That night, after the show there was a party for Justin and of course, Chloe was invited.  Adam and Derek were too but decided to take Gabby home and spend some time together cuddled up on the couch together.

At first, Chloe was a bit nervous about attending a high-profile party but she ended up having a great time.  Also, some of Justin’s friends at the party had arranged for Mase to perform as a birthday surprise.  Justin was definitely surprised and watching him “fanboy” was one of the most adorable things Chloe had ever seen.

Friday, February 1st was a recovery day for everyone.  Everyone slept in late, even Gabby. 

On Saturday, Chloe had to work.  It made sense.  She had taken several days off, but she wasn’t really excited about the idea of working an “On Call” shift while Justin was in town.  He was in town until the 3rd and then he was headed to Canada for almost two weeks.  She wanted to spend as much time with him as possible while he was there.

Unfortunately, Justin was unavailable most of Saturday during the day.  Or at least that was what he told Chloe.  Truthfully, because he was in New York for a few days there were a few things he wanted to accomplish, things he couldn’t tell her, at least not yet.  He felt bad about not being completely truthful with her, in fact, it was eating at him, but given what he was actually doing he hoped that the end goal would be worth it.

One of the things on his list involved Gabby.  He’d been thinking a lot about everything Adam had told him and what he’d said about Gabby had really resonated.  Chloe and Gabby were a package deal.  Gabby was the one person, besides Chloe, who would be affected the most by what Justin was planning.  He wanted Gabby to be ok with it.  In truth, Justin wouldn’t feel right about a proposal unless he knew for certain that Gabby was on board.

Late Saturday afternoon, after Chloe left for work, Justin arrived at Chloe’s house to talk to Gabby.

Adam and Derek were there when Justin arrived. 

“Justin?! Everything ok?! Adam asked as he greeted Justin at the door.

Justin smiled and bit his lip.  “I thought I’d…umm…come over…see if Gabby wanted to play some Candyland…maybe chat a bit.”

Adam beamed.  “Taking my advice, are we?”

“Something like that.”

Adam grinned more.  “Smart man.”

Justin chuckled a bit awkwardly.  “Yeah, what can I say.  The opportunity presented itself and I don’t know for sure when I’ll be seeing Gabby again…so…”

“Don’t blame you in the least.”

“Any words of wisdom?”

Adam laughed.  “Nah! You’ve got this.”

“Think so?”

Adam smiled, his eyes softening.  “That little girl…thinks the world of you…trust me, you’ll be fine.”

Taking a deep breath, and forcing a nervous smile Justin stepped into the house.  He started down the hallway towards Gabby’s room, trying to wrap his head around what he was about to do.  He wasn’t sure what to say to Gabby, but whatever he did say, he knew he needed to be honest and speak from the heart.

Gabby was playing with her Troll dolls when Justin entered.  It made him smile. 

“Hey there?!”

Gabby whirled around, her eyes lighting up when she saw Justin in the doorway.

“Justin!”

Justin chuckled.  She had her mother’s smile, one that lit up the entire room.

“Hi.”

“What are you doing here?  Mommy is at work.”

Justin nodded and stepped into the room.

“I know…I came to hang out with you.”

Gabby’s eyes widened and the smile on her face seemed to grow exponentially.

“Me?!”

Justin grinned.  “Yeah.  You! I thought we could play some Candyland, maybe go for a walk and get some ice cream in a bit.”

“Ok.” Gabby replied happily.

For the next half hour Justin and Gabby sat on her bedroom floor playing Candyland.  They played 3 games and Gabby won every time.  She won fair and square.  Justin hadn’t let her win.  Apparently, his luck at Candyland left something to be desired.  He was hoping it didn’t extend to the conversation he was gearing up for.

“Ready to go get some Ice cream?” Justin asked.

Gabby grinned and nodded then jumped up to go find her shoes.

