter, Chris was a bit lost in his thoughts. He was certain the guys would be happy for them. His mom: he wasn’t so certain about that.

“I hope my mom doesn’t get disappointed in me, I always been so careful, but this one time, its not something I planned on.” Chris thought as he continued to play and run his fingers though Cristina’s hair.

“My god, she is so beautiful. I wonder if your baby will look like her, if we have a girl. I think I want that, a little girl.”

-Knock, Knock-

The sound of the knock on the door startled Chris out of his thoughts and woke Cristina up.

“Who’s that?” Cristina asked, half asleep.

“Let me find out.” Replied Chris, getting up from the bed.

“Yes. Oh, hey Lance.” After opening the door.

“Your mom’s here.” Lance said.

“What? She told me she worked today, well, I guess…”

“Actually, Amanda’s back with someone who says she’s Cristina’s mom.”

“What?! Why is my mom here? Better yet, what the hell is she doing down here?”

“No clue, all I know Mandy came back with an older woman and they both asked for you.”

“Oh, this can’t be good.” Getting up from the bed and looking in her purse for a hairbrush.

“What do you mean?”

“My mom traveled from PA all the way down here, its not like her, hell, I don’t know how she got the money or a way to the Philly airport. We stop having a car after my dad died and I got one when I moved down here. What?” Looking at Chris and Lance has she tried to comb her hair.

“You mean you just got a car when you moved here. How did you get around?”

“Walking, bus or taxicab, maybe sometimes if my mom and I were lucky a ride from a friend or a family member. This isn’t working, it still looks like a hot mess. Chris, you had to play with my hair.”

“You didn’t complain when I was. It did put you to sleep.”

“OK, ok, point taken. I’m going to the bathroom to fix this.” Cristina said, leaving the room.

“Is everything ok, man?”  Lance asked, looking at Chris.

“Yes, why?”

“Your girl looks like she’s going to be sick.”

“I’m fine, Lance. Why des everyone keeps saying that?!” Cristina yelled from the bathroom.

“Because you do. Josh and Joey, both said you looked a bit green. Lance yelled back.

“There is a reason for that, Lance.” Chris sounding nerves.

“What’s that?”

“Uhm, Its because…”

“Chris, don’t say it please.” Cristina said, coming back into the room.

“We have to tell them.”

“I know. We better get downstairs before they send someone else up here.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story