Author's Chapter Notes:

This is a LONG one...also...NSFW.

 

As I mentioned, the restaurant is real...just not in NYC

 

https://oreganos.com  if you want to check out the menu

I have a LOT going on in the coming weeks so we will see how fast I can be with updates...enjoy...

10 days.  Justin had only been gone 10 days, not even two weeks, but it already felt like an eternity.  He’d stayed true to his word; calling, texting and using FaceTime as much as he could, but it wasn’t the same.  It was hard.  Harder than he imagined.  Yes, he loved performing, the stage was his home and it felt good to be back in his element but he missed having Chloe and Gabby around. 

4 shows.  He’d done 4 shows and now he was in Memphis for one night.   He was about to take the stage and he was excited.  Memphis was special!  He’d grown up here.  He had family here.  Tonight, was a “homecoming” so to speak but it didn’t feel like it had before.  There were so many thoughts and emotions running through his mind but the one thing he kept going back to, the one thought that kept replaying in his mind was of Chloe. 

He wanted her there, to share in this moment, but he knew she couldn’t be. Looking down at his watch he sighed.  It was a Saturday night, meaning that she was either at home or “On Call.” Truthfully, he’d tried to keep track of her schedule but it was hard.  He could barely keep track of his own. 

There was still a bit of time before he took the stage so he decided to at least get off a text.

Justin: Hey there

A smile crept across his face as he watched the “Chloe is typing” pop up on his screen.

Chloe: Hey.  Aren’t you supposed to be on stage?
Justin: In a few. 

Chloe: And you’re texting me?!

Justin smiled more.

Justin:  I miss you! I’m in Memphis tonight!  Wish you could be here.


 Chloe sighed and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear.  She wanted to be anywhere than where she was right then.

Chloe: Me too.  I’m about to head into surgery.  Gunshot wound.  Stray bullet.  It’s a kid.

Suddenly, Justin’s feelings felt far less important.

Justin: Damn! How old?

Chloe: 3!!  I had to call in a Pediatric surgeon to assist.

Justin: You got this!

Chloe cracked a half smile.  She hated working on kids, especially young ones, so his words of encouragement were appreciated.

Chloe: you too!

Justin: You want to call me after?

Chloe blushed.  He definitely knew what she needed, even from far away.

Chloe: Won’t you be onstage?

Justin grinned at this. 

Justin: Maybe. Maybe not.  How long does a gunshot wound usually take?

Chloe: Depends.  I won’t know until I get in there, at least a couple hours.

Justin nodded and quickly typed his reply.  He knew they were both on a tight schedule.

Justin: Call me when you get done…if I can, I will answer. 

Chloe: Good luck

Justin: You too

Apparently, fate was smiling on Chloe that night because she was able to remove the bullet with minimal damage.  The little girl would make a full recovery. 

Wiping the sweat from her brow and pulling her surgical cap from her head Chloe made her way out to the waiting room.  It didn’t take her long to find the girl’s family.  They were seated in a back corner, holding each other, their heads bowed as they prayed. 

“Mr. and Mrs. Thomas?” Chloe managed to get out.

Immediately, their eyes snapped up to meet her gaze.  She could see the fear in their eyes and her heart lurched.  She could only imagine what they were feeling.

“I’m Dr…De Luca. I operated on your daughter.”

Truthfully, the paperwork wasn’t finalized yet but it was just a matter of days.  Her name change had been approved. 

“How is she?” the father choked out.

Chloe smiled and instantly, she saw both parents start to relax.

“Everything went really well.  We were able to remove the bullet with minimal damage.  She is going to be really weak for a bit but she should make a full recovery.”

“OH, THANK GOD!” The mother exclaimed.

“Thank you! Thank you so much!  Thank you isn’t enough!” the father chimed in.

Chloe smiled again and nodded.  “I’m a parent too.  I get it.”

“Can we see her?”

“Absolutely!  In fact, I will take you back to the Recovery room myself.”

After escorting the family back and finishing up her charting Chloe retreated to the “on call” room where she could be alone.  It was well after midnight in New York, meaning it was after 11 in Memphis.  Justin was probably done with his show by now, or so she hoped.

Flopping down on the cot Chloe pulled the phone from her pocket and dialed Justin’s number.  He answered on the first ring.

“How did it go?” Justin asked as soon as he answered.

Chloe sighed and tried to get comfortable.  Her nerves were shot and her body was exhausted but hearing his voice made her relax.

“Good. I was able to remove the bullet pretty quickly, with very little damage.”

Smiling to himself, Justin put one arm behind his head and laid back on the bed.  He was staying the night in Memphis but would be flying out early the next morning to surprise Chloe and Gabby.  Two days in New York before he had to be in New Orleans. 

“That’s awesome! I’m glad to hear it.  I know how much you hate operating on kids.”

