Author's Chapter Notes:

We're headed to Disneyland!

Passes in hand, Liz and Allyson walked through the gates of Disneyland a little after 10, and Liz watched as Allyson’s eyes went wide, taking in the scene. Liz loved watching people’s re-introduction to Disney when they could really soak it in.

Allyson could only smile. It really was the Happiest Place on Earth.

“First things first, we need to hit Main Street and get you some ears!” Liz said almost as excited as she had been the entire time Allyson had been there.

“Should I get the same ones you have?” Allyson asked, gesturing to Liz’s black sequin Minnie ears, overwhelmed by the sheer amount of options.

“Try a few on. We’ll have an ear photoshoot,” Liz suggested.

As Allyson tried on different ears – Goofy, Pluto, Mickey, Minnie and balloon styles – Liz took some pictures as Allyson began posing with funny faces.

“I think I like this one,” Allyson said, making her selection.

“I like them,” Liz said as she looked down at her phone.

“What are you doing?” Allyson pried.

“Don’t worry about it, just get your ears. We’ve got a lot of ground to cover!” she laughed.


Forty miles away, JC’s phone dinged. Stepping off the treadmill, he looked at his phone. We might have had a photoshoot, Liz wrote.

JC smiled as he saw photo messages loading. One, two, three, four different poses with various ears. He chuckled, but he was a little jealous he couldn’t be there. He had really enjoyed spending so much time with Allyson and hated to think of her being on the complete other side of the country after this week.

Looks like a great time! I like the polka dots. They’re classic, he sent back.

Liz laughed as she saw the text come back, waiting at the exit for Allyson to make her purchase.


“Would you like me to cut the tag off? Are you wanting to wear these now?” the cashier asked Allyson.

“Oh yes, if you can!”

“Sure, here you go,” as the cast member cut off the price tag. “Have a magical day!”

“Thank you!” Allyson said as she placed a pair of polka dot Minnie ears on her head. “What’s so funny?” she asked Liz, who was still smiling to herself.

“Those are the ones JC liked also,” she smiled.

“No! Did you send those pictures to him?”

“Maybe, but only the best ones. He said he liked the polka dot ones.”

“They’re classic Minnie!”

A laugh burst from Liz again.

“Did he say that too?”

Liz just nodded, “Mhmm.”


The pair made their way around the park, getting a round in on the classic Tea Cups, Dumbo and Big Thunder Mountain with fast passes secured for The Matterhorn and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Their first Disney day was all about Disneyland before going to California Adventure the next day.

“OK, you want to see the afternoon parade, right?” Liz asked Allyson.

“Yes! For sure.”

“OK, well then we’re going to pause rides and get a Dole Whip and get our place along the route.

The Dole Whip was exactly what the hot summer day called for as they sat on the curb of Main Street for the parade to start.

After the parade, they went through their remaining fast-pass rides and got churros before the nighttime Main Street Electrical Parade in California Adventure and a casual stroll along Paradise Pier.

They saw the fireworks across the way in Disneyland, and Liz reassured Allyson fireworks were on the agenda for the next day.


How do you not spend every day at Disney? she texted JC as they were in the car heading out of the parking lot.

Did you have fun?

I didn’t want to leave! We’re doing California Adventure tomorrow. I wish you could come.

Me too. But I like the ears you chose.

Liz told me those were your pick also. Classic Minnie

Classic Minnie. When are you getting out there tomorrow?

9. And I will be sleeping like a baby tonight

I bet. Get some rest.

As JC was finishing up his text conversation with Allyson, a second message popped up from Liz.

Want to surprise Allie again?

JC smiled. He loved surprises, as long as they were for other people and not him. Sure. What did you have in mind?

Want to meet us for fireworks tomorrow?

I’m down. Just tell me when, and I’ll be there.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story