“Hey! If it isn’t the…” Chris paused to count on his fingers. “Seventh most beautiful woman in the world.” He stepped out onto Justin’s front step and gave Colleen a huge hug.


“That’s an oddly specific number,” Colleen laughed.


“Wife, Mom, four sisters always have to come first, or so I’m told,” he gave a wide grin before moving over to greet JC. “Good to see you man, glad you guys could make it.”


“Wouldn’t miss it,” JC smiled.


“Colleen!” Karly yelled upon seeing the new arrivals.


“Oh my God, Karly!” Colleen screamed back, running into the house for a hug. “I’m so glad to finally meet you!”


“This outfit is so cute,” Karly commented, backing up from Colleen and admiring her matching dark blue linen tie top and shorts with Pearl embellishments on the sleeves and hem. A white belt and shoes completed the look.


“Thank you. I can’t lie, it took me forever to figure out what to wear today,” Colleen confessed.


“How many stores?” Chris asked JC. 


“Nine,” JC groaned. “It actually was adorable watching her trying to find the right thing. I kept telling her we aren’t that exciting but she refused to believe me.”


“Speak for yourself. I’m a fucking amusement park of fun.”


“That’s upsettingly accurate actually,” JC laughed.


Nash ran up and wrapped his arms around Chris’s leg with a bunch of giggles. “Hey Buddy, you remember Uncle JC?”


“Yeah,” Nash smiled. 


“Can I get a high five?” JC asked, holding his palm up towards Nash, who hit it forcefully. “Dang, good arm kid,” JC said, shaking his hand.


“And this is Uncle JC’s girlfriend, Colleen,” Chris said, turning Nash towards the ladies. “Can you say hi?”


Nash looked skeptically at the stranger then his eyes lit up. “Did you bring your dog?!” he asked excitedly, jumping up and down.


“Can’t get anything past this kid,” Chris laughed, giving Nash a pat on the backside. “Go play,” he instructed his son, who ran off with just as much laughter as he came in with.


“We the first here?” JC asked as they walked into the house. 


“Of course. Lance likes to be fashionably late and Joey has no respect for a clock,” Chris joked.


“Should we assume your mother never taught you how to read one then?” Justin teased as they entered his kitchen, wiping food off of Phin’s face.


“I can clearly tell it’s fuck off o’clock right now,” Chris shot back with a smile.


“Can you please stop…” Karly started scolding her husband.


“It’s ok, Karly. No way any of us are gonna be good today.” Justin turned to his oldest son. “Silas…”


“I know, don’t tell Mom,” he rolled his eyes, clearly having been told several times already. 


Justin greeted both JC and Colleen and found room in the fridge for the sides they brought. “Broccoli salad?” Justin noted. “You really did bring the healthy stuff.”


“If you left it to Joey, it would just be at least three different pasta salads and some weirdly specific Italian dish,” JC informed him. “I also brought some veggies to grill.”


“Already got you covered, man, but never hurts to have more,” Justin smiled.


“Did someone say more?” Joey’s booming voice filled the room as he entered, carrying various bags. “What more could you ask for now that I’ve arrived?”


“Definitely gonna ask for more aspirin now that I gotta put up with you all day,” Chris told him, helping him unload the bags and giving him a hug.


“A little help!” Lance could be heard yelling from the front door. Justin and JC jogged over to find Lance and Michael trying to pull a dolly six cases high through the front door.


“How many people did you think were coming, Bass?” Justin asked in amusement as he helped Lance pull the wheels over the lip of the door.


“Can’t help it if I know the right people,” Lance said as he stood the dolly upright and shared a round of hugs.


“Don’t worry, we didn’t forget the kids,” Michael said, holding up a box of Capri-Sun. Silas and Nash shouted in delight and ran towards Michael as Phin clapped at the mere excitement of it all from his high chair. “I also picked up some wine slushees for my favorite lady friends.” He held up another box as he came over to give Colleen and Karly each a kiss on the cheek. “Well, and JC too, let’s be honest.”


“He’ll be most appreciative,” Colleen confirmed.


“Apparently they know something about the guest list we don’t,” Chris commented as he continued to unpack Joey’s items. “I thought it was just the five of us. Are all the other boybands joining today?”


“Hey, I didn’t know what everybody liked so I got a variety. Pasta salad alone comes in different ways so we have a selection.”


“Exactly how many is a selection?” JC walked over and asked.


“I got Italian style, Amish style and Tuna,” Joey confirmed, “and before you give me any grief about it being “so many carbs”, I got something healthy as well.” Joey grabbed a clear container filled with vegetables floating in brine and put it on Justin’s counter.


“What the hell is that?” JC asked.


