Author's Chapter Notes:

Warning!!!  NSFW!!

That night, after his date with Derek, Adam returned to the house to find it eerily quiet.  All the lights were out except for a lamp in the living room and the track lighting underneath the cabinets in the kitchen.

Adam entered the kitchen to pour himself a glass of water.  The glow from the track lights cast shadows on the counter tops and that’s how he found it, the package from Eddy.  Forgetting about his glass of water Adam picked up the envelope and carefully removed the pages from inside.  His eyes strained to read the words in the dark so he quickly flipped on the kitchen light then waited for his eyes to adjust before looking down again.

Adam’s eyes scanned the words on the page and his jaw dropped as he digested the information.  Derek hadn’t mentioned anything about a settlement.  However, they’d also agreed to not discuss the case on their dates so he couldn’t really fault Derek either. 

A settlement?!  Adam smirked a bit and shook his head.  It was a smart move.  There had been no doubt in Adam’s mind that Eddy would get the maximum sentence if it had gone to trial.  Truthfully, if Adam had been the Defense attorney in this case, he would have argued for a bit lesser of a sentence but then again, there were quite a few charges against Eddy.  The possibility of parole after 10 years wasn’t a bad deal given the circumstances.

The Trust fund was a shock too.  Adam knew that Eddy came from money but this was even more than he envisioned.  Another smart move on Eddy’s part.  For once, Eddy had acted like a father should, ensuring that Gabby was taken care of even though he wasn’t around. 

Adam’s thoughts turned to Chloe.  What a relief this must be for her.  He knew that she had been dreading the trial; that she was worried about how it would affect her, how it would affect Gabby and more importantly, how it would affect her relationship with Justin.  Now she didn’t need to worry anymore.  It was over.  She could breathe.  She could move on.  Adam couldn’t have been happier for her.  She deserved the break. 

Thinking of Chloe made Adam think of Justin.  How was he going to respond to all of this?  Adam knew that he’d been worried about the trial too.  Balancing tour life with testifying and the media attention that went with both were a lot to handle.  Stress wasn’t good for either of his injuries.  Adam wondered if Chloe had the opportunity to share with Justin yet.  More than likely not given that Justin had left for Denver almost immediately after the party wrapped up.

Monday meant back to work for Chloe and Adam and school for Gabby.  Adam got up the next morning and got ready for work as normal but when he stepped into the kitchen, he found Chloe in the kitchen dressed in a pair of dress slacks and a silk button down blouse.  Her hair was pulled back in a sleek pony tail and at the moment she was pouring coffee into a travel mug.

“I thought you’d be out the door already.”

Chloe turned from the counter and looked to her brother, a smile tugging at her lips as she lifter her mug to take a sip.

“We have a department head meeting with the chief this morning so I don’t have to be at morning rounds.”

“Does that mean you’re taking Gabby to school?”

Chloe smiled more.  “That was the plan.  She’s getting ready now.  I told her if she hurried, we could stop for a donut on the way.”

Adam smirked a bit and shook his head.  He’d used bribery on more than one occasion to get Gabby to move a little faster in the morning but Chloe typically tried to steer clear of sugary treats this early.

“I know what you’re thinking…but once isn’t going to hurt, it’s rare I get to take her to school and well, I am in a good mood this morning.”

Adam smiled and nodded.  He had a hunch he knew why Chloe was in a good mood.

“I get it.  I don’t blame you in the least, but now I have to ask, does Justin know?”

Chloe’s eyes widened.  “Does Justin know what?”

Adam didn’t respond verbally.  He simply nodded to the envelope still on the island counter.

“You read it?!” Chloe exclaimed.

Adam chuckled a bit.  “Chloe, you’re my sister, I’ve been looking out for you since the day you were born.  That hasn’t and will not ever change.  When your emotionally and mentally abusive ex-husband hands you an envelope and says “don’t open it until you are alone” of course, I am going to read it.”

Chloe giggled.  “Fair enough.”

“Glad you approve.  Now…answer my question.”

“What question?”

Adam made a face.  “Does Justin know?”

Chloe blushed with embarrassment.  “Not yet.  Call me crazy but I really feel like that’s a conversation we need to have in person.”

“True…but…”

“But what?!”

