“Pretty sure this is how a lot of gay porn starts,” Joey said the following Wednesday as he stood in JC’s bathroom.


“And how exactly would you know that?” JC teased.


“When you stay at Lance and Michael’s, you see a lot of things…a lot of things,” Joey shuddered. “Speaking of, why couldn’t you have Lance do this? He dyes his hair all the time.”


“Because you offered to pay for it,” JC smiled back. “Plus, you were willing to help with my plan.”


“Mwahaha!” Joey did his best evil laugh before pulling off his t shirt and donning plastic gloves to mix the coloring solution. “You know, you haven’t actually told me what this plan of yours is.”


“You’re the wingman,” JC told him.


“Am I helping you find a third?”


“What?” JC questioned then realized what Joey was implying. “No, Joey, her birthday present isn’t a ménage a trois.”


“Then why the hell do you need a wingman?”


“You know Colleen’s been a fan since forever and when we were in Miami, I got her to tell me how she’d always imagined meeting me so I’m gonna try to give that to her.”


“I knew it was some elaborate weird kink fantasy setup,” Joey smiled and shook his head.


“It’s not that kinky, it’s just, I don’t know, I wanted to give her a night with the guy she’s always dreamed about.”


“What? You two sit around and knit every night? Pretty sure she’s getting her fantasies fulfilled in spades.”


“Well then I want to add another one to the list,” JC told him, removing his own t-shirt as he saw Joey finish shaking up the bottle.


“You two are fucking weird but whatever works,” Joey shrugged and patted the stool JC had brought in, indicating for JC to sit down. JC did so as Joey exclaimed, “Jesus Christ, what happened to your back?!”


“Don’t worry about it, Joey,” JC told him plainly.


“Fuck that,” Joey fired back. “This…I mean, you look like you got whipped, literally.”


“Essentially, I did,” JC confirmed. “Now can you please help with my hair?”


Joey looked at JC’s back stunned. He shook his head and started applying the dye to JC’s head. “I don’t get you, man.” JC sat silently but Joey refused to drop the issue, especially since he knew JC couldn’t go anywhere. “I thought I was being funny with the Christmas present, turns out I wasn’t even in the ballpark.”


“We’ve used some of the stuff you sent.”


“Nothing I sent would have done this.”


“Colleen didn’t do this, Joe,” JC informed him.


Joey stopped what he was doing and moved around front to face JC. “Talk now or I’m leaving and taking the hair dye with me. I basically only put streaks in one side of your hair so you’ll end up looking like a fucked up skunk for your date.”


JC hung his head and sighed. He should have thought ahead the other night knowing that Joey was coming over. He knew no way Joey would let him get away without explaining. “Mistress Raina did this.”


“I know I joke about you paying a woman to beat your ass but this is a lot,” Joey stated. “Look, I’m really trying not to judge here but this is…I just don’t want you getting hurt.”


“I’m fine, Joey. We’re both consenting adults who know what we’re doing. I wanted things a little rougher than normal last time I saw her and she obliged.”


Joey shook his head and went back to stand behind JC to apply more hair dye. “Colleen is a fucking saint to put up with you.”


“She is,” JC gave a small smile.


“I just…I can’t believe she’s ok with this?”


“We both talked everything through a while ago,” JC told him. Not a lie but not the whole truth. He didn’t feel like having the discussion about how Colleen still didn’t know about his latest visit.


“Does she like this kind of shit too?”


“Why is everyone so obsessed with our sex lives?”


“Well, normally I’d say because you have the most interesting one, and that’s not wrong, but in this case, you’re technically roping me into your sexcapades so I deserve at least some explanation of what I’m assisting with.”


JC sighed again, “No, she’s not into anything this extreme. We can get a little rough but nothing crazier than a little pre-agreed upon force or getting tied up.”


“She make you crawl around on the floor yet?” Joey raised an eyebrow.


“Jesus,” JC laughed, “I don’t know what your obsession with knowing this is but yes, she did, and yes, I liked it.”


“Maybe it’s just something I’ll never understand.”


“Well, not to be an asshole here but you’ve really only had two long term relationships, Joey. You can’t really do this kind of stuff with your one night stands.” Joey stared JC down in the mirror they were facing. “That’s not a dig. I wasn’t doing this kind of stuff with girls I was just fucking either. I’m just saying, maybe you haven’t really had the opportunity yet.”


“I didn’t do any of that kind of shit with Kelly and Izzy…she let me pretend to be Superman once, that was pretty awesome.”


“All I’m saying is don’t knock it until you try it.”


“Maybe,” Joey thought about it. “If I had a girl who was into that, I’d give it a whirl. Otherwise, I think I just enjoy hearing the shit you do.”


“Well, mostly happy to give you some fodder then,” JC laughed.


