The three of them walked down the stairs. Lance and Chris were in front of Cristina. She was so worried and a bit confused with the fact that her mom was here.

“I got them.” Lance said after coming from the last step.

“Mom, I thought you were at work?” Chris asked his mom after walking over to hug her.

“I got off early, so I thought I come over and finally meet the girl you been dating for two months now.” Bev told him.

“Mom, how are you here? What are you doing here?” Cristina said to her mom, confused.

“I wanted to surprise you and tell you that I’m moving down here.” Answered Rosalind.

‘You are? Mom, with what money? It cost a lot to move here, you know I was lucky, I got a job before I moved.”

“Cristina Marie, what is that supposed to mean? You know I have the means to.”

“But mom, why now? And how did you get here? We have no car back home and no one takes us anywhere without gas money.”

“If you must know, Amanda helped me, she found a place for me all on one floor, helped me with the move and her cousin, Luna got me from Reading to here.”

“Mandy, you did that. You helped my mom move here?”

“Duh, yes, I knew how much you missed her, so I helped move her here. What did you think I went back home for?” Amanda said.

Cristina looked at Amanda with worry.

“What?” Amanda questioned.

“As much as I love that my mom is here, I feel like this is a bad time.”

‘Did you tell Chris?”

“Not now, Amanda.”

“You must be Cristina. I’m Beverly, Chris’s mom.” Bev said, putting her hand out for Cristina.

“Yes, hi, nice to meet you.” Cristina shook her hand.

“You’re Cristina’s mom, hi I’m Chris.” Chris introduced himself to Rosalind.

“It’s nice to meet you. Cristina, told me that you’re in a band.” Rosalind replied.

“Yeah, the other guys are my bandmates, that’s Lance, Justin, Joey and Joshua.” Chris points to the guys.

“Nice to meet you all. Cristina, honey, are you ok?” Rosalind looking at her daughter.

“Not really. Just a been a bit….” Cristina starts to say trailing off.

“Cristina, did you tell Chris about you…” Amanda attempts to ask.

“Amanda Lynn, not now for the last time.” Cristina scalds her.

“Chris, what is I’m guessing Cristina’s friend is talking about?” Bev questioned Chris.

“Amanda is her friend and roommate and well, mom please don’t get mad.” Chris looking at his mom in worriment,

“Mad at what?” Bev questioned.

“I’m pregnant!” Cristina blurred out.

“Christopher Alan, you haven’t been with her long and you get her knocked up!” Bev started to get a bit angry.

“Cristina, your nineteen, you said you weren’t going to turn out like Donna.”

“You’re dating a nineteen-year-old?”

“So, she’s five years younger than me, what’s the big deal?”

“He’s older than you, Cristina?”

“And? Dad was older than you. Also, I never meant for this to happen, I was on birth control, I was looking to change it and I got busy with work…” Cristina trying to explain.

“You had time to get knocked up.”

“You just don’t get it, mom. I work long hours at times, sorry that I fucked up.” Cristina walked out of the room.

“Mom, I’m sorry.” Chris apologizes.

“It’s not your fault. Go talk to her.”

“I got it, man. Don’t worry.” JC said, putting a hand on Chris’ shoulder.

“Thanks.”

“I thought I saw you going this way?”

Cristina looked up from where she ran off and hid from her mom and Chris’.

“I thought maybe if I hid here only you guys would find me, though I was hoping for Chris.” She spoke.

“Well, will you expect a Joshua then?” JC asked sitting next to Cristina on one of the computer chairs.

“Of course, I’ll take you. I wish this never happened.”

“That you and Chris got pregnant? It happened, hell it happened to Jen and I.”

“How did you deal with it? How did your parents handle it?”

“It wasn’t easy at first. I was sixteen and Jen was fifteen. It wasn’t something we planned on happening. Neither of our parents were happy. The guy that Jen is still with wasn’t happy, but that’s a whole different story. Our parents became ok with the whole thing, now I have a three-year-old daughter and a six-year-old that decided I was more of a father to her than her own. I won’t change any of it for the world.”

“What about you? How did you handle Jen telling you she was pregnant?

“Shocked at first, I was thinking I’m too young to be a father, how can I do this? How am I going to afford a kid? The money I was making from MMC was going to my mom. Jen, she is a saint, she kept telling me not to worry. I told her I got myself into this mess, I need to find a way to help. Lucky for me, my mom helped me with taking care of Bridget when she was born. She still helps from time to time, and so does James. I’m just hoping that when everything with the guys goes well, I can take care of girls.”

“Glad things worked out in the end. I feel like I fucked things up.”

“No, you didn’t. Question, when you told Chris that you’re pregnant, how did he react? Was he happy? Pissed? Shocked?”

“He was surprised. He’s happy. At least I think he is.”

“I’m happy, why wouldn’t I be hon?” Chris asked, walking into the room.