“It’s giardiniera, Italian pickled vegetables. Enjoy!” Joey smirked.


“It’s frightening how well we still know each other after all these years,” Justin put an arm around JC and shook his head. 


“Gentlemen, a toast?” Lance said, having opened the top case of Smirnoff Ice and starting to hand the bottles out.


“No, I’m not drinking that sugar water,” Chris protested. “Grab me a beer please.”


“Same,” Justin agreed.


Lance rolled his eyes and put the top case on the floor and opened the beer case underneath, handing the bottles to Chris and Justin. “This was ranked the best overall beer in the country so if you don’t like it, we’ve finally confirmed you have no taste.”


“Never met a blonde Belgian I didn’t like,” Justin said as he took a swig.


“You were supposed to wait, you dummy,” Joey smacked Justin’s arm.


Lance joined the other men with his own bottle of Smirnoff. “To friends,” he smiled, moving his bottle into the middle of them.


“To new beginnings,” JC echoed.


“And celebrating our past,” Justin added.


“To finally getting the band back together,” Joey smiled.


“We few, we happy few, we band of brothers,” Chris finished, adding his bottle as they all cheered and drank.


JC looked over at his girlfriend. “Oh honey, I thought you’d at least make it past the ten minute mark.”


“I couldn’t help it,” Colleen sniffled, wiping her tears away. “Chris quoting Shakespeare surprised me too much.”


“Hey, I’m cultured,” Chris stated defensively.


“Lies,” Karly leaned over to Colleen. “Renaissance Man is on Disney Plus and he’s been watching it like once a week.”


“Danny Devito is a comedic legend!” Chris raised his hand triumphantly.


The guys fell into a rhythm immediately, swapping old tales and new with each other. Michael got out the wine slushees for the three of them as Karly picked up a fussy Phin from his chair. “Give them time,” she told Colleen, “they’ll remember we’re here eventually.” 


“Oh, I don’t mind at all,” Colleen told her. “I’m enjoying watching them together.”


“Give that time as well,” Michael chimed in, “the novelty wears off real quick.”


“Sorry, sometimes it’s still weird to realize I’m dating someone famous. We don’t, like, “do” Hollywood things together really.”


“I get it,” Karly told her. “Chris still does events and stuff but it’s not nearly at the same level as his *NSYNC days. It’s more like you run into people because you get VIP access to things, which is incredibly cool. There’s really only been a handful of times it’s been like “Whoa, this is a big deal”.”


“It’s gonna make me sound jaded to say like “Oh, we went to Chrissy Teigen and John Legend’s house, no big deal” but yeah, we’re more “active” in that way. I just really try to remember that we’re all people but I’ve been star struck a time or two, for sure,” Michael explained.


“What was it like the first time you were around all five of them?” Colleen asked.


“It was definitely kind of overwhelming,” Karly said. “It was for Chris’s fortieth birthday and trying to coordinate all four of them and keep it from Chris was stressful. The look on his face though when he saw them, it made it all worth it. The same thing happened then as is happening today and, for me, yes, it was incredible to see *NSYNC hanging out again but seeing Chris so happy to have everyone together was the real joy.”


“I actually met everyone at Chris and Karly’s wedding so it was a super different experience for me,” Michael added. “I mean, it’s their wedding so I didn’t really see them then the other guys were actually ushers so they were busy so I never really got time to take the *NSYNC part of it in. Like Karly said, it was just great seeing Lance have such an amazing time with his friends that he doesn’t see much.”


Colleen looked over at the guys all laughing. JC’s eyes had turned into slits as he slapped his hand onto Lance’s back over something particularly funny. She thought back to JC’s question in the car yesterday and realized that while she was excited to see her favorite band back together again, it really was heartwarming to see her boyfriend so happy.


“Alright boys, nap time,” Justin announced a few hours later. 


Nash and Silas audibly groaned. “Dad, one more level, please,” Silas begged as he motioned towards the tv and the Lego video game they were playing.


“Nope, you’re in a hub area. You can save it and resume later,” Justin insisted. Silas huffed but didn’t argue as he proceeded to save the game and turn off the console.


“Dad, I’m not tired,” Nash yawned.


“I know buddy but how about we give it a shot,” Chris encouraged.


“Kids truly don’t understand the joy that is a great nap,” Joey shook his head.


“Are you gonna come take a nap too, Uncle Joey?” Nash asked.


“Sure,” Joey agreed, swallowing the last of his drink. “Lead the way!” Nash and Silas giggled as they ran to the second floor as Joey followed them. “Silas, which one is Mommy and Daddy’s room?” Joey could be heard asking.


