When they arrived in Orlando, Joey was waiting for Lucy at the airport exit to pick her up. She rushed into his arms and kissed him deep. When they released each other, Joey hugged Eve and then Josh. 


„Hey, Man. You join us for dinner at my parent’s place, right?“ Josh said. 


„Ya, can’t wait.“ Joey replied. „I can give you a ride home, if you want?“ He added.


„Thanks bro, but we’re taking a rental car.“ 


„Okay. So, see you later guys.“


„See you later.“



When Eve and Josh finally left the airport, sitting in the rental Mercedes SUV, she started getting deeply nervous. Josh noticed and thought it was cute.


„Baby, why are you so tensed?“ 


„Come on, I’ll meet your family. This is a big deal.“


He smiled, took her hand and kissed her fingers. 


„I know.“ He replied calmly. „But there’s no need to worry.“


She gave him a shy smile and took a deep breath. 



Finally they arrived at his parents house. Josh parked the car in front of the garage. The front door got open at the same time. Karen and Roy were waiting for them in the doorstep, smiling all over their faces. 


„Oh god, I’m dying.“ Eve said as she noticed them. 


„Baby, you’re the cutest.“ He said and kissed her forehead. „Come on, let’s say hi.“


They left the car and went to the front door. Karen was truly exited and came towards them. Then she hugged her son enthusiastically and he responded. 


„Welcome home, sweetheart!“ She cheered and kissed his cheeks few times.


„I’m happy to see you.“ Josh responded and kissed her cheek as well. 


Karen released him and gave her attention to Eve now, who was standing next to them and smiling.


„Oh Josh… she looks like a Disney princess.“ Karen said and pulled Eve into her arms right in the next second. 


Eve hugged her back, being deeply relieved. Karen was openhearted and kind and made her immediately feel comfortable. 


„Ya, I know. We should call her Cinderella.“ Josh joked. 


Roy joined them in the same moment and gave Josh a warm hug as well.


„You look good, son.“ He said, scanning him from head to toe. 


„You, too, dad.“ Josh replied. 


„Hi, Cinderella.“ He said next, smiling at Eve now. 


„Hi, Mr. Chasez. It’s such a pleasure meeting both of you.“ Eve replied.


„Dear lord, please don’t call me that. I’m Roy. And that’s Karen.“ He replied and hugged her. 


Eve hugged him back and continued smiling. 


„Let’s go inside. I’ll make some tea, darling.“ Karen said to Eve. 


Josh went back to the car to put the suitcases out of the trunk. Roy joined him.


„You never brought a Cinderella here.“ Roy joked to tease his son. 


„Dad, come on. I’m really tired of listening to those stupid comments about her look.“ Josh replied. 


Roy laughed. 


„Well, she’s nice.“


„She’s more than that, dad.“


„Means?“ 


„I’m gonna propose.“


Roy stared at him with his mouth open. Josh enjoyed shocking his dad and smiled shady.


„Jesus, son! Your mom will freak out!“ He replied, after sorting his mind. 


„I know. Can’t wait seeing her face.“ Josh replied. 


„But… it just have been few months. You really that sure about her?“


„It’s her, dad. I knew from the start.“ 


„I didn’t expect to witness you putting a ring on a girl’s finger one day. Looks like miracles really happen.“ Roy teased.



Karen and Eve went inside the house. Eve put her shoes off and made Karen smile.


„You already adapted his habits, hm?“


Eve smiled back.


„Not really. This shoe thing is something we have in common.“ Eve explained. 


„This is really sweet.“ 


Karen guided her into the kitchen and noticed that Eve was curiously watching their old-fashioned American interior. 


„Josh told me you’re an interior designer.“ Karen said. „That’s how you met, right? You redesigned his house. “ 


Eve nodded, smiling at her. There was no need letting her know that their story started a little earlier with an one-night-stand. 


„You have a pretty home, Karen. I just know those places from American movies.“ Eve said. 


Karen smiled back.


„Sit, my dear. I’ll make you something to drink. Is black tea okay or do you prefer some coffee?“


„I’m fine with both, thank you.“ Eve replied and sat down at the old wooden dining table.


