The girls gathered their things and got ready for the day.  They were each smiling like goofs.  They stepped out in the hall to meet Michael.  The girls were all in their own little world.  Michael walked out in the hall and said, ”Hello, earth to the *NSYNC girlfriends!” That snapped the girls back to reality. They looked at him like what in the world.  He laughed at them and said, “What?  Y’all are the closest things to girlfriends I have seen them have in a while. Now let’s go!”


The group walked down to the spa and checked in.  They were each placed in their own rooms.  They were going to start off with individual massages, then coming back together for mani pedis and finishing with facials. While they were waiting for their masseuses they were all on their phones texting the guys.  


Liz pulled out her note from Justin and reread it.

 “Lizzy, Enjoy the day!  I can’t wait to spend the next couple of days with you.  Hopefully we can find some time just for us.  I think I could see myself spending a lot of time looking into those blue eyes of yours. We will figure this out. Justin”  She pulled out her phone and drafted an IG post. She had taken a picture of the flowers this morning and wanted to post them.  She drafted a post that read “Unexpected surprises on an unbelievable trip. #dreamscometrue #disney #girlstrip'' She took a screenshot of it and texted it to Justin. “Hey!  Would you have a problem if I posted this on IG?”  


Justin: Hey beautiful!  Absolutely not.  It doesn’t tie anything to me, so we should be fine. 


Liz: I won’t tag you, yet.  I already follow you.  


Justin:  Just wait til tonight, and you will have a few more new followers I promise.  


Liz:  So what are y’all really up to today?  


Justin: What are you talking about?  We are going to run through the song we are going to do tonight.  


Liz: Ok, I’ll let that slide for now. But I think y’all are up to something. :) I’ll talk to you later. 


She pulled up IG and made the post.  Her account was already set to private, so she wasn’t concerned about people finding her posts. She put her phone down to enjoy the day. 


In Ry’s room she was reading her note from Chris.  Of course he always made her laugh and this was no different.  

Dear Ry Ry, 

I have decided I am calling you Ry Ry and I don’t care if you don’t like it.  Actually I do, but I am still going to call you that.  I hope you enjoy the day with the girls and Michael.  I hope you get treated like a princess today!  Because tomorrow we are spending the day at Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom and you will be treated like a princess.  We will even stay to see all the Christmas Lights.  I love the castle all lit up.  See you this afternoon.  I’ll be the goofy one that is super excited about tonight!  -CK


Rhyann pulled out her phone to text Chris.  


Rhyann- Got checked in at the spa.  We are all in separate rooms right now.  Thank you again for the beautiful flowers. It was so thoughtful of you. 


Chris- Ry Ry! Just you wait. So does tomorrow sound good? 


Rhyann- That sounds great!  But let’s not skip today!


Chris- Oh we aren’t going to skip today.  Don’t you worry about that. Enjoy the day.  I’ll see you in a couple of hours!  You better be refreshed for a long day. 


Meanwhile in Charlie's room. 

Charlie, 

Who knew this week would bring out so many emotions.   When I originally agreed to do these shows I thought it would be fun if some of the guys could come and join me, but never did I believe that all the guys would come. And never did I believe that I would meet a stranger that understood me on so many levels like you do.  Instead of saying that I am already dreading having to say goodbye to you I will tell you how I cannot wait to spend the next few days with you.  One thing we have to do before you leave is go get Zingers.  They are classic!  And I feel very classic this week.  Enjoy the spa!  Don't talk about us too much! See you this afternoon!  -Joey


Charlie: Mr. Fatone...who knew you had such a sensitive side to you. :)


Joey: See what you are doing to me.  


Charlie:  *looks around* Who Me? 


Joey: Seriously I hope y'all enjoy today.  Today is going to be so great!  


Lex was still in a daze after reading her note.  It couldn't be real.