There was an ice cream shop just a couple blocks from Chloe’s place so after checking in with Adam that’s where they headed.  It wasn’t until Justin had paid for the ice cream and they were seated outside that he found the courage to speak.

The tables outside were empty.  It made sense.  It was February in New York.  Not too cold but not very warm either.  Gabby didn’t seem to mind as she was happily digging into her cup of strawberry ice cream.

“Good?” Justin chuckled noticing her sticky, pink lips.

“Delicious!”

“I’m glad.”

Justin took a breath then laughed a little at himself and shook his head.  He’d done hundreds of interviews over the years, talked about himself at length and never had a problem.  However, talking to Gabby, about this, well that was a struggle.

“So…umm…Gabby…you know I love your mommy, right?”

Gabby smiled and nodded but continued eating her ice cream.

“Yup.”

Justin took another deep breath, then continued.

“I love you too…”

Gabby looked up and beamed at Justin.

“Really?!”

Justin grinned.  “Really.  I love both you and your mommy very much.”

Gabby smiled at Justin.  “We love you too.’

Justin blushed.  “I’m glad.  That makes me really happy.”

“It does?!”

Justin bit his lip nervously and nodded.  “It does…because…umm…well…there is something I really want to ask your mom but I wanted to make sure you were ok with it first.”

“What is it?”

Justin blushed which was not something he did frequently or easily, but given the topic and his conversation partner it made sense.

“Well…umm…I want to ask your mom to marry me.”

Gabby’s ice cream was quickly forgotten.  Now that his words were out in the open, he couldn’t take them back.  Not that he wanted to.  All he could do was wait, wait for Gabby to react or respond.  He would say nothing more until she did.  It was making him crazy but Justin was determined to give Gabby all the time she needed to process what he’d said.  It was a lot for a six-year-old to process. He knew that.  It was a lot for him to process so he could only imagine what she must be feeling.

For what felt like forever Gabby sat quietly.  Truthfully, she had a LOT of questions but was trying to decide where to start.

“What about me?” Gabby blurted out.

Gabby wanted to know if Justin was going to take her mother away.  Given everything Gabby had been through over the past two years it made perfect sense.  Justin didn’t blame her one bit. However, he was determined to put her at ease.

Justin turned, slid off his chair and crouched at Gabby’s level so that their eyes met.  He took her sticky hands in his and looked straight at her, his lips cracking a smile as he spoke.

“I promise you…if I married your mom, you would come too.  I wouldn’t leave you behind.  Not ever!”

Gabby nodded, but stayed quiet.  She was still unsure, but had more questions.

“So…if you married my mom…you would be my…”

“Uhh…well…I guess that would make me your Step-dad.”

Truthfully, Justin had thought a lot about this too.  He had thoughts about what he wanted to do about it but wasn’t ready to share with anyone just yet.  He was taking all of this one step at a time.  Talking to Adam had been the first step.  Gabby was step 2.

Gabby looked to be deep in thought.  She sighed sadly and looked to Justin. 

“My real dad is in jail…he’s not coming out for a long time…”

Justin’s eyes widened.  “Wait?! Gabby, how do you know that?”

“Mommy told me.  Yesterday.  She said she wanted to wait until after my birthday because she didn’t want to make me sad.  My dad is in jail because he hurt people and then didn’t stay to help…he ran away.”

Justin nodded but it was what Gabby said next that nearly broke him.

“My daddy is gone…for a long, long time and I won’t be able to see him or talk to him so really…it’s like I don’t have a daddy anymore…”

“Oh Gabby…”

Tears were welling in Justin’s eyes but before he could make sense of what was happening Gabby threw her arms around Justin’s neck and buried her face in his shirt.

“I want you to marry my Mommy, Justin.  I want you to be my Daddy.”

For several moments he just stayed there, unmoving, holding Gabby in his arms, hugging her tightly.  It was not at all how he’d expected this conversation to go. 

When he finally pulled away, they were both a bit teary-eyed.

