Colleen took a few moments to collect herself after JC left. She was practically shaking with rage. She finally calmed herself enough to redial Stacey. “Stacey, I’m heading out early today. Let Todd know I’m taking the Reynolds files with me to review over the weekend and I’ll have a contract ready to go first thing Monday morning.” Colleen hung up, gathered the aforementioned files into her attaché case and headed out the door.


While the traffic impeded her speed to get there, Colleen still found herself parked in front of the familiar Thai restaurant on Robertson before she knew it. She double checked her surroundings and made sure no one was watching before dashing down the alleyway to the unmarked door. She knocked quickly then secreted herself in a shadow just in case someone noticed her.


A minute or two went by until the door creaked open. Bruce, the weekday security guard, peered his head out and found Colleen practically plastered against the opposite wall in an attempt to remain unseen. “Hey Colleen, sorry about that. I didn’t realize you were on the schedule today,” he said, holding the door wide for her to enter.


Colleen darted her eyes quickly down both sides of the alley before running through the door. Bruce had seen people do all kinds of things to avoid being spotted over the years but it never failed to amuse him. Once he shut the door, Colleen admitted, “I’m not. I have a bit of a situation. I need to talk to Raina.”


“Raina?” Bruce replied in surprise. Part of his job was knowing who was who’s regular clientele so he immediately knew this was an odd request. “Why don’t you go sit in the lounge a moment. Raina’s finishing up a session; I’ll let her know you are looking for her.” Colleen hesitated. “No one’s in there,” Bruce reassured her and gently guided her down the hall. 


They both entered the lounge and Bruce continued to the back door and into the inner sanctum while Colleen made herself a drink. As she filled her glass, she suddenly flashed back to filling two. She turned and looked at the mustard yellow armchair that faced her way and could see the memory of JC sitting there plain as day. Clad all in black, his graying hair standing out against his outfit, talking to Miss Jacky with concern on his face, his small smile as she handed him his drink, his soft blue curious eyes…


“Fuck!” Colleen exclaimed, trying hard not to throw her glass in some melodramatic show of frustration. She also knew she’d be made to clean it up anyway so what was the point? Instead she opted to down the contents of the glass quickly down her throat, poured another healthy amount of straight liquor into said glass and shot that as well. She never thought JC was lying to her but she wasn’t ready to admit that his account was true. She spent so much of the car ride there convincing herself he just had to be mistaken but it was irrefutable now.


The back door opened and Miss Jacky rushed over, the worry written all over her face. “Leena, honey, are you ok?”


“Not really, Miss Jacky,” Colleen admitted. “I need to speak to Raina.”


“Bruce said. I’m sorry to interfere but obviously something has happened I’m not aware of and if it affects relationships here, I need to know.”


Colleen let out a long sigh. “She sent JC to my work.” Miss Jacky looked at her puzzled. “Josh,” she clarified, finding it odd to refer to him as such but now remembering that’s what Miss Jacky called him.


Miss Jacky gasped at the realization, her hand instinctively covering her mouth. “It’s been a while since I’ve reviewed either of your agreements but I feel pretty confident neither of you signed off on activity outside of your home or here.”


“From the sounds of it, JC...I mean Josh, changed his mind on that. He said Raina had texted him my work address and she called my office to set up the meeting on his behalf. To be clear, I did not change the perimeters on my agreement.”


Miss Jacky patted Colleen’s hand, “We will get to the bottom of this, sweetie. Have you talked to Piper yet?”


“No, Miss Jacky. I’m...I’m worried she helped facilitate this and I...I can only handle one giant breach of trust at a time,” Colleen admitted.


The thought hadn’t crossed Miss Jacky’s mind but now that it had, she was furious. She built the reputation of the club on the back of privacy, discretion and anonymity. The times people found out never came from her employees but rather the clients own slips or the occasional private investigator. To think these veterans had done something this potentially devastating to this young woman, a lawyer no less who could surely figure out a way to quietly sue the pants off of her, had her livid.


