Colleen was tired as hell but strode into work with a smile on her face. The Oscar party had been amazing! It was definitely like living out a full blown celebrity fantasy with the red carpet and the cameras flashing. For one night, it was incredible but she was amazed JC had dealt with it for so many years.


“Just smile and try to give them a couple angles,” JC had prepped her before they arrived. He had stepped to the red carpet first for some solo pictures when they got there and Colleen watched him effortlessly work the crowd yelling his name. He eventually looked over at her and she stepped towards him, holding her breath as she knew this was the moment the world would now know her as JC Chasez’s girlfriend. She normally would hate being defined by her relationship to someone else, but this was an exception she was happy to make for the time being.


As Colleen settled into her office, Stacey walked in with two cups of coffee and a tablet under her arm, placing one cup on Colleen’s desk. “Oh, thanks sweetie but I stopped at Starbucks this morning,” Colleen said, holding up her Venti cup that the barista had given her for free as she recognized her from some Oscar coverage article. First celebrity perk in the bag!


“This is one of those times I wish we still had newspapers,” Stacey said as she put down the other cup and brought the screen of the tablet to life. “It would be much more dramatic than plopping this down in front of you.” Stacey put the tablet on Colleen’s desk and retrieved her coffee as she sat in an opposite chair. “Something tells me you’re gonna want that second cup,” she smiled.


Colleen stared at the headline in front of her in disbelief. “Is Colleen Lasota the next Amal Clooney?” she read out loud. “You have got to be kidding me?!” 


“I couldn’t resist going with the most salacious one first. The rest are much tamer,” Stacey reassured her.


“Unless they point out how both George and JC use a flowbee, this journalist is just going for clickbait,” Colleen said as she scanned the article. “Yep, we’re both lawyers, that’s all they got,” she confirmed, rolling her eyes. “Didn’t expect my name to be in the headline of a Buzzfeed article.”


Stacey grabbed the tablet back and switched to a different article. “Honey, you made a couple Best Dressed lists,” she said, handing the tablet back to Colleen.


“I what?” she said, grabbing the tablet. Sure enough, there she and JC were last night on several websites that covered the different parties and at least two putting them on lists for “Award Winning Couples.” Colleen sat back in her chair, her mouth agape. “This is insanity.” 


“I bet your Insta has been blowing up,” Stacey said.


“Yeah, I had to turn off my notifications last night after my last post. I still can’t believe I had to do one of those posts where you list “the glam squad”,” Colleen said as she pulled out her phone. “Shit,” she thought, “I’m definitely going to have to get Matthew a dick pic of Joey for this.”


“I saw you made it Instagram official as well,” Stacey smiled, “and for JC to actually post something that isn’t about promoting someone else’s work seems like a big deal.”


“I didn’t realize you followed JC on Instagram,” Colleen gave her a sly look.


“I do now,” Stacey informed her. “He’s got like 50 posts, it was easy to comb through.”


Colleen opened her own Instagram to a slew of messages and comments. “Jesus, my follower count basically tripled overnight!” Colleen scrolled through the comments of her last post. Nothing negative thus far, only a few people stating she picked the right *NSYNC member. “Oh my God! Heidi Klum is now following me!”


“I hope you blocked off your morning because I’m not leaving until I hear every detail about this party.”


“First meeting isn’t until 11,” Colleen smiled, raising her coffee cup. Colleen had purposely decided not to bring up her evening with her colleagues unless they asked but the evening had been so full of excitement and she hadn’t connected with any of her friends yet that she was happy Stacey was letting her indulge.


“I’m serious, we should lobby harder to at least have somebody from the firm go to these types of events. I ran out of business cards during cocktail hour,” Colleen pointed out as she wound down her tale. “I was writing my phone number on napkins like I was at a dive bar.”


“Well, admittedly, the dating a celebrity part probably broke some of the ice,” Stacey giggled. “Anyone you actually think will call?”


“Who knows? Sharon Stone seemed genuinely interested as she wanted my advice about some fall out from her book so we’ll see if that goes anywhere. It would be amazing if I made some business connections but at the end of the day, I’m just excited Billy Porter let me put on his hat.”