Adam chuckled.  “But I know you.  You’ve been holding back with him, because of Eddy, because of the trial but now that there isn’t going to be a trial and Eddy is totally out of the picture you are panicking.  You are worried about what comes next.”

Chloe opened her mouth to protest but Adam cut her off.

“Tell me I’m wrong…”

Chloe glanced at her smart watch.  “Gabby and I need to get going.”

“Chloe?!”

“What?!” Chloe huffed.

“Stop! Stop second guessing! Stop playing the “what if” game!  Stop waiting for the other shoe to drop!  He’s not Eddy…he’s SO MUCH HOTTER! “

Chloe giggled.

“I’ll give you that.”

Adam’s smile softened as did his tone.  She was listening and that was something. 

“I get it…your guard has been up for almost 2 years.  I know that’s not something you can just turn off, but …”

This time Adam glanced down at his watch. 

“But…” Chloe prodded.

“But…in about an hour Eddy will be out of your life completely.”

“And your point?!’

Adam bit his lip to smother his grin.  “My point being although he doesn’t know it yet, in about an hour there will no longer be anything or anyone standing between you and Justin.”

“So?!”

Adam could no longer hide the grin.  Instead, he embraced it as he looked back at his sister.   “AND…my dear, sweet, beautiful sister, although I could be wrong, I really don’t think I am when I say once he knows that I have a pretty good feeling he’s going to jump on the opportunity…”

“The opportunity to what?!”

Adam laughed.  “Oh, I think you know.  I think you’ve known for a while now.”

Chloe made a face.  “Gabby…let’s go…”

Adam laughed more.  “You think I am crazy…”

Chloe smirked.  “I know you are…”

“I guess you’ll have to just wait and see.”

“It hasn’t even been a full day yet.  He doesn’t know…”

“And whose fault is that?”

Chloe sighed heavily.  “I told you…that’s a discussion we need to have in person.”

“You are seeing him tomorrow, right?”

Chloe shrugged.  “I don’t think so…he has a show in Denver tonight.  I don’t think I will be seeing him until Madison Square Garden.”

Adam’s jaw dropped.  He was certain Chloe had it wrong.  She better have it wrong, otherwise there was a popstar in need of an ass kicking.

“Does Justin not know what tomorrow is?”

“Tuesday?!  Tomorrow is Tuesday, and if he doesn’t know that I wouldn’t blame him.  I would imagine it is easy to lose track of what day it is when you live that sort of life.”

Adam’s eyes went wide and his jaw dropped even more if possible.  Apparently, Chloe didn’t remember what tomorrow was either.  However, on some level it made sense.  Her thoughts had been occupied elsewhere as of late.

It was then that Gabby entered the kitchen.  She was dressed in her school uniform, her hair pulled back into a French braid and her backpack slung over her back.

“Uncle Adam…why does your face look like that?”

Adam shifted his gaze towards his niece.  Her timing couldn’t have been more perfect.

“Gabby…would you please tell your mother what tomorrow is!”

“Tuesday.” Gabby replied confidently.

Adam smirked and shook his head.  He wasn’t giving up just yet.

“Ok, yes, it is Tuesday.  We’ve established that, but why is tomorrow important?”

Gabby grinned.  “Oh!  That’s easy, it’s Mommy’s birthday!”

Chloe’s face went a bit pale.  She’d been so laser focused on Gabby’s birthday and the impending trial that she’d completely forgotten about her birthday.  Eddy had never made a big deal about her birthday.  He didn’t ignore it completely but he definitely didn’t go out of his way to make her feel special on her birthday.  In fact, the only reason she’d ever gotten a gift from Gabby on her birthday was because Gabby took the time to make her one on her own or because Adam helped her so of course they remembered.

“So…again, does Justin know what tomorrow is?”

Chloe nodded slowly.  “I’ve mentioned it before, back when we first started dating but I don’t think he is planning anything.  As I said, he’s in Denver tonight …”

“And then?”

Chloe shrugged.

Gabby grinned devilishly.  “And then he has off until the show at Madison Square Garden.”

“What?! How do you know that?” Chloe exclaimed.

Gabby just grinned more.  “I looked up the tour schedule on the internet and printed off a copy.”

“You didn’t?!”

“I did, and don’t worry Mommy, he has something planned.  He didn’t forget.”