Miss Jacky grabbed Colleen’s hand and marched her through the back door and farther down the hall than she had ever been. Miss Jacky opened a door at the end and lead Colleen into a nice sized office. “Wait here, sweetie,” Miss Jacky politely told her before going back out into the hall and shutting the door behind her. Colleen practically jumped when she heard Miss Jacky shouting “Raina! Piper! My office! NOW!”


Colleen took a moment to look around the office as she waited. A large feathered fan was centered behind Miss Jacky’s cluttered desk. A coat rack of assorted robes stood on one side while more were thrown across a chaise lounge that fit against a nook in the wall. Between the two was a dressing screen with rich colored flowers intertwined with various “tools of the trade” painted upon it. Colleen stepped closer to inspect and could clearly see the brushstrokes of the piece, imagining this had to have been a custom job.


The door reopened as Miss Jacky walked in with Raina in tow behind her. Even with a robe covering her catsuit, Raina was still a commanding presence in the room. Under normal circumstances within these walls, Colleen would feel intimidated. Not today, not after what she did.


“Leena,” Raina addressed her. “Joshua told me you returned my gift unopened. That’s a shame, he’s quite the present with or without the wrapping.”


Colleen looked at Raina incredulously. “What the fuck does that even mean?! What...what kind of present is sending one of your slaves to where I work without my consent? Especially someone...so famous. You put the both of us in danger and at bare minimum, I deserve an explanation and an apology.”


Before Raina could respond, a voice came rushing from the hallway into the room. 

“What the hell is going on?!” Mistress Piper asked, pulling her own dark grey plush robe over her outfit.


Colleen looked over at Mistress Piper and instantly felt the fight start to leave her. Any other time, it was amazing to literally leave her troubles at the door and relax in her presence but that conditioning was working against her today.


“Leena?” Mistress Piper questioned, surveying the room and trying to catch up. “What’s wrong?”


Colleen was now struggling to find the words so Raina decided to interject. “I tried to help her out and now she’s pissed about it.” Once again, Colleen looked at Raina in disbelief.


“Help her out how?” Mistress Piper questioned. 


“By giving her what she’s always wanted,” Raina stated simply, as if that explained her actions.


“That’s enough!” Miss Jacky yelled. “Cut the fucking act and talk like a human being. Tell me what the hell happened right now!”


Colleen had never seen Miss Jacky mad and by the looks on Raina & Mistress Piper’s faces, it appeared to be a rarity. Raina let down the tough, in-charge, dominatrix exterior and simply spoke.


“I knew something had happened when JC came in the time before last and flipped out at me. Now I know why and I wanted to try to help him. He needs someone he can be every part of himself with and I knew Leena liked him so, honestly, I was just trying to play matchmaker.”


Now all 3 other women in the room were staring at Raina in confusion. “What exactly did you do?” Mistress Piper finally asked.


“I sent JC to Leena’s office to meet her. I knew he’d eventually put it together that he saw her before but didn’t think he’d be as shocked and blatant as he was. He’s really good at discretion normally, I didn’t think it would blow up like this.”


Mistress Piper’s face grew red. “You fucking sent him there without telling me?! I know we’ve talked about getting them together but here, for a session. I cannot believe you went behind my back and had him meet her at her work. What the hell is wrong with you?!”


“So sorry that I thought them meeting while she still had a brain in her head made more sense!” Raina fired back. “Professional lawyer who’s got her shit together is a better impression than air-headed bubblegum princess.”


“If they already met a few days ago, then it’s the second impression anyway, you idiot!” Mistress Piper yelled.


“STOP IT!” Colleen finally screamed, all eyes instantly turning towards her and mouths falling silent. “There is a lot of information that’s getting thrown around that I’m just not understanding.”


“You and me both,” Miss Jacky agreed, her arms folding across her chest.


“You’re right,” Mistress Piper said, trying to calm herself down. “Ask whatever you want to know.”


Colleen wasn’t even sure where to start anymore. “How...how long has JC been a client here?”