Chloe nodded even though he couldn’t see.  “I do.  It always gets me, especially in situations like this, but I was really glad to help this family get their little girl back.”

“I’m sure they are very grateful.”

“Yeah, but could we maybe talk about something else? How was your show?”

He didn’t blame her in the least for wanting to change the subject.  It wasn’t his favorite either.  Just the idea of it was making his heart ache so he could only imagine how she felt.

“It was good.  It’s always nice performing for my hometown crowd.  I just wish you could have been there.”

Chloe sighed and snuggled into the pillow a bit more.  It amazed her just how much she missed him, and how connected she felt even from hundreds of miles away.

“Me too, but soon.  Madison Square Garden isn’t that far away.”

Justin grinned.  She had no idea that he was planning to surprise her.

“No, it’s not, but it feels that way.”

Chloe nodded.  She understood completely.  She’d been counting the days since he’d left.  The show at Madison Square Garden was 19 days away.  19 days until Gabby and Justin’s birthday.  17 days until her birthday.  Not quite 3 weeks.  It couldn’t come fast enough.

“You get a break tomorrow, don’t you?” Chloe wondered aloud.

Justin grinned more if possible.  He was trying to keep his excitement in check but just the idea of seeing her was getting to him.  In more ways than one.

“I do.”

“Do you have plans? Are you going to hang out with your family or just chill?”

“Not sure yet.  What about you?”

Chloe stifled a yawn before smiling into the phone.  “Sleep in some.  Then, I don’t know, probably just hang out with Gabby.”

“Do you have tomorrow off?”

This time, a yawned escaped.  It was late.  She’d already done two surgeries.  Chloe was beyond tired.

“I do.  Since I had the “On Call” shift tonight I don’t have to be “On Call” tomorrow night, meaning I get the day off.”

“I should let you get some rest while you can.”

Justin had caught the yawn.  Not to mention he could hear the exhaustion in her voice.  Yes, he was tired too.  Performing night after night on stage for thousands of people was definitely tiring, but it was nothing in comparison to what she did every day. 

“I’m good.”

Justin chuckled softly.  She was trying to stay awake for him.  He knew it.

“Well, yes, you are.  Very good.  Great even, but even sexy, intelligent, beautiful, trauma surgeons need sleep.”

Chloe closed her eyes and sighed into the phone.  His voice was making her feel warm and tingly all over.  “You think I’m sexy?”

“Mmm! Very!” Justin replied, his voice low.

“You’re not so bad yourself.”

“Oh?!”

“Mmm!  That hair, those eyes, your lips, that brilliant mind of yours.  Ugh! That voice. Damn! I wish you were here.” Chloe groaned.

Justin sucked in a sharp breath then had to quickly adjust himself.  Laying in bed, the lights off, hearing her voice and her talk that way was getting him revved up. 

“Chloe…” He whispered, his voice shaking a bit.

She knew what he was thinking, probably because she was thinking it too. 

“I know…I’m sorry…I didn’t…”

“Don’t apologize…I get it …trust me…”

Just then her phone dinged.  She had a message.  Groaning inwardly, she pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at the screen.  Immediately, she sat bolt upright.

“Shit! I’m sorry Justin…I have to go…car accident coming in!”

“Go! Do your thing! We’ll talk more tomorrow.”

“Promise?!”

“Absolutely!”

The next day Chloe started to stir in her bed sometime after noon.  She had gotten home around 7:30 a.m. and by some miracle everyone in the house was still asleep.  She hadn’t even bothered to get in the shower she was so tired.  Instead, she pulled off her scrubs, leaving them in a pile on the floor along with her bra, pulled on a t-shirt and slipped into bed. 

She’d fallen asleep almost immediately but now she was starting to wake.  She didn’t want to get up or open her eyes.  Truthfully, she was in the middle of a delicious dream, one she didn’t want to end and she knew if woke up the dream would slip away.  It felt so real.  It felt like heaven.  She could feel a pair of strong arms encircle her waist, soft lips nibbling at her neck and warm breath tickling her ear.  Then there was his scent.  She could smell him, almost as if he was there next to her.  It was his shirt.   The “Man of the Woods” shirt he’d given her.  She’d worn it to bed, because it smelled of him.  It made her feel close to him, even when she wasn’t.  Apparently, it made her dream of him too. 

Sighing happily, Chloe tried to snuggle deeper into her pillow only to have those strong arms tighten around her. 

“Mmm! Damn, I missed this!” He whispered.

Chloe’s eyes opened wide.  It wasn’t a dream!  He was there, in the bed with her!

Chloe turned over in the bed only to have her eyes lock with his blue ones.  His eyes were on fire! It made her suck in a breath.

“How did you…”

Justin chuckled and kissed her forehead. 

“I flew in early to surprise you.  Adam let me in.”

“And Gabby?”

She still couldn’t believe he was there.  If she was still dreaming, she definitely didn’t want to wake up any time soon.

