The girls told their friends to meet them back at the same place before the next show and they would have the same seats.  They gave each other hugs and told them they would see each other shortly.  Lex, Ry, Charlie and Liz could not wait to get backstage.  They ran back to find the guys. When they walked around the corner they found Justin, Chris, Joey, Lance and JC in a big huddle hug.  All four girls pulled out their phones to capture the moment, Michael was on the other side doing the same thing.  Inside the huddle Lance spoke and said, “Guys thank you for having us here this week. Thank you for bringing us all back together.”  Justin responded with, “Let’s make a promise right now that no matter how busy we get when we leave here we see each other, all five of us, at least once a year.”  JC chuckled and said, “I think we have four women in our lives now that are going to make sure that happens.”  Chris agreed and added, “I love you guys. I feel like we are 20 years younger.” Joey broke up the seriousness with, “Well you were still old 20 years ago.” They all laughed and knew the moment was over, but were peaceful and happy to be there together.  After they hugged they saw the girls, Michael, and the others standing there with tears in their eyes watching this moment unfold before them.  Melinda leaned over to Michael and said, “We just witnessed the healing they all needed.” Michael looked back at her and said, “Here weeee goooo!” They laughed and knew everything was changing for the better.  The guys were so hyped over the last show and could not wait for the last show and their one song they were singing.  They still had not told the girls what song they were doing, but they told them they would be happy.  Liz spoke up and said, “I know it’s too late to make this request, but can it not be ‘Bye, Bye, Bye’? Each of you sing it in various places. Okay, thanks!”  She laughed as Lance said, “See this is why she is my best friend.  I said the exact same thing earlier.”  They all laughed and enjoyed their time together before the last show.  


The band let them know it was getting to be that time.  They all looked at each other; this is it.  The guys pulled together to hackey, all five of them.  Everyone took pictures of the five of them.  They all took last minute pictures before the girls and Michael went out to their seats. Liz went to get their friends.  When they got to their seats they introduced everyone to Michael.  The music was signaling that the show was about to start.  Instead of a song to start things off, Joey walked about to the stage by himself in front of the band.  He thanked everyone for coming to the shows this week and then said, “When I started planning this show I knew I wanted to bring a friend, so I brought Chris Kirkpatrick with me. Help me welcome Chris Kirkpatrick everyone.” The crowd went crazy.  Chris walked out on stage and said, “Joe, I really appreciate you bringing me out for Fatone N Friends, and I am really glad that I am the friend you brought, but I brought a friend with me.  I hope that is okay.  Ladies and gentleman, Lance Bass.” Lance walked on stage waving to the crowd and winked at Michael and Liz.  The girls looked at Michael, who obviously knew what was going on.  Lance then said, “Thanks guys!  It was fun singing ‘Tearin’ Up My Heart’ with y’all earlier.  Maybe you will let me do something for this show. I hope you don’t mind that I brought a friend with me.  Is it okay if I bring him out?”  Joey and Chris looked at each other with confused looks, “I guess so.” Joey replied.  “Alright EPCOT, please help me welcome JC Chasez!”  The place erupted!  JC walked out waving to the crowd, gave Lex a special wave and made his way to the front of the stage with the guys. The girls were so shocked that they couldn’t even react. “Well, hey there fellas.  I figured I couldn’t be left out of all this fun, right?  This sure has been fun being back together with y’all!  Just us being SYNC. I tried to bring my friend with me, but he was just too busy. I’m sorry.”  The crowd sighed as Justin came running on stage.  “Wait, I’m here! I’m here!  Don’t start without me.”  The noise that came from all the fans you would have thought they were back in Madison Square Garden.  The guys stood on stage and let the moment of all five of them soak in.  The girls were now taking pictures left and right.  JC spoke up and said, “Well I guess there is only one thing to say. Fellas?” All five of them at the same time said, “Hi!  We’re *NSYNC!”  The girls were now crying. They had been waiting for years to hear them say that again.  And here they were on the front row hearing it, feeling new feelings for these men.  Justin spoke up and said, “Guys we didn’t come all this way just to stand here did we? Let’s sing something.”  Liz hit Michael’s arm and said, “I cannot believe you didn’t tell us about this.”  “What?  And ruin this surprise?  I think not!”