“Oh Gabby…I could never take the place of your dad.  No matter where he is, or for how long, he will always be your dad, and he will always love you, but I would be honored to be a family with you and your mom.”

Truthfully, Justin knew that Eddy had signed over his parental rights which meant that technically, or at least legally speaking, he wasn’t Gabby’s father anymore.  It was a detail that Gabby didn’t need to know.  Regardless, Eddy was a part of her, and he did love her, and no legal document was going to change that.

Then again, there was some truth to what Gabby was saying.  Eddy was gone, and he would be gone for a long time.  He would be gone for most of her childhood, and if Gabby wanted Justin to step in, to be the father that Eddy couldn’t be and hadn’t been for a long time then that was EXACTLY what Justin was going to do. 

“Could I…I mean …would it be ok…would you mind if…if I called you Dad?!” Gabby stuttered.

Justin smiled and wiped the tears from her face.  “That would be up to you…and your mother.  I don’t have a problem with it, if that’s what the two of you decide, but I have to ask your mom to marry me first.”

“When?!” Gabby asked grinning.

“When what?”

“When are you going to ask her?”

Justin chuckled.  “Umm…well…I haven’t worked that out yet.  There are some things I need to do first.”

“What things?”

Justin laughed more.  “Uh…well…I need to get a ring for your mommy.”

Gabby’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.  “Ooh!  Can I help you pick it out?”

Justin smiled and nodded.  “Actually, that’s a really good idea.  I would LOVE to have your help but we might have to get your uncle to help too so your mommy doesn’t find out.”

“Uncle Adam will help! I know he will, and if he doesn’t want to, I’ll just tell Derek on him.”

Justin had to laugh at this.  Gabby was just like her mother in that she wasn’t afraid to fight for what she wanted.

“Sounds like a good plan to me, but Gabby, you can’t tell your mommy about any of this.  She can’t know.  It has to be a surprise.”

“Mommy doesn’t like me keeping secrets from her.”

Justin nodded.  “I know. I know and I don’t like keeping secrets from her either, but this isn’t really a secret.  It’s a surprise.  She is going to find out, just not yet.  I’m not ready.”

Gabby nodded.  She understood but still had some concerns. “She doesn’t really like surprises either.  She says that the only surprise she ever got that she liked was me.”

Justin couldn’t help but chuckle.  “Well, I don’t blame her, but you are a pretty great surprise and well, I am sort of hoping she likes this one too.”

Gabby giggled.  “I think she will.  I won’t tell. Promise.”

“Pinkie promise?!” Justin asked holding out his pinkie finger.

Gabby grinned and nodded, locking her pinkie with his.  “Pinkie promise.”

“What else do you need to do? Can I help?”

Apparently, now that Gabby knew she had her mind set on helping.

“Well…I need to decide when I am going to ask her, and where, and how?”

“Don’t do it on Valentine’s Day…she HATES Valentine’s Day.”

Justin nodded.  “Yeah…your uncle said that too.  Wait?! What?! She hates Valentine’s Day…why?”

Gabby made a face.  “Daddy.  Daddy always ruined it for her.  She always said it wasn’t a big deal.  That she didn’t care, but I could tell it hurt her.”

Justin cracked a wistful smile and nodded.  “Well, I will definitely have to work on fixing that.  Your mommy deserves to have a nice Valentine’s Day.”

“But don’t ask her then…she won’t like it…”

“Oh, no, I won’t…”

***

Step 1 in his plan had been talking to Adam.  Step 2 was talking to Gabby.  With those two conversations out of the way the next step seemed like piece of cake.  In truth, it was a bit nerve- wracking but necessary.  He was meeting with his lawyers to draft a pre-nuptial agreement as well as some other legal things he wanted to discuss.

It was happening quickly.  Maybe a little too quickly, but given that he was only in New York for a few days and it would be a while before he would be back, he had things he needed to accomplish.  Especially now that he was planning to propose before the tour finished. 

