Eve returned into the master bedroom, put off her bathrobe and sneaked back in Josh’s arm. She still felt excited and confused about Justin’s behavior and caught herself thinking about what would have happened, when she let him open her bathrobe. 


„Get the fuck out of my head, Justin!“ She thought and tried hard to distract herself somehow. 


She glanced at Josh who was sleeping peacefully. Then she moved her hand down his chest slowly and started kissing his shoulder and his neck. As soon as her fingers reached his most sensitive parts, he started waking up and groaned silently. Eve felt him harden fast in her hand. 


„Baby… what’s going on?“ He whispered, while she continued kissing her way up to his lips. 


„I want you…“ She whispered back.


„Again?“


„Yes…“ 


Josh’s opened his eyes slowly and smiled. Eve reached his lips and sucked them playfully. He cupped her face with one hand and started kissing her passionately. At the same time he raised his upper body and turned around to lay down on top of her. 


„Are you having trouble falling asleep?“ He talked into her mouth. 


„No… I just want to feel you inside of me…“ She answered. 


He entered her slow, but deep. 


Like this…?“


She gasped for air.


„Yeeeees…“ 



„Congratulations!“ Rachel cheered happily and fell around Eve’s neck. 


Then she did the same to Mateo. Both just signed their partnership contracts and were just one step away from owning a third of Rachel’s firm each. 


„I asked the notary for a meeting by the end of the week and still wait for confirmation.“ Rachel said and started opening a bottle of Champagne.


She popped the corks and filled three glasses. Then all of them clinked and took a sip. 


„I’m so relieved everything went well with my bank.“ Mateo said. 


„So am I, darling.“ Rachel replied. 


„Thank you for all your trust, Rachel. You can be sure of, we will do anything to keep that firm’s reputation and its unique company culture. You are a very appreciated role model for me and Matty and that’s why we’re deeply honored you chose us being your successors.“ Eve said next. 


„Gosh, stop that or I’ll cry my eyes out!“ Rachel replied, being almost touched into tears. 


Eve hugged her once again and Mat did as well. 


„So, I suggest, we schedule a meeting after lunch to tell everyone.“ Rachel said next.


Both nodded and finished their glasses. Then they left Rachel’s office. 



„How are things at home with JC and JT?“ Mateo asked Eve, on their way into the kitchen to have some coffee. 


„Everything is pretty fine, as Josh still doesn’t know about the kiss. Justin asked me to wait with the confession until Jess leaves for Montana at the weekend. I agreed, as it makes no sense opening Pandora’s box while he’s still living with us.“ Eve explained. 


„And Jess will keep quiet?“ 


„He’s convinced she will.“ 


„Then you have enough time left to prepare yourself for that unpleasant conversation.“


„I’m turning sick every time I think about how much I’m gonna hurt him, Matty.“


„Well, maybe it won’t be that bad. It was just a stupid kiss which meant nothing to you. I’m not trying to play it down, but I still believe you didn’t leave the grey zone.“


„The grey zone?“ 


„Yes, the grey zone between cheating and not cheating.“ 


„I don’t believe there’s such a zone, Matty.“ 


„Because you have no idea how the world works, my dear. Before Josh, you’ve been together for ages with the same guy and simply missed the progress of the modern way of love.“ He teased. 


Eve raised an eyebrow and gave him an resigning look.


„If you say so…“ 


„Yes, I do. Today everything is possible. You make the rules and no one else does. Imagine, you could be with both cuties at ones. How does that sound, hm?“ Mateo asked, with a naughty grin in his face. 


„Dear lord… I don’t wanna imagine that scenario.“


„Why not? It’s kind of hot, isn’t it?“


„Matty, stop. We’re really losing the point here…“ 


„Grinch.“ 



Sarah’s face turned pale when Rachel announced the changes in the firm after lunch break. She was sure of, that the next thing for her to do was looking for a new job. She rushed back to her desk and tried hard to sort her mind. Karma was definitely not her friend lately. 


The rest of the staff was also very surprised about the news but seemed to be open minded. Eve and Mateo gave a short speech and promised there would be a work party soon to say goodbye to Rachel and to celebrate the start of a new era. 


„The burning question is, who’s getting my office?“ Rachel asked, after the staff meeting.


„What about sharing? It’s big enough for both of us.“ Eve suggested. 


„Sounds great. I spend most of my time in your office anyway.“ Mateo replied.  


 Both women smiled. Then Rachel left them alone. 


„Did you see Sarah’s face? I had the impression she might pass out any second.“ Eve said next. 


