After eating pizza Eve fell asleep at the sofa. She was so exhausted, that she just passed out within seconds. Suddenly the doorbell rang. Eve frightened and raised her upper body. The doorbell rang once again. 


„Don’t you dare showing up here!“ Eve was talking to herself, imagining it might be Josh. 


She stood up and went to the front door. Then she checked the camera and saw Mateo’s face. 


„How do you know I am here?“ Eve asked through the intercom. 


„Justin.“ Mateo replied.


Eve rolled her eyes.


„What do you want?“


„I want to talk.“


„Nope.“ 


„Eve Miller! You open up that fucking door right now!“ Mateo ordered. 


Eve was absolutely not in the mood for any kind of conversation. But she did what her friend demanded. She didn’t wait until he arrived upstairs and returned into the living room to tidy up a little. With the empty pizza box in her hand she turned around to go into the kitchen. That’s when she saw Josh entering the apartment. 


„WHAT THE HELL?!“ She shouted. 


Josh closed the door and put off his shoes.


„KEEP THEM ON! YOU’RE LEAVING RIGHT NOW!“ She hissed. 


Josh stayed calm, but didn’t follow her order. He came few steps closer with a very concerned look in his face. Eve lost weight and looked very skinny. She had dark circles under her eyes. Her hair was a mess. He also noticed that she was wearing one of his sweatshirts. The fact that she took his clothes gave him hope that she didn’t leave for good. 


„Let’s talk.“ He replied, still staring at her. 


„Oh? Now you wanna talk?“ She replied cynically. 


„I needed some time to process.“ He explained.


„I understand that, Josh. But still, I expected you to tell me where you are and what is going on! How could you just disappear for two weeks without a single word?!“ She blamed him harshly. 


„You made out with my best friend.“ Josh replied.


He was turning upset about the way she was talking to him. It was her who caused the mess. That’s why he didn’t see any reason for justifying his behavior. 


„I made a big mistake. I know that. Still, the way you dealt with the whole situation is not okay!“ She continued blaming him. 


„You’re not making the rules how I should behave after I’ve learned what you did to us.“ He talked back. 


Eve raised her eyebrows and gave him an outraged look.


„Oh, please excuse me for having different expectations!“


„Stop that tone Eve. It’s not helping.“


„So, it’s you now who tells me how to behave?!“ 


Josh sighed, trying hard not losing his temper. 


„You know what’s the worst part about the whole story? It’s him who told me the truth. Not you.“ 


Eve’s eyes filled with rage. 


„I can’t believe what I am listening to!“ 


„Why you weren’t honest, Eve? Tell me, because I don’t understand!“ 


„Justin asked me to wait until Jess was out of town! That’s why!“ 


„It makes not sense what you’re saying! It happened in Cuba, for god’s sake! This was the moment to tell the truth!“ 


„I know that…“


„Then why you didn’t say anything?“ 


Eve didn’t know how to reply. Telling him that Mateo convinced her keeping the secret was not an option. 


„I was afraid about the consequences.“ She said instead. 


Josh shook his head and gave her a dismissive look. 


„I never believed you were capable being this way. I believed you were different.“


„So, what do you want me to do now?! Going on my knees and begging for forgiveness?! I can’t make things undone! I wished I could but I just can’t, Josh!“ 


„Are you really regretting what you did? Or did it give you a thrill having his tongue in your throat, fangirl?“ 


Eve was deeply shocked he was talking to her like this. She understood he was disappointed and still mad at her. But this was too much. 


„Someone who run back into his ex’s arms should better be careful with this kind of statements.“ She hissed. 


Josh shook his head, before replying. 


„We’ve had a similar situation once, remember? Why you still believe something is going on between me and Jen?“


„So, you’re saying it’s just a consistence that those pictures of you and her appeared in the yellow press right now?!“


„I’m not you, Eve! I’m not doing this kind of shit to someone I love!“ He blamed her. 


„I AM SORRY! I’M SO FUCKING SORRY, JOSH!“ She screamed. 


Josh just stared at her for a moment, while tears were dropping on her cheeks. He wanted to pull her into his arms and tell her that they would be good again. He wanted them to be good badly. But something inside of him was keeping him up. He never broke his own rules. He never forgave anyone for betraying him the way she did. Forgiving was so much harder than he ever imagined. 


„I should go now.“ He said instead. 


He turned around and slipped into his sneakers, before leaving the apartment. Eve watched him disappear, without saying another word. 


When the door closed itself, Eve was still staring into its direction to sort her mind. She was even more convinced now that there was no way back. She needed to face the truth that they would never be good again. 



„What happened?!“ Mateo asked in deep excitement, when Josh returned into his car. 


He was waiting inside, being Josh’s partner in crime.


„Thank you Matty for helping to talk to her. But obviously Justin was right. This was not the right moment for making peace.“ Josh explained. 


„Why not?!“ Mateo asked. 


Josh sighed. 


„We both lost our shit.“


„Damn it, Chasez! I was convinced you would make things right! Do you have any idea what will happen to me for helping you?!“ 


„I’m sorry. I hope she’ll not be too harsh…“


„She will beat the shit out of me, man!“


„I’m really sorry…“ 

 

Chapter End Notes:

There are two new chapters today as I couldn't upload it within one chapter.

I'm happy being back and writing again. I'll try giving you a daily upload as ususal. Hope you enjoy. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story