Justin grinned more.  “Already beat me twice at checkers.  I’ve been here for a while.”

“How did you escape?”

Justin popped another kiss on her forehead and pulled her into him a bit more. 

“I told her the truth, that I was going to come check on you.  Don’t worry, I locked the door behind me when I came in…”

It was then that his eyes seemed to deepen.  She was also acutely aware of the fact that she was pressed tightly against him.  He wasn’t wearing a shirt, or pants for that matter.  In fact, the only clothes he was wearing were a pair of boxer briefs.  She could feel the fabric against her legs.  She could also feel the very male parts of his anatomy against her. 

“That…and…well…Adam said he was going to take her out for pizza…and to the park…give us some alone time…”

Chloe’s eyes widened and smile started to form on her lips.  She knew what he was implying.

“We’re alone?’ She whispered.

Justin grinned and nodded.  “Mmm Hmm.  I heard them leave about five minutes ago.”

“It’s just us?”

Chloe still wasn’t completely convinced this was real.

“Just me and you.” Justin replied softly.

“Hmm…what should we do about that?” Chloe giggled.

Justin laughed then buried his face in her neck, whispering in her ear.  “What do you want to do Dr. Hunter?”

“It’s De Luca.”

Justin pulled back, his eyes searching hers.  The look in her eyes was serious, yet calm.  Content even. 

“Come again?!”

Chloe cracked a smile then reached up, placing a hand against his cheek.

“It’s not completely official yet.  I am still waiting for my new Social Security card and my Driver’s License, but those should be here tomorrow…”

“Chloe…are you saying…”

“I’m saying I took my maiden name back.  As of tomorrow, I will be Dr. Chloe De Luca again.”

Justin’s eyes were wide.  He understood the significance of what she was saying.  He also understood why she was doing it.  He didn’t blame her in the least.  However, it did make him curious…about a few things.

“Does Gabby know?”

Chloe nodded.  “She does.  I didn’t want to her find out the wrong way so I sat her down and we talked about it.”

“Was she upset?”

He was worried about Gabby.  It warmed her heart.  The fact that he cared so much about Gabby made Chloe fall for him just a little bit more. 

“A little.  She was mostly upset by the fact that we wouldn’t have the same last name anymore.”

Justin nodded.  He totally understood how hard that was for a child to grasp.  He’d felt the same way after his mother had married his step-father.  In fact, he’d been just about Gabby’s age when his mother had remarried.

“Do you think you’ll ever change your name again?”

“What do you mean?” Chloe asked, her voice quiet and a bit shaky.

She didn’t want to assume what he was implying but that didn’t mean she wasn’t curious.  Truthfully, she’d thought a lot about her future over the past few weeks, particularly since Justin had left on tour. 

“Like if you got married again…” Justin started.

Chloe’s heart started to pound in her chest.  She wasn’t sure where this conversation was headed but she was quite certain, either way, she wasn’t ready.

“Justin…I…”

Justin smiled softly, placing a finger to her lips.  He could see the panic in her eyes.  He knew what she was thinking.  He was thinking it too, but for now, it was just a question.

“Shh! Slow, ok?!  I promised you we would move at your pace. I meant that.  I’m not rushing anything. The tour just started.  We still have the trial…”

“Then, why?” Chloe asked bravely, her voice still shaking.

Justin smiled more then popped a kiss on her lips.  “I’m curious.  I want to know what you think.  I want to know what goes on in that beautiful mind of yours…and…well…I can’t lie to you and say the thought hasn’t crossed my mind.”

“What thought?”

This was dangerous territory. A conversation she was not at all ready for, but as much as he was curious about what went on in her head, she was curious about what went on in his.  Somewhere, deep down, she needed to know where this was going.

Justin smiled.  This wasn’t what he’d envisioned when he got up that morning but he was going to complain about it either.  This leg of the tour had only just begun, but from the very beginning it felt different.  Not bad. Just different.  Maybe it was coming back after surgery.  Maybe it was the accident.  Maybe it was the impending trial.  He loved performing.  He loved the thrill of the stage and sharing his talents with the world but it didn’t feel the same. 

He would step off the stage and it was as if he was crashing.  The adrenaline and euphoria he felt just disappeared.  Before, with *NSYNC, with his “brothers”, he had someone to share with.  It never really bothered him before, but now, since Chloe, it did.  It bothered him a lot.

“Getting married.  Settling down.  Starting a family.  I’m about to be 38. I’ve been doing this since I was 12…before that even.  For almost 30 years I’ve let my professional life dictate my personal life…that’s not acceptable anymore…”

Chloe bit her lip and tried with all her might to not blush, or at least not let him see that she was blushing.  Hearing him talk about settling down was definitely making the butterflies in her stomach go wild.

“It’s not?” Chloe whispered.

