Josh pulled her to the small dance floor. There was a bar stool standing in the center. A guitar was leaning against it. 


„Josh. What.Is.Happening?“ Eve asked and felt her heart starting to race. Her palms turned sweaty and her emotions were running out of control.


„Holy shit…. holy shit… he planned all of this… he must planned all of this…!!!“ She was thinking. 


„Stay here, my love.“ Josh said when they reached the dance floor and kissed the top of her head softly. 


Then he went to the stool, grabbed the guitar and sat down. 


Eve legs were shaking from excitement, like the rest of her body. She was completely overwhelmed and stared at him with pure disbelief, while the background music suddenly stopped. 


„I wrote a song for you…“ He said calmly and gave her a charming smile. „It’s called Everyday I love you.“ 


Eve was unable to say anything and just continued staring at him. He knew that he just made her speechless and enjoyed the moment. Then he started playing the guitar. Eve felt a deep shiver running down her spine over and over again as he finally begun singing.


I don’t know, but I believe

That some things are meant to be

And that you’ll make a better me

Everyday I love you


I never thought that dreams came true

But you’ve shown me that they do

You know that I learn something new

Everyday I love you


Just your touch when I feel bad

Just your smile when I get mad 

All the little things I am 

Everyday I love you


If I asked, would you say yes?

Together we are the very best

I know that I am truly blessed

Everyday I love you


[…]



Tears were dropping on Eve’s cheeks which she couldn’t control. Her whole body felt paralyzed while hearing him sing his emotional ballad for her. It was like the most beautiful dream and she just wished she would never wake up. 


When Josh finished the song, his own eyes were filled with tears. He looked at Eve who was still staring at him. His body and soul were full of love and devotion. At the same time he felt the deepest excitement he ever experienced in his life. Carefully he put the guitar aside and stood up. Then he went into her direction. Eve suddenly rushed towards him and fell around his neck. He grabbed her body, lifted her up and hugged her as tight as he could. His tears were dropping on her shoulder. They held each other for a moment, processing the emotional and intimate situation.


Finally Eve released him slowly. She was sobbing. Josh smiled calmly and wiped away her tears. 


„You know what comes next, right?“ He almost whispered.


Eve smiled with all her heart and nodded. 


Josh’s excitement was almost killing him. He wiped away his own tears and put a small black box out of his jacket. Then he knelt down in front of her. He opened the box and took her shaky hand. 


„I prepared a speech but honesty… I just forgot the text.“ He confessed and made her laugh. 


„I’m okay with freestyle…“ She said, while still fighting her tears. 


Josh looked into her eyes and turned serious. His heart was almost jumping out of his chest. 


„Eve Miller, I want you for the rest of my life. Will you give me the honor being my wife?“ 


Her heart immediately turned somersaults.


„YES!!!“ She shouted out loud.


Josh smiled all over his face and felt deeply relieved, even if he didn’t expect her saying no


„Ehm… may I stand up for the next part?“ 


Eve nodded again and helped him up. Still standing close to her, Josh took the ring out of the box. Then he put it carefully on Eve’s ring finger. 


„This is the ring of my biological grandmother.“ He explained. 


Once again Eve was completely overwhelmed and stared at him in disbelief.


„Are you serious?“


„Yes, my love. My mom got it from my biological mother and kept it all the years. Actually she lost hope that I will ever ask for it, but… I did… because I found you…“ 


Eve smiled from one ear to another and took a closer look. It was a delicate golden ring with an round diamond in the middle. The stone was surrounded by smaller diamonds. It was old-fashioned but still beautiful. She was deeply touched that he gave his grandmother’s ring to her. It was a great honor wearing such a precious symbol of their love on her finger. 


„I love it, Josh. And I love you. I can’t express in words how I feel right now. The wonderful song you wrote for me… the precious ring you gave to me… all of this feels completely unreal. I don’t know how to recover from all of this.“ She said. 


Josh put the empty box back into his jacket and cupped her face with both hands. Then he kissed her lips softly. 


„You have no idea how relieved I am that everything worked out.“ He said, after breaking their kiss.


„When did you plan all of this, honey? I really was thinking we’re going out because of my firm partnership.“ Eve asked curiously. 


Well, Rachel crossed my plans a little. But then I realized I can use the situation to distract you from what I planned for tonight.“ He explained. 


„But why you planned this for tonight? I mean, it’s just an ordinary Monday…“ 


„It’s not just an ordinary Monday, cupcake.“


„It’s not?“ Eve asked surprised. 


„Exactly six months ago, we met at this place.“ Josh explained. 


Eve gasped for air and placed one hand on her lips. 


„Oh my god, Josh… I… I wasn’t thinking about that… this is so brutally romantic!“ 


Josh smiled self satisfied. 


