With JC by their side, they were able to get into any club, but they chose Les Deux to start out with and get the blood flowing.


Blame it on the a-a-a-a-a-alcohol blared through the club’s speakers as they walked in to the room, making their way to the bar and the VIP section.


The music kept at a level as the trio watched bodies grind on each other on the dance floor and the alcohol began flowing.


Soon a familiar song came on, and Allyson and Liz looked at each other and began banging their heads in unison before they started scream singing. 


Na-na-na-na-na-na-na I wanna start a fight

So So what? I’m still a rock star

I got my rock moves

And I don’t need you

And guess what, I’m having more fun

And now that we’re done

I’m gonna show you tonight

I’m all right, I’m just fine

And you’re a tool, so so what?

I am a rock star

I got my rock moves

And I don’t want you tonight.


JC just sat back in his chair and laughed, taking in the scene unfolding in front of him. It was obvious how much fun Liz and Allyson had together. More than that, though, this was one of JC’s first times to witness first-hand Allyson really let her hair down a little.


The upbeat dance songs continued cycling through. 


Because when I arrive I, I bring the fire

Make you come alive I can take you higher, the music continued.


Hard to hear over the music, there wasn’t much talking happening during the night. There were many looks exchanged, though, as women approached JC and a few men gave Liz and Allyson a once-over.


By midnight, after a few drinks were coursing through their bodies, the trio made their way to a karaoke bar where they could keep the fun going, but hear each other.

Normally, Liz would be the first one looking for the door when someone mentioned karaoke, but the extra shot they did as they walked into the bar threw her inhibitions out the window.


“Hey, hey, you, you, I don’t like your girlfriend! No way, no way, I think you need a new one!” Liz started singing, selecting Avril Lavigne’s song “Girlfriend.” The song was somewhat controversial with some thinking Avril was “selling out” her punk roots, but in the bar Saturday night, Liz was feeling the song and everyone was feeling her.


“Oh my gosh that was such a rush!” she said when she sat back down at their booth. “You need to do it, Allie!”

“You know I can’t sing.”

“That’s the point of karaoke,” JC chimed in. “It doesn’t matter if you’re good or not. It’s just about having fun.”

“Come on! Pleeeeaase,” Liz pleaded with her. “I did it!”

JC just nodded.

“Oh my gosh, fine! Wow, y’all are pushy!”

“But you’re doing it with me, mister,” she pointed to JC.

“Fine. Pick a song. But I’m not doing *NSYNC.”

“Geez! Fine.”


Writing out her selection, Allyson showed it to JC as she turned it in.

“Are you serious?”

“Yep. Let’s go.”

“I did say I’d let you pick.”


Grabbing the microphone, JC and Allyson hit the stage with Liz providing their cheering section.

“Oo-hoo-hoo” Allyson sang, not great, but not terribly either. “Oo-hoo-hoo!”

“Debbie just hit the wall. She never had it all. One Prozac a day. Husband’s a CPA,” JC started singing.

Looking over for Allyson to take the next line, but she was off in her own world dancing around the stage, leaving JC to take over the song. As he did his best with the song, he glanced over at Allyson, smiling, watching her jump and twirl around the stage, seemingly without a care in the world.

The pair left the stage to applause from many more than just Liz as Allyson plopped down in her chair.

“I think that last shot might have done her in,” Liz said laughing, looking at JC.

“I think you might be right. So, did y’all have fun?

“Oh this was a blast! If this is what a night out in LA is like, I wish I’d tried it sooner.”

“This is a special night. It’s not always this good. But considering this place is closing in half an hour, what do ya say we get you both home.”

“But we haven’t found Liz a man!” Allyson said, slurring the words together, making both Liz and JC laugh.

“We’ll come out again, and I’ll find someone then. How’s that?”

“Fine.”

Allyson sang “1985” in the back of JC’s car nearly the entire way home, while Liz and JC just enjoyed the free entertainment.


“Thank you for a fun night, ladies!” JC said as he walked the women to the door. “We’ll have to do it again next week for Allyson’s birthday.”

Allyson was leaning on Liz’s shoulder in the doorway. “That sounds good,” Liz said with a chuckle.

“Look after her, will you?” JC added with a slight concern in his eyes.

 

Liz nodded. “Nothing a little Pedialyte, water tonight and Gatorade and spicy Thai noodles tomorrow can’t help.”




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story