Adam chuckled and shook his head at his niece.  Meanwhile, Chloe was looking at her daughter as if she sprouted a 2nd head.

“Gabby…you wouldn’t be keeping secrets from Mommy, would you?”

Gabby shook her head emphatically.  “Nope.  No secrets.  Promise.  It’s not a secret if he didn’t tell me anything.”

“What DID he tell you?”

Gabby smiled.  “Just what I told you.  That he didn’t forget that tomorrow is your birthday and that he was planning something.”

“When did he tell you all this?”

“Yesterday, before he left.  When he was saying “goodbye.”

“I told you!” Adam teased.

“Yeah, ok Smart Ass!” Chloe shot back.

Justin was indeed planning something for Chloe’s birthday.  Truthfully, he’d been working on a plan since the beginning of the tour.  He wanted to do something nice for her.  Something special.  Briefly, he contemplated a night in one of New York’s Five Star hotels but decided that was too predictable.  Also, he was trying to keep a low profile while in town and given that Chloe was no longer a complete secret, he didn’t want to give the press any opportunity to bother her.  She had enough on her plate. 

Not to mention that he was planning a few things for later in the tour as well.  He was going to take his time and do this right because that was what Chloe deserved.

The rest of the day went as normal.  Adam went to work.  Gabby went to school and Chloe attended her first Department Head meeting.  Overall, she tried to remain engaged and pay attention but her thoughts kept taking her elsewhere.  The idea that Justin was planning anything for her birthday was a surprise and not something she was prepared for given her history with Eddy.  Truthfully, she hoped he wasn’t planning anything too extravagant.  She didn’t think she was ready for that.  Yes, she understood he had a bit more disposable income than Eddy but now that she was older, she didn’t make as much of a fuss over her birthday.  The little things meant more.  Then again, over the years with Eddy she’d grown accustomed to the disappointment. 

After the meeting she returned to her office to respond to a few e-mails.  Truthfully, she was still adjusting to the fact that she had an office.  It came with the Head of Trauma position and she was still trying to make it her own.  She had her diplomas hanging on the wall behind her desk as well as some of Gabby’s artwork.  On the desk was a photo of Gabby but aside from that she hadn’t done much decorating.  However, the HUGE bouquet of roses that now sat on her desk definitely made up for that.

Her eyes were wide as she gaped at the bouquet.  There had to be at least 100 roses in the arrangement. They were a deep red and their sweet aroma filled the room.

It didn’t take much guessing to figure out who they were from. 

Her mouth still wide, Chloe reached for the card peeking out of the top of the bouquet.

I know it’s technically not your birthday yet so these are just because…

Lunch at my place tomorrow…see you around noon. Plan to stay for dinner…we’ll go from there.

Love,

Justin

There was nothing else.  No more explanation or directions.  She could only imagine what he was planning. 

Chloe could feel her cheeks go warm.  She was blushing.  Just the thought of what he might be planning was making her a little giddy.  Thank goodness she’d had the forethought to take the day off, otherwise his plans would have been spoiled.  Then again, she almost always took her birthday off from work.  The idea of spending the day elbow deep in someone’s body cavity just didn’t sound appealing.  It never had, so she always took it off.  True, she rarely did anything special on her birthday but at least she had the option.

Still blushing Chloe pulled her phone from lab coat pocket and looked at the time.  It was just noon meaning it was only 10 in Denver.  At the risk of waking him Chloe decided to text Justin instead.

Chloe:  OMG! These flowers are GORGEOUS!!  You didn’t have to…

A reply came back almost immediately.  Justin had been waiting anxiously to hear from her for over an hour.

Justin: I know I didn’t have to…I wanted to! Gorgeous flowers for a gorgeous woman! 

Chloe blushed more then quickly changed the subject.

Chloe:  So…lunch tomorrow? AND dinner?

Justin: And maybe breakfast Wednesday morning….

Now Chloe was certain she was beet red. 

Chloe:  I see…should I bring anything?

Justin: Nope!  Just that beautiful body of yours and those kissable lips….and maybe something to sleep in

Chloe placed a hand over her face and tried not to giggle.  He was being very flirty but she didn’t hate it one bit.

Chloe: What are you doing right now?

Justin: Just finished a radio interview.  You?

Chloe: Just walked out of a Department Head meeting with the Chief. 

