Eve returned with Bronson half hour later. Josh was sitting at his kitchen island, drinking coffee and surfing in the internet at his iPad. Bronson rushed into his direction when he entered the house. Josh immediately stood up and bent down to cuddle him.


„Hey buddy, what are you doing here?“ He said with a big smile in his face.


He needed to admit that he really missed the dog. 


Eve came into the kitchen, with a paper bag in her hand and looked at them. Josh looked back, not being sure what to say. 


„Hey ehm… how come Bronson is here?“ He asked carefully. 


„His mommy is busy with her relocation.“ Eve replied with cynical tone. 


Josh was immediately amused by her attitude. She was jealous and he liked it.


„What’s in the bag?“ He wanted to know next. 


„Bronson and I made a long walk to the supermarket as I couldn’t find any food for him in the house.“ Eve explained. 


„Thank you for taking care for him, cupcake.“ 


„No big deal.“ She said and started unpacking her shopping. 


„Are you pissed off?“ He asked, with a cheeky grin in his face, which he couldn’t hide. 


„No. Why should I be pissed off? Just because your ex let herself in and acted like she owns that place? This would be ridiculous, right?“ She said cynically. 


Josh grinned even more now. He took her hand and pulled her into his arms. 


„This is so sweet.“ He said and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. 


She pouted. 


„You are gorgeous when you’re jealous.“ 


Eve tried hard staying serious but it was hopeless. Josh kissed her once again. 


„I don’t like her.“ She admitted. 


„That’s okay. I don’t expect you liking her.“ 


„Is this okay for you when she shows up like this and enters your house without permission?“


„Of course this is not okay. I promise to clarify that and ask her to return my keys.“


„Good.“


„You feel better now?“


„A little.“ 


Once again Josh kissed her and continued smiling. 


„What about Bronson? Do you like him?“ He wanted to know.


„He’s really ugly. But adorable.


„Ya. He is.“


„We should just keep him.“ She said boldly. 


„Okay. If you wanna discuss that with Jen, I’m not keeping you up.“ He joked. 


„No, I’m not doing that. But you could claim I kidnapped him.“ Eve suggested. 


„He’s chipped.“ 


„Damn it.“


„When will she pick him up?“ Josh asked next. 


„Tomorrow.“


„Oh.“


„Ya, that’s a problem, Josh. We can’t take Bronson to my apartment. Lucy is allergic.“


„Does it mean I need to sleep in my lousy guest bed again?“ 


„Yes. But I can join you, if you like. Maybe it will help a little?“ 


Josh smiled cheeky again. 


„I pretty sure it will help.“



Eve woke up next morning in Josh’s arm being naked. The mattress in his guest bed was really uncomfortable. She put that topic on her mental todo list as he really should put into consideration to replace it as well. 


Slowly she turned around and left the bed.


„Where are you going?“ Josh complained half asleep. 


„I make some coffee and will be right back.“ She said.


„Okay.“


Bronson was lying at a cozy blanket next to them at the floor. He gave her a short look and turned around, being too lazy standing up that early. 


Eve picked up her panties and Josh’s white shirt from the floor and put it on. Then she went downstairs and started the coffee maker. 


„This is a joke, right?“ She suddenly heard a female voice saying. 


Immediately Eve frightened and turned around. Jen entered the kitchen, being shocked seeing Eve just wearing Josh’s shirt. 


„What makes you believe you can show up here like this?“ Eve blamed her. 


„Who do you think you are telling me what I can do or not?“ Jen hissed back. 


Bronson suddenly showed up, greeting his mommy enthusiastically. Jen ignored her dog, still staring at Eve. 


Josh entered the kitchen as well in the next moment, just wearing boxer briefs. Both women stared at him now.


„Jen, what the hell? You’re not living here anymore.“ He said to her. 


„Really Jay? You’re banging your interior designer?“ She talked back.


Josh looked at Eve now. 


„You told her you’re my interior designer?“ He asked irritated. 


„Yes.“ She answered. 