„Hell, yes. And I enjoyed every second of it.“


„Should we tell her now, that we are not firing her or do we wait until tomorrow?“ 


„I suggest we wait till the end of the week. That little snake didn’t deserve any better.“ Mateo joked. 



When Eve returned home the same day, there was a suspicious silence in the house.


„Hello? Joshtin? Anyone there?“ She shouted, while putting off her shoes. 


Then she went into the kitchen. 


„CONGRATULATIONS BOSS!!!“ Josh and Justin cheered at once. 


Eve smiled all over her face. There was a giant chocolate cupcake standing at the kitchen island, looking absolutely delicious. Just next to the cake there were to present boxes with bows on top. 


„This is so cute! Thank you boys!“ She cheered back. 


Josh came few steps closer and pulled her into his arms.


„I’m abnormally proud of you, my love. You will rock that firm.“ He said and kissed her lips gently. 


„Thank you for saying that. It means a lot to me, Josh.“ She replied and kissed him once again. 


When they released each other, Justin came towards her and pulled her into a deep hug as well. 


„I’m pretty sure I’ve never seen such a tiny boss.“ He teased. 


„Then you should watch Zoomania urgently.“ She joked. 


He gave her a peck on her cheek and released her. 


„So, do we have cake for dinner?“ She asked with anticipation. 


„Well, as C didn’t allow me to cook anything, we decided going out and eating that cake for dessert.“ Justin answered. 


„But first, open your presents.“ Josh added. 


Eve still smiled from one ear to another. She stepped in front of the counter and took the bigger box first.


„This is from me.“ Justin said proudly with a big smile in his face.


Eve curiously opened it and frowned.


„You bought me an office golf kit?!“ She asked and started laughing. 


„Every big boss has an office golf kit. It’s a law.“ Justin replied.


„Okay if you say so, I won’t deny. Thank you, T.“


She hugged him once again heartily. Then she glanced at the much smaller box. 


„Is this from you?“ She asked Josh. 


He nodded. Eve opened the present. 


„Oh my god… Josh… you… you bought me a Rolex…?“ She stammered. 


„Every big boss has a Rolex. It’s a law.“ Josh said and smiled. 


She was processing hard and put the watch carefully out of its box to take a closer look. It was the Lady Datejust model with a silver bracelet and a rosé gold diamond-set dial. 


„There’s an engraving on the backside…“ Josh explained, while enjoining her reaction.


Eve glanced at him and turned the watch around to read the engraving. 


Every second, I love you more. Josh.


„I don’t know what to say… it is so beautiful… and precious…“ She almost whispered. 


She didn’t notice when tears started dropping on her cheeks. 


„Thank you so much… I’m completely overwhelmed…“


„Josh was touched as well and came a step closer. Then he took the watch out of her hand. He opened the lock and grabbed her left wrist to put it on. It fitted perfectly. Eve was staring at her wrist, still trying to sort her mind. He lifted her chin and smiled. 


„So… you like it, hm…?“ He asked calmly. 


„I love it. I can’t express in words how much…“ She replied and kissed him softly. 


„I don’t wanna interrupt your disgustingly cheesy moment, but I’m starving.“ Justin said. 


Both looked at him and rolled their eyes. 


„You suck so much sometimes.“ Josh complained. 


„Stop insulting me just because I’m hungry.“ He talked back.


„Kids can’t be worse.“ Eve teased and gave him a wink. 



Eve was early at work in the next morning and passed the front desk with Justin’s present under her arm. Sarah was already there. 


„Good morning.“ She said, trying hard sounding friendly. 


„Wow. You talk to me again. Something must have happened.“ Eve replied cynically and returned to Sarah’s desk. 


„Am I fired?“ Sarah asked directly. 


„Why should I fire you?“


„Because you can?“


„Na… that’s too easy.“ Eve replied. 


Then she continued walking. 


„Hey, what’s this?“ Sarah asked to make her stop. 


„An office golf kit.“ Eve answered. 


„I meant the ring on you finger.“ 


„It is what it is…“ 


„JC proposed?!“ Sarah asked in disbelief. „How the hell you managed that?!“ 


Eve returned to her desk again. 


„Sarah, listen to me. The reason why you’re still working here is, that I believe there is still some decency somewhere inside of you. I appreciate that you didn’t spread the rumors online about Josh and Jen being together again, although you told me you would. If you want us getting along with each other, I expect you being discreet about my engagement or anything else concerning my private life. Are we clear?“ 


„Yes, we are.“ Sarah replied.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story