Justin: Sounds exciting

Chloe: Not really.  I was a bit distracted.

Justin: I would be too

Chloe: Why? Because I was there?

Justin grinned on his end. 

Justin: Pretty much

Chloe giggled.

Chloe: You’re terrible

Justin: Am I?

Chloe: No, not really. 

Justin: Good to know.  So…what’s next?

Chloe: Lunch…then I should probably head down to the Pit

Justin: Pit?

Chloe: Emergency Room

Justin: Ah.  Well, I should let you go…do your thing…I will see you very soon

Chloe: Can’t wait!!

Justin: Oh, you have no idea!!

The rest of the day was rather uneventful, or as uneventful as it could be given her surroundings.  A day at the hospital was never completely quiet.  However, Chloe was able to enjoy a quiet lunch in her office before going down to the Emergency Room.  All in all, it was an easy day.  She ended up doing two surgeries but still managed to leave on time. 

The next morning.  Tuesday morning.  Her birthday.  Chloe woke up to the sound of shuffling outside her bedroom door.  Smiling, then rubbing the sleep from her eyes she sat up in bed just as the door opened.  Gabby and Adam were on the other side.  Gabby had a bouquet of flowers in her hand and Adam was carrying a breakfast tray.

“Happy birthday Mommy!!”

Chloe smiled.  “Thank you, sweetie.”

Adam set the tray down in Chloe’s lap then took a step back. Chloe could only smile down at the tray.  Waffles.  Fresh strawberries.  Scrambled eggs, and of course, coffee.

“We know you have plans with Justin this afternoon but we thought this could be our little family celebration.”

Chloe grinned.  “Sounds perfect.”

It was perfect.  In fact, Chloe couldn’t remember a better start to her birthday.  The food was delicious and being able to spend family time with her brother and Gabby filled her heart with joy.  At about 10:30 Chloe finally got out of bed and started for the shower.  When she stepped out of the master bathroom and into her bedroom to get dressed Adam was waiting for her.  Thank goodness she was wearing a robe.

“Adam?!” Chloe squealed.

Adam grinned and shook his head.  This wasn’t typical behavior for him but this wasn’t your typical occasion either.

“What?”

“What are you doing in here?”

“Helping.”

Chloe shot him a look.  “I can assure you; I don’t need help getting dressed.”

“Oh, no?! Then tell me, what do you plan on wearing to Justin’s?”

Chloe made another face.  “I don’t know, something casual.  I don’t think we are going anywhere.”

Adam’s eyes sparkled with mischief.  He was definitely plotting.

“Yeah, you definitely need my help.”

Chloe watched in disbelief as Adam moved to her dresser and opened the top drawer.

“Adam! Get out of there! That’s my underwear drawer!”

Adam laughed.  “Exactly!”

“Adam!! I’m being serious…get out of there!”

“So am I…don’t you own any lingerie?” Adam huffed as he rummaged through the drawer.

Chloe’s face paled.  “Ewww!! Adam, you’re my brother….”

Adam laughed more.  “Correction…I am your OLDER, WISER, GAY brother…and that man is HOTTT…and it’s your birthday…”

“I thought you were a JC girl?!” Chloe smirked.

“Just because I lean towards JC doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate the beautiful specimen of a man that is your boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend?! Since when is he my boyfriend?”

Adam turned from his task and gave Chloe a hard look.  “Oh c’mon?! I get that neither of you have used that label yet but it’s been at least 3 months, neither of you is seeing other people, let’s call what it is…”

Chloe opened her mouth to protest but apparently, Adam wasn’t finished.

“Then again…I have a feeling…”

Chloe cut him short.  “Don’t!!  Don’t go there!”

Adam couldn’t help but chuckle.  “Why?!  I guarantee he’s been there.  You have too, you just don’t want to admit it.”

Chloe didn’t respond but she didn’t need to, the expression on her face said it all.  Adam just smiled and shook his head then returned his attention to her underwear drawer.

“Seriously?! You don’t own ANY lingerie?”

“I do.” Chloe huffed.

“Where?”

Chloe giggled and shook her head.  Gay or not, looking for lingerie with her older brother was a little weird.

“Umm…try the back of the drawer.”