Justin smiled, pulled her into him and placed his lips lightly against hers.  “No. It’s not.  It’s time I started thinking about what I want and not just what others want from me.”

“And what is it you want?”

Justin grinned against her lips.  “For starters…”

In the next moment Justin was on top of her.  His lips pressed firmly against hers, parting them quickly.  Chloe moaned softly against him as his hands went up her shirt, teasing her with his fingers.

His kisses were slow, sensual and attentive making every nerve ending in her body tingle.  While his fingers teased at her breasts her hands went to his briefs, pulling them down to his knees exposing the very excited part of his male anatomy. 

She reached for him and he stopped her, grabbing her hands and lifting them above her head, holding them to the pillow with one hand while the other continued to tease her.

“Mmm, NO! Do THAT and this is going to be over very quickly.  We have the house to ourselves and nowhere to be.  I want to enjoy this for long as possible.”

Chloe nodded but didn’t speak.  She understood completely.

Smiling, he popped a kiss on her lips then let go of his grasp on her, allowing his hands to trail down the length of her body.  His hands were gentle.  His fingertips grazing her skin sending shivers racing down her spine.  Gently, he eased off her panties then pushed her knees apart and slowly pushed his hips forward, sliding inside of her very slowly.

For a moment, he didn’t move he just stayed there, un-moving, his hands at her waist, holding her hips and pulling her towards him.

Chloe moaned, then arched her back slightly.

“Are you ok?” Justin whispered softly.

Chloe nodded and smiled then grabbed at his hips.

“I missed you.”

Justin grinned then dropped his head, placing his lips just above her ear.

“Oh yeah?!

Chloe giggled as his warm breath tickled her neck.

“Yeah.”

Justin continued to grin as he began to nip at her neck.

“I missed you too.”

“How much?” Chloe replied.

“Let me show you.”

With his lips and teeth still nipping at her neck Justin began to push and pull inside of her, thrusting and retreating in a slow, steady rhythm.  Instinctively, Chloe’s hands went to his waist, grabbing at his hips and gently digging her fingers into his skin. 

He groaned against her, causing chills to shoot down her spine as he whispered in her ear.

“Damn! You feel good.”

Chloe giggled ever so slightly.

“You do too!”

In the next moment, and without any warning, Justin snaked his arms around her, pulled her as close as their connected bodies would allow and rolled her over so that now she was on top of him.

Chloe’s eyes widened as she looked down at him.

“Are you sure?”

Justin bit his bottom lip and nodded, his blue eyes smoldering.

“Mmm, yes, I like this!”

“I’m not hurting you?”

“Chloe…”

“Yeah?”

“I’m good.”

***

“Yes, yes you are VERY good!” Chloe giggled, flopping back onto the bed sometime later.

“I’m glad you think so.” Justin teased as he rolled on his side to face her.

Chloe blushed.

“You’re not…well…I’ve never…I mean…”

She was flustered, maybe even slightly embarrassed but it didn’t bother him in the least.  He found it incredibly charming and adorable.  However, he also wanted to put her at ease.  He wanted her to feel comfortable enough to speak her mind.

Smiling, he lifted her chin so that she met his gazed and popped a kiss on her lips.

“Whatever it is you want to tell me, or whatever you’re trying to say…I want to hear it.  I promise. No judgement here.”

“You’re not Eddy.” Chloe confessed.

Justin chuckled awkwardly.  “Yeah, you mentioned that.”

Chloe blushed more if possible.  “Sex with Eddy…was just that… sex.  With you it’s…”

“It’s what?”

“Different.  Better.  More meaningful.  You’re also…well…you’re umm…Eddy wasn’t as...”

Justin laughed and popped another kiss on her lips.  “I think I know what you’re getting at.”

Chloe giggled.  “Thank you for not making me say it.”

Justin grinned and nodded.  “Like I said, I get it.”

“I’m glad.”

“So, what are your plans for the rest of the day?”

Chloe laughed out loud at his question.  “You’re asking me to think coherently after that?!”

Justin chuckled then kissed her lightly on the lips, letting his own linger a bit.

“Let me take you out tonight.” He whispered.

“Out?”

Justin nodded.  “On a date, a proper date.  You know, you wear something nice.  I pick you up.  I take you out.  I take you home…”

“Home?  Whose home?”

Justin bit his lip and gave her a mischievous smile. 

“Hmm…well…you said it yourself…my bed is more comfortable.”

“I did say that, didn’t I?”

“You did.” Justin replied, his grin still present.

“Where are you taking me?”

Justin grinned more at the memory.  He had a hunch that Gabby was right and Chloe would love the place he was planning to take her.

“Just somewhere Gabby said you would love.”

Again, Chloe laughed out loud. 

“You’re taking me somewhere Gabby picked?!”

Justin shook his head and smiled.  “No, I picked it. Gabby just said she thought you would like it.”

Chloe made a face.

“No steak or sushi, I promise.”