The next day, after talking to Gabby, Justin spent most of the morning meeting with his lawyers. Yes, it was a Sunday but thankfully, everyone involved understood that he was on a tight schedule.   It was long, and a bit tedious, but he walked out feeling like he was floating.  Things had been set in motion.  His plan was moving forward and he couldn’t be more excited. 

Now he was back on tour.  He had just finished a show in Winnipeg and was now headed for Edmonton for two shows.  It was hard being away from Chloe and Gabby.  He missed them both.  However, being away gave him time to think and plan. 

At that moment, he was on his bus, lying in the bed, staring up the ceiling as he tried to figure out his next steps and how it was all going to work out.  He should have been sleeping but ever since making the decision to marry Chloe he just didn’t sleep the same, at least not when she wasn’t next to him.  He slept better, more peacefully when he was with her.  It was as if just being next to her put him at ease. 

Sighing he looked at his watch.  It was late.  Really late.  If Chloe wasn’t in surgery, then she was probably asleep.  He didn’t want to wake her if she was sleeping but wanted her to know he was thinking of her.

Pulling his phone from beside him, Justin sat up, propping the pillows on the bed behind his back and started to type out a text.

Justin: I am really sorry if this wakes you up.  It’s 3:36 a.m. and I am wide awake because all I can do is think about you.  I miss you!

Chloe had been asleep.  Her phone was on “Do not disturb” since she wasn’t “On call” but she’d programmed it so that calls and texts from certain people were able to get through in case of Emergency.  Justin was one of those people.

Chloe yawned, rubbed the sleep from her eyes and reached for her phone. 

As soon as the words on the screen came into focus, then fully registered in her brain she snuggled into the covers a bit more and smiled as she typed her response.

Chloe: I’m awake now.  I miss you too!

Justin: Aww.  I really didn’t mean to wake you. 

Chloe: It’s ok.  I haven’t been sleeping very well lately anyway

Justin: No?

Chloe: Truth?

Justin: Always

Chloe blushed.  He couldn’t see her but it didn’t matter.  Just the thought of admitting this was making her giddy.

Chloe: I don’t know what it is…but I just don’t sleep as well as I used to when you’re not here

Justin: Truth?

Chloe: Absolutely

Justin: Neither do I.  I like having you next to me.  It’s not the same when you’re not

Chloe felt her heart flutter just a bit.  He was being absolutely adorable.

Chloe: I really do need to look at my calendar and figure out when I could potentially come visit

Justin grinned at this and pulled his I-pad from the nightstand.  Immediately, he started to scroll through his calendar examining the dates.  He had an idea but wanted to be sure before telling it to her.

Justin:  Do you have a passport?

Chloe made a face.  She didn’t know what he was thinking but just thinking about the possibilities excited her.

Chloe: Yeah. 

Justin: Is it valid?

Chloe: Yeah.  It is now that I changed my name back to my Maiden name.

Justin chuckled and shook his head.  Apparently, fate was smiling in his favor.

Justin: Come to Vancouver next week.  I will be there for two shows

Chloe: Valentine’s Day is next week

Justin grinned.  Thanks to his intel from Adam and Gabby he knew how Chloe felt about Valentine’s Day.  He didn’t blame her in the least, but she felt that way because of Eddy.  He was NOT Eddy and although he knew that Chloe knew that, he was determined to prove to her just how different they were.

Justin: that was the idea, and I know, you HATE Valentine’s Day but trust me…you will NOT hate it with me

Chloe’s jaw dropped.  She had never told him anything about her feelings regarding the holiday but he knew.  She could only imagine how he knew.  She had a few ideas but as much as she didn’t want to admit it, her curiosity regarding what he might be planning was getting to her.

Chloe: What dates? I mean…I know what date Valentine’s Day is, but what dates are you in Vancouver?