Moments later Adam turned around holding an emerald green pair of lace, hipster underwear and a matching lace bra.  His eyes were smiling and he had an evil grin on his lips.

“This!! Oh, yes!”

“I’ve NEVER worn that!”

“Which is why you should DEFINITELY wear it today.”

“What if he hates it?”

Adam snorted.  “I guarantee you…there is NOTHING about you wearing this that he is going to hate!”

“You say that…but…”

Adam gave her a warning look.  “No Ma’am!  I may be Gay, and yes…you are my sister…but you are GORGEOUS…and you …wearing this…trust me…”

Chloe huffed and blew a strand of hair from her face. 

“Hand it over.” Chloe grumbled.

Thirty minutes later Chloe was dressed and ready to go.  It was cold out, and overcast so she’d settled on a pair of leggings and her favorite NYU hoodie.  She had the lingerie on underneath. She was still unsure it was a good idea but she was also curious as to how Justin would respond.

Another thirty minutes after that Chloe was stepping out of the elevator just outside Justin’s front door.

Tentatively, she raised her hand to knock but the door opened before she had the chance.  Justin was standing on the other side.    His eyes were on fire as he looked at her but she didn’t notice right away.  At the moment her focus was elsewhere, particularly his chest.  He was standing in front of her, a gray male tank pulled tight across his chest and abdominal muscles and a pair of dark, navy-blue sweats riding low on his hips. 

Justin could only smile as he looked down at her.  Her cheeks were pink from the cold and she was breathing deeply.  She looked comfortable but sexy as hell in her leggings and hoodie and the way her hair was pulled back in a messy pony tail, exposing her neck was making him crazy.  Biting his bottom lip, Justin reached for her hand with one of his and used the other to lift her chin so her eyes met his gaze.  As soon as her green eyes locked with his blue ones she sucked in a breath and a cold chill shot down her spine.  She couldn’t remember a time when he’d EVER looked at her the way he was now.  It made her heart pound in her chest.

Swallowing hard she opened her mouth to speak but he quieted her with his finger then gently pulled her into the apartment.

Still not saying a word he led her through the house, his fingers laced with hers, his thumb rubbing the back of her hand.  It was a simple gesture but it was making the hairs at the nape of her neck stand on end.

She noticed that all the curtains had been drawn but somehow, it wasn’t completely dark in the house.  There was a glow coming from somewhere.   She was just about to speak when he stopped.  Her eyes fell on the scene in front of her causing her breath to catch yet again and her jaw to fall to the floor.

The glow was coming from the fireplace.  He’d lit a fire and there were candles lining the mantle and rose petals covering the ledge as well.  On the floor in front of the fireplace was a bed of thick blankets and pillows and next to it, a tray covered in Chinese take out boxes and a bottle of champagne on ice.

The shock was evident in her eyes.  Smiling to himself Justin leaned forward, his lips hovering over her left ear, his hands sliding gently to her waist. 

“Happy Birthday.” He whispered.

“Justin…. I…” She stammered.

Justin chuckled.  His laugh rumbled in his chest and echoed in her ears sending her pulse racing.

“I told you…I take care of the women in my life.”

Not knowing how else to respond Chloe nodded.  She was acutely aware of his hands still at her waist and the way his warm breath felt on her neck.

“Hungry?”

Chloe nodded again then managed to force words past her lips.  “I could eat.  What did you get?”

His hands still at her waist he pushed her forward and helped her settle down on the blankets in front of the fire.  It wasn’t until they were both seated that he spoke again.

“Well…I had some help picking out the menu, but I think I got all your favorites…”

“Help?! Help from whom?”

Justin laughed again.  His boyish smile and the sound of his laughter was going to be her undoing today. 

“Gee…I wonder…who could I have asked…”

Chloe just smirked and shook her head.  “Ok, yeah, maybe that was a silly question but seriously…what did you get?”

“Hmm…let’s see…Cashew chicken, beef lo Mein, pork dumplings, spring rolls….”

This time it was Chloe that laughed.  “I really hope you weren’t planning on me eating that all by myself.”

Justin grinned.  “Well…it is your birthday…”

“Yeah, no…I won’t be eating all that by myself.  I’ll share.”

Within minutes they were settled on the blankets, facing each other, plates of food in their laps as they talked and ate.