„I am a sucker for details. You should know that by now.“


„Silly me.“ Eve said and put her arms around his neck. 


Then she placed another soft kiss on his lips. 


„I can’t believe you wanna marry me. I didn’t expect all of this, honey.“ She continued talking. 


„I knew from the start it’s you or no one…“


„Is this true? Because it’s too good to be true…“


„It is true, my love. You’re the game changer.“ 


Eve giggled.


„I feel abnormally flattered being your fiancé, Mr. Chasez…“


„And I feel abnormally flattered for having such a beautiful fiancé…“


„Looks like we both believe having the better half of the deal.“


„Ya… lucky us…“


In the next moment the bar owner Pablo and his wife Maria appeared. Josh noticed first and released Eve slowly. 


„Baby, please meet my partner’s in crime: Pablo and Maria. 


Both smiled all over their faces as they reached the dance floor. 


„Congratulations!“ Pablo cheered and hugged Eve tightly in the next second.


Maria did the same with Josh. Then they switched.


„It’s so nice to meet you!“ Eve cheered back. 


„The pleasure is all ours.“ Maria replied. 


„Thank you once again for closing the bar tonight and helping with the whole organization.“ Josh said.


„Of course, my friend. It’s an honor for us, that you chose our bar for this special moment.“ Pablo answered.


„We are really happy for you and your gorgeous bride to be. If you wanna celebrate the wedding here, just let us now.“ Maria added.


„I love the idea but we will surely need more space for our guests.“ Josh said.


„Oh really?“ Eve replied, being a surprised, that he wouldn’t mind having a big party. 


„Well, in the end the bride decides.“ He responded and pulled Eve back into his arms. 



Eve was processing hard on their way back home. The last couple days were completely unreal. She’ve spent an amazing birthday weekend with Josh and their friends in Cuba. Lucy announced moving to Orlando. Rachel offered being partners. And out of the blue she was engaged to the man of her dreams. Of course there was also the incident with Justin. But she didn’t allow herself thinking about it any longer and pushed the memory and her guilty conscience out of her mind. 


„Honey…?“ She said after a while. 


Josh was having his right hand on her lap and holding hers. Their fingers were interlocked tightly. 


„Yes, my love?“


„How we gonna tell our friends?“ 


„Dunno… any suggestions?“ 


„Maybe we should tell them all at once?“


„We could use the group chat, which Eric made to share all photos from the trip to Cuba.“


„That’s a great idea.“ 


Eve took her cell out of her clutch and then put her hand back into Josh’s. She made a picture of their hands, making sure her engagement ring was in focus. Josh watched her and smiled. 


„I’m gonna post it now…“ She said, to make sure he was okay with that.


„Yes, go for it.“ 


Eve posted the pic in the group chat and felt deeply excited again. It took just seconds before everybody started replying. 


„IT.REALLY.HAPPENED!!! I’M FREAKING OUT!!!“ [Lance]


„OMG!!! Is that ring vintage???“ [Mike]


„Why on Monday? I don’t get it…“ [Chris]


„Huz! Stop bitching! I’m so happy for you two!!!“ [Karly]


„I’m crying. Badly. And I can’t stop…“ [Lu]


„She really does. How to calm her down??? Help!!!“ [Joey]


„Same here… this is too much for my nerves…“ [Mat]


„Congrats guys!!! This is so freakin’ awesome!!!“ [Jess]


„I told you, you will get her with 71Above. You’re welcome.“ [Eric]


„71Above??? OMG!!! Eric…?“ [Mat]


„Yes, Matty…?“ [Eric]


„Hey! That’s not the right place for your gay shit!“ [Chris]


„Excuse me, does anyone like Chris or can we just remove him from here?“ [Lance]


„Never liked him.“ [Jess]


„Who’s bitching now, hm?“ [Chris]


„Well done! Lucy don’t wanna have sex anymore cause she’s a mess now…“ [Joey]


„No one cares, Joey!“ [Mike]


„Jerks, can we just focus on the good news?“ [Karly]


[…]


Eve read the messages and laughed hard. 


„These guys are nuts. All they’re doing is dissing each other.“ She said to Josh. 


„I didn’t expect anything different.“ He smirked. 


Suddenly a private message appeared on her screen.


„Congrats, M. You’ll marry the best man I could ever imagine. He will love you unconditionally with all of his heart for the rest of your life. No one ever made him so happy like you do. He also deserves the best. And that’s why you are meant for him.“ [007]

Chapter End Notes:

Josh’s song for Eve is stolen from Boyzone from 1999. 


Unfortunately I’m still struggling with my time management. I try my best to write another chapter today but no promises ;)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story