The guys started singing “I Drive Myself Crazy” followed by the bluesy version of “I Want You Back” from the Celebrity Tour.  Then they moved into “It Makes Me Ill.”  At the end the guys looked at each other, and Chris said, “Fellas, I don’t know about you but I need a break now.  I’m old.”  “Well let’s slow this down a little bit”, Joey replied.  Joey stepped forward and said, “This week we have had so much fun hanging out together at Disney, with each other.  We have slipped back into old habits, jokes and everything. We have also made some really great friends this week and wanted to sing a song for them.” The guys were now looking at the front row of girls and their friends with their shocked looks.  JC walked close to the steps of the stage and held out his hand and said, “Lizzy, Rhyann, Charlie, Lex, and Michael would you join us on stage please.”  The girls looked at Micheal, who just shrugged and pushed them forward.  The five of them made it on stage and looked at the guys with looks of what are you doing.  Justin leaned in and said, “Don’t worry, y’all, this will be fun!”  Lance and Chris had gone backstage and brought out 5 stools.  Lance looked at the crowd and at them and said, “Well if y’all don’t want to have a seat I bet I can find 5 other people who will join us.”  All five of them quickly grabbed a stool and took a seat. Chris laughed and said, “Ha that’s what I thought.” Joey stepped forward and told the crowd, “Last night after the show we all went to Downtown Disney, well Disney Springs now, and we did a little reminiscing.  We sang a song out on the decks and thought we would sing it now for all of you.”  The guys walked around and started behind the stools.  Justin bent down and whispered into Lizzy’s ear, “Don’t cry...I know you’re going to be listening to Lance anyway!”  Michael, who was sitting beside her, laughed and leaned in and said, “I can share!”  The guys started singing “I Thought She Knew.”  They sounded perfect.  Just like they sounded in 2000 when No String Attached was released.  The guys sang a couple of lines directly to the girls and Michael and then sang to the fans in the crowd as well.  For those on the stools, there was no crowd, just the five of them and the five men singing.  When they finished you could hear a pin drop before the crowd collectively let out the breath everyone was holding and the crowd erupted. The guys decided they would sing one more song while they had them on the stage.  Chris spoke up and said, “Well it has been a long time since we sang that one.  And even longer since we have sung the song we are going to sing next.  See, these ladies here reminded us that EPCOT has a little piece of “NSYNC history here.  For those of you that don’t know, we filmed a Christmas special here in 1998 I believe, is that right?” Chris looked back for confirmation.  The girls and Michael all nodded their heads in agreement.  “Well, since we are here and the parks are decorated for Christmas already we thought maybe we should sing a couple of Christmas songs.” JC added.  The fans in the audience and on the stage were very excited about this!  The guys started with “The Only Gift”; Liz and Michael looked at each other and grinned.  When it got to the line before Lance’s solo he walked around behind both Liz and Michael and then sang his solo right behind both of them.  They held hands and squeezed them as Lance purred in their ears.  As they finished the song, they moved right into “Under My Tree.” The girls blushed as the guys sang the song, knowing now what this song was really about.  They cheesed it up for the crowd and the crowd was loving it.  At the end of the song Joey stepped forward and said, “We are going to close out the Christmas songs with one of our favorite songs.”  “This song has always been special to us.  This is also the first time we have sung it since the world lost Robin. Our hearts have had a hole in it since we lost her.  This one's for you Robin.” JC said.  The guys went into “O, Holy Night,” and in that moment something changed.  As the guys sang, they felt something, the girls and Michael felt, their friends felt it backstage.  This was the moment that they would look back at for years to come. When the song finished they each took the hands of the person sitting in front of them and helped them off the stage.  The girl's friends just stared at them in shock...as they walked by them one of them said, “Clearly you all have a lot to fill us in on.”  The girls and Michael laughed as they took their seats.  “We hope that none of you have any place to be, because we have gone over our time and we have a few more songs to sing.” The crowd went wild at what Chris just said.  The guys continued to surprise the crowd.  The guys went on to sing “The Two of Us,” “Giddy Up” and “No Strings Attached.”  Joey spoke up and said, “Well, guys, this has been so much fun, but I think the fireworks are going to start soon.  