Lex, 

Everyone always tells me that I write the best songs.  But when it comes to writing about what I truly feel, I suck.  I could give you lyrics to a ton of songs that could probably express the joy I have in my heart today. But, they wouldn't be my words in this moment.  I hope you have a peaceful day today, because I think it might be the last peace we all have for a bit.  I hope you are ready for crazy.  It is going to be a fun couple of days. See you this afternoon honey! -Josh


Lex: Thank you for your heartfelt note with the beautiful flowers.  


JC: Honey, thank you for being part of this ride this week.


(Lex turned bright red when she read him calling her Honey!)


Lex: So....Josh huh? ;)


Josh: Yep.  It felt right. The circle can have a few more links.  


Lex: Wow what an honor. 


Josh: Honey, you are too much!  I'm excited to see where all this goes!  See you later on.


Shortly after the girls and Michael left, the guys gathered back in Joey's room to draw out a few ideas for the show tonight.  Currently they were all on their phones deep in texting conversation.  Lance pulled up his texts and opened his conversation with Michael. 


Lance: (sends a picture of all the guys with goofy grins on their faces and all texting) This is my current view. I am guessing your view looks pretty similar. 


Michael: Oh they are goners.  I bet it would be if we were all in the same room.  But I saw those looks before we left. (Michael sends Lance a picture of him stomach down on the table waiting for his masseuse.) 


Lance: I wonder if anyone else got such an eye candy picture!  ;)  


Michael: No, I only sent this to you!  When are you going to tell them? 


Lance: It would make sense to tell them while we are all together. 


Michael: It is what you have been waiting for.  We have already told our families.  I think your brothers deserve to know.  


Lance: Let's tell them tonight. Gotta go, looks like they are ready to work. 


Michael:  Enjoy the time with your brothers, babe.  Love you!


Lance:  Love you!


Before Lance puts his phone away, he sends a quick text to Liz.

Lance: Best friend!  Don't kill me for not sending you flowers today! To make it up to you I have something I want to tell my best friend tonight. 


Liz: Best friend!  I would never be upset with you. We would never let such trivial things come between our friendship. :)  Ohhhh are you going to tell me that I should quit my job and travel across the country with you guys on tour? 


Lance:  Not yet....no something else.  Have fun sweetheart!


Liz wondered what in the world Lance would want to tell her.  She thought it was probably nothing and probably just him trying to make her feel special.  


The group at the spa was enjoying their massages while the guys started drawing up the show. 


Joey was the first to speak, "Ok so the first show is going to be normal.  The second show we will close out the show with Lance and do ‘Tearin Up My Heart.’  And then the last show.  How do we want to bring us all out? I can come out like normal and bring Chris out talking about my friend, and then Chris could say, well I brought a friend and bring Lance out, and so on and so on. What do y'all think?”


The group agreed that it sounded easy and a way to draw it out.  They loved it.  Now to pick the songs.  


"I mean we could always do the big ones, Tearin, I Want You Back, Bye," and before JC could even finish this statement Lance spoke up and said, "Can we not sing Bye Bye Bye?  I mean I know what it means for our career, but we are always singing it.  I think it would be special for those diehard fans if we sang maybe some deep cuts, rather than the big ones."


The guys loved the idea.  It meant they would have to go over the songs a little bit more, but it was like riding a bike.  Once they started running through the set list it was just like old times.  They had a couple of hours before they needed to wrap up.  


Back at the spa  the group was back together in one room for the remainder of their time.  The girls were talking about their text conversations and notes from the guys.  Michael was listening in.  

Liz spoke up and said, "Does anyone else feel like this whole wonderful spa day was a distraction to get us out for a bit?" 

Michael started to pull his phone out to alert Lance.  Lex noticed what he was doing and said, "MICHAEL TURCHIN you better not be texting Lance and telling him we are on them.  You just confirmed what Liz said." 

Charlie said, "I was skeptical, but Turkey over here just confirmed that."

"But what are they up to?" Ry wondered out loud. 


