Once the fireworks were over and EPCOT was getting close to closing time the group decided to call it an early night and head back to the guys’ rooms to hang out.  On the way back Joey sent a text to the guys, “Melinda told me that she got all the girls' stuff moved over to our resort.  They are all in a room on our floor.  They are going to freak out when we get back.” It was close to 10pm when they reached the floor where the guys' rooms were. The group was starting to feel the day and just wanted to relax a little.  They all went to Joey’s room again.  Ry looked at Chris and asked, “Best friend, would you happen to have an extra shirt and shorts that I could change into to get comfy?” He looked at her and told her he would be right back.  Instead of going to his room to get the clothes he went to the girls room.  He pulled out 4 t-shirts and 4 pairs of pj pants.  He got back to the room and set the clothes on the table by the bathroom.  He let Ry know that he grabbed a few things.  She walked into the front room and saw the pile of clothes and looked at Chris, “Chris, how did you get these?  These are our clothes, right?” The guys had the biggest grins on their faces.  Joey spoke up, “Us guys were talking and figured that you all would be hanging out with us most of the week anyways, and there was no reason for y’all to have to go back and forth when we could just get you a room right here, close to all of us.” The girls were shocked.  They couldn’t believe how kind the guys were being and that they really wanted to spend time with them.  It was still hard to believe.  Justin spoke up, “Oh and we took care of your room at Pop as well.  We don’t want y’all to have to worry about anything this week; except having a great week and getting to know new friends.” Justin had a hint of a blush on his face saying the last part. He knew he was falling fast for “Lance’s Best Friend.”  He thought, she can be Lance’s best friend, I’m not looking for just a best friend.  


The group settled in the living room area to watch a movie. During the movie, little conversations were starting to form.  JC and Lex were the first to get up and walk out to the balcony.  They didn’t talk at first and just enjoyed the night sky.  Lex was the first to finally speak. 


“JC, I wish I could explain to you how amazing the last few days have been. Never in a million years would I have guessed that my best friends and I would be here with you guys. And not just meeting you, but you all actually wanting to hang out with us and get to know us.  I mean we are just a group of fans.” 


“Lex, I have to tell you, a month ago I didn’t know I would be here.  I had no plans of coming.  The guys had been bugging me to come, but I didn’t want to.  Now I can’t imagine not being here.  Being with my best friends is one of the best feelings in the world for me.  It has been so long since the 5 of us have been together longer than a couple of hours.  And then to add to it meeting y’all was totally unexpected.  And I can’t wait to see how this week ends up.” They continued talking on the balcony. They shared the bench during their conversation. JC had put his arm on the back of the bench and a breeze came by and Lex shivered. JC pulled her close to him to protect her from the wind. They enjoyed a comfortable silence in breaks of their conversation. 


Soon after JC and Lex went out to the balcony, Lance got a call on his phone that lit up his face.  He excused himself to his room and told Justin to be sure to text him when they figured out the plan for tomorrow.  


Chris looked at Ry and asked her if she wanted to take a walk? Of course she agreed.  They took the elevator downstairs and started walking around the property.  Chris was dying to ask Ry what she really thought of the shows tonight. He wanted a really honest opinion, and he felt like she would have one. “Ry, can I ask you to be really honest with me?” She stopped walking and looked at him, “Of course, is everything ok?” “Oh yeah, I just wanted to know what you really thought of the show tonight?” She chuckled at his seriousness. “Chris, seeing the two of you on stage together tonight, took me back. You both sounded amazing.  You sounded great and strong together and on your own. I wish you could have heard what everyone around us was saying.  Everyone was so happy seeing you guys perform.  They will lose their minds Thursday. You are strong enough that you could do something on your own if you wanted to.” Chris had the biggest grin on his face listening to her. “I know, but there is just something about being on the stage with any of my brothers, it just makes it special.  There is just magic when any of us are together.”  Ry agreed.  They continued to walk around the resort talking, enjoying each other’s company and just getting to know each other. 


Joey, Charlie, Justin and Liz finished the movie, but not really paying their full attention to it.  Joey and Charlie were on one side of the room and Justin and Liz were on the other.  “Hey Joe, what is the plan for tomorrow?” Justin asked as he was getting up from the floor. “Why don’t we just order breakfast in the morning and we can meet back here around 11 and then head down to the pool or golf or something like that. I’ll send out a text to everyone.” 


Liz started yawning and looked like she was struggling to stay awake.  Justin stuck out his hand “Hey Sleeping Beauty, you look like you are fading.  Would you like an escort back to your castle?” Liz blushed and laughed “Sure, Prince Charming,” as she reached out and grabbed his hand.  He pulled her into his arms and they told Joey and Charlie goodnight.  There was something in their touch that both of them felt. They started walking down the hall hand in hand and arrived at the girls’ room, “Would you like to come in for a bit?” They went out to the balcony and could see JC and Lex still on Joey’s balcony.  Liz yelled down to Lex to let her know she was back in the room. Justin and Liz sat on the balcony looking out into the night sky. Liz placed her head on Justin’s shoulder.  “So Georgia, huh?” Justin looked at Liz. “Yeah I live right outside of Chattanooga actually. I feel like I can get all four seasons there, at least for a bit. I work for a non-profit in Chattanooga, so it keeps me out of the city but close enough to the city to do things. Are you in Nashville very often?”  “I come to Nashville a couple of times a year to see my mom and my best friend, but I might have to start making more trips to the area.” Justin winked. They continued their conversation for a while later. 


Charlie looked at Joey and said, “And then there were two.” “I didn’t expect everyone to bail, but I am not complaining. I am wondering how I am going to get JC and Lex out when I am ready to go to sleep.” After a great conversation with Charlie about their hometowns, Joey sent out a text to the group letting them know to meet back at his room at 11 for breakfast.  As the replies came back in JC and Lex walked back in, apologized for staying out there for so long and walked out to the hall. Charlie looked at Joey and laughed, “Well that did it, didn’t it? I should probably head to bed. I’ll see you in a few hours.” Joey gave her a hug as she left the room.   

 

As the nine of them settled in for the night there were so many texts going back and forth between all of them. As the girls settled into their new room they told each other about their night.  The guys were doing the same via text. They fell asleep with the anticipation of another day for new adventures.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story