“Justin…this really is…”

“If you are going to say “too much” I am not hearing it.  It’s your birthday, I love you, you’re worth it… and I know how stressed you’ve been…what with your new position and Eddy and the trial…”

Chloe sucked in a breath and set her chopsticks down on her plate.  Until that moment she had almost forgotten that Justin knew nothing about the recent developments regarding Eddy and the trial.

“Umm…yeah…about that…Justin…”

“What?! What happened?!  Did Eddy do something?!  Did he hurt you? Gabby?”

His eyes were filled with panic now and although it was heartbreaking it also made Chloe love him a little more. 

“No, no!! Nothing like that!  Everything is fine! Actually, everything is more than fine.”

“What do you mean?”

Justin felt his heartbeat begin to slow.  There was something calming about the look in her eyes.  It was almost as if she was at peace. 

“Justin…I don’t know how to say this other than to just say it.  There isn’t going to be a trial.  Adam took a settlement deal.  12 years in prison with the possibility of parole after 10.  He turned himself in yesterday.  I would have told you sooner but I wanted to tell you in person…I didn’t think it right to deliver that kind of news over the phone.”

Justin’s eyes were wide now.

“You’re serious?! No trial?!”

Chloe nodded.  “I’m serious.  No trial. That was what was in the envelope he gave me.  Copies of ALL the legal paperwork…his settlement deal, his surrender of parental rights, and the Trust fund he set up for Gabby.”

“Trust fund? I didn’t know he had money?”

Chloe smiled slightly.  “Some.  His family is wealthy.  He sold off all his stock, sold his condo and his other car, and liquidated all his other assets and put them in a Trust for Gabby.  Then named me the sole executor but his mother will continue to make contributions.”

“Wow! Chloe…I …wow…I don’t even know what to say.  How do you feel?”

Chloe sighed and cracked a tiny smile.  “Relieved.  Sad.  I don’t know.  I’m just glad the case isn’t going to trial…”

“We should celebrate.”

Chloe laughed.  “I thought that’s what we were doing.”

Justin grinned.  “Well, yes, but I think news like this warrants a bit more.”

Chloe blushed.  She didn’t know what he had in mind but she knew what was on her mind at the moment.

“What were you thinking?”

Justin’s eyes were on fire again and there was a playful grin on his lips.  Was it possible he was thinking the same thing she was?

“Are you still hungry?”

Chloe shook her head.  “No.  I think I’m full for now.”

Justin nodded then jumped from his seat.  “Me too.  Why don’t you let me clean up? You pour us some of that champagne and then we can get cozy in front of the fire.”

Chloe watched for a moment as he walked away.  He looked so comfortable, so at ease as he carried the dishes to the kitchen.  This was the Justin she loved most.  The confident, tender, romantic Justin who took her breath away just by being himself. 

She smiled as she listened to him milling around the kitchen.  He was humming to himself.  It was then she realized he was humming along to the music playing softly from the speakers above.  Until that moment she hadn’t even noticed.  She couldn’t tell who was playing but the she could make out a slow, sexy melody playing. 

Sighing happily, she turned her attention to the champagne.  He’d popped the cork already.  Thank goodness.  The last thing she wanted was to make a mess or shatter glass everywhere.  She didn’t know why but Chloe was getting nervous.  In fact, her hands were shaking a bit as she carefully poured the champagne into the flutes.

In an effort to steady her nerves Chloe lifted the glass to her lips to take a sip.  Justin stepped into view just as the liquid passed her lips, and in that moment, she found herself fighting not to choke.  Justin had returned to the living room without his shirt.

His perfectly toned arms, abs and chest were now completely exposed leaving absolutely NOTHING to the imagination.

Justin noticed her expression and the way the clear liquid in her glass had started to disappear at lightning speed.

“Something wrong?” He asked.

Chloe shook her head fitfully but didn’t speak.

Smiling, Justin settled himself back down on the blankets, his body facing her and the crackling fire.  He kept quiet as he took a sip from his own glass then took her empty one and set it down on the tray next to his.

“Where’s your shirt?” Chloe managed to whisper.

Justin grinned and scooted closer, almost closing the gap between them.  “Got it wet rinsing off the dishes so I took it off.”

“Oh?!”

Chloe’s voice was still no more than a whisper.

“Is that a problem?”