Raina & Mistress Piper glanced at each other before turning to Miss Jacky. “Oh no, you brought this on yourself. Answer her.”


“Regularly on and off for about 20 years,” Raina told her.


Colleen looked stunned. From what she imagined of JC from all the rumors she had heard over the years about his sex life, knowing he frequented a sex club wasn’t the most shocking news but finding out his submissive side was so pronounced as to have a Mistress was a lot for Colleen to wrap her brain around.


“He’s been here the whole time I have?” Colleen asked, barely above a whisper.


Mistress Piper walked over to Colleen. “You know I couldn’t tell you. I thought it innocent enough to ask what celebrity you liked to work into some of your training but didn’t think you’d say someone who actually came here. Raina and I made sure you two were never scheduled at the same time so you wouldn’t accidentally run into each other. I didn’t know JC was here the other night until after the fact.”


“I wouldn’t have said anything,” Colleen tried to reassure her.


“We know that but he doesn’t,” Raina chimed in. “Believe it or not, he’s a tough guy to convince of anything. You gotta be a little manipulative with him.”


“I still just don’t understand why you wanted him to meet me?” Colleen questioned again.


Raina and Mistress Piper exchanged looks once more before Raina spoke up. “I admit I don’t know you that well but I know JC and I trust Piper’s judgement. You are the type of woman he needs in his life. Someone supportive but also knows how to support herself, someone who shares his interests and can celebrate them, not shy away or judge or exploit.”


“It sounds like you are basing this off the fact that I have a good job and we both have weird kink fetishes,” Colleen replied.


“It’s as good as any place to start,” Raina shrugged.


“Look,” Mistress Piper started before Colleen could reply. “The whole point of this business is to give people their fantasies and when you said you liked JC, we both wanted to make that happen at some point. Someone,” Mistress Piper said exaggeratedly while looking Raina squarely in the face, “took it upon themselves to do that outside the safety of this club and without anyone actually agreeing to it.”


“A very large violation,” Miss Jacky chimed in from across the room.


“You both realize I don’t actually know JC, right?” Colleen reminded them. “He’s just a guy who has a great voice who’s poster hung on my wall when I was younger. Yes, he’s good looking, yes I’ve imagined going on a date with him or fucking him but I’ve never met the man. The JC I know is based in as much fact as I have but the rest is total speculation and wishful thinking.”


“Do you want to meet him?” Mistress Piper questioned, “or do you want to just keep him a fantasy?”


“I don’t really have a choice anymore.”


“You always have a choice,” Mistress Piper reassured her. “JC doesn’t know how you feel. Wait, does he?” she asked, turning to Raina who shook her head in response. “There, so it was just one brief meeting. A terrible misunderstanding you both could hopefully overlook if that’s what you wanted to do” Mistress Piper paused for a moment. “If you wanted me to, you know I could…”


“No, please,” Colleen stopped her. “I honestly don’t know what I want right now. I really just need some time to think.”


Raina pulled out a slip of paper and handed it to Colleen. “This is JC’s number. If you want to contact him, you can. If you don’t, that’s fine too. I’m officially taking a step back from all of this.”


“You have got to be kidding me?!” Miss Jacky shouted, walking over. “You can’t just give out a client’s personal information.”


“He said it was fine,” Raina retorted.


Miss Jacky scoffed, “No, I know exactly how that went. You told him you were going to give it to Leena and he agreed.” Miss Jacky turned to Colleen and held out her hand. “I’m sorry, sweetie, but you know I can’t let you keep that.”


“That seems a little hypocritical considering everything,” Mistress Piper countered.


“You’re right, it is,” Miss Jacky agreed, “but I’m ending this situation before it goes any further and more people end up hurt and further violated.” Miss Jacky turned back to Colleen and opened and closed her palm several times indicating for her to hand the paper over.