The last bit of the hair dye sputtered out as Joey checked he didn’t miss any spots. “I think we’re good,” Joey finally accessed and pulled off the gloves and disposed of everything in the trash can. He then started looking through JC’s drawers and medicine cabinet.


“What are you looking for?” 


“Rubbing alcohol,” Joey stated.


“Should be in there.”


“Found it. Cotton swabs?”


“Somewhere on the left. That’s where Colleen keeps her stuff.” Joey smiled at the knowledge that Colleen was becoming a more permanent resident of the house. He hadn’t seen JC put this much effort into a relationship in a long time. As long as she wasn’t the one doing that shit to JC’s back, she was still ok in his book, though he was considering having a talk with her about it. Joey found the swabs and soaked one with the rubbing alcohol. “Thanks Joey, but I can get any dye on my skin off after we wash the residual out.”


“This isn’t for the dye, it’s for your back.”


“My back is fine, Joey,” JC insisted.


“Then it won’t be a problem for me to check,” Joey persisted. JC realized there was no point to arguing and let Joey proceed. JC had been through this before and he knew what to do to take care of himself, he didn’t need Joey’s help.


“FUCK!” JC screamed as Joey caught a tender bit of flesh. 


Joey grabbed another cotton swab and poured on more alcohol. “Here,” he extended his hand to JC. JC grabbed it, gritted his teeth and squeezed as Joey held the cotton swab tight against JC’s skin. “This can’t hurt as much as how you got it in the first place,” Joey reasoned with him and pulled back.


“I was expecting that pain,” JC chuckled.


Joey shook his head and found a bandaid, which he applied tenderly. “Keep that on for the shower and I’ll redress it once your hair is dry. Don’t want to risk any dye getting in there.”


“When the hell did you become such a good dad?” JC asked with a smile.


“Fuck if I know,” Joey shrugged. “I think the key is coming in after all the drama is over and playing hero. None of the work, all of the glory.” Joey put the swabs and the alcohol back where he found them. “Speaking of, you seemed a little weirded out after Lance broke the baby news. Everything ok?”


“Yeah, I don’t know why it caught me by surprise but it did. I’m real happy for them.”


“Is it making you rethink having one?”


“I don’t know,” JC solemnly said. “A lot has changed in the last year, all for the better. I’m just trying to enjoy the ride and see where it takes me.”


“Such a you answer,” Joey laughed. “I don’t know how you are so good at answering a question by not actually answering it at all.”


“Hey Joey,” JC held his hand up like it was a microphone. “What’s the status of an *NSYNC reunion?” JC moved his hand right in front of Joey’s face.


“Very funny,” Joey admitted, then quickly switched topics, knowing he’d get no more out of JC on that one. “Did you pick out what you’re wearing? If ever there was a time to bust out your old leather pants, it would be now.”


“If I tried to put them on, I’d be busting out of them,” JC chuckled.


“Fuck, had I known, I would have brought some of my old ones. Skinny me equals fat you.”


“This is what happens to all of us when we aren’t dancing 14 hours a day in a sweltering hot air hanger and I for one am too old to be doing that again.”


“You do realize performing again will involve dancing, right?”


“Yeah but none of us can run around like we used to, even if we got back in shape. Face it, we’re old, man.”


“Says the guy currently trying to regress his look by ten years.”


“Shit, I was just hoping for five but I’ll take ten if I can get it,” JC laughed. 


“I still can’t believe you’re going through all this trouble. I haven’t seen you this jazzed about a chick since…” Joey stopped himself. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up.”


“It’s ok, Joey,” JC assured him. “Eva fucked me up in a lot of ways, ways that have affected every relationship since, including this one. Colleen, she…she makes me see how bad things would have become if Eva and I had gotten married. I knew it after she started talking about me but I look back and imagine what life would have been like with her and know waiting all this time to find Colleen was the better choice. If I had to go through all that to be here with her, it was worth it.”


Joey smiled brightly at his friend. “So, when should I expect my wedding invitation?”


“Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. We aren’t even a year in yet,” JC cautioned him.


“Have you talked about it?”


“Briefly. She’d like to get married in general but she knows I’m gun shy. Actually, I just realized she doesn’t even know the whole story with Eva.”


“Doesn’t take a genius to know what happened there even if she doesn’t know the finer details. You do whatever you want to do but don’t let some bitch ruin your future with someone who’s much much better for you.”


“Joey, she’s not a bitch…”


“Just cuz you’re too nice a guy to say it doesn’t make it untrue. Bitch isn’t even a strong enough word to describe her but I am a gentleman and will refrain from such vulgar language.”


“It’s true, you haven’t farted once since you came over.” Joey forced out a burp. “There’s the Joey I know,” JC grinned.