"Ladies, let's just enjoy the fact that these men are wanting to give us a day of relaxation and spoil us. They don't do it very often.  Trust me, I've known them for years." Michael said as he smiled to himself proud of the distraction.


Michael also wanted to get to know the girls a little bit better as well.  They talked about where they live and what they did for a living.  Talked about their families.  Likes, dislikes, and all the things you would chat about with your girls.  He finally spoke up and said, "Okay girls, this is nice and all but I want the dirt.  You four are very stars in the eyes in a different way. Who wants to share?"


Everyone was silent for a bit, and finally Ry let out a big sigh and said,"Okay me....Chris kissed me this morning! It was the sweetest kiss, but I felt it in my toes.  He had whispered in my ear when we were all in the room together before breakfast that he wanted to kiss me but there were too many eyes in the room. I just thought he was being Chris, but wow this is a Chris I could get behind." Michael interrupted and said, "Sweetie, it doesn't work if you are behind him." They all started laughing.  "Annnyywaaayss, when we went to eat breakfast I had my hands full, and when we walked in his room he took everything out of my hands and then kissed me. It was perfect."  Ry started blushing.  The group was all giddy and so excited for her. 


"Justin didn't fully kiss me, but boy he made me want more.  He kissed me right on the corner of my lips. (She unconsciously touched her face where just a few hours ago Justin's lips had been.) He told me that he wanted to take me out on an official date before we have to return to our normal lives."  The group could tell that she was still picturing that moment with Justin.  Their shrieks snapped her out of her moment.  She blushed when they gave her a hard time about her day dream. 


"Joey told me that he wants us to spend some time together before we leave.  We spent most of the time together this morning snuggled up, talking.  He has kissed my temples and the insides of wrists.  Wow, who knew that Joey Fatone was so romantic. I feel like I am learning about a brand new person, not the person I thought I knew." Charlie grinned.


Lex wasn't saying anything and Michael spoke up, "Ok grinny, I know that C has done something. I know him way too well.  Spit it out!" She looked at her best friends and said, "Michael's right, Josh kissed me this morning." WAIT WHAT?  JOSH?  DID YOU JUST SAY JOSH? HOLD ON.  There were so many things being said that Lex didn't know who was saying what.  They all laughed and Lex said, "Yes.  He signed my note this morning as Josh.  He said the circle was adding a few more links."  


Michael looked at her and told her, "Wow, hon, that is so unlike him.  The last girl he dated took him almost a year before he let her call him Josh. You sure are bringing out a different side of him.  You all are.  I have known these men for several years and the way they look at all of you has blown me away.  I never thought that they would find women that would get along with each other that they all found connections with.  It has caused so many issues over the years.  Girlfriends not being supportive of them exploring things as a group or on their own. This girlfriend didn't like this girlfriend or this girl didn't like one of the guys.  That is honestly one reason why they haven't been together as a group as much as they would like.  They have gotten together on their own, but bringing significant others has been out of the question.  This changes everything."


The girls just stared at him.  Could this really be why they haven't gotten back together as a group?  They wrapped up their time together at the spa, thanked the staff and made their way back up to their rooms.


They all went to their rooms to get ready for the rest of the day.  Michael went to his room and found Lance in their room fresh out of the shower wrapped in a towel and laid out on the bed. Oh the thoughts that were running through his head. "Babe, you look wiped, are you okay?"


Lance sat up and grabbed Michael by the hands and said, "I have never been better. We are going to have the most amazing show tonight.  We are all five listening to each other, we are all taking what each other is saying seriously, all five of us have moments to shine tonight.  We haven't been this in sync, pun intended, in years.  Maybe this really is the most magical place on earth."

 

Michael had the biggest smile on his face.  "Lance, I told the girls the real reason you guys haven't gotten back together.  I hope that's okay.  They needed to know.  You 5 are family and they are best friends, it is truly a dream come true.  Only Biddy Bell could match you all with a group of friends that could bring you all back together in ways none of you expected.  Biddy knows you guys better than almost anyone, this was her plan."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story