“You really do need to post that,” Stacey told her.


“Maybe…I think it’s probably best to let things die down a bit. Don’t want people to think I’m bragging.”


“Um, Colleen, that is literally the point of Instagram,” Stacey grinned.


JC was trying to figure out a chord progression on his guitar when his phone lit up again. He didn’t want to turn it off in case Colleen got some sort of backlash and needed him. He knew most fans would be cool and respectful but in the age of the internet, he didn’t trust everyone to be so kind hearted.


They’d agreed to each put a picture from the evening on their Instagram. If the relationship was going public, he wanted to control as much of the narrative about it as possible. He was already getting people wanting to know if he was seeing someone after Eric posted pictures from their New Year’s Eve booze cruise. He’d been prepared and tried to prepare Colleen as well. So far so good at least.


JC checked his phone, rolled his eyes and gave a small chuckle at what he read.


J: You leave your house one time a year and you couldn’t even dye your hair?!


L: I think it looks distinguished.


C: I think he looks like Colleen’s pervy uncle.


JC: Thank you LANCE


J: Seriously, a box of hair dye. $7. I’ll Venmo you the money if it’s that much of a concern.


JT: I don’t think he knows what Venmo is, Joe.


JC: I know what it is. I just don’t use it.


J: There’s a shocker.


JT: She’s cute, C. You two look nice together.


JC: Thanks J


L: How’d she do?


JC: Red carpet was a little overwhelming but she was fine once we got inside. A few of her clients were there so it was easy for her to mingle. She didn’t stay strapped to my side, which was a welcome change.


J: Bet she was strapped to something later though, am I right?


C: No, she obviously had him strapped down. 


L: I’m still confused by how you two make that work.


JT: Jesus, this again?


JC: Again?!


JT: You don’t even want to know.


L: Stop acting like you aren’t curious, Justin.


JT: Ok, I’m curious but I’m not asking.


C: I’m asking then. Explain, Oh Kinky One.


JC: Are you guys really this interested or you’re just looking for more material to tease me about?


J: Both. Being single in general is fine for me right now but when it comes to sex, I gotta live vicariously through you.


JT: Awwww, not getting laid enough, Joey?


J: I do just fine, thank you but we can all admit our sex lives pale in comparison to JC.


C: I love my wife but creativity is sparse, especially with a toddler that can bust in at any second.


JT: Same


L: I mean, our sex is fantastic but it’s been a while since we’ve been outside the box.


JT: No, it’s been a while since you’ve been inside a box.


J: Dammit! I was typing that!


L: JC, spill


JC: You guys act like I have a dungeon in my basement.


C: You don’t?


JC: Shut up


L: Seriously, you said a couple months ago you were figuring out what each other likes. How’s that worked out?


JC: You do realize this is no different than any other relationship, right? You learn more about the person and adapt as you go.


C: This isn’t arguing over how to fold socks, JC


JC: Are you telling me you guys never had these types of conversations with your spouses?


J: I’m a straight forward guy. I don’t need extras with my sex so never felt something like that was needed.


C: We did but we aren’t as adventurous as you.


L: Ours was more discover and discuss as you go, which has worked out fine.


JT: Same


JC: Look, at the end of the day, just depends on who’s in what mood. Essentially, we take turns, it’s really not that complicated.


L: Ok, but what do you DO?!


JC: You literally want details? We aren’t in our 20s anymore, guys.


L: I’m not asking for state secrets but, come on, she’s cool with going to see your dominatrix. This is more complex than the average relationship.


JC: I know you guys aren’t going to let up so what exactly is it you want to know.


L: I just want to know how it all works, you both being on the submissive side. Like, do you like the same things or is it different?


JC: It’s different and I can’t speak for her but it’s been really interesting learning what she likes and working to give that to her. I’m not used to being the one in charge in that sense.


L: Is it weird?


JC: At first but it’s just a different way of looking at things. Turns out it’s fun for me and she seems to enjoy when the roles are switched as well.


J: I just want to know if any of my Christmas presents got used yet?


JC: The handcuffs, the vibrator and the lube. I’m not telling you any more than that.