What do you think about a couple more songs and then we all enjoy the fireworks?”  The guys replied “That sounds like a plan Joe.”  Justin stepped forward and said, “This song is not one that we normally sang at live shows, but it felt fitting for tonight.  We hope that this song is as special for all of you as it is for us.”  All of the guys winked to the front row.  There was no music; in the seconds before the guys started to sing, the girls were trying to figure out what they were going to sing and then they started. “Dreams come true, Dreams come true….” The girls gasped as tears started streaming down their faces.  They looked at each other and said, “How did they know?”  The guys noticed the girls freaking out and crying, Justin elbowed JC and gave him a look of, what did we miss?  JC just shrugged and they all made mental notes.  Michael looked at the girls and leaned over to Liz, “Lizzy, are y’all okay?” “Michael, how did they know to sing this song?” She replied.  “They just decided that it was a Disney song and it was probably on your playlist y’all mentioned.”  Liz gasped and whispered, “Kismet.”  She looked at Michael and told him, “This song was playing when we crossed onto Disney property the first day, hours before we met the guys. We said it was kismet that it started playing then that amazing things were going to happen on this trip.  And Justin sang it on the bus one day to me, but I never told him about the song playing when we drove in.”  “Liz, you should ask him why he picked it.  That was one of his choices.  The other guys had forgotten about it.” Both of them at the same time directed their attention back to the stage and said, “Kismet.” As the guys finished the song, they moved to the last song of the night.  Lance stepped up and said, “I bet all of you think you know what we are going to sing next, our last song of the night.  But you would be wrong.  We are not singing ‘Bye Bye Bye.’ You can see most of us singing that song in various places all over the internet.  So instead...enjoy.”  Here we gooooo started and the crowd went crazy.  Lex leaned over to Liz, “What does this mean?”  Liz looked back at Lex and said, “*NSYNC has got the flow? I have no clue, but the fact that they got Lance to sing it is a miracle.”  They both laughed and enjoyed the rest of the show.  The guys finished and took a bow. They thanked the crowd, circled up in a group hug and then grabbed hands, took another bow and Joey said, “EPCOT, thank you for a great week!  Words cannot express how much fun this week has been.  See you next time. Until then….” “We are still *NSYNC!” all five guys said at the same time.  They ran off to the backstage area. 


The girls gave their friends hugs and Michael said his goodbyes to their friends.  Their friends told them they had a lot of explaining to do, but knowing deep down that they would never know what their 4 friends had experienced this week. They all said goodbye for the night and Michael, Lex, Liz, Ryahnn and Charlie ran backstage as fast as they could.  When they got to the backstage area the guys were in a huddle, jumping as one.  Charlie cleared her throat and said, “Excuse me, what the hell was that?” The guys turned around with the biggest grins on their faces and ran over to the girls and Michael.  “Are you mad at us for not telling you?” Chris asked.  “Are you mad at the songs?” Joey asked.  “Are you mad that we brought you on stage?” JC asked.  Lance walked over to Michael and put his arms around him from behind and whispered, “They aren’t mad at all are they?”  The same time Michael shook his head no Justin heard what Lance just asked and slid over to Liz picked her up in a hug and said, “You’re not mad at us at all are you?”  She looked at him and said, “Absolutely not, that was the greatest thing I have seen.”  They were all talking over each other so quickly and so excited no one was actually able to understand what was being said.  Melinda came back and said, “Hey guys we have the area all set up for y’all to watch fireworks.  They are going to start in the next few minutes.  You probably want to head out there.”  “Thanks Mel, we will be right there.” JC replied.  He grabbed Lex’s hand and looked at her and started to walk her out to watch the fireworks and Lance spoke up, “Y’all hold on for a sec before we head out there.  Michael and I have something we want to tell you.”  He grabbed Michaels hand and pulled him close. Liz just smiled. She knew what Lance was about to say and could not wait to share the excitement with everyone. “I think that the ten of us will be seeing a lot of each other in the coming months.  Because I asked Michael to marry me and he said YES.”  Everyone screamed out of excitement and hugged Lance and Michael and gave their congratulations.  A few minutes later Lance spoke up and said, “I don’t know about y’all but after this night I plan on watching the fireworks in the arms of a good looking man, later.”  