Justin: February 14th and 15th.  That’s a Thursday and Friday. 

Chloe giggled and placed a hand over her face.  The fact that she was considering the idea of hopping a flight to spend Valentine’s Day with her boyfriend in Vancouver was completely out of character for her.  Chloe never went anywhere.  In fact, the last time she’d left NYC was her honeymoon with Eddy.  She was overdue for a vacation, or at least a mini one.

Chloe: It’s short notice but let me see what can I do.  Being Head of the trauma department has to be good for some things, right?

Justin grinned.  He was getting excited about the possibility of seeing her. 

Justin: One would think

Chloe: I’m off tomorrow…I mean today…but as soon as I can get it approved, I will let you know.

The following day was Thursday.  Thursday, February 7th.  Chloe had to work, but she didn’t have to do “rounds” that morning so she didn’t have to be up super early.  She was up, sipping on a cup of coffee when Adam made his way to the kitchen.

Chloe handed him a cup of coffee then waited for him to take a sip before speaking.

“Good morning!”

Adam smirked.  Chloe was up and cheerful, and prying him with coffee. He had a hunch she was gearing up to ask him for something.

“Morning.” Adam replied.

“Do you and Derek have plans for Valentine’s Day?” Chloe blurted out.

And there it was, the “something” he’d been waiting for Chloe to ask about.  He couldn’t fault her though, trying to coordinate your first Valentine’s Day with your superstar boyfriend who was currently touring across the country did require a bit of forethought.

“Yes, and no.” Adam replied.

“What does that mean?” Chloe asked making a face.

Adam laughed at the face she was making.  He couldn’t help himself.

“It means we are planning to spend it together but we don’t have plans to go out.  We were talking about having a quiet night here at home.”

“Oh.” Chloe replied, her face falling a bit.

This was Adam’s first Valentine’s Day with Derek as well.  She did not want to spoil it for him by asking him to watch Gabby. 

Adam chuckled and shook his head a little.  He could already see the disappointment in Chloe’s eyes, but he had a hunch that it was a bit premature.

“What did Justin ask you to do?”

Chloe blushed.  “Umm…well… he asked if I would fly out and spend a couple days in Vancouver with him?”

“Vancouver?! As in Canada?”

“No, Vancouver, Washington…yes, Canada!” Chloe shot back.

Adam smirked.  “Do you even have a passport?”

“Yes.”

“Is it valid?”

“Yes.” Chloe huffed.

“Ok, ok.  Although I can’t speak for Derek, I am fine with watching Gabby, but why don’t you ask Mom and Dad first and then if they can’t Derek and I totally will.”

“Really?!” Chloe asked hopefully.

Adam grinned.  “Really.  No worries little sister. I got you.  I wouldn’t let you spend your first Valentine’s Day with your man, without your man.”

Chloe rolled her eyes and swatted at him, then she grinned.

“Deal.”

Chloe’s parents jumped at the opportunity to watch Gabby.  It was a huge weight off Chloe’s shoulders.  She really hadn’t wanted to interfere with Adam’s Valentine’s Day plans but also really wanted to see Justin.

Now she had to ask for the time off work.

Three days.  She needed three days off work.  Her plan was to fly out EARLY the morning of the 14th and fly back the afternoon of the 16th.  However, now that she was the Head of Trauma her direct supervisor was the Chief.  In other words, he was the one who would approve or deny her request for time off.

Chloe went to work that morning with the intention of going straight to the Chief to ask for permission for time off but as would luck would have it; she didn’t have to hunt him down.  She ran into him outside the elevator almost as soon as she arrived at the hospital.

“Good morning, Dr. De Luca.” He said smiling.

“Good morning, sir.”

“How are things going in trauma?”