Colleen hesitated only a moment, letting her imagination run away with the idea of being able to contact her long standing crush and all the interesting scenarios it could lead to. However, as much as Mistress Piper was correct, two wrongs weren’t going to make a right and she acquiesced the precious information.


“Thank you, dear,” Miss Jacky said sweetly. She then turned to Raina. “You,” she pointed, “are suspended for two weeks without pay. Turn over your work phone, gather your things and get out.”


“I have a client coming in an hour!” Raina protested.


“I’ll tell them you got sick and they can reschedule.” Miss Jacky stared down Raina, practically daring her to speak up again. Raina stared back at the older woman yet relented. She made a choice and was going to take the consequences. Raina turned and started to leave the room but Miss Jacky called after her. “To be clear, you are to have no contact with any of your clients whatsoever, especially Josh. When you get back, we are going to have a long talk about your future employment here.” Raina nodded tersely and left.


Both Miss Jacky and Mistress Piper turned their attention back to Colleen. “What else can we do?” Mistress Piper asked.


“I don’t know,” Colleen told them, putting her head in her hands and trying very hard not to cry. “I feel so humiliated. It’s bad enough someone finding out but JC Chasez, of all people.”


“He also happens to be someone who will completely understand how you are feeling and certainly isn’t going to make assumptions about you,” Mistress Piper tried to reassure her. “I have a few hours before my next client. Do you want to come back and relax for a bit?”


“Free of charge, of course,” Miss Jacky quickly added.


Colleen sat for several moments. She didn’t want to disappoint Mistress Piper but she also didn’t see how any sort of relaxation would be happening. Mistress Piper could sense her inner conflict. “Just be honest, it’s ok,” she told her.


“I’m sorry, Mistress. I’m just not in the right place for that now,” Colleen told her. “Thank you both so much for the generous offer though.”


“Of course,” Mistress Piper smiled at her. “You let me know when you are or if you just need to talk.”


“Same here, sweet pea,” Miss Jacky told her, giving her hand a tight squeeze.


Colleen gave them both a weak smile. “Thank you, I just...I have a lot I need to think about.”


“Take as much time as you need,” Mistress Piper reassured her.


Colleen thanked them both again as she gathered herself together and headed out. She didn’t know what she had expected to happen but she somehow still felt in shock as she left. So many different and conflicting emotions were happening within her and she wasn’t even sure how to start sorting them out.


Bruce was at the door once again as she headed to the exit. “Hey,” he said, “I ordered you some red chicken curry and two summer rolls to go up front. When I’m upset, food always helps.” Bruce patted his stomach and gave Colleen a big smile.


Colleen threw her arms around Bruce and clung to him in appreciation. She wasn’t always the biggest hugger but this act of kindness was beyond needed. “Thank you,” she mumbled into his neck. Bruce hugged her in return, rubbing and patting her back to comfort her.


“Come on, your food’s gonna get cold,” Bruce told her, letting her go. Colleen wiped a tear away and thanked him once more before leaving. She walked up the alleyway, too distracted by her own thoughts to worry about anyone seeing her, picked up her food and got in her car. 


She sat there a few moments, holding the steering wheel but not starting the ignition. She stared out at the expanse of Robertson in front of her. The line of cars crawling by, the tourists mixed with residents window shopping. Not a one with a care in the world as she sat there feeling like hers had imploded.


She’d kept it together for hours but everything she had learned from Raina and Mistress Piper was weighing down on her too much that she finally allowed herself to break down and cry. The scream of frustration, anger and sadness left Colleen’s throat so violently, she thought she might physically vomit. Tears streamed down her face as she pounded the steering wheel repeatedly. 


Only a few hours earlier, her life had been perfect. She was the youngest woman to make junior partner at her firm and a practical shoo in for L.A.‘s 40 Under 40 feature when it ran in a few months. She had her friends from her morning Pilates class and her group for late night drinks and mingling. She was well liked as far as she knew and even though it had been a while since her last serious relationship, she didn’t have trouble finding a date when she felt like having one.


