The same night Eve was lying in bed with her phone in her hand. She was thinking about, if she should ask Jess how she was doing. 


Josh was in the bathroom, brushing his teeth.


„She’s surely not okay. Act like a friend and just do it.“ She encouraged herself. 


„How are you, Jess? It’s breaking my heart you and T are struggling. If there’s something I can do for you, please just let me know.“ [Eve]


„Hypocrite.“ [Jess]


Eve’s heart dropped when she read Jess’ reply. What the hell was going on? But there was no time to think. Josh just returned from the bathroom and started undressing himself. She was staring into his direction and trying to sort her mind quickly.


„This look in your face is concerning. Should I go to the gym more often?“ He asked irritated. 


„What? No! Baby, you’re hot as hell. I really enjoy what I see.“ She replied.


„Then what is it?“ 


„I was just thinking about Justin and Jess.“ 


Josh put his clothes into the laundry bin and laid down next to her. He was completely naked as she was. 


„I know, it’s a disaster. And it’s very cute you’re caring so much. But now… I want you…“ He said temptingly.


Then he moved closer and laid down on top of her. Eve spread her thighs and felt him getting hard quickly. Playfully he started kissing her neck, before his lips moved up her chin and met hers. 


He placed few soft kisses on her mouth, before he carefully nibbled on her lower lip. This was something he never did before. Eve stopped breathing for few seconds, having a sudden flashback. She remembered Justin doing the same to her when they kissed in the water. 


„What the hell…?!“ She was thinking.


She tried very hard pushing the memory out of her mind as quick as it appeared and kissed him harder. Then she raised her upper body a little bit. 


„You wanna come on top?“ He talked into her mouth.


„Yes…“ 


In the next moment Josh turned on his back and made her sit at his lap.


„Baby, let’s try to behave quietly…“ He said, as Justin was sleeping in the guest room next door…



Next morning Eve woke up early as she needed to be in the office on time. She was having a meeting with Rachel and Mateo to look through the contracts as the lawyer finally send the papers. Josh was still sleeping peacefully. She decided not waking him up and sneaked out of bed to make herself ready. 


After a quick shower she put on her usual makeup and waved her hair a little bit. Then she put on an airy summer dress with an colorful floral print, kissed Josh gently goodbye and went downstairs. 


Before leaving, she made a cup of coffee and checked some news at her phone. She noticed that she was running out of time and just decided finishing her cup on her way to work. 


Being still engrossed in her cell, she left the kitchen and suddenly run into Justin, who was on his way inside. 


Her coffee splashed on his shirt. 


„FUCK! THIS IS SO HOT!“ He yelled.


„OH NO!“ She yelled back.


Justin grabbed the shirt and put it off hastily. Eve was staring at him, processing the unexpected situation. His chest got burned a little at some spots and turned red. He looked down his body and then at Eve. 


„It’s official. Someone always gets hurt when we’re on our own.“ He said. 


„This is really concerning, isn’t it?“ She replied. 


He nodded and gave her a soft smile.


„You want a cooling pack? Or should I call ambulance?“ She teased. 


„Cooling pack.“


„Really?“


„Really.“


Eve shook her head and returned into the kitchen. She put her cup aside and grabbed the cooling pack out of the freezer. Then she went back to Justin an pressed it against his chest.


„AHHHHH! THAT’S FREAKIN COLD!“ He complained. 


Eve shook her head again. 


„Pussy.“


Justin frowned. 


„You hurt me and now you insult me. This is not nice, M…“ He pouted. 


She chuckled and continued cooling his burned spots. 


„Hey T… I have a question.“ She suddenly said, turning serious.


„Which question?“


„Look. I wanted to know how Jess is doing and wrote her a message yesterday night…“


„Oh…“ Justin said, turning uneasy. 


Eve noticed and looked into his eyes, before she continued talking.


„She wrote back, calling me hypocrite.“ 


Justin stared back at her, not knowing what to do next.


„Any ideas why she called me this?“ Eve wanted to know. 


Justin still stared, before taking a deep breath.


„She knows…“


Eve immediately turned pale and her knees gone weak.


„She knows what, Justin…?“ She stammered.


„About the kiss.“


Eve was suddenly feeling sick and stepped back from him. She really believed she needed to puke any moment.


„You told her? Why you told her, Justin? We said we keep quiet…“ She almost whispered, being in deep shock. 


He sighed deeply, before he replied. 


„The reason why I am here… the reason for our fight…“ 


He suddenly stopped, not knowing how to describe the situation the best way.


„Tell me Justin.“ She said impatiently. 


„Jess and I… I can’t remember… when we’ve been close for the last time… She’s pushing me away, no matter when… or how I try to… you know what I mean…“


Eve listened but didn’t understand, what this information got to do with his confession. Justin continued talking.