Chloe smiled.  She was nervous about asking him for time off, but at the same time she wasn’t.  Chloe had always had a good working relationship with the Chief.  Yes, he was the Chief, and therefore her superior but although there were times, particularly in her personal life where she lacked confidence her professional life was much different.  She was good at her job, damn good, and because she was so good, she commanded a certain level of respect.  Also, she was a good teacher.  A valuable skill in a teaching hospital such as Mt. Sinai.  All things that worked in her favor.

“Very well sir.  A couple of the interns have already demonstrated an aptitude for trauma so I am looking forward to nurturing those skills.”

“Excellent.”

Chloe took a breath.  Now was her chance.

“Sir…if you have a moment…I was hoping I might talk to you about something else…”

“Sure.  Going up?” He asked nodding to the now open elevator.

Chloe nodded.  “Yes, please.”

Together they entered the elevator and Chloe waited until doors were shut before proceeding.

“I’ll get straight to it.  Sir, I was hoping I might get permission to take a few days off next week.  The 14th, 15th and 16th to be specific.”

“Valentine’s Day?” the Chief asked grinning.

“Yes, sir.” Chloe replied trying not to blush.

“Hmm.  Planning to visit your very high-profile boyfriend on tour I’m guessing?”

Chloe stood dumbfounded for a moment, unaware that her jaw was literally gaping open.  Yes, he’d known that she treated Justin and that they were acquainted but she had no idea that he had any knowledge of the fact that they were dating.

The Chief saw Chloe’s expression and tried very hard not to laugh. 

Still grinning he reached into his briefcase and pulled a copy of the New York Times from within.  He held the paper up for her to see and smiled at her as he spoke.

“I make a habit of reading the paper every morning.  I like to keep up on what’s happening in the city we serve, so you can imagine my surprise when not once but TWICE in recent weeks a member of my Supervisory staff has graced the front page of the Entertainment section.”

“Oh.” Chloe replied, no longer able to contain her blush.

“I am not upset.  Frankly, I’m thrilled. A good work/life balance is important, especially in our field.  It helps prevent burn out and you, Dr. De Luca haven’t had a good work/life balance until very recently.  In fact, I can count the number of days you’ve taken off since you became an Attending here on both hands and still have fingers left over.  Despite being a single mother, being in a major car accident and a budding relationship you’ve worked every major holiday for the past two years.  Major Entertainer status aside, Mr. Timberlake is good for you and your career.   Three days is not an unreasonable request.  Go…have fun, relax.  You’ve more than earned it.”

“Thank you, Sir.” Chloe replied still blushing like a fool.

“You’re welcome.  Just one question…”

“What is that Sir?”

“Where are you going?”

Chloe giggled.  “Vancouver.”

“Ever been?”

Chloe blushed more. “Nope.”

“It’s a beautiful city.  Very picturesque.  Take some to explore if you get the chance.”

Chloe nodded.  “I will.”

She and the Chief parted ways soon after.  Once inside the privacy of her office, Chloe took the opportunity to text Justin.  It was almost 9 in New York, meaning it was almost 11 in Edmonton.  She wasn’t sure if he would be awake yet but she’d promised she would let him know as soon as she could about the trip.  Her meeting with the Residents was due to start in just a few minutes, after that she may not get another opportunity to notify Justin for a while.  Now was the perfect time.

Chloe: So…umm…how early on Thursday would you like me to get there and where should I fly into?

Justin had been awake for a bit.  He wasn’t due at the arena for a few more hours so he was enjoying a leisurely morning at the hotel.  Currently, he was indulging in his regular “pre-show” breakfast of coffee and a gluten free waffle.

His phone dinged on the table beside him and he reached for it, a slow grin tugging at his lips as he read the words on the screen.

Justin: Good morning to you too.  Don’t worry about your flights. I’ll take care of that.  I’ll send you a travel itinerary as soon as I have it. 

Chloe: Good morning.  That really wasn’t an answer to my question.

Justin: It’s Valentine’s Day. I’m spoiling you.  Just let me, ok?!

