Karen and Roy organized a party at their house for Eve and Josh on Saturday. They arrived the same day in the afternoon, appreciating the effort his parent’s made to celebrate their engagement. The house was full of family members, friends and neighbors. Roy and Tyler were responsible for the barbecue in the backyard, while Karen and Heather took care for drinks and side dishes. Eve and Josh were not allowed helping with the catering and just enjoyed being the center of interest. Eve was happy meeting further members from Josh’s family and he was glad that she get along with everybody so well. 


A little later that day Lucy and Joey also joined the party. Eve and Lucy fell into each others arms and couldn’t stop themselves from crying. Theirs lives would radically change very soon and they still needed to process the latest events. 


„So, are you going to Germany?“ Lucy wanted to know, when they finally found their way back to normal. 


„Yes, we will. After you brainwashed me, I decided to give it a chance.“ 


„And what about Josh? Is he looking forward going back to Europe?“


Eve smiled.


„I guess he is.“


„This is a good decision, Eve.“


„Ya, maybe you’re right.“



In the meantime Josh was joining his brother and his dad in the backyard and enjoying their delicious steaks. When Roy was distracted by a friend, Tyler used the chance to talk to Josh in private.


„So, about the wedding…“ Tyler started to talk.


Josh rolled his eyes, already knowing what would happen next. 


„Ty, this is a party. I don’t wanna talk to you as my lawyer right now.“


„I don’t care to be honest… so… what about a prenup?“


„It’s not gonna happen.“


„Wrong answer.“


„Listen. If I would have any doubts, I wouldn’t marry her.“ 


„This has nothing to do with doubts and you know that. A prenup is the most natural thing to do in your situation. And she will understand.“ 


„It’s not like I’m afraid to confront her with that topic. The thing is, I simply don’t want a prenup.“


„Josh, please don’t make things hard for me.“ 


„Just let it be, bro. You know you’ll lose that fight.“ 



Eve and Josh spent the night in Josh’s apartment in Daytona Beach. She loved the incredible location with its beautiful view at the ocean. The apartment was in the second floor and having a giant living area with a balcony. But as Josh announced, that place needed a redesign very urgently. The kitchen and the furniture was old and not in its best condition anymore. The wooden floor needed to be replaced as well and the walls were more then ready for some fresh painting. 


While Eve was making herself ready for bed, just wearing a white tanktop and panties, Josh entered the bathroom and grabbed her body from behind. Then he kissed her neck softly and rested his chin on her left shoulder. 


„Did you enjoy the party?“ He asked.


Eve smiled at him through the mirror. 


„I did. Everybody was so openhearted and kind. You’re truly blessed with all this people in your life, Josh.“


„I know, my love. I’m not taking it for granted.“ 


Eve finished applying her skin care, put her glasses on and turned into his direction.


„But the thing with this apartment…“ She said.


„What’s with this apartment?“


„Honestly, I have no idea how to manage the redesign at long distance while I’m dealing with my partnership. It’s a little too much at once…“


„Don’t worry about it. I’m sure we can live with the current situation for a little longer.“


„Actually it’s really hard to bear, honey. I don’t think this project can wait…“ 


„Okay. So, do you have another suggestion?“


„Well, as I will be the boss soon, I was thinking about giving the project to another designer from our team.“


Josh smirked.


„You already got the right attitude, boss.“ 


She smiled back cheeky. 


„Would you be okay with that? Of course I’m gonna supervise the whole project.“


Josh kissed her lips gently.


„Yes, I am. But don’t forget, I’m still paying with sexual favors.“


„As long you only pay the boss I’m totally fine with that. In advance of course.“ 


Josh grabbed her hips and lifted her up. She looped her legs around his waist, still smiling. 


„I’m very happy to pay my first installment right now…“ 



Eve woke up the next day, lying in Josh’s arm. She deeply inhaled his scent and hugged his chest. Waking up next to him was still the best feeling she could ever imagine. 


„This time it’s me who’s struggling with the jet lag.“ He murmured, still having his eyes closed. 


„You are struggling with the Bourbon, honey.“ She teased. 


„However…“


She smiled and kissed his lips softly. He kissed her back but still didn’t open his eyes.


