It was the first time in a long time that Kendra had been anywhere without one or all of her kids.Adult time was something of the past , once she had become a single parent. The conversation had been borderline hysterical all evening. And she couldn't help but notice Joey watching her intently throughout the evening. 

 

Kendra got up from the table, and said to Joey," Can I get your plate?"

He looked up at her, and stood handing her his plate. " Need some help?" 

" Uh ....sure " He picked up the remaining dishes on the table., and followed Kenny into the house and into the kitchen.Karly watching as she came up to Chris.

"Christopher Alan Kirkpatrick."

Upon hearing his given name, he turned and looked at his wife, like he was in trouble.

"Yeah babe?"

"What am I witnessing?"

" People doing dishes" he quipped," that isn't us." 

Watching the two in the kitchen at the sink... Having a bubble  war with each other.Joey with a soap bottle and sponge and Kenny with the sprayer from the sink. It was on.

" OMG !!!"  Karly said, trying not to laugh, and failing miserably. As she walked into her kitchen to a very soaked Joey, and a very soapy Kenny. Both with dopey girls on their faces.

There was soap on the tip of Joey's nose. " Um.. you gotta little soap on your face.." Kenny said as she sprayed him directly in the face. Dripping wet, he stuck his entire arm in the sink, " Well, I think you need some right about here." He said painting a soap beard on her face. 

 

Chris cleared his throat,and  unable to control his laughter any longer. Watching his friends in his kitchen both soaked. " Are you done yet?" He said trying to breath, his outburst of laughter making it hard.

" Uh ....yeah." Joey stammered, as Chris threw him a towel.

Kendra completely lost it, dissolving into a fit of giggles, laughing so hard that tears wear coursing down her cheeks. Coming up for air, she looked at Chris and Karly and Joey, and lost it again. " I'm sorry guys. One minute we were washing dishes, and the next minute here we are."

Karly was happy, this was the first time in a really long time that she had seen her friend laugh and smile. And it was all because of Joey.

Kenny excused herself, to go clean up, as did Joey.

As Joey went up the stairs, Chris quipped, " So I guess Incant leave you two alone together, got it.

Joey promptly flipped him off, as he disappeared upstairs.

" I believe that Joey just met his match.  Ken gives just as good as she gets. This should be very interesting."

"Ain't that the truth." Chris laughed.

 

 

 

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story