The cocktail bar was also having a beautiful terrace. Eve was standing on her own at the railing and drinking a glass of Champagne. Josh went outside and saw her from distance. He went into her direction, stepped close to her back and then put his arms around her waist tightly. 


„I’m sorry.“ He whispered in her ear and kissed it gently. 


Eve turned around, looking into his eyes now. She didn’t reply. 


„I was an idiot, Eve. Please forgive me.“ 


She looked at him for a further moment, before she finally answered. 


„Why are you always getting so mad about that reunion topic?“ 


Josh sighed and released her slowly. 


„That’s not the right place for having this conversation.“ 


„Why not? We’re all alone. And I think you owe me an explanation as this is the second time we’re getting into trouble because of this.“ 


„I don’t wanna talk about it, Eve.“ Josh said, turning upset again. 


„You promised you will some day.“


„Why you’re pushing me?“


„Because I want understand.“


„There will be no reunion. This is all you need to know.“


„That’s childish.“ 


„Really? You call me childish?“


„Yes, I do.“


Josh scoffed.


„Very obviously you have a trusting problem and I don’t think I gave you any reason treating me like this.“ She blamed him. 


„Eve, once again. I’ll talk about it, when I want it. Not when you want it.“


She was outraged now. 


„Why you’re so coldhearted? I don’t deserve all of this.“ 


Again he scoffed. 


„Who’s acting childish now, hm?“ He said cynically.


Eve stared at him in disbelief. 


„I’m gonna leave this situation now before I say something which I’m gonna regret in the end.“ 


„Really, you run away again?“


„I’m not running away, Josh. I’m just out of patience with you.“


„Okay, fine. That’s your party. I don’t need to be here at all. You know how Uber works so, enjoy your night.“ He said, turned around and left her alone in the next moment. 


Eve was processing hard. Her eyes filled with tears and she could do nothing about it. 



Josh rushed out of the cocktail bar into the hotel lobby. On his way to the exit, he suddenly stopped and sighed. 


„Fuck…“ He murmured. Then he turned around and saw a quiet corner with some armchairs right next to the exit. He let himself fall into one armchair and took a deep breath. He couldn’t leave Eve alone like this, even if he was really mad at her right now. He decided to wait as long as it would take to go home together with her. As there was no other exit from the bar, she needed to pass his way sooner or later. 



Two hours later Eve was drunk. She was sitting at the bar with Mateo. He filled her up after hearing what happened with Josh. He was drunk as well and realized that they should stop now before things would run out of control. 


„Girl, I have a room here. You can stay the night with me. I don’t mind.“ Mateo suggested. 


„No, I’m good. I’ll call Lucy to pick me up.“ Eve slurred. 


Then she grabbed her phone and dialed Lucy’s number. 



Justin was at home in the Hills. He needed to be in town for few days to finish his album while Jess and the boys stayed in Montana. 


Joey was in L.A. as well to spend the weekend with Lucy. Both visited Justin the same night to hang out together. When they left after midnight, Justin finished his beer in front of the telly and fell asleep. 


Suddenly he heard a cell ringing and woke up. He needed a moment to realize that it wasn’t his phone. Then he found Lucy’s cell hidden behind two pillows. He grabbed it and saw Eve’s name in the display. 


„Lulu. Ich bin betrunken. Bitte hol’ mich ab.“ Eve said, when Justin answered her call. 


„What did you say?“ Justin asked irritated. 


Eve frowned. 


„Joey? Is this you?“ Eve slurred, being surprised hearing a male voice instead of Lucy’s.


„No, it’s Justin.“ He answered. 


Eve was completely confused now. 


„Justin?! Why you’re answering Lucy’s phone?“ 


„Ehm… Joey and her hung out with me tonight. I found her phone at the sofa. She forgot it here.“ Justin explained. 


„Oh no…“ Eve said frustrated. 


Justin noticed that she was terribly drunk. 


„What’s wrong, Eve?“ He wanted to know. 


„Oh well… I’m in the Beverly Hilton.“


„Ya, I know. C told me. Your firm anniversary, right?“ 


„Yap…“


„So, what’s the matter? Did something happen?“


„Ehm… no… I… ehm… everything’s good…“


„Then why you called?“


„Oh… nothing important…“ 


Justin was sure she was lying to him. 