Chloe laughed and shook her head.  He was persistent, that was certain.  He was also adorable.

Chloe: Ok. I won’t argue

Justin: Smart woman.  You look beautiful today by the way

Immediately Chloe started looking around her office confused.  They were texting each other, not video chatting.  He was in Edmonton, Canada she was in New York. 

Chloe: You can’t even see me

Justin: I don’t have to

Chloe laughed and shook her head.  Not even 9 a.m. yet and here he was making her feel things already. 

Chloe:  WOW!  Smooth Mr. Timberlake.  That was really smooth.  You wouldn’t be trying to get me to fall for you, would you?

Justin: I thought I had already.  Do I need to try harder Dr. De Luca?

Chloe:  No. No need to try harder.  I can assure you, your mission has been a complete success

Justin: Glad to hear it

Chloe:  I should get going.  I have a meeting with my Attendings in about two minutes

Justin: Go! Do your thing Mama!

Chloe: Mama?!

Justin laughed then typed into his phone.

Justin: Hot Mama?! Is that better?

Chloe snorted.  He was being very flirty.  Her “meeting” after this conversation was going to be interesting.

Chloe:  Umm…sure…Sexy

Justin: Yes, you definitely are

Chloe: Ok…I’m going now.  I love you

Justin: love you too

After Edmonton Justin was scheduled to be in Tacoma for two shows.  However, extreme weather conditions in the area made it nearly impossible for crews to even reach the arena much less set up the stage.  There was more than 6 inches of snow on the ground and the roads were extremely unsafe.  Ultimately, the shows had to be canceled and fans were issued refunds. 

Admittedly, Justin felt bad about having to cancel.  However, the extra two days off before Vancouver did present him with a much-needed opportunity.  An opportunity that he fully intended to seize, but not without a little help.

It was Monday, February 11th and on this particular afternoon Adam was in his office going over case files. 

His cell phone rang, snapping Adam from his thoughts and causing him to startle a bit but he managed to answer on the third ring.

“Well, hello there.” Adam said chuckling into the phone.

“Hey, Adam.  Listen. I don’t have a lot of time so I am going to cut straight to the chase.  What’s Chloe’s schedule like tomorrow? Is she off?”

“No.  She has the “On Call” shift tomorrow.”

Justin breathed a sigh of relief.  His plan was actually going to work.

“Good.  I need a favor…”

“Ok?!” Adam replied cautiously.

“I’m in town, but NO ONE knows, not even Chloe…”

“Ok?!” Adam repeated.

He didn’t know where this conversation was going or what exactly Justin needed from him but he definitely had Adam’s undivided attention.

“Are you picking Gabby up from school tomorrow?”

Adam nodded.  “That’s the plan.”

“Do you mind…I mean…would it be ok if I came with you?”

“Yeah, sure, not a problem.  Justin, what’s going on?”

He was a no bullshit guy.  Justin knew that.  It was time to cut to the chase.

“I need to run an errand tomorrow, but I need Gabby to come with me.  I promised her she could.”

“Come with you where?” Adam insisted.

Justin chuckled nervously.  “To pick out a ring for her mother.”

Adam grinned and shook his head on his end of the call.  “Say no more Timberlake. I got you! Wait?! I thought you agreed, you weren’t going to propose on Valentine’s Day…”

Justin laughed at this.  “I’m not.  The shows in Tacoma for yesterday and today got canceled due to extreme weather.  I don’t have another show until Vancouver.  I’m not proposing yet but I also don’t have a ring yet.  I need one…and soon…and…well…this may be my only chance for a while.”

Adam grinned and nodded.  “Understood.  No further explanation needed.  Meet me at Gabby’s school tomorrow at 3:00.  I won’t say a word to Chloe.”

“Thanks man! I owe you one.”

Adam smiled and shook his head.  “Nah.  You don’t.  You putting that ring on my sister’s finger is all the thanks or payment I could ever need.”

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story