He’d dropped his voice as well and his hand was now reaching for her face.

“No.”

“Glad to hear it.  Now what about you, aren’t you warm in this?”

His free hand was now toying with the edge of her hoodie and his lips were hovering over hers.

“Maybe a little.”

Taking that as his cue Justin lifted her arms above her head and then gently pulled the hoodie over her head revealing the lace bra she was wearing underneath.  Her breath had quickened slightly and the rise and fall of her chest mixed with the way the lace hugged her breasts perfectly sent his own pulse racing.

“Is this new?” He asked, his fingertips gently tracing over the lace.

Chloe sucked in a breath and shook her head.  “Yes…and No.”

Justin chuckled, but his laugh was low and thick.  Sexy.

“What does that mean?”

Chloe giggled slightly.  “It means that it’s new in that I’ve never actually never worn it before but not new in that I’ve owned it for a while.”

Justin made a face and pulled back a bit.  “Did Eddy buy it…”

Chloe immediately cut him off, placing a finger to his lips to quiet him before he was allowed to finish his statement. “No! Absolutely not! He would never…I bought them for myself…a long time ago…because I wanted to …well…I wanted to feel a certain way…”

Justin’s eyes widened a bit.  “Them?”

Chloe blushed.  “I might be wearing matching underwear.”

Justin’s eyes went wider still and mischievous smile tugged at his lips.  “Oh?!”

“Guess you’ll have to take my pants off and find out.” Chloe teased.

“Is that a challenge Dr. DeLuca?”

His eyes were smoldering now but as he looked into hers, he realized hers were too.

“More of an invitation than a challenge Mr. Timberlake.” Chloe whispered back.

In the next moment Justin was carefully pushing her back so that she landed gently on the blankets and pillows.  His hands went to the waistband of her leggings, quickly pulling them down around her ankles and then free as she shivered at the feel of his fingers against her skin.

Once the leggings were free Justin tossed them aside then leaned back on his knees so he could get a good look. 

It was just as she’d explained.  Emerald green, lace panties that rode low on her hips and high enough on her ass to show off just the right amount of skin.  They were sexy as hell!!  And the way the light from the fire and the flicker of the flame cast shadows against her olive skin was making him feel lightheaded and giddy.

“Damn!” Justin breathed out.

“Is that good or bad?”

Justin didn’t respond.  Not in words anyway.  Instead, he stretched out on top of her, his mouth falling onto her neck as he began to nibble and suck at the delicate skin just below her ear.

Chloe gasped then moaned softly.  Her hands instinctively went to his back, her fingernails gently digging into his skin.

“Good! You feel SO GOOD!” Justin groaned.

His legs were between hers and although he was still wearing his sweat pants, she could still feel him pressed up against her.  She could feel the way he had started to swell as well as the tingly sensation that had started just beneath the lace.  They were both getting excited.

His mouth was still at her neck but his hands had started to move from her face and were now pushing the fabric of her bra up over her breasts.  Slowly, and gently, with just the tips of his fingers he traced lazy circles around her nipples causing her to whimper softly.  Justin took that as his cue and moved his mouth from beneath her ear to her throat and then down between her breasts. 

Chloe gasped and arched her back as his mouth closed over her left breast while his left hand teased at her right one.  

That tingly sensation had started moments before was now a pulsing shockwave igniting every nerve in her body. 

Smiling against her skin Justin paused briefly then trailed his lips across her chest, making sure to give her right breast equal attention with his mouth.  Meanwhile, his hands began to move as well.  With one hand he resumed teasing at her breast while the other trailed down her body and gently pushed her panties to one side, being careful to not rip the delicate fabric. 

His fingers slid inside of her and she arched and whimpered again, this time a little louder than before.

Justin couldn’t help but smile.  She was already warm and wet, but when he began to use his fingers to tease the soft spots inside of her, she groaned and gripped at the blankets as her back arched yet again.

Chloe felt her eyes flutter closed and her eyes roll back as she continued to grip at the blankets at either side of her.  Her knuckles were turning white as she twisted the fabric in her hands but she made no move to stop him. 

Justin continued to tease her, his mouth on her breasts and his fingers inside of her for several long minutes.  His tongue was drawing circles around her breasts as his fingers mimicked the motion inside of her until he stopped. 