***

Thank GOD for Adam!  She hadn’t really needed to even ask.  Truthfully, he knew how much she’d been missing Justin since he left on tour.  He’d also seen the way she’d thrown herself into Gabby and her work since Justin’s departure.  She needed the night out.  She needed some fun, especially with the trial looming in front of her.

Now Chloe found herself standing in her closet trying to pick out something to wear.  Justin hadn’t really given many details about where they were going.  All he’d said was that it wasn’t super formal.  There was no dress code.  Not very helpful, but it was at least something.

She sighed as she stood staring at the racks, praying that an outfit would jump out at her.  She really didn’t know what to wear.   She hadn’t been on a date in over a year, almost two.

It was then that Gabby bounced into the room, clutching her Branch doll, dressed in pair of pajamas. 

Chloe gave her daughter a questioning look, and apparently, Gabby knew what her mother was thinking.

“Uncle Adam told me that if I took a shower before dinner, we could order pizza and watch a movie before bed.”

Chloe smiled.  “I see.”

“Where is Justin taking you?” Gabby blurted out.

Chloe shrugged.  “Not sure.  He said it was some place you said I would like.”

At this, Gabby’s smile grew a mile wide but instead of saying anything she reached for a pair of dark wash, skinny jeans hanging from the rail then turned and grabbed a soft, dark green faux cashmere sweater from the other side.

“Wear this.” Gabby said, handing the clothes to her mother.

The jeans were dark wash and skinny but they were also low-rise, and therefore hugged her hips perfectly.  The sweater, was one of her favorites that she rarely ever wore.  It was a dark emerald green, fell off her shoulders on both sides and expertly tailored so that it clung to her curves in all the right places.

Chloe eyed the clothes and then her daughter and couldn’t help but bite her lip to keep from giggling.  The look on Gabby’s face was priceless.

“You think so?’ Chloe asked.

Gabby nodded then pointed to a pair of black knee high, leather boots that were sitting on a shoe rack in front of them.

“Wear those with it.  Justin will think you look pretty.”

Chloe smiled.  She did love those boots.  They made her feel confident, even sexy at times.  Tonight, she wanted to feel confident and sexy. 

Once dressed Chloe stood in the bathroom examining her reflection in the mirror.  The outfit looked good.  It was comfortable too.  An added bonus.  But now she had to figure out what to do with her hair.

Up? Down?  At work her hair was usually tucked away in a surgical cap, and when she wasn’t in surgery it was pulled back in a messy pony tail.  True, it usually started off as a neat pony tail but by the end of her shift it was always a mess.  However, this wasn’t work.  This was a date.  A real date.  With a real man.  A man she had very strong feelings for.  A man who had been gone for the past ten days.  She wanted to look her best.

Gabby was still standing next to her, watching her mother with interest.

“What are you thinking about Mommy?”

Immediately, Chloe snapped back into reality.

“Hmm?! Oh…umm…I was just trying to decide what to do with my hair.”

Gabby smiled and nodded to the clothes still in her mother’s hands.

“Why don’t you put on the outfit first, then decide.  Maybe it will help.”

Chloe beamed down at her daughter.  She really was wise beyond her years.  She didn’t sound like a five, almost six-year-old at all most days.  She sounded like a little adult.

“That’s a great idea Gabby! Thank you!”

As soon as Chloe put on the outfit Gabby’s grin grew exponentially.  In fact, she was grinning so big she resembled the Cheshire cat.  It was obvious she had thoughts on what Chloe should do.

“Up! Put it up in a pony tail!” Gabby exclaimed.

Using her fingers as a comb Chloe pulled her hair back into a pony tail.  She just wanted to get an idea of what it would look like pulled back, but as soon as she did, she had to bite her lip to keep from giggling.  Gabby was right.  Up was the way to go. 

“Sounds good to me.” Chloe replied as she grabbed a brush and began to neatly pull her hair back.

Once she was finished, she turned to Gabby for a final approval.

Gabby was still all smiles.

“You look SO pretty Mommy!”

“Thank you.”

Twenty minutes later Chloe was ready.  Her make-up was light and natural, but then she rarely wore make-up, just because it melted off during surgery so really, any make up was a lot of make-up.  Thank goodness it didn’t feel like a lot.  In other words, she didn’t feel uncomfortable.  Her hair was pulled back in a high ponytail with her hair falling down her back in gentle waves, her bangs combed to one side and soft tendrils framing the sides of her face.   Her jeans rode low on her waist, hugging her hips perfectly and her sweater paired with the pony tail exposed just the right amount of skin on her neck and shoulders.

For the first time in what seemed like forever she felt sexy.

When the doorbell rang Chloe felt the butterflies in her stomach surge.  She didn’t know why she was so nervous, but she was.  

As soon as the door opened, Chloe let out the breath she didn’t even realize she’d been holding.  Meanwhile, Justin’s heart had jumped into his throat.