J: Did she handcuff you to the bed and stick the vibrator in your butt?


JT: Joey!!!


C: Christ, Fatone


L: What is with you wanting to know what is literally in people’s asses lately?!


JC: Enjoy that image in your head because I’m not getting more specific.


L: I swear I’m not trying to pry but that still doesn’t quite answer my question. I guess, where does Raina fit into all this?


JC: We both see different Mistresses because we both have different desires. I sat in with hers and she sat in with mine. We discussed and decided we could handle what each other liked and from there, it’s just about communication. Raina gave her some pointers that have been…useful and I’ve gotten some guidance from her Mistress to help give Colleen what she likes.


JT: What exactly do you mean by guidance?


JC recognized the loaded question instantly and tried to tread carefully as he knew Justin’s particular feelings about Piper.


JC: I mean techniques. There’s certain things I like that Raina told her and there’s certain things Colleen likes that Piper told me. Consider it a foreplay crib sheet lol


J: Wait…do Colleen and this Piper chick get, you know, physical?


C: You will find any way to imagine women making out, won’t you?


J: Yes but this question is actually relevant.


JC: It’s weirdly a complicated answer but just go with yes and have fun letting your mind wander. I don’t feel comfortable getting into details about her life.


J: If you have a threesome, I demand the intimate details.


JC: I didn’t share about any of the other ones so I’m not gonna start now.


L: I’m getting you nice and drunk and getting more details out of you later but thanks for indulging me.


JC: Does this mean somebody else can be picked on now?


J: I vote Justin, he’s been too quiet.


JT: I’m working


J: On set and working are different things and you know it.


JT: Fine but I really do have to go film soon


C: Don’t worry, we’ll make fun of you while you’re gone.


JT: Of that I have no doubt.


JC’s phone finally fell silent and he gave a small chuckle at his friends. When they first found out he had been frequenting the club after their initial visit, they all had a bunch of questions, or opinions in some cases. This was the first time in a long while any of them had actually asked him about that part of his life. Lance had promised to try to understand a bit more and JC took his questions as exactly that but he knew this had to do more with Colleen then anything. They knew him but were still trying to figure her out.


Another buzz of the phone made JC wonder what new smart ass remark one of them had come up with.


JT: What did you learn, JC?


JC sighed. He could hear Justin’s tone through the text alone. JC knew even getting near the subject would upset him but he also knew how relentless they all could be in digging for information and had tried his best to find a good middle ground.


JC: You don’t want to know. Just leave it.


JT: You’re the one who brought it all back up again.


JC: You know I didn’t realize everything that happened. I’m sorry this is pulling up some shit for you but honestly I’m glad we talked about it instead of you learning through the grapevine, which will inevitably happen.


JT: I don’t like this. I don’t like you learning how to do…that. I especially don’t like you saying it’s fun for you.


JC: I know J but it literally doesn’t affect you in this case. We never have to talk about it again, ok?


Justin didn’t respond after that. JC didn’t know if that was purposeful or he had been called to set. Either way, he felt bad about dredging up something Justin clearly never dealt with. JC was hoping that at least maybe now he would.


It was nightfall by the time JC’s phone made another sound. “Hey Babe, how was your day?” he answered.


“Weird but good. Not a lot of work got done since people kept popping in to ask about the party but it was fine.”


“Don’t your colleagues go to lots of Hollywood shindigs already?”


“From time to time but none of them got named to a Best Dressed list before.”


JC smiled brightly. “Good for you, Babe!”


“Good for us. You’re on there too, handsome.”


“Oh Christ. We really owe Matthew a debt of gratitude.”


“Actually, I promise this is related, how hard would it be to get a picture of Joey’s dick?”


“Frighteningly easier than you might think. If you ask nicely, he’ll probably tie a bow on it.”


“That’s an image,” Colleen laughed. “How was your day?”


“Alright. The guys decided today would be a good day to grill me about our relationship so that was fun.”


“Do I even want to know?”


“It’s weird, in general it’s almost nice for them to ask but they are definitely pressing for details and I’m not sure how much you are ok with me sharing.”


“They wanna know about the kinky sex we have, don’t they?”