“Because we haven’t been with each other long and I messed things up.” Cristina told him.

“You did not mess anything up. I’m happy for us. I love you.”

“I love you too. I can’t believe that you said that in front of Josh.”

“So, I don’t care. They all know how I feel about you. Hell, half the time I drive them crazy, talking about you all the time.”

“What about my mom? How is she in all of this?”

“I managed to calm her down, I don’t know how, I think Amanda threw me a lifeline a couple of times. My mom, well, she’s not thrilled, but she’s happy to say a least.”

“I guess I better face her. Though hiding in the music room might be a better choice.”  

“Yeah, I was wondering why you ran into here.” JC chimed in.

“It’s the only room I knew one of you guys would find me. Plus, this is the place where I heard Chris sing for the first time and the rest of you guys.”

“There you are, I was looking all over for you. Your mom wants to talk to you.” Amanda said, after finding Cristina.

“Oh lord, please let this go good.” Cristina answered, getting up.

“It’ll be fine. She has calm as she going to get, Crazy.”

“I hope so.” Cristina took a deep breath.

“Nice nickname, we use that same one on Chris.” JC told her.

“Great, now I need to find a new nickname for Cristina.”

“You only call me that because of me getting hyper on candy.”

“No, I call you that because I thought you were crazy for liking Donnie Wahlberg from New Kids on the Block.”

“What? That man is hot. I could say the same about your liking Jorden Knight.”  Cristina walking out of the room.

“Don’t you dare.” Amanda walked after her.

“Oh, don’t tempt me, AJ. I can and I will.”

“Why you little….”

“Hey, my mom and Chris’ mom are in the room. But I will say, why thank you.”

Amanda growled at Cristina. And she just laughed at her.

“Time to face the music. Hey mom, you wanted to talk to me.” Cristina said, coming back to the living room.

“Yes, look, I’m not happy about this but I’m going to have to accept it. I’m going to be a grandmother.” Rosalind replied.

“Yes, you are mom. I’m still sorry about all of this. I’m sorry for what I said.”

“It’s fine. Let’s just forget it, ok.”

“Bev, I’m sorry too. I guess we got off on the wrong foot.”  Cristina turned to Bev.

“It’s fine. Chris explained everything to me. I’m not mad, I can’t be mad. I was three years younger than you when I had Chris.” Bev answered.

“You were sixteen when you got pregnant with Chris?”

“Yup, not something to be proud of. I never regretted having him. Chris is a great son.”

“Gee, thanks, mom. I guess.” Chris said, walking in the room with JC, acting like he was embarrassed.

“Aww, did you mom embarrass you.” Amanda teased Chris.

“Amanda, that’s what mother’s do, they like to embarrass us.” Cristina chimed in.

“Ok, ok, please stop.”

“Oh, come on man, I can hear them tease you all day.” Justin said, trying not to laugh.

“J, I swear, I’m going to kick your ass.”

“Bring it Kirkpatrick.”

“Ok, ok, that’s enough.” Rosalind told all four of them.

“Yes, mom.”  

“Sorry, Rosalind.”

“Sorry, umm, I don’t know what to call you besides Cristina’s mom.”

“Rosalind. You can all call me that.”

“That’s easy to remember. Also, can we all just take a moment to realize that Chris and Cristina are going to be parents.”

“And yet something like that scares the living hell out of me.” Cristina confessed.

“Didn’t I tell you not to worry, it’s not the end of the world.” Chris looked at Cristina, holding her hands.

“I know, but still.”

“Girl, would you stop. I don’t think Chris is leaving any time soon.” Amanda is just about giving Cristina a lecture.

“No, I’m not. I told her that earlier, I swear your stubborn.” Chris replied.

“Chris, I could have told you a long time ago that Cristina is a hardheaded Dutch, just like her father.” Rosalind chiming in.

“Really? How stubborn are you?”

“I can be hardheaded at times.”

“At times, Crazy, your just about stubborn all the time.”

“Mandy, question for you, how many times are you going to back that bus on me?”

“What? You damn well know it's true. It took twenty minutes for you to tell me that you’re pregnant.”

“I know for a while now. Fuck, now I’m throwing myself under the bus.”

“For how long?” Chris looked at her.

“I found out about two weeks ago. I know, I know, I should have said something when I find out.”  Cristina looking away from Chris.

“Could of, would of, should of, all of that doesn’t matter, ok. Now, can we have this pool party without any more drama.”

“Yes, please. Thank you.”  Joey said.

“You are staying mom?” Cristina asked.

“For a while.” Rosalind answered.

“Oh good, I can sit and tell you stories about Chris.” Bev said.

“I have plenty on Cristina.” Rosalind walking over to the couch and sitting down.

“Oh lord, our moms are going to have ammunition on us.” Cristina shook her head.


Incomplete
chris_girl86 is the author of 1 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story