She looked HOT as hell!  He found himself forcing a gulp of air down his throat, while at the same time trying to calm his now racing heart as well as his hormones. 

“Damn!” He whispered.

Chloe blushed and nodded at him.

“Funny, I was thinking the same thing.”

He was dressed in jeans as well, but they were the type of jeans that were obviously made for him.  In other words, they fit his body perfectly.  Snug where they needed to be, and loose where they didn’t. Then again, given that she knew he’d worked with Levi’s to design a line of jeans it made sense. 

His shirt was a simple steely blue-grey button down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, exposing his strong forearms, and the top two buttons were undone showing off just the right amount of his chest.   

Suddenly, the room felt very warm.

Gabby’s timing couldn’t have been more perfect.  She came bounding into the room dressed in her unicorn zip up onesie headed straight for Justin.

“Hey there Gabby bug!” Justin said sweeping her into his arms.

“Hey! Mommy told me you are taking her to that place you took me for dessert.”

Justin grinned and nodded.

“I am.”

“What should I get Gabs?” Chloe asked smiling.

It was amazing and heartwarming to watch Justin dote on Gabby the way he did.  He would make an excellent father some-day, she was certain of it.

Immediately she pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind.  Chloe was getting a head of herself.  The conversation from earlier in the day had made her start to wonder.  She needed to bring herself back to the present. 

Gabby beamed.  “Get the dessert.”

Chloe giggled.  “Well, of course, but what about dinner?”

Still in Justin’s arms Gabby screwed her face up in thought, then looked from Justin to her mother and back again.

“Hmm…well…I didn’t really get to look at the food menu but I know how much you love ham & pineapple…so…the ham & pineapple thin crust pizza, garlic bread…because…yum…and the chocolate chip dessert.”

Justin made a face.  “Thin crust, really?!”

Chloe laughed.  “Don’t knock it until you try it, especially if it’s done right.”

Justin nodded.  “Fair enough.”

“Ok, Gabby bug…come give me a hug.  Be good for Uncle Adam and I will see you tomorrow when I get home.”

Justin passed Gabby off to her mother then watched in complete awe and admiration as Chloe loved on her daughter. 

“Ok Mommy.” Gabby replied, nuzzling her mother’s shoulder.

***

The atmosphere of the restaurant was just as Gabby had described it.  Charming and cute, but not over the top, and yet, still believable as a “date night” destination.

It was a popular spot, and although it was a Sunday night, still relatively busy.  Thank goodness they had a reservation.  Justin was on tour, and thus burning off thousands of calories on stage every night.  In other words, he was hungry.

“Do you come here a lot?” Chloe asked.

Justin smiled and shook his head.  It was evening, meaning the lights in the restaurant had already been dimmed and candles were lit at every table.  The way the light from the flame flickered across her face kept drawing him in. 

“Not really.  Every once in a while.”

“I like it.  It’s really charming.”

“The food is really good here too.”

Chloe nodded then took a sip of water.  There was just something about him tonight that made him seem sexier if possible.  Maybe it was the way dim lighting cast the perfect shadow against his face.  Maybe it was the way his blue seemed even deeper, almost as if she was swimming in them.  Whatever the reason, she was beginning to realize just how strong her feelings for him were.  It was terrifying and thrilling all at once.  It made her heart beat a little faster than it normally did around him. 

“Well, I know at least the dessert is.  Gabby has been talking about it for weeks.”

Justin chuckled.  The sound of his laugh rumbling in his chest, making the hairs at the nape of Chloe’s neck stand on end.  She loved the way his voice sounded when he laughed. 

“She was pretty impressed with the dessert, then again, so was I the first time.”

It was then that the waiter appeared to take their order.

“Do you want to share a thin crust pizza?” Chloe asked, scanning the menu quickly.

“Sure.”

Chloe looked to the waiter “A large thin crust pizza with Canadian bacon and pineapple, please.”

The waiter smiled and nodded then quickly scribbled down the order on a pad.

“Anything else?”

“The Kick Butt garlic bread.” Justin added.

This time it was Chloe that laughed.  “Wait?! What?! That’s what it’s called?”

Justin grinned at her and nodded.  The way her eyes lit up when she laughed was breathtaking.

The waiter chuckled too.

“Yeah, it’s corny, I know, but customers love it.”

“Sounds good to me.”

“Anything to drink?” the waiter continued.

“I’ll have the Original Gibblini Bellini” Justin answered.

Again, Chloe quickly scanned the menu. 

“Umm…the Dirty Monkey?!”

She couldn’t help but giggle a little at the name but the drink itself sounded delicious.

“Perfect.  I’ll have those out in a few minutes along with your garlic bread.”