“Stay out of my bedroom, Joey!” Justin shouted up the stairs.


“Not a chance. I’m gonna make myself nice and comfy on Jess’s side so she knows I was here. Might even drool on her pillow.”


“You are so fucking immature,” Justin shook his head and started towards the stairs.


“This is the risk you run when you let Joey into your house,” Lance called after him with Chris and JC nodding in agreement.


“Party in Justin’s bunk!” Joey yelled, obviously a call back to some incident in their touring days.


An idea popped in Colleen’s mind as she coolly set down her drink and silently slid off her shoes. JC looked at Colleen and his brow furrowed in confusion as to what she was doing. She slid her eyes toward the stairs and jerked her head slightly up. JC understood instantly what she was planning.


“Hey J, before you go up, can you help me find where the pickles are?” JC distracted his friend.


“What? You pregnant too?” Justin asked as he quickly headed back to the kitchen. Once his back was turned, Colleen made her move. Justin didn’t hear her running right away but when her feet hit the stairs, Justin whirled around instantly. “Hey! Just where do you think you’re going, young lady?”


Colleen paused and faced Justin with an amused grin. “You absolutely deserve this,” she laughed as she bolted up the stairs. “Joey, I’m coming!” she shouted as she tried to find the master bedroom.


“Damn, I didn’t even have to do anything,” Joey yelled. “I think I’m getting better at this as I get older.”


“What the hell did you do now?” Lance teased Justin as they all started to make their way upstairs. 


“Might have accidentally seen Colleen naked,” Justin confessed.


“Oh yeah, this isn’t even all you deserve,” Lance chuckled.


Colleen finally found Justin and Jess’s bedroom and saw Joey flopping his body all around the mattress like a fish out of water as Nash and Silas laughed at his antics. Joey stopped once he saw Colleen. “Won’t you join me in the boudoir?” Joey said with overacted seduction, running his hand over the rumpled comforter. The boys screamed with joy that somebody else was joining the fun.


Without hesitation, Colleen jumped into the bed. Joey instantly got his arms around her and started tickling. Colleen screamed and laughed as she kicked her legs to be let go. Nash and Silas decided to climb onto the bed as well and start tickling the adults, who of course tickled the kids right back.


“I can’t decide if this is wholesome or really fucking weird,” Chris said as the rest of the group gazed upon the scene before them.


“You’re the loser, we’re having fun,” Joey yelled. Nash smiled and stuck his tongue out at his dad as Colleen tickled his rib cage and he doubled over in laughter once again.


“Actually, either Lance or Michael need to join in,” Karly noted. “One from each family.”


“I have a better idea,” Michael said, flipping through pictures on his phone. “Get the cameras ready.”


“Alright guys, let’s settle down,” Colleen said, out of breath. “That means you too, Joey.”


“Oh, but I’m just getting started,” Joey winked.


“My child is right there!” Justin wailed. This time Joey was the one to stick his tongue out.


“Alright, I got it,” Michael stated and handed Joey his phone. Joey laughed as he pulled Silas to lay on his stomach. Colleen turned Nash around so he was facing forward.


“Silas, can you hold Uncle Michael’s phone?” Joey asked. Silas took the phone and Joey twisted it in his hands so the screen was facing outwards, showing a picture of Chip and Dale.


Every available cell phone was out taking pictures of the pretend family. It wasn’t lost on any of them what this picture really represented: that the band’s bond was unbreakable and had survived marriages and divorces, kids, moves and career opportunities. A different piece of each of them was there and always would be.


“Ok, now it’s really nap time,” Justin tried to say with a stern face.


“I got this,” Joey said, scooping Silas up and then dragging Nash over Colleen. Joey got off the bed and grabbed each boy by the waist and carried one under each arm. “Ok, which way am I going?” Joey asked the boys. “Is it this way?” he quickly turned his torso, spinning the boys to the left, “or is it this way?” he said again as he turned immediately to the right, squeals erupting from the boys.


“Don’t make them puke,” Justin, Chris and Karly all yelled.


Joey trudged off with the boys to put them to bed with their parents following. Lance asked to put Phin down as he and Michael could use the practice and Justin obliged. JC came to sit down on the edge of the bed and rubbed Colleen’s leg. “I haven’t seen you laugh that hard, I think ever,” he told her.


“Well, you are smart enough to not tickle me,” she smiled.


“You’re the one who joined the malay,” JC raised an eyebrow.


“Admittedly, I don’t think I knew what I was getting myself into. I mostly just wanted to fuck with Justin.”


“Good first attempt but I think I have a slightly better idea,” JC grinned, his hand sliding up to Colleen’s thigh.


Colleen looked down at JC’s hand then back at the mischievous glint in his eyes. “You think we won’t get caught?”