„On Saturday night, when Lance and Michael left, things suddenly went out of control. I was deeply frustrated and blamed her for not loving me anymore. As always, she didn’t take me seriously. It made me even more furious. I asked her, if she was seeing someone else. Then she freaked out as well. The fight turned pretty ugly. We started to blame each other for mistakes we did in our past and got more and more upset about the whole situation. She hurt me with things she said and I wanted to hurt her back. And then, out of the blue, I confessed. I wanted her to know what I did. I even blamed her that she made me doing this because she was constantly pushing me away.“


Eve grabbed a stool. She needed to sit down urgently. She was trying to sort her mind and not to freak out any second. 


„I was drunk Eve… I didn’t know what I was doing. And I’m deeply regretting I didn’t keep my word…“ He added. 


Eve didn’t know how to keep her emotions under control. Her hands were shaking and she was still feeling sick. But she needed to pull herself together somehow. There was no other way. 


„Justin… I can’t believe that you did this. How on earth should I deal with the situation now? It’s too late for honesty and asking for forgiveness! It’s simply too late! We decided not telling anyone… Josh will never forgive me for hiding things!“ 


Her mind was running out of control. She was afraid breaking down any moment. Justin noticed that she was panicking and came few steps closer. Then he grabbed her hands.


„Eve, you don’t need to worry about it. If you want, I’m gonna talk to him. I will explain that you didn’t want this. I will tell him I asked you to keep quiet and that you just tried to keep the damage low for me and Jess. I promise, you and C will be okay.“


„But this is not the truth! I don’t wanna replace a lie through another one, Justin!“


„This is not a lie. I kissed you. Not the way around.“


„But I kissed you back! I didn’t make you stop!“ 


„You made me stop, Eve.“ 


„But it was too late!“


Justin closed his eyes for a short moment and sighed one more time.


„Eve, listen to me. You are not responsible for the problems between me and Jess. Things were going out of control long time ago. I don’t know if we will ever be good again. But you and C… you will be good…“



Eve was sitting in her meeting with Rachel and Mateo, hardly paying attention. She arrived late. Mateo immediately noticed that something must have happened.


„So…“ Rachel finally said. „Are you okay with the terms of contract?“ 


„Yes, it looks good so far. Just let us read everything through once again. You’ll get the signed papers by tomorrow.“ Mateo said, glancing at Eve. 


She didn’t react. 


„Eve? You’re okay with this?“


„Hm? What? Ya, sure. Let’s do this.“ She replied.


Rachel smiled. 


„As soon as you signed, we should talk to the staff. Some of them already asked questions, as they’ve been seeing us together in meetings that often.“ She said.


„Of course.“ Mateo said. 


Then he stood up. Eve did as well. Both left Rachel’s office with the documents in their hands.“


Mateo immediately grabbed Eve’s arm and pulled her into the kitchen. As no one was around, he closed the door and gave her an furious look.


„What the hell is wrong with you, hm?!“ He blamed her. 


Eve just stared at him.

„You came twenty minutes late to one of the most important meetings in our lives! And very obviously you didn’t listen to a single word we said!“


Eve closed her eyes and took a deep breath, before she replied. 


„Justin and Jess had a serious fight. He told her about the kiss.“


Immediately tears dropped on her cheeks which she couldn’t control.


„Jesus.Christ.“ Mateo said in deep shock. 


He grabbed his head and started running up and down nervously. 


„Why the hell he did that???“ 


„Jess hurt him somehow. He decided to hurt her back and just told her…“ 


Mateo shook his head in disbelief.


„And then what?!“


„Then he went to our place and got drunk, while we’ve been celebrating our engagement in Florida.“


„Are you serious?“


„I am. He’s still there. This morning he explained to me what happened with Jess, while Josh was still asleep.“


„This must be a nightmare…“


„It is a nightmare, Matty. I knew hiding the truth was a mistake. We should have be honest about this from the start. Josh will never forgive me. He will be endlessly disappointed. And I can’t blame him for that. I kissed his best friend and didn’t tell him. I don’t deserve being forgiven. I messed up everything. Imagining, how much this will hurt him is killing me from inside. I hate myself that I did this to him… I hate myself so much, Matty…“ 


„Girl! Stop blaming yourself and think! We need a strategy how to deal with this!“


„No, we don’t! There is no way to keep the secret any longer! Jess knows and she has absolutely no reason to keep quiet! I must talk to him before she does…“ 


„Eve… this is a serious mess… I mean… your engagement…“ Mateo stammered.


„He deserves the truth. If this means that he breaks our engagement…“


Eve couldn’t finish the sentence as she broke down mentally. Mateo came closer and pulled her into his arms. 


„Maybe I should talk to him. This is all my fault. I told you to keep quiet…“


„Matty, it makes no sense pulling you into this shit. You did nothing wrong. It was me and Justin. And now we have to deal with the consequences…“ 

 

Chapter End Notes:

As I'm struggling with my time management on weekends, I can't promise if there will be a chapter tomorrow.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you still enjoy! 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story