Allyson and JC easily settled into married life, enjoying being under the same roof, enjoying each other and being active in each other’s lives.


A few years later, JC’s parents flew to California to celebrate *NSYNC’s latest accomplishment: a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

“Oh, don’t forget Randall’s lion, babe,” Allyson said to JC as they gathered everything for the ceremony.

“Got it. Diapers, lion, snacks, sippy cup, pacifier, extra clothes. Anything else?”

“I think that’s it.”

“OK, then, let’s roll,” JC said. He would be driving everyone to Chris’ hotel where he would then get into a car with Chris, Lance and Joey, and the rest of the family and friends would arrive a few minutes later through the side entrance, away from the cameras and fans.

Clad in a three-piece black suit with longer hair than he had had in years, JC was perfectly matched by the dark-green jumpsuit Allyson had selected for the occasion.

The ceremony was everything they hoped it would be. The crowd was huge and enthusiastic, the speeches were heartfelt and genuine – from everyone. Then, just as they were getting ready to start taking pictures, Randall started getting overwhelmed by the excitement and the crowd.

“Oh no! Bad timing, bud,” Allyson said as the 1 year-old in her arms began fussing.

“Give him here, I got it. You go get your pictures,” JC’s dad said.

“But you need a picture with your son,” she said.

“We’ll get one. You need to be up there. I’ll take care of this one,” he said, going into a baby voice, “and we’ll get pictures later. Won’t we? Yes we will.”

“Thank you!” she said and kissed the top of Randall’s head. “I’ll see you in a bit, Randy. Be good for Pops.”

JC looked confused when just Allyson and his mom walked up to get pictures with the group.

“Your dad’s calming Randall down,” she whispered to him.

“Oh no. We’ll get a big picture with everyone inside when it’s not so busy and loud.”

“That’s what he said too.”

“Where do you think I learned everything from?” he said loud enough now for his mom to hear, giving her a smirk and a wink. “I’m kidding! Love you, Mom!”

“Love you too, son,” she said. “Proud of you. Proud of all of you!”

As they were getting in position for the photo, JC lowered his head down to Allyson’s ear and whispered, “Did I tell you how beautiful you look?”

All she could do was smile and grab his hand as the flashes began.


Backstage, everyone cooed over Randall, Nash, and Silas and got all the pictures they couldn’t get outside, including the *NSYNC kids playing together.


“This feels good to be together like this again,” Chris said. “I love you, guys.”

“Brothers for life,” Lance said as they began a group hug.



The guys laughed and reminisced with family, friends and former management and crew members among the memorabilia set up in the Dirty Pop-Up Shop. Everything just felt good. Things felt right.




The next year when an opportunity to play Coachella came up, things felt right again. Allyson stood with the other special guests in their VIP area, they watched in awe at how well they were received as they took the stage and how natural they appeared on stage. It was as if no time had passed.


“Can we do this again?” JC asked backstage, still on a high from the stage.

“That was just like old times,” Joey said.

“And it felt good!” Lance said.

“Well, speak for yourself, I’m old now!” Chris joked. “No, seriously, I love being on stage with you guys. Maybe not full choreography like that, but I miss being on stage with you guys.”

              “Let’s do it then,” Lance said. “What’s stopping us?”

              “Well, we gotta check with Justin,” JC said. “He was cool with this, but this was a one-off.”

              “He’ll do it,” Chris said. “I guarantee it. The amount he talks about that time, I know he misses is as much as we do. He just doesn’t get to talk about it near as much as he’d like.”

 

              “I’ll get on the phone tomorrow then,” Lance said.




You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story