“My point is, Colleen seems to be helping you get over your shit, personally and professionally. Now if we can just deal with that,” Joey indicated JC’s back, “I’d feel a lot better.”


“I’m not going to stop seeing Mistress Raina and Colleen is well aware of that, if that’s what you're implying.”


“Look, I get Lance now has this mindset of trying to understand what you get about this and that’s cool and all but, frankly, I don’t give a fuck. You like what you like and I’ll absolutely rag on you about it but it’s not my job to understand how your brain works. My job is to be supportive, and I hope you get that by me helping you out with your weird little scheme, but when I see legitimate physical harm because of it, I’m gonna speak up and I’m gonna worry.”


JC wanted to be mad at Joey for bringing up the subject yet again but couldn’t. He could see the genuine concern on Joey’s face and relented a bit. “This isn’t the norm, I promise. I just…I don’t know how to explain it to you. I’ll be more careful next time, ok?”


“When exactly is next time?”


“I don’t know. Not until my back is fully healed, I can at least promise that.”


Joey sighed, “Ok, be more careful. Colleen won’t be as good dressing your wounds as I am.”


“Yet she would have kissed it and made it better,” JC smiled and winked.


“Then this definitely would be a gay porn,” Joey laughed. “Speaking of which, time to rinse. Get naked and let’s see the damage I did.”


The following night found Colleen, Sara, Matthew & Kyle a few drinks in and dancing to Megan Thee Stallion’s “Body” in the middle of Lance’s club. As much as Colleen was enjoying her quiet weekends with JC, being out with her friends was a refreshing change. 


“I can’t believe Lance set us up with bottle service,” Sara yelled barely over the music.


“Lance is too sweet. I feel bad he and Michael couldn’t make it,” Colleen shouted back. “Actually, let’s get a pic to send.”


“You have Lance’s number now?” Matthew gasped.


“No, I have Michael’s. Kyle is the one with Lance’s number,” Colleen smiled.


“Strictly for professional purposes,” Kyle reminded them. “Honestly, this place is great. It doesn’t really need much.”


“I’m sure he’ll be happy to hear that,” Colleen said as the four friends squeezed in for a selfie.


“So, who’s numbers do you have?” Sara inquired. 


“None of the guys, just Michael and Karly. We have a little text group. It’s so oddly wonderful,” Colleen giggled, adding the picture they just took to said group chat.


“No Jessica Biel?” Matthew asked, sipping his drink.


“I mean, I’ve never spoken to her so no, at least, not right now.” Colleen had noticed how Michael and Karly spoke about being thankful for having a third person to talk to as it had just been the two of them since Joey and Izzy broke up. Didn’t take a genius to know that meant they weren’t in communication with Jess on a regular basis as it was. Colleen wondered if that was a small part of the marital troubles Justin was currently dealing with.


“Hey!” Joey bounded over to the group, Jack and Coke in hand.


“Joey! I didn’t know you were coming by,” Colleen exclaimed as she gave him a hug.


“Absolutely, especially since Lance is paying for the booze,” Joey smiled and held his cup up as everyone joined him in a cheers to Lance’s generosity. “So, are we all having a good time?”


“Yes Daddy,” Matthew flirted, biting the stirrer of his cocktail.


“Easy there,” Joey laughed. “You’re cool, Matthew, but you can’t get me that drunk.”


“A mouth’s a mouth, Joey,” Matthew raised his eyebrows and grinned.


“On behalf of the human race, I’d like to apologize for him,” Colleen laughed. 


“Nah, it’s all good. A little dose of my own medicine, I can handle him,” Joey responded.


“Mmmmm, I’m sure you could,” Matthew eyed Joey up and down.


“Anyway,” Joey continued, “I actually wanted to come by because my friend thinks you’re cute but he’s a little shy.”


“What? Me?” Colleen said surprised. “Um, that’s sweet but I think you’re pretty aware I’m not really looking for a date.”


“I am!” Sara enthusiastically jumped in.


“Oh really?” Joey turned his attention toward the short brunette. 


“This is bad, isn’t it?” Kyle leaned into Colleen.


“I wouldn’t necessarily call it bad but the odds of them fucking tonight went way up,” Colleen watched them.


“I will scalp that bitch,” Matthew threatened.


“Hey, if she sleeps with him, she can give you the play by play,” Kyle offered.


“And get you a picture of his dick,” Colleen added.


Matthew pondered. “If she at least takes him to her place, I have a spare key so when they're sleeping…”


“Too far, too far,” both women responded, causing all three to laugh.


“What’s so funny?” Joey asked.


“We’re just trying to figure out who’s place you two are gonna end up at?” Colleen smiled.


“Well, I have to film tomorrow so probably mine?” Joey shrugged.