Now it felt like it had all gone to shit. Her one secret blown wide open. She knew before even venturing to the club the risk she was taking but figured she could talk her way out of the situation if any rumors came up. She was a lawyer, after all, she knew how to be convincing. Besides, her at a sex club dressed like some porn star fantasy and acting like every stereotype of a bimbo that existed...no one would buy it.


Colleen had yet to find a partner who didn’t label her as “weird” for her fantasies. She knew that was a large part of why she found herself single; she got tired of feeling ridiculed and judged for her desires so she separated the two. It was a temporary solution but one that had been working perfectly fine.


Now these women were suddenly telling her that not only was there a guy who would understand her but he was literally the man of her dreams?! It was too absurd to be real. She fell hard for JC the moment she laid eyes on him as a teen and her feelings toward him barely relented over the years. Her childhood room was plastered with pictures of him. He was the person she thought of the first time she had an orgasm. Once he went solo, she saw him perform four times in a week over her spring break.


That had been over a decade ago and while they both had grown, her infatuation with him hadn’t faded. She’d keep her ear to the ground for any news about him. She frequented restaurants and bars he was reported to have been to. She switched her gym to one he had been seen at several times. She went to Matt Morrison’s and Tony Lucca’s area shows in hopes he would show up. She just wanted to meet him, just once. See if he was everything she imagined in real life.


Now she finally had, handed to her on a silver platter no less. She had stared at her calendar for hours last night, sure someone was playing a trick on her. All those years of looking for him and he came to her. She had done her best acting with him, not letting it show for a second that she had wanted to jump him the second she shut the door to her office. She knew JC always liked a confident, intelligent woman and she was that. Yet now here she was, realizing in the end this really was just a cruel joke after all.


A few quick raps at her passenger side window startled Colleen out of her thoughts and she hurriedly brushed as many tears off her face as possible. She turned and saw Raina’s face staring back at her, freshly washed and free of her usual make up. As Colleen registered the change, she also saw Raina’s long hair pulled up in a messy bun, the large duffel bag she had slung over her shoulder and the light grey hoodie and matching joggers she wore. It was like seeing Mickey Mouse take his head off to reveal the teenager underneath.


Colleen rolled down her window and practically wailed, “What? What is it? Why the hell do you insist on torturing me today?!”


Raina appeared to be taken aback by Colleen’s outburst but persisted nonetheless. “Be mad, that’s fine, but I honestly was trying to help.” Raina tossed a paper into the Thai food bag in the front seat. “Call him, trust me.”


Colleen stared down at the bag then back up at Raina. “Don’t you get it? You don’t care about helping me, you only care about helping him with what his situation is. I’m just apparently a convenient means to an end.”


“Maybe so,” Raina confessed, “but I wouldn’t set him up with someone I didn’t feel would be good for him and he in turn for them.” Colleen still looked nonplussed at her so she finally pleaded, “I am risking my entire career on this. He deserves some happiness in his life and I believe that you do too.”


Colleen wasn’t even sure how to take that last comment. “You’re making it sound like I’m supposed to be his savior. That’s a lot of pressure you’re pre-imposing on me.”


“I’m just asking for you to give him a chance,” Raina said.


“You want me to give him a chance?” Colleen asked before erupting into a fit of laughter, the irony of the whole thing truly hitting her. “I’ve been trying to get a chance with him for over two decades now and this...THIS is how it happens.” Colleen was certainly happy to no longer be crying about the situation but this comedy of errors was getting too out of hand to be real anymore. Colleen just had to wake up from this nightmare any moment now.


Raina just smiled softly back at her and said, “The path to our dreams never looks the way we imagined it but, if we are lucky, we always find a way to get there.” With that, she stood up and walked away. 


Colleen watched her go and when she was out of sight, she reached in the bag and pulled out the paper Raina had left her. She opened it to reveal it simply showed a telephone number: 213-555-3748. Colleen shook her head, folded the paper back up, slipped it in her purse and started her car to head home, cranking up the radio to temporarily block out her thoughts.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story