Even after an exhausting day in Disneyland the day before, Allyson was up with her 7 a.m. alarm, ready for day two of Disneyland.

It was hot, so Allyson paired her Mickey character tank top with jean shorts and her new ears. Liz chose a similar outfit, only opting for a Disneyland T-shirt rather than a tank top.

 

“First stop, Soarin’ Over California,” Liz said as they took a right to California Adventure first.

“You’re my guide,” Allyson said, following Liz’s lead.

“Trust me, this one is so much better than it sounds.”

“I’m trusting you.”


With only a 30-minute wait, the pair got in line “This must be good if it’s already got a 30-minute wait,” Allyson said.

“It’s probably one of my favorite things to do here,” Liz said.

“Wow, OK then.”

As they waited, they tweaked their game plan to get to California Screamin’ and Mulholland Madness* before using their park hopper to go back to Disneyland to get in The Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain and It’s a Small World before the fireworks.

“OK that was amazing!” Allyson said as they left Soarin’.

“I told you!”

“OK, if we have time, can we do that again?”

Liz just laughed. “Yes.”


One by one, Liz and Allyson knocked out the attractions on their list, stopping once they entered Disneyland to get a quick snack.

As night began to fall, Liz told Allyson they needed to find a place to stand for the fireworks.

“You tell me where to go,” Allyson said.

“We’re going to go up Main Street a little ways and try to get right by the statue where we got a photo yesterday. We should be able to get a pretty good spot before they start roping things off.”

Allyson just nodded, thankful she had an expert to show her how to do Disney.


Just parked. Where are yall? JC texted Liz as she and Allyson found their spot.

On Main Street right in front of the Mickey statue.

On my way

“Perfect,” Liz said as they secured their spot. They had somehow managed to get everything accomplished, including getting a Mickey pretzel and another Dole Whip. “Now, we have about 30 minutes before the show starts.”

“This has been absolutely fantastic. I really get why this is called the Happiest Place on Earth. I have not thought about the job search or anything while I’ve been here.”

“Job search?” Liz asked.

“Yeah. I mean, I’m not going to work as a barista my whole life. I don’t know what I’m going to do, but something.”

“Well, your bed is always available if you have an interview here in southern California.”

“Thanks,” Allyson said with a smile.

With five minutes to fireworks, JC spotted the women. It was not easy getting to them with the ropes up, but he managed to get to where he needed to be.

Liz saw him come up alongside them and moved a little to allow him to get between Allyson and the statue.

Allyson turned to look at Liz’s movement and felt someone moving behind her, so she moved up a little too, not knowing why the person was trying to go behind them when there was a walkway in front of them. Then, JC cleared his throat. Allyson whipped her head around toward the sound.

“Mind if I stand here with you? I love this view,” he said with a smile.

“Oh my God! How did you? When? How? What?” Allyson stammered as she threw her arms around JC’s neck.

“We thought your last full day in California needed to be special.”

“Wait, you knew about this?” she asked, turning her attention to Liz.

“It was her idea,” JC laughed.

Allyson’s arms migrated from JC to Liz.

“You’re amazing!” she said as she let go. “I was just thinking I really wish JC could be here.”

“Your wish is my command,” JC said, dipping into a princely bow.

Allyson couldn’t help but laugh as she kissed him softly.

There was a one-minute warning for fireworks, and Allyson turned around as JC threaded his arms under her arms and around her waist. She laced her fingers with his, content.

As the music started, the lights on Sleeping Beauty’s Castle danced and the first of the fireworks shot up into the clear California sky. Instinctively, Allyson leaned her head back against JC’s chest as she took in the sights and sounds of the show. JC gently bent his head down to kiss Allyson on the top of her head.

 

Chapter End Notes:

*Mulholland Madness is now Goofy’s Sky School. In reality, Space Mountain was closed for refurbishment from April-November 2009, but just play along.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story