The morning they were dreading had finally arrived. They each ordered breakfast in their own rooms. They wanted to soak in as much time as possible before heading to the airport. The girls' flights were all close enough that they could all go at the same time. Bags were packed and waiting by 4 doors. Joey and Charlie were looking out on the balcony when his alarm went off. “Babe, it’s time. I’ll text everyone and let them know to meet in the hall.”

 

JF: Okay guys, the car is here. Time to go. 

 

LB: Do you want us to go with y’all?

 

JT: Absolutely, Lizzy would be sad if you weren’t at the airport. Even more sad.  

 

CK: I guess it is time. 

JC: This sucks.

 

Five doors opened, one at a time. Suitcases were rolled out and the girls were hanging on tightly to their guys. You could tell that everyone had been crying at some point, and there was not much being said between everyone. They piled in the van as a group of 10 for the last time. They took advantage of the 30 minute drive to the airport. Stolen kisses, whispers and savoring each other was all they were focused on. Justin spoke up, “Joe, I have to tell you while we are all together THANK YOU! Thank you for bringing us all together. You have changed all of our lives forever.” Lizzy squeezed his hand. They pulled up to the airport. JC had reached out to the airport and reserved a meeting room, so they could all say their goodbyes privately. Hugs all around as they told each other they would see each other soon before everyone paired back off.  

 

Lance grabbed Liz and gave her a big hug. “Best friend, let me know when you get home. You better get those wedding planning thoughts going, because we are going to need help. We will talk soon.” He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tight, “I’ve never seen him happier,” he whispered to her. She looked back at him and said, “He has done the same for me. I love you, best friend!” They hugged and Lance and Michael stood off to the side as he watched his best friends say goodbye to these women who had changed their worlds.  

 

Charlie was snug under Joey’s arms trying to keep the tears from running. “Babe, call me when you get home, text me from the plane, let me know you get to the gate, anytime you need me I’m there, no questions asked,” Joey rambled. She looked back up at him and just nodded. He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her. He kissed her like there was no tomorrow.  

 

Ryhann was sitting in Chris’ lap, and they were already planning on a zoom date that night. “You better let me know how this week goes. This is going to happen Chris. I can feel it.” “Of course you will be the first to know. Call me when you get home. I am going to miss you in about five minutes.” He told her and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. 

 

Josh held Lex’s hand and looked at her, “Think you can find some time for me in a couple of weeks or maybe days?” Her face lit up, “Of course I can. You are welcome anytime. I’ll call you tonight and we can start planning.” “How am I going to sleep in that big bed tonight without you?” he said as he kissed her temple. He wrapped her up in his arms and gave her one last kiss to last them both a couple of days. 

 

Justin looked at Lizzy and said, “Babe, will you come with me for Thanksgiving? I’ve already cleared it with mom, and she can’t wait.” Liz looked at him shocked, “Justin, what in the world? Your mom? Thanksgiving? Are you sure?” “I have never been more sure about anything in the world.” “Of course I will come.” He picked her up and spun her around. She wrapped her legs around him and leaned in to kiss him. 

 

They all made their way to security where they would actually have to let go. One last round of hugs and kisses and Lizzy looked at the group, “No goodbyes, just see you soon!” The girl's fingers slipped from the guys hands, and they walked towards security. The guys stood shoulder to shoulder watching their happiness walk away. The girls turned around and blew kisses to the guys. One last wave, and they were out of sight. Justin took a deep breath, “Now what?” 

Chris jumped on Joey’s back and said, “Don’t you leave me too.” The guys stood there a little longer hoping that the girls would come back. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story