“Oh, we’re definitely gonna get caught,” JC told her.


“And here I thought you were more a voyeur than an exhibitionist,” she smiled back as JC crawled on top of her and kissed her. Colleen wrapped her arms around JC as they commenced to making out on Justin’s bed like teenagers.


Eventually, the bed bounced as they stopped to find Chris laying next to them. “This feels like old times,” he said as they both simultaneously yelled as Justin jumped fully onto JC’s back.


“Ow! We’re too old for this now!” JC shouted as he rolled his body, causing Justin to fall to the floor in a fit of laughter. “You both were such assholes for that,” JC chided the men.


“You started it, man,” Chris reminded him.


“Lies! YOU started it, I just went along with it,” JC countered. 


“Oh, this sounds like *NSYNC gossip. Tell me, tell me, tell me!” Colleen clapped excitedly.


“These two assholes busted in on me and Britney having sex in the back of the tour bus one time,” Justin said as he stood up.


“Then to get me back, these two assholes came in and sprayed silly string on me and my ex Danielle when we were having sex,” Chris continued.


“By no surprise, I got the worst of it,” JC huffed. “I even barricaded the door to keep them out.”


“We stood outside for so long, we had the situation staked out,” Justin admitted.


“Why’d you guys wait?” Colleen asked.


“Had to wait for the “perfect moment”,” Chris told her with a smirk.


Colleen picked up on Chris’s intonation. “You assholes waited until they were cumming!”


“Bobbie tried to hit me from under JC but kept just slapping him in the head,” Justin laughed at the memory.


“Where were you?” Colleen turned and asked Chris.


“Right where I am now, except then I had a video camera,” Chris stated.


“You do NOT still have that!” JC’s eyes widened.


“It’s in a box somewhere, I’m sure,” Chris told him as Justin started laughing again.


“No no no,” Colleen turned back to Justin. “You literally clung to JC’s back as he had an orgasm?!  So you think that’s funny but…” Colleen paused, remembering to censor herself as Chris was right there. “You really need to re-evaluate your shit.” Justin eyed Colleen, who simply shrugged, making no apologies for her observation.


“I don’t know what coded conversation you two are having,” Chris spoke, “but I like you.”


“Why’s that?” Colleen asked.


“Not only do you get JC to have a personality again but you only put up with our shit to a point. My wife is like that too and I find it a really important quality in being with any of us.”


“Wow Chris, that damn near sounded genuine,” JC teased him with a smile.


“Yeah, well, I’m old enough to recognize when I need to be reigned in a little bit. Never tell my wife I said that.”


“Too late,” Karly spoke, standing at the door. “If I didn’t like Colleen so much, I’d be a little pissed off you were in bed with another woman.”


“My hands are clearly visible,” Chris defended himself. “Plus JC’s with us too.”


“Yeah, I’ve heard enough stories to know that’s not exactly an assurity of good behavior,” Karly joked. Chris patted the bed next to him as Karly crawled in.


“Is everyone going to have sex in my bed but me at this point?” Justin decried.


“Yep!” Lance exclaimed, dragging Michael behind him through the door and then squishing into Justin’s bed with the other two couples. 


Joey came in and observed the scene, putting an arm around Justin’s shoulders. “I don’t swing that way but if it’s really what you need right now…” Joey put his thumbs in the waistband of his pants.


“No!” everyone shouted at once, Justin shoving Joey away with a laugh.


“Fine, then I’m joining the orgy on my own,” Joey told him, proceeding to climb across everyone on the bed, despite their protesting. 


“Ew! I can feel your balls on my stomach,” Chris yelled.


“Come on, Justin,” Lance encouraged. “I feel like this is probably the last time any of us will get to be in an octo-orgy.”


“Tell me just made that word up,” JC shouted over the mound of people.


“I would think you of all people would be up on this lingo,” Lance teased.


“Timberlake!” Joey exclaimed. “Either get in this bed and cuddle or when you all are eating, I’m gonna sneak back in here and jizz into one of your pillowcases and leave you to discover which one later.”


“What…why?” Justin shook his head in disbelief. “I’m literally concerned about how your brain works.” The crowd’s cheers turned to groans as Justin joined the childish fun and added his weight on top of the couples. “Is everyone happy now?” Justin asked as his head laid between Lance and Michael’s chests.


“Your ass is in my face,” came Chris’s muffled voice.


“I hope no one was planning to play Twister later,” Colleen laughed. “Because if this is the antics that happen when you guys are fairly sober, I’m concerned what the evening will bring.”


“That sounds like a challenge to me,” Joey enthused as everyone groaned once again.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story