„No… this can’t be… is he trying to kill you???“ Eve thought, not being able to stop staring. 


„Hi.“ Josh said and enjoyed shocking her. 


He was having his hands in his pockets and smiling sexy. 


„Hi.“ She replied. 


„Eve. If you don’t pull yourself together now, you’re screwed. Come on! Pull yourself together!“ She thought.


„Ehm… it’s nice to see you again.“ She said and smiled. 


„I feel the same way about you.“ Josh replied.


„New hairstyle, hm?“ 


„Yes. It was time…“


Eve bit her lower lip. He could read in her face that she liked the way he looked. 


„Shall we go?“


She nodded and followed him outside to his car, which he parked in front of the building. 


„What about the Grove? They opened up a new Italian restaurant.“ He suggested after starting the engine.


„Yes. It’s sounds great.“ She replied. 


Eve was brutally nervous. That man was doing things to her she never felt before. His new haircut was stunning. He was looking too good now. This was too much for her nerves. 


Josh was aware of what he was doing to her and enjoyed it. The appointment at the hairdresser paid off. He thought it was extremely sweet that Eve was not able hiding her emotions. The nervous look in her face completely exposed her. 


„Are you okay?“ He asked carefully.


„Hm.“ Eve sighed. 


Josh raised his eyebrows. 


„What does that mean?“


Eve closed her eyes for a second, before she answered. 


„Josh… what are we doing? I mean… this is not a business lunch, right?“ 


„It’s not.“ He said and gave her a smile. 


„But I’m working for you…“


„Do you believe Rachel will give you a hard time because of this?“ 


„No, I guess she doesn’t care about those things. Actually, I believe she has sex with countless clients.“


Josh laughed.


„So, sex with clients is not a dealbreaker?“ 


„Well, not for Rachel…“


„And for you?“


Eve sighed again. 


„Look… I wanna do a good job with your house. It’s really important to me.“


„I know. And I appreciate this.“


„This project is my priority right now.“


„I understand. But what does that mean… for us?“


„It means that I need to focus on my job first.“


„And when the job is done?“


„I guess I will be ready for new priorities…“


Josh smiled all over his face. Eve did as well. 


„I can deal with that time schedule.“ He said.


„Really?“ 


„Really.“


„So… what are the rules until you finish redesigning my house?“ He wanted to know next. 


„Keeping things casual.“ 


Josh was processing. Then he continued talking.


„Can I still ask you out?“


Eve smiled again. 


„Yes. It would be nice.“


He smiled back and took her hand now.


„And… can I hold your hand?“ 


Eve nodded, enjoying his touch. 


„And… can I kiss your hand?“ 


Eve nodded again, while her heart was turning somersaults now. 


Josh grinned cheeky, raised her hand and kissed one finger after another softly. 


Screw that ridiculous agreement, Eve! You will break it and you know it!“ She thought. 


They arrived in the next moment. Josh parked his car in the parking garage and they went to the Italian restaurant. On their way Josh was enjoying Eve’s look. He was surprised she was dressed that formal today but he liked it. Her heels were giving him a really hard time. She looked abnormally hot wearing them. 


Eve walked next to him now and looked up to him. Then she suddenly grabbed his hand. Josh looked at her surprised.


„Don’t give me that surprised look. I told you holding hands is okay.“ She said and gave him an innocent smile. 


„Your rules, Mama.“ He said cheeky and squeezed her hand gently. They walked like this for the rest of their way.


„Hi, I made a reservation. A quiet table, please.“ Josh said, when they arrived at the restaurant. 


„Of course, Mr. Chasez. Please follow me.“ He waiter said. 


Eve wondered why the waiter knew who he was.


„I thought, that place is new? Have you been here before?“ She asked curiously, while sitting down at their table.


„Ehm, no.“ Josh replied, turning a little nervous now.


If he was honest, he liked it that she had no idea who he was. He didn’t want to keep her in the dark on purpose but he also wasn’t interested letting her know too early. At present he was enjoying her genuine interest in him. It was a good feeling to be just a random human being for a change. 