About an hour later they’d polished off all of the garlic bread, most of the pizza as well as nearly all of the dessert.  Not to mention that Chloe had sucked down two of the Dirty Monkey drinks.  They were incredibly strong, and although Chloe could definitely hold her alcohol, and wasn’t feeling drunk or sick she definitely felt less inhibited.  What she felt was happy, relaxed and incredibly full.

“You ready to get out of here?” Justin asked, his voice low.

He was feeling the effects of the alcohol as well.  He was no stranger to alcohol, and although he wasn’t drunk there was just something about the mix of alcohol and the beautiful woman sitting across from him that was making him a bit lightheaded.

Chloe nodded but didn’t speak. 

It was mid-January, so still chilly in New York.  Justin helped Chloe into her coat before pulling on his own then took her by the hand and started to lead her to the door.  A bolt of electricity shot through her body when his hand met hers.  Yes, they’d held hands before but tonight felt different on several levels.  She couldn’t help but notice the way her hand fit perfectly in his.

A blast of cold air hit them as they stepped out into the New York air causing Chloe to shiver slightly.  Justin wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his warmth as a camera flashed in their faces.

The flash temporarily blinded Chloe but she could hear the voices shouting around her.

“Shit!” Justin cursed under his breath.

“Justin, who is your date?”

“How are you feeling?”

“How long are you in town?”

“Are you postponing the tour again?”

Her eyes finally recovered; Chloe looked up at Justin.  He looked angry, but also sad.  She knew he’d been trying to avoid this, to protect her and Gabby from this part of his life.  She appreciated it immensely.  However, she wasn’t so delusional to believe that something like this wouldn’t happen eventually.

Quickly, she scanned her surroundings.  She was a surgeon.  Details were her specialty.  Quick thinking came second nature.  Four reporters.  All male.  Two vehicles parked along the curb, clearly illegally parked in the Fire Lane. 

Chloe gave Justin’s hand a gentle squeeze then looked to the reporters. 

“You know the fine in New York is $115 for parking in a safety zone, and you can get 3 points on your license and in some cases arrested for obstructing emergency vehicles …and well…I did just call for an ambulance to assist another restaurant patron who was complaining of shortness of breath and difficulty breathing…”

In the distance, not too far away, the sound of sirens echoed at that exact moment and they were getting louder by the second.

Justin was immediately forgotten as the four reporters scrambled into their vehicles and pulled away.  As the cars rounded a corner Justin’s chauffeured vehicle appeared, pulling to a stop safely out of the Fire Lane.

It wasn’t until they were inside the vehicle and moving that either of them spoke.

Justin pushed the button to raise the partition between the backseat and the driver then pulled Chloe close.  She was next to him, her body slightly turned to face him.  His eyes were on fire, his hands at her waist and his face mere inches from hers.

“That was incredible! Did you make that up?” Justin asked, his voice low and his eyes on her.

Chloe smiled and shook her head.  “The part about the person with chest pain, obviously, yes, but the part about the fine and the points on your license…no.”

Justin grinned then dropped his head so it was resting against hers.  “Mmm…that brain of yours…that’s sexy as hell.”

Chloe giggled and popped a gentle kiss on his lips.

Justin returned the kiss, but applied just a bit more force behind it.  Meanwhile, his hands were grabbing at her waist, trying to pull her closer.

Shockwaves went racing down her spine when his fingertips found the small band of skin that was exposed between her waistband and the hem of her sweater.  It made her suck in a breath.

He kept trying to pull her closer, but the angle, the way they were sitting, it was all wrong.

Chloe could feel her breathing start to quicken, and her heart start to pound.  The hairs at the nape of her neck were standing on end and a warm, tingly sensation had started to course through her body starting in her jeans.  She knew what was happening.  More importantly, she knew what she wanted to happen. 

It was then, in that moment that she decided to take action.  Justin had made the first move and now she was going to follow his lead.

Without a word she moved from the seat beside him, crawling into his lap, her legs straddling his waist and her body facing him.  She was on top of him and his eyes went wide but he made no move to stop her.  Instead, he ran his hands up the back of her sweater pulling her to him as she dropped her head, her teeth gently tugging at his bottom lip, her hands and fingers pulling his shirt untucked from his jeans.

Justin groaned against her as the feeling of her fingers grazing the skin at his belt sent his pulse racing.

“Chloe…” He whispered.

“Shh…do you want me to stop?”

“God, NO!” Justin replied.

The ride from the restaurant to his apartment was short, not short enough, but short and as soon as they pulled to a stop Justin began to fumble for the door.  His lips were still attached to her and she was still on top of him but he wasn’t complaining, he just wanted to get her inside so they could continue in privacy, where it was more comfortable.

Chloe felt the car stop moving and heard Justin grappling with the door.  She took it as her cue to move.  Quickly, she slid her body off him and grabbed for her bag. 

Within a few seconds they were both out of the car.  He waved to his driver with one hand, gripping hers with the other as he started for the door. 