“Yeah.”


“Same. I placated my friends for a time with the details of the first time we had sex but they are chomping at the bit for more stories. It’s my own fault; I’ve spent years pointing out what a freak you were so they don’t believe anything less now.”


“Why did you think I was a freak before you met me?”


“Oh geez, I don’t know. Licking a stage, your solo album, admitting as much several times…that’s just what comes to mind immediately.”


“I thought you said you liked that I was so forward with my sexuality?”


“I did and I most definitely still do,” Colleen reassured him.


JC’s phone buzzed in his ear and he put Colleen on speaker phone to check the message. “Well no shit!” he said out loud.


“What’s up?”


“Justin just texted he’s got an off day on Sunday and wanted to know if he could come by and see what I’ve been working on.”


“That’s amazing! You both will have a great time. I’ll plan a girls’ day to stay out of your hair.


“You don’t want to meet Justin? I have a feeling he’s coming by more for you than for me.”


“I’m happy to meet Justin but you guys are gonna be hulled up in the studio all day. I don’t want to intrude or frankly sit around bored. Work out a time with him and I’ll make sure I’m here for the meet and greet.”


“The meet and greet?” JC laughed.


“I won’t ask for his autograph, promise.”


“I’ll text him back in a bit and work out the details,” JC said. “Any social media weirdness I need to know about?”


“Nah, mostly super positive. A few people asking how long we’ve been dating and one vague threat that I better treat you right but otherwise fine.”


“Some people tend to feel a bit protective.”


“Well, Chris has known you longer than I have so it’s only fair for him to voice his concern.”


“Are you serious? Chris said that?!”


“Sure did,” Colleen laughed. “I think I would have been more offended if he didn’t.”


“Well, I’m glad other than Chris being, well, Chris that all this hasn’t been too bad for you. Please promise to let me know if it does though.”


“JC, your fans are either all adults or young enough to be your kids. I really doubt it’s gonna get as weird as you think it’ll be but I promise to let you know if anything starts to feel hinky.”


“I’m gonna focus more on the first demographic so as not to feel like I need to go out and buy a walker anytime soon.”


“Actually, it’s not a bad idea to have one on standby. Normally one of us needs help walking when we have a sleepover.” JC could almost hear the wink in Colleen’s voice. “Oh, side note, I’m gonna see if I can go see Mistress Piper sometime this week. That ok with you?”


“Yeah, no problem,” JC confirmed then smiled. “You know, I like this.”


“Like what exactly?”


“This…us. I like not feeling like I’m hiding a part of myself from you.”


“Did you feel like you were hiding in your past relationships?”


“Yeah, actually. Sometimes I purposefully was but other times it just felt like I couldn’t be fully truthful, with them or with myself. I feel very…open with you and I like that.”


“I like that too,” Colleen also smiled. “Alright, I know it’s not that late but I gotta try now to get to bed or I’ll be a mess tomorrow.”


“Do you need any help? I know I’m still an amateur but I’m happy to try.”


“If I call you back in an hour, feel free to take a crack at it,” Colleen told him. “I love you, JC. Thank you for an amazing time last night.”


“I love you too, Colleen. Thank you for going with me.” JC made an air kiss at the phone and disconnected. He stared at the phone a moment, smiling at where he was in life. He had an amazing and supportive girlfriend, he was feeling creatively fulfilled, the band was at least working on new material…


“Shit, Justin,” he said to himself, now remembering to text back his band mate.


JC: Sure man. I’ll keep it short, don’t want to keep you away from the fam.


JT: Jess is taking the boys to her parents for the weekend so I got all day.


JC: Sorry to hear but happy to reap the benefits. Cool if Colleen stops by to say hi? I’d really like the two of you to meet.


JT: Absolutely, looking forward to it.


Justin breathed as he sent the reply from his trailer. His text exchange with the guys and then with JC separately had been bugging him all day. Yes, he wanted to get in the studio with JC like old times but more importantly he wanted to meet Colleen. He truly wanted to be happy for JC but now knowing her particular interests and that JC was actively encouraging them, the relationship wasn’t sitting right with him. Here’s hoping meeting her might change his mind.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story