Her eyes fluttered open, but only briefly before his mouth resumed its journey trailing kisses down her body.  He started between her breasts, placing light fluttery kisses against her skin, then moved down her stomach and to the waistband of her panties.  Again, he paused briefly and she felt his hands move to her waist.  In the next moment she sucked in a breath as she felt his fingers move down the sides of her legs, pulling her panties down with them.  However, she didn’t get much time to dwell on what he was doing before she felt his lips graze the skin just above her lady parts.

In the next moment she felt him pushing her knees apart and she let out a small scream as his tongue took the place of where his fingers had been just moments before. 

Justin flicked his tongue inside of her and then began to draw circles around her most sensitive parts as she began to feel a tremble start to grow inside of her.  Then, when his hands went back to teasing her breasts as his tongue continued flick and dance inside of her, she nearly lost it completely.

“OH GOD!” Chloe cried out.

Justin brought her to the edge of bliss then held her there for what seemed like an eternity.  Then, just when she thought she was going to lose it completely she felt him shift.  His lips found her neck again as he pushed his hips between her legs and slid the now very excited part of his male anatomy inside of her.

Chloe arched to meet him and he moaned against her ear.  His thrusts weren’t too fast or too slow but moved in a steady rhythm as she bucked her hips to meet him each time.

His voice was low and gravely as he whispered in her ear.

“I love you!”

“I love you too Justin.”

Justin smiled and kissed her forehead.  “Open your eyes for me beautiful!”

Chloe allowed her eyes to flutter open and immediately her green eyes locked with his blue ones.  His eyes were on fire and that fire was directed at her.

“That’s better.  Now, say it again Gorgeous.”

“Say what?” Chloe whispered confused.

“Say that you love me.”

Chloe blushed and nodded.  Then she whispered it again as she felt him unravel inside of her.

“I love you, Justin.”

Her body continued to tremble for a long time afterward but he stayed there, inside of her, his arms now wrapped around her and his face nuzzled in her neck.

Once their heartbeats slowed to normal pace and the quaking inside subsided Justin broke the connection and rolled off her but immediately pulled one of the blankets over them and then reached for her, pulling Chloe closer.

They were both on their sides, facing each other, their bodies tangled together and their faces mere inches from one another.

“I love you too, Chloe.  I hope you know that.” Justin whispered, his hand drawing lazy eights on her shoulder.

“I do.” Chloe whispered back.

“Happy birthday!”

Chloe blushed and giggled.  “Thank you.”

“Have you made a wish yet?”

Chloe made a face.  “A wish?”

Justin chuckled.  “Yeah, a birthday wish.  You know, you blow out the candles on your birthday cake and make a wish.”

Chloe laughed and shook her head.  “Well, I haven’t had any cake today so no, I haven’t made a wish.”

“What?! No cake?!  Oh no, the birthday girl needs to have cake and blow out her candles.  Please hold!”

In the next moment Justin jumped from the makeshift bed on the floor and headed for the kitchen.  He was still naked and Chloe couldn’t help but giggle, blush, cover her face with her hand and shake her head as he jogged towards the kitchen.

Moments later he returned carrying a small plate with a single cupcake and lighted candle sticking out of the top. 

“Happy birthday to you…” Justin began to sing.

Chloe giggled and shook her head.  “Careful with that…I wouldn’t want you to burn your…”

“Well, my girlfriend is a doctor…”

Chloe laughed.  “I’m a surgeon, not a doctor, and since when are you calling me your “girlfriend”?”

“Is that not accurate?” Justin smirked.

Chloe made a face.  “You tell me. You said it, I didn’t.”

 

Justin grinned but continued singing.  “Happy birthday to you.  Happy birthday dear Chloe.  Happy birthday to you.”

He settled down on the blankets in front of her and held the cupcake up to her.

“Chloe…you’re my girlfriend…now make a wish.” He whispered.

Chloe took a breath, closed her eyes and blew out the candle.

Her eyes fluttered open just as his lips closed over hers.  He kissed her tenderly then smiled as he pulled away.

“What did you wish for?”

Chloe shook her head.  “Can’t tell…”

“Well, I know what I wished for.” Justin said, his eyes smoldering back at her again.

“What?” She asked, her eyes wide.

“You’ll have to wait and see.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story