They moved quickly across the lobby of the building.  He nodded and waved at the security guard as they passed, headed straight for the elevator.

Once inside Justin moved quickly to punch in the code, his free hand still grasping hers.  As soon as the doors shut completely and the elevator started to move Justin pushed Chloe up against the back wall of the elevator, his lips falling onto her neck as his arms encircled her waist.  Chloe was wedged tightly between the elevator wall and Justin’s body but she wasn’t complaining.  In fact, she was quite enjoying the feeling of him pressed up against her. 

He was kissing at her neck and shoulder, nipping gently at her neck with his teeth sending a shiver through her.

Chloe let out a soft moan and allowed her body to melt into his.  The bell signaled their arrival and the doors opened into the foyer.  Instinctively, Chloe’s hands went to Justin’s belt, his mouth moving to hers as his hands went to the button of her jeans.

Kicking off his shoes, his lips still connected to hers, his fingers fumbling with the zipper of her jeans he pushed her backwards through the living room area, headed towards the kitchen.  They weren’t going to make it the bedroom, that was certain.

Not wanting to break the connection Justin opened his eyes slowly, his eyes scanning the darkened room looking for a place to land.  They’d already passed the couch and the kitchen counter was too high.  That left the dining room table.  It wasn’t the most comfortable spot, but it was long enough, sturdy and the perfect height.

Following his lead Chloe kicked off her boots as well then used her feet to pull off her jeans as he continued to push her backwards.  Meanwhile, his hands had snaked around her and up her back, his fingers unfastening her bra with one quick flick. 

Chloe let out a small squeak as her backside hit the table.  She knew where this was headed, but she wasn’t mad at it one bit.

Quickly, Chloe hoisted herself up on to the table then reached for Justin’s pants shoving them and his boxer briefs down with one fluid motion.

Justin leaned forward, his lips above her ear as his hands reached for the hem of her sweater, pulling it over her head and tossing it into the darkened room.  With her sweater gone and her jeans somewhere along the trail of clothes scattered through the dark she was left in her unfastened bra and her panties.

“Chloe…” he whispered.

He was hesitating slightly, the events of the evening pushing that small sliver of doubt to the forefront.  There was proof now! Proof of her existence, proof of their relationship.  He wanted to be sure she was ok with it.  He NEEDED her to be ok with it.  He NEEDED her. 

She looked up at him.  His blue eyes were filled with such emotion.  She could seriously get lost in those eyes of his.  He didn’t need to say the words, his eyes told her everything she needed to know.  She understood what his eyes were asking, what his lips were too afraid to speak.

Slowly, she reached for his hands, pulling them to her waist. 

“I’m ready…”

His lips smiling against hers, he let out a slow breath as his hands trailed from her waist down her legs, his fingers gently pulling her panties free leaving them to fall off her ankles.

With her panties gone, and her bra hanging from her shoulders Justin pulled her forward, then pushed her knees apart before pushing his own hips forward and sliding into her.  He slid into her with ease.  She felt warm and wet and he groaned as her hands went to the buttons on his shirt.  One by one she undid them and as her fingers lightly trailed up his chest

 

 

 

Justin found himself gripping at her hips to steady himself. 

Once his shirt was gone Justin grabbed at her hips again, pushing himself deeper inside as he pulled her to him.

Chloe gripped the edge of the table as Justin used his grasp and her hips to guide his thrusts.

“OH!” Chloe moaned loudly.

“Mmm” was Justin’s response.

His thrusts were slow and steady at first but he could feel his climax building inside of him.  It was time to pick up the pace. 

Grabbing her hips a bit tighter, he dropped his head, his lips parting hers quickly and before she could think the push and pull of his tongue matched the pace of his thrusts. 

Chloe whimpered softly against him as her hands continued to grasp the table.

“Justin...” she managed to breathe out quietly.

“Chloe…I love you…”

“I love you too.”

“Justin…please…”

“After you Beautiful…”

Chloe nodded against him and let a small scream escape as a wave of euphoria crashed over her.  Then, with one last long thrust Justin allowed himself to release as well.

He stood there holding her to him for a long time. Letting the rise and fall of her chest and the sound of her breathing calm him.  When he finally pulled away, they were both smiling.

“C’mon…let’s go get comfortable.” He whispered.

“What about the mess?” Chloe giggled nodding to the floor.

Justin grinned.  “I don’t see a mess.”

Chloe laughed. “That’s because it’s dark smart ass.”

“You weren’t complaining about my ass a minute ago.”

Chloe laughed more at this.  “And I never will.  I happen to like your ass…and other things.”

“Oh?!”

Chloe blushed.  “C’mon.  Let’s go…this table is cold…and hard.”

Chuckling, Justin turned so that his back was facing her then waited for her to climb on.

“A piggy back ride?” Chloe giggled.

“Can you walk after that?”

Chloe laughed.  “Can you?”

“I’ll manage.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story