„Why?“


„Because I am.“ 


„Wait… is she the chick from that pics in the L.A. Sun?“ Jen asked next.


„Yes.“ Josh answered. 


„Is this one of your current changes in life? Banging blonds now?“ 


„It’s never too late to change for the better.“ Eve replied boldly. 


Both looked at her. Jen was outraged and Josh smiled amused. 


„She’s a decade younger than you, right? I bet she’ll ask for a baby one day.“ Jen said, looking at Josh. 


„Don’t do that Jen.“ He warned her. 


„I don’t like kids.“ Eve intervened. 


Jen looked at her again without responding. Josh was asking himself if Eve was telling the truth. 


Finally Jen gave her attention to Bronson.


„Say goodbye to the dog.“ She said, looking at Josh again.


Josh kneeled down in front of Bronson and hugged him close.


„I’ll miss you, buddy.“ 


He kissed his head and then stood up, looking at Jen. 


„Have a good flight back home.“ 


„Ya, I will.“ 


Then she handed over the keys to his house and left with Bronson. 



„Chapter officially closed.“ Josh said, when he heard the front door closing. 


„I’m sorry for you and Bronson.“ Eve replied.


„Ya… it sucks.“


Eve came closer and hugged him. 


„Your new furniture for the living area will be delivered this week. But unfortunately I still have no delivery date for your new bed.“ Eve said, changing the subject. 


„I’m pretty fine with your bed.“ He said cheeky. 


Eve smiled back. 


„I don’t have anything to do here today. That’s why I’m going into the office to talk with Rachel about my next project.“ She informed him. 


„I’ll miss having you around. Maybe you could care for the rest of the house as well?“ Josh pouted.


„The rest of the house is pretty fine. But you should replace the guest bed. Or the mattress, at least.“ She replied, still smiling. 


„Ya, I know.“ 



„Look who’s back.“ Mateo cheered, as he saw Eve working in her office for a change. 


He came inside and sat down at her desk. 


„Mat… when will you learn how much I hate you doing that?“


„Never.“ He teased. „How are things with Mr. Chasez?“ 


„Good, so far. I’m waiting for the furniture to arrive.“


„Eve. I’m not talking about business here and you know it.“


„I met his ex girlfriend.“


„Uh!!! That’s exciting, tell me more!“ 


„I am wondering why he fell for me, to be honest. She’s a completely different type than me. Inside and outside.“


„Maybe he doesn’t have a type.“


„Believe me, he does…“


„So what. You made the man change his mind. That’s a good thing. I don’t see the problem here.“ 


Eve smiled. 


„You’re right. I’m overthinking.“



Josh was in the fitness gym doing weight training with Michael and Lance while their nanny was taking care for their babies. 


„You definitely lost some weight.“ Michael noticed, scanning Josh from head to toe.“


„Really?“ Josh asked surprised. 


„You did, bro. But it’s still a long road.“ Lance teased. 


Josh gave him an annoyed look. 


„Don’t be mean, honey. He’s doing great. This is not the right moment for any kind of frustration.“ Micheal intervened. 


„What happened to you, Mike? You’re scaring me.“ Josh teased. 


„I’m trying being a good friend for a change.“ He replied, smiling cheeky. 


„Hey, will you have a house-warming party when the redesign is finished?“ Lance asked.


„I will. But you are not invited.“ 


„Pussy.“


„Dickhead.“


„Oh, please… could you stop this? I really try hard working on my language since we have kids. And that’s not helping at all.“ Michael complained. 


Josh and Lance rolled their eyes. 


„However, I can’t wait meeting your girl.“ Lance said. 


„As I said, you’re not invited.“ Josh continued teasing.


„Then I got a counter offer. What about you and her coming to our place tonight for dinner?“ Michael suggested. 


„You want me to cook for him although he’s excluding me from his party?“ Lance complained. 


„I prefer when Mike cooks anyway.“


Lance showed him the finger. 


„So, what? You’ll come?“ Michael wanted to know. 


„Sure. Let me just check if she’s okay with that.“ Josh answered.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story