„Actually we didn’t expect to meet you that fast.“ Karen chatted, while preparing the drinks.


„Oh, why that?“ Eve replied surprised. 


Karen was thinking how to explain, without giving Eve the feeling being one of plenty girlfriends her son was having in the past.


„What I’m trying to say is, that you must be very special to him as he brought you here.“ 


Eve flushed a little, smiling shyly.


„He’s very special to me as well.“ 


„I can see that, my dear. The way you look at him exposes all feelings you have.“


Eve looked surprised. 


„Oh, I didn’t know it was so obvious.“


„What is obvious?“ Josh asked, entering the kitchen with his dad.


„How much she loves you.“ Karen said. 


Eve flushed again, looking at Josh. He came closer with a big smile in his face. Then he bent down to her and kissed her lips gently. 



After having some tea and coffee together, Karen was busy preparing dinner. Eve enjoyed helping her in the kitchen, while Josh and Roy hung out in the living room and disturbed them in between by stealing food out of the pots. 


„Does Roy cook?“ Eve wanted to know.


„Absolutely not. He’s a hopeless case. Like Josh.“ Karen explained. 


„When Josh makes scrambled eggs for breakfast, usually it’s a little bit… crispy.“ Eve teased. 


„I heard that!“ Josh shouted from the living room and made both laugh.



Eve met Josh’s sister Heather and his brother Tyler and their families the same night, as they joined them for dinner. All of them were very open hearted and gave her the feeling being a part of their family. Lucy and Joey joined them as well.


Josh enjoyed the evening very much and felt even more connected to Eve than he did before. His heart was melting seeing her interacting with his family. She got easily involved in their conversations, always being kind and funny. 


After dinner everybody collapsed in the living room. Eve was having some wine and got tipsy, while Josh was enjoying some Bourbon with his dad and his brother. 


When Josh saw Joey going into the kitchen to get another beer, he used the chance talking to him privately and followed him.


„Joe, hey.“ Josh whispered. 


„What’s up, man?“ Joey asked.


„You’re in trouble.“


„What kind of trouble?“


„The girls were talking about you in the aircraft.“


 Joey frowned, waiting for more information.


„Lucy struggles with your long distance relationship. Did you know that?“ 


„Does she?“


„Yes and I’m pretty sure she’ll talk to you about this at some point. You have to be prepared.“


„Damn… you think she’s gonna dump me?“ Joey asked concerned.


„Not if you make clear, that you have serious intentions.“


„I do have serious intentions. But I can’t change the fact that she’s living on the other side of the country.“ 


„I guess you need to figure out how to deal with that problem.“


„Okay. But how?“


„Dunno, man. But if you want her, you need to find a solution soon.“ 


„Jeeeeez, why chicks always make things complicated?“ 


„What is complicated?“ They suddenly heard Eve saying. 


She sneaked into the kitchen when she saw them talking and smiled shady. Josh turned around and felt caught. 


„You told him.“ Eve said, seeing the guilty conscience in his eyes. 


„I would never do that, babe…“ He lied, trying hard acting serious. 


„Stop blaming him and help me fixing the problem!“ Joey intervened. 


Eve gave Josh an angry look. 


„Someone needed to warn him.“ Josh defended himself.


„You are a gossip!“ 


„I’m not!“


„Of course you are.“ Joey said. 


„Why you stab in my back, bro?“ Josh complained. 


„Can we go back to my problem, please?“ Joey replied. 


„Joey, just be smart and tell her that you wished having her around more often and that you’re struggling with the long distance situation. And do it before she starts the conversation. This will convince her you’re at the same page. At present all she wants is a commitment that you’re all in.“ Eve said. 


„Ya… that’s good.“ Joey said. 


„It’s not good. It’s brilliant. You owe me for this.“ Eve replied. 


„Snake!“ Joey teased. 


„And you my friend are in deep trouble for gossiping!“ Eve said to Josh, giving him another angry look. 


He was a little drunk from the Bourbon and pulled her into his arms with a naughty grin in his face. 


„You can punish me when we’re alone.“ He whispered temptingly in her ear. 


„Be sure I will.“ She whispered back. 


„Can’t wait…“ 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story