„Eve, is everything okay? C is with you, right?“


„Ehm… nope…“


„Nope?“


„Ya… some things went out of control tonight. But don’t worry. Mat is with me so… I’ll just stay the night with him in the hotel.“


„Who the fuck is Mat?“ Justin asked, turning upset that she was with another man.


„Mat is my friend.“


„And where is your friend right now?“


„Sitting next to me.“


„Eve, could you let me talk to Mat, please?“


„Why you wanna talk to Mat?“


„Please be so kind and just give him the phone, okay?


„Mattie?“ Eve slurred with a big grin in her face.


„Yes, hon?“


„Justin wanna talk to you.“


„Excuse me, what did you say???“ Mat said in deep excitement.


„Justin is in the line and wanna talk to you.“ 


„Why the hell Justin Timberlake wanna talk to me???“


„Dunno…“


Justin listened to their conversation and was rolling his eyes. He was turning more and more uneasy about the situation with every second. 


„Hello?“ Mat said in deep excitement.


„Hi, Mat. It’s Justin.“


„Oh my goodness! Oh my fucking goodness! It’s really you! I’m talking to Justin Timberlake!“ Mateo freaked out like a little girl. 


Justin noticed by the way Mateo was reacting, that he was very obviously not straight. Then he sighed relieved and smirked. 


„Mat, why is Eve that drunk?“


„Oh, she had a fight with Josh. It was pretty bad, Justin. Pretty bad.“


„And why, if I may ask?“


„Something about the *NSYNC reunion. But she refused telling me any details. Even when I made her drunk.“ 


„I see.“


Justin knew very well that Josh was freaking out every time when that topic came up. 


„Mat, where is C now?“


„Ehm well, we don’t know for sure. Probably at home. He left a while ago.“


„He left Eve alone?“


„Yap.“


Justin sighed. 


„Okay, listen. Tell her I’m gonna pick her up in few minutes and bring her home.“ 


„Of course I will, Mr. Timberlake.“


„Great, so, see you there in few minutes.“


„See you there in few minutes.“ Mat repeated and hung up in the next moment.


„What did you talk about?“ Eve slurred.


„Justin is coming here!!! Oh my goodness, finally it is happening!!! I will meet Justin Timberlake!!! Good lord, how do I look??? Do I look good???“


„Matty, relax and explain why he’s coming here!“ Eve replied. 


„He wants to bring you home, honey.“


„But I don’t wanna go home!“ She complained. 


„I don’t care what you want! All what matters to me is, that Justin will be here any moment!“ 



Fifteen minutes later Eve and Mateo left the cocktail bar and went into the lobby. They were chatting and giggling on their way to the front desk. 


Josh noticed them from distance but they didn’t notice him. He continued sitting in his armchair and just watched the scene. 


„Excuse meeeee.“ Mateo talked to the receptionist. 


„Yes, sir? How can I help you?“


„I have a room here. But I forgot the number.“ Mateo explained. 


Eve giggled again, standing right next to him. Then her cell rang. It was an unknown caller ID. 


„Hello?“ Eve slurred into the phone.


„It’s me. Where are you?“ Justin replied. 


„I’m here. Where are you?“ She answered.


„I’m at the entrance of the hotel. Now tell me where to find you.“ He said patiently. 


„I’m at the front desk. But I need to warn you. Mateo looks like he’ll kidnap you and I don’t wanna know what will happen then…“ She joked. 


Mateo looked at her and laughed dirty. Josh was still watching them and wondered who was talking to Eve at the phone. 


Justin shook his head, hung up and went inside the hotel. He was wearing black sweatpants, white sneakers and a grey hoodie. 


Josh saw him entering the lobby and couldn’t trust his own eyes. Immediately he thought about making Justin stop. But then he decided to look what would happen next instead. There was a magazine lying at the table in front of him. Josh grabbed it to hide his face. 


„Good lord. I believe I just peed myself…“ Mateo stammered, seeing Justin coming closer. 


Eve laughed hard. Justin arrived, standing in front of her. He shook his head again and smiled.


„Ms. Moneypenny.“


„Mr. Bond.“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story