“I took off tomorrow so I’m good either way,” Sara smiled at Joey, who smiled right back.


“Twenty years of trying to land JC and she bags Joey in less than a week,” Colleen laughed and shook her head.


“Well, in her defense, much easier target,” Kyle joked.


“Oh, shit, right,” Joey said, finally remembering his wingman duties. “As I said, my friend over at the bar thinks you’re cute and wants to buy you a drink.”


“You wanna volunteer this time?” Colleen asked Kyle.


“Depends, what’s he look like?” Kyle asked Joey.


Joey pointed towards the bar to a mop of curly dark brown hair atop a man in a light pink button down. His blue eyes found Colleen’s through the crowd and she gasped. “Holy shit!”


“I definitely volunteer for this one,” Kyle smiled and took a step towards the bar.


“The hell you do,” Colleen grabbed her arm then turned to Joey. “He dyed his hair?!”


“Technically, I dyed his hair and feel like I did a pretty fantastic job if I do say so.” Joey boasted. “Wait? You don’t know what’s going on?”


“No clue. He said he’d try to stop by after he was done his writing session with Jimmy.”


Joey shook his head and chuckled, “Well, he lied but forgive him, he has good intentions. Though honestly, giving you himself as a birthday present is pretty fucking egotistical.”


“Joey, I’m not following any of this,” Colleen told him.


“I’m not really either. Apparently you said something in Miami about how you thought you’d meet him instead of how you did,” Joey shrugged. “I’m mostly here for the free booze and beautiful women,” he smiled at Sara, who giggled.


“I will murder you where you stand,” Matthew deadpanned to Sara.


Colleen searched Joey’s face for any other clues as to what exactly he was talking about but his attention was already back on Sara once more. She then turned to JC, who was still staring at her. He turned his body a little more towards her and tipped his glass of Merlot in her direction. That’s when she saw it.


“Oh…my…God…” she said slowly. “He’s wearing his Leo necklace.” Colleen’s mouth dropped open in disbelief as she finally took all of JC in. Slim fit jeans replaced his normal boot cut ones. The shirt she recognized from some old photo, open a few buttons to reveal his chest a bit, no sign of one of his customary t-shirts underneath. Several rings adorned his fingers and the only current piece on him was the cuff she got him for Christmas. He even appeared fully clean shaven.


JC watched as the realization hit his girlfriend’s face of what was about to happen. He’d have to remember to thank Chris for the advice about embracing Colleen’s fantasies about himself. He still didn’t quite get it but watching as her legs nearly gave out from under her just because he was sitting there being, well, him, made him smile.


“Whoa!” Joey yelled, grabbing Colleen’s one arm while Kyle grabbed the other so she didn’t fall on the floor. “Either all the alcohol just hit you or you figured out what’s happening.”


“Oh, I figured it out, alright,” Colleen confirmed, her voice husky with want. The conversation in the bathtub; JC had remembered her telling him the ultimate fantasy she had about him. He was full out giving it to her and she could have cum just from thinking about what the night had in store for them.


“So, do I need to do anything else or can I get another drink?” Joey asked.


Colleen refocused on the present. “You are good, Joey. If the drinks weren’t already free, I’d get you one.”


“You owe me for next time,” Joey joked and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Go get your man and remember me when you fuck tonight.”


“Not tonight, Joey but whenever we use that vibrator you bought us, I definitely will,” Colleen winked.


“So, here’s the thing,” Matthew spoke up. “I’m gonna need that vibrator you speak of…for reasons.”


“That’s a no on the vibrator but I do have a nice butt plug he gifted us that won’t be used,” Colleen offered.


“You sure it won’t be used?” Joey gestured his head in JC’s direction. 


“I asked, he doesn’t like it,” Colleen told him.


“Well, there goes Lance’s pegging theory,” Joey offhandedly stated, making everyone gasp and laugh. “Alright, who needs a drink?” he asked.


“Might as well get drunk if I can’t get laid,” Matthew rose his hand.


“How many drinks have you had?” Joey asked Sara.


“Five,” she answered him.


“Nope, you get water this round,” Joey stated.


“Seriously? I’m an adult and know my limits,” Sara protested.


“I’m sure you do but if the evening progresses how I hope, I want to make sure you’re fully in your right frame of mind,” Joey grinned.


“Make mine a double then!” Matthew shouted. 


“I feel like I should be offended I’m not getting hit on by Joey but watching this love triangle unfold is way more fun,” Kyle said to Colleen.


“Well, in his defense, much easier target,” Colleen echoed Kyle’s joke back. Colleen gave each of her friends a quick hug and a promise to fill them in the next day, even Joey, who now became the first “other” *NSYNC member she had in her phone. Colleen breathed and made her way over to the bar, to where JC Chasez was waiting for her.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story