The group rode everything that they could.  It was starting to get dark and the park was close to closing.  Lance, Justin and Elizabeth were talking as the group was headed to take pictures in front of Spaceship Earth.  Elizabeth commented on how surprised she was that the guys hadn’t been bothered by fans while they were walking around.  Justin mentioned that he was surprised by that as well.  They chalked it up to the girls being with them and thankful for hats and face coverings.  They ended the night at the park with Spaceship Earth and then a handful of pictures in front of the iconic landmark.  The girls were going to ride the skyliner back to their resort, but the guys were not ready for the night to end.  Melinda headed back home and left the nine of them and made arrangements to meet up the next day.  The guys were staying at the Grand Floridian.  They had transportation arranged for them back to the resort.  


They arrived back at the resort and headed to Joey’s room.  Since he was the headlining act, he had one of the larger suites.  The guys were all staying on the same floor, so on the way to Joey’s room they stopped off at their own rooms to change into lounge clothes.  They grabbed some waters from the fridge and headed to the common room. Lance spoke up and said “Let’s get to know these girls a little better, who’s up for some 20 questions?” 


Lance: I’ll start. We will start with something easy, where did you grow up? All four of you.  

The girls answered, Arizona, Tennessee, Georgia, Nevada all spoke at the same time followed by laughs. 


Joey: Favorite ride at Magic Kingdom that we have to ride tomorrow? Elizabeth said Space Mountain, Lex said Big Thunder Mountain, Charlie said Splash Mountain and Rhyann said the Tea Cups.  “YES ALL MY FAVORITES”, Chris said with excitement.


JC: What was the last playlist that you listened to? Anyone. The girls started laughing.  Almost to the point that they couldn’t catch their breath.  Elizabeth spoke up and said, well the last playlist was called “The Greatest Playlist EVER!”  JC: And what amazing music is on this Greatest Playlist? Lex: It is any song that you guys have done as a group, individually, as a collaboration, an adjacent song; like MMC songs, songs you have covered, pretty much anything that has come out of your mouth.  The guys were shocked, but the girls were proud of their reaction. Justin spoke up and said, I would be interested to see all these songs, there can’t be that many of them.  Charlie laughed and said, well there was over 12 hours without a repeat!  The guys were shocked.  


The questions continued, the guys asked questions about music, movies, likes, dislikes, family, dreams, pretty much anything you could think of.  They had avoided one particular topic. *NSYNC.  Justin had the last question.  Okay ladies, I want to know your best memory that involved the group.  Chris interrupted and said...and who did you have a crush on? 

Lex started and said The Celebrity Tour. That show was so stripped down and intimate, I had more Justin on my wall than anyone.. Charlie said the DC benefit concert.  The emotion there, all the amazing talent, it was surreal.  JC loves DC! Elizabeth said CFTC.  Being at those events allowed us to see a side of you we didn’t see on camera or on the stage.  I have a thing for those deep voices. Rhyann was the last to answer and said this moment, I never got to see all of you together in person.  I also had JC on my walls. The guys always got a little sad when fans from back in the day mentioned they never got to see them live.  These girls seemed so genuine; it had been a long time since they felt a connection with new people so quickly.  


It was starting to get late, Joey and Chris had rehearsal in the morning and they still needed to make a plan for tomorrow.  The group decided that they would meet at the Crystal Palace for breakfast the next day before Chris and Joey had to go to rehearsal.  The girls left a note with their numbers on the table.  The guys arranged for their transportation to take the girls back to Pop Century.  They said their goodbyes with quick hugs and headed to the car.  


In the car on the way back to Pop the girls freaked out!  They looked at each other and at the same time said, “Whose life is this and what are we doing living it!” This has been the most unbelievable day!  Lex pulled up Instagram and started a group chat with the four of them and Melinda.  “THANK YOU FOR THE BEST DAY EVER!  We can never thank you enough for today!  :)”  Melinda responded with just a simple heart and “Can’t wait to see what happens next.”  She smiled and felt very proud of herself.  


The girls made their way back to their room, it was after midnight at this point and they collapsed on their beds.  They were getting ready for bed and heard a ding, followed by three other dings.  Before they could reach their phones their phones continued to ding.  Elizabeth was the first one to pick up her phone and saw a text message from an unknown number with a bunch of other numbers she didn’t know attached to it.  As she was opening her phone Lex said,“Great I got a spam text.” They all unlocked their phones and at the same time had a look of shock on their faces. They were now on a group text message with *NSYNC!!!  


Justin: Hey ladies…(did y’all laugh at that one? We still want to know what is so funny about that) we wanted to make sure you got back to your room safely. 


Joey: Hey you guuuuyyysss...look new friends.


Lance: I apologize in advance for whatever nonsense this text leads too. ;)


Chris: Don’t expect JC to say anything, he never responds to text messages. 


Elizabeth: We made it back to our room safely.


Lex: Thanks for letting us use your car. 


Rhyann: We can hang with whatever nonsense you throw at us.  We have our own! 


Charlie: Thanks for a great night!


JC: I do too respond to text messages!  Hey!  


Justin: Alright ladies we will see you in the morning! 


Charlie looked at the girls and said ladies we have not only made the group text, we are part of a group text. The girls stayed up for a while longer talking about everything that happened today. The guys were doing the same from their rooms. 


Justin: Guys, is it just me or does it feel like we have known these girls forever?  I know I don’t trust people easily, but something about them makes me want to trust them and want to spend more time with them. 


JC: I was sitting here thinking the same thing.  And you guys know how little I trust people, but I’m with you J, I feel like we have known them for a lifetime and I want to know more about them. 


Joey: I am so glad Melinda picked these four to be friends with.  


Chris: They seem like so much fun and can keep up with our craziness. 


Lance: I think I might want 4 new best friends! 

 

The guys continued their conversation for a bit and finally said goodnight.  JC turned out the lights and thought to himself about how great today had been.  He was back with his 4 best friends, no pressure, just them hanging out, and it was an added plus to have new friends.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story