„Okay. I’m gonna make a walk to the small supermarket around the corner for some groceries and you can relax a little longer. How does it sound?“


„Will there be breakfast in bed?“ 


„Lazybones.“


„Does that mean yes?“ 


She kissed him one more time.


„Fine. You’ll get breakfast in bed.“ 


Josh smiled self satisfied and immediately returned back to sleep. 



Eve noticed that it was a little cold outside this morning. As she didn’t pack any warm clothes, she decided taking Josh’s grey sweatshirt which he was wearing on their flight. 


„How can a man smell so damn good?“ She was thinking as she put it on. 


She liked the oversize look, combined with her denim shorts and white sneakers. Without any make-up and her hair just put together into a messing bun, she left the apartment.


She enjoyed making a short walk in the morning sun instead of taking the car. This was something she missed in Los Angeles a lot. 


After buying fresh bagels, eggs, some fresh fruits and vegetables, she made herself on her way back to the apartment. 


Suddenly she heard a woman shouting from behind. 


„BRONSON!!! BRONSON!!! NOOOOO!!!“ 


Eve turned around. In the very next second Bronson jumped up her legs and made her stumble. She hardly kept her balance. Few oranges fell out of her paper bag and rolled down the walkway.


„Holy shit!“ Eve was thinking, as she realized what was just happening. 


Bronson was still jumping up her legs, while his mommy was running into their direction. Being out of breath Jen stopped standing in front of Eve. She was wearing black yoga pants and a pink crop top. Her long hair was braided and she didn’t use any makeup this morning. Still she looked perfect as she always did. Both women looked at each other like seeing a ghost. 


„What.the.fuck?“ Jen finally said. 


Eve was still staring at her, while Bronson didn’t calm down, yet. Then she looked at the dog, finally understanding what was going on.


„You’re smelling your daddy, right? It’s because I’m wearing his sweatshirt.“ She said to Bronson. 


She knelt down, put her paper bag aside and hugged him. Bronson licked her face and relaxed slowly.


Jen was watching the scene, still processing hard. 


„What are you doing here?“ She wanted to know. 


„Oh ehm… we visited Josh’s family and stayed the night at his apartment.“ Eve explained.


Then she stood up slowly. 


„Ya, right. I completely forgot about the apartment.“ Jen replied. 


„Are you living here?“ Eve asked curiously. 


„Yes, I do. I bought a place few blocks from here a while ago.“ Jen answered.


Eve forced a smile.


There was an awkward silence for few seconds. 


„Ehm, I need to pick up my stuff before someone stumbles.“ Eve finally said and begun picking up the oranges.


„Is this an engagement ring?“ Jen suddenly asked. 


She noticed the ring right away when Eve was hugging Bronson. But she needed a moment to find the courage for asking. 


Eve felt more uncomfortable now as she already did and gave Jen an shy look. 


„Yes.“ She answered. 


Jen felt hurt. She wasn’t in love with Josh anymore. But still it was hard to handle, that he proposed to another woman within such a short time but never considered proposing to her. Eve could see what was going on in Jen’s mind and felt pity for her.


„I’m sorry, Jen. I didn’t want to…“ 


Jen interrupted her.


„You didn’t.“ She lied.


Eve forced another smile. 


„Everything happens for a reason, right?“ Jen added. 


Eve was surprised about this reaction. 


„I guess…“


„Okay, so… good luck for you. Tell Jay I said hi.“


„I will.“


Jen bent down to leash Bronson. Then she left the situation. Eve watched them walking away and needed a moment to sort her mind before she returned to the apartment. 



She was still lost in thoughts while preparing breakfast and coffee. As she finished she put everything on a tray and went into the bedroom. She placed the tray at their bed and then opened the curtains to let more light inside the room. 


Josh woke up slowly. 


„I smell coffee and fried eggs…“ He said with a big grin in his face.  


Eve smiled and sat down next to him. He stretched himself and raised his upper body. 


„I could get used to breakfast in bed.“


„I bet you do.“ She replied and handed him his coffee. 


„Why are you wearing my sweatshirt?“ He asked while taking a sip. 


„Oh, about that… you won’t believe what happened on my way back from the supermarket…“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story