„How come the waiter knows your name?“ She continued asking. 


„Because the waiter knows me.“ Josh explained. 


„Oh.“ Eve replied. 


It made sense to her that they knew each other for another reason and she didn’t ask further questions. 


„I know this isn’t a business lunch but… is it okay if the workmen and I come to your place at nine on Monday? You have a housekeeper right? I mean, I don’t expect you being around.“ Eve said. 


Josh smiled. The waiter just brought their drinks. 


„I have a housekeeper. But I’ll be at home anyway, so don’t worry. One of us will let you in.“ 


„You will be at home?“ Eve asked surprised. 


„I work from home.“ He explained.


„Oh. Rachel mentioned you produce music. Is that right?“ 


„Yes I do. I got my own studio in the basement.“ 


„Really? I would love to see that.“


„Sure. Anytime.“ 


„And what kind of music do you produce?“ 


„Depends what my clients expect me to do. I really enjoy to create music of all kind of styles. But in the end mostly it’s pop.“ 


„This sounds really interesting, Josh. You surely know famous people.“


Josh laughed.


„Ya, I do know famous people. 


„Uh… this is kind of exciting.“ She confessed.


„What is exciting?“


„Knowing someone who knows famous people.“ She giggled.


Josh needed to admit it once again. She was the cutest girl he ever met.



After finishing their dishes, Josh paid the check. 


„Thank you.“ Eve said smiling. 


„It’s my pleasure.“ He replied. 


When they left the restaurant, Josh grabbed her hand again. Eve looked at him.


„This is nice.“ She said calmly. 


„Yes. This is nice.“ He replied. 


When they finally arrived at Eve’s office, Eve kissed his cheek gently.


„Hey ehm… you wanna hang out at the beach at the weekend? Weather should be good.“ Josh asked before she disappeared.


She gave him another of her charming smiles. 


„Yes. I would love doing that.“ She answered. 


Josh smiled back.


„I’ll call you.“ 


Eve nodded. Then she left his car, closed the door and waved him goodbye. 



Being completely lost in her own world, Eve entered the lobby. 


„Lucky bitch.“ She heard Sarah saying, while passing her desk. 


Eve looked at her irritated. 


„How did you manage that, Eve? I am literally dying of jealously.“ Sarah admitted. 


„Are we talking about Josh?“ Eve asked, still being confused. 


„You call him Josh?“ Sarah asked surprised.


„Well, yes. That’s his name.“ 


„I know that’s his name but I didn’t expect you being THAT close.“ 


Eve frowned. 


„What are you talking about?“


„You’re sleeping with him, right?“


„Why would you say that?“


„Because I saw the way he’s looking at you. He’s so hooked.“


Eve flushed.


„Sarah. He’s my client. End of the story.“


„Of course he is.“ She replied cynically, giving her a dirty grin.



The same day Josh met Lance in the gym for his workout. 


„Jesus Christ! Why didn’t you warn me? You just gave me a heart attack!“ Lance complained, meeting Josh at the entrance. 


„What is your problem?“ Josh replied.


„You look like yourself again. I can’t believe it!“ Lance continued overacting. 


„Oh that… ya, I’ve seen the hairdresser…“


„You definitely did! I am impressed. You look amazing.“ 


„Please just do me a favor and don’t fall in love with me because of this.“ Josh teased. 


„You can relax. I expect more than a pretty hair stye from a man.“ Lance teased back.


„Hey, what that supposed to mean?“ 


„There’s still a lot of work to do to bring that tummy back in shape.“


Josh gave him an annoyed look.


„I believed your husband’s company is really shitty but I just realized yours is worse.“ 


„I love you, C. But love means being always honest with each other.“


„In that case I don’t want your love.“ 


„Stop complaining and move your floppy ass onto the treadmill.“ Lance requested. 


Josh showed him the finger and then did what Lance said. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story