He grabbed Michael by the arm and they walked out to the roped off area that Melinda had set up.  They were going to watch fireworks at the same place they all watched fireworks just a few nights ago when their lives were totally different.  Lex grabbed Josh’s hand and winked at him, “Come on handsome, you are with me.”  Rhyann took Chris by the hand and said, “You owe me some arms fella, let’s go see some fireworks.”  Joey and Charlie were right behind them.  Justin and Liz were the last ones in the backstage area.  He grabbed her by the waist and pulled her close.  “Lizzie, what were you and Michael talking about tonight?  You were crying.”  He caressed her cheek while he spoke to her concerned that something was wrong.  “Oh gosh, Justin no nothing was wrong.  Why did you pick ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ to sing tonight?”  “I’m not sure, the other day when we were on the bus that song just popped in my head.  I had completely forgotten that we recorded it.  But it just came back to me. And I thought it was perfect for tonight. And I saw you smiling while I was singing it, and I wanted to bring that smile to your face again.”  Liz looked right into his blue eyes, “Justin, that song started playing on our playlist as soon as we drove under that Disney sign the other day. And the words of the song...dreams come true!  We are living out that song.”  Justin ran his fingers through her hair and pulled her close and looked in her blue eyes as their lips touched for the first time they both whispered, “Kismet.”  The kiss started out slow and sweet, Liz moved her hands up and started running her fingers through Justin’s short curls.  He let out a small sigh as she played with the curls.  He deepened the kiss and ran his hands down the sides of her body.  They separated, and their foreheads met, “Lizzie, that kiss went to my toes. Are you ready to watch some fireworks?” She kissed him quickly and grabbed his hand and they walked outside to meet their friends.   


Liz and Justin walked out to the bridge to meet everyone else.  Everyone was grouped off down the bridge.  Justin and Liz stood next to JC and Lex and watched the fireworks.  The 10 of them did exactly as Lance said, they watched the fireworks wrapped in each other's arms.   Each pair shared quiet moments with each other during the fireworks.  When the fireworks wrapped up, the group started to make their way back to the bus.  Michael and Lance were lost in each other’s arms.  They walked with huge grins on their faces, so happy and in love.  Joey and Charlie were walking behind them, laughing still at some of the moments from the show.  Joey had his arm draped around her shoulder.  Charlie’s was snuggled up close to Joey.  They were soaking in every moment, not knowing how many more they would get.  Chris and Rhyann were walking behind them.  Chris walked in front of Rhyann and turned around and started walking backwards. “Babe, I need food or kisses. Whichever I can get first is what I want more.  I am so amped up from the show still, maybe we can go grab dinner somewhere.” Rhyann grabbed his hands as they were walking.  She pulled his hands close and kissed the insides of his wrists.  He let out a soft sigh and chuckled, “Well, that’s a start!”  He winked at her and then let go of one of her hands, and walked the rest of the way to the bus holding her hand and talking about absolutely nothing.  Rhyann was loving his nonsense conversation.  JC, Lex, Liz and Justin were all walking side by side.  JC leaned over to Justin and said, “J, I have not felt that rush of adrenaline in years. I don’t know how you do that all the time.”  “C, what we just did on stage is totally different than how it feels when I am on stage by myself.  Tonight I realized what has been missing in my life.  This week I think I found both.” Just squeezed Lizzy's hand as he was talking to JC.  The girls just grinned. They couldn’t believe what they had been witnessing this week and how much their lives were changing for the better.  

 

The group took their places on the bus, and as they were leaving the park JC spoke up, “Is anyone hungry or want to go do something?  I am not ready to call it a night yet.”  Everyone responded YES let’s go do something.  Joey leaned up to the driver and gave him a destination.  “I got it covered for food. I know where to call for a place that can take care of us with some great music.” The bus pulled into the restaurant’s parking lot and all of them started laughing.  Charlie leaned into Joey and whispered, “I thought just you and I were coming here?” He looked at her, gave her a quick kiss and said, “Oh I have something better planned for you. Just you wait!”  When everyone realized where they were, the guys started laughing. “Joe, I had no idea this was still here. How many nights did we come and hang out here?” JC said with a fondness.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story