The girls where engrossed watching a romantic movie when the door bell suddenly rang. Eve gave Lucy a confused look. Then she stopped the film and went to the front door. After checking the camera, she started smiling all over her face.


„Matty??? What are you doing here???“ She spoke through the intercom. 


„I know you two bitches hang out tonight without me. Shame on you!“ He complained half seriously. 


Eve chuckled. She opened the gate and fell around Mateo’s neck as he entered the house.  


„I’m happy you came!“


„Then why you didn’t invite me in first place, hm?!“


„I’m not allowed deciding anything.“ Eve said and gave him an innocent look. Then she took his hand and pulled him into the living room. 


„Excuse me?! This night is reserved for the bride and her maid of honor!“ Lucy complained.  


„I don’t give a fuck.“ Mateo replied boldly. „So, what’s up?“


„We are watching cheesy movies.“ Eve said.


Mateo gave her a disappointed look. 


„Let me check Josh’s mini bar.“ 


„Oh! That’s a brilliant idea!“ Lucy replied.


„No, no, no! I’m not watching you getting wasted without me once again.“ Eve contradicted. 


Lucy and Mateo rolled their eyes. 


„Netflix, junk food and a cozy blanket. That’s all you get.“


Everybody made themselves comfortable at the sofa and Eve continued the movie. 


„Actually, I’m not okay with this.“ Mateo said a minute later.


Eve stopped the movie again and gave him an annoyed look.


„I want to talk about dirty stuff, at least.“ He added. 


„What dirty stuff?“ Eve frowned. 


„Justin.“ Lucy answered. 


Mateo started laughing. 


„Ya… Justin it is…“ 


„Did you get drunk before you arrived?“ Eve replied. 


„Come on, there’s nothing wrong about having a little chat about Mr. Timberlake and all the things you did or didn’t do…“ 


Lucy took the remote out of Eve’s hand. She switched off the TV and started the sound bar instead. Suddenly one of Justin’s songs from his unreleased album started. 


„NO! GOD LORD, NO! SWITCH THIS OFF! YOU’RE NOT ALLOWED HEARING IT!“ Eve panicked.


Hectically she jumped up from the sofa and pulled the plug. 


Lucy and Mateo exchanged irritated glances.


„What was that?“ Lucy wanted to know.


„This is Justin’s unreleased album. No one is allowed hearing it.“ 


„No one?! Than why you have it?!“ Lucy asked surprised. 


„He let me have it. But he told me not sharing it with anyone.“ 


„Why the hell he did that?!“ Lucy continued asking. 


Eve just shrugged her shoulders.


„Wow. He loves you more I expected.“ Mateo said. 


„Matty, come on. Don’t say those things.“ Eve replied.


„It’s the truth. Everybody can see it.“ Lucy added. 


„See what?“


„He’s lying at your feet, dummy.“ Mateo answered.  


„This is ridiculous!“


„Don’t play the fool, Eve. He told you himself, remember?“ Mateo replied. 


„No, Matty. All he did was making some weird hints. There was never a conversation about his feelings.“ 


„Still, he loves you.“ Lucy said. „I know you ignore the fact. But this is how things are.“ 


Eve stared at her friends for a moment. Then she explained her point of view. 


„Look. I really don’t have the impression there is more than a simple crush. I believe he’s one of those guys who craves for things he can’t have. I’m convinced, in the moment he could have me, he would immediately lose interest.“


„Hm.“ Mateo replied. „Could be true. Or not…“


„Looks like we’ll never find out.“ Lucy added.


„I’m kind of disappointed we won’t.“ Mateo said. 



Eve woke up next morning and immediately panicked. 


„You’re marrying him today!!! It’s really happening!!!“ She thought. 


She jumped out of bed, hurried to the new guest room on the other end of the hallway and opened the door. Lucy was lying in bed, still sleeping peacefully. 


„IT’S MY WEDDING DAY!!!“ Eve yelled. 


Lucy took a pillow and hit her head under it. Eve crawled into her bed, put the pillow away and stared into her best friend’s face.


„I wanna know what you’ve planned, because I’m really just freaking out!“ 


Lucy rolled her eyes. 


„No. This was not the deal.“


„I don’t care!“


„Hell will freeze before I tell you.“ 


„Lu!!! Please!!!“


Lucy sat down and looked at her. 


„I’m telling you one thing…“


Eve stared at her, impatiently waiting for more information. 


„It will be the best day of your life.“ 


Eve sighed and let herself fall at her back. 


„Okay, so what comes first? Manicure? Pedicure? Facial? All at once?“ 


„Relax, sis. We’ve plenty of time.“ 


„What does that mean?“


„It means, we have plenty of time.“ 



Eve didn’t lose her appetite although she was incredibly nervous. After having breakfast, Lucy asked her to get dressed into some comfortable clothes. 


Short time later a black limousine arrived. The driver helped the girls to stow Eve’s dress carefully. She picked it up the day before from the dressmaker, who tailored the gown according to her wishes. No one knew how her dress looked like. As this was the only thing she was responsible for, she decided keeping the little secret just to herself. 


„Tell me where we’re going.“ Eve begged, when she was sitting next to Lucy at the backseat.


„Santa Barbara.“


Eve’s face lighted up immediately. 


„Sounds good.“


„I know.“



Two hours later they reached their destination.


„Ritz Carlton?! Oh my god!!! Oh my goooood!!!“ Eve cheered in deep excitement, when their car entered the property. 


Lucy grinned self satisfied. 


„You’re are welcome.“ 


Eve hugged her and kissed her cheek heartily. 


„This is so cool! Is it beach wedding?! Did you plan a beach wedding in December?!“ 


„Just wait and see.“ Lucy replied. 


When the car parked in front of the main entrance, Eve hurried inside and explored the beautiful lobby. Lucy enjoyed her excitement. In the same moment the concierge came towards them, with a big smile in his face. 


„I assume this is the adorable bride-to-be and her wonderful maid of honor?“ He asked.


„Yes!“ Eve smiled back. 


„That’s fabulous. We already checked you in. I hope you’ll enjoy our Ritz-Carlton suite. It’s our most beautiful room.“ 


He handed the keys over to Lucy. Both giggled, thanked the concierge and took the elevator to the upper floor. 


When the girls entered the suite, Eve turned speechless. The giant room was designed in natural colors and was flooded with perfect daylight. Big floor to ceiling windows were giving them a breathtaking ocean view. 


Eve hurried onto the terrace to take a look at the beach. She was wondering, if anything was prepared for their wedding. But so far, the beach was completely empty. 


Lucy joint her friend outside and noticed her confusion.


„Stop snooping around.“ She teased. 


Eve made a silly face.


„So, what’s next?“


„As I said, we’re not in a rush. What about lunch? I bet you’re hungry again.“ 


„Hell, yes.“ Eve replied. 



Josh and Justin arrived at the Ritz Carlton in the afternoon. Their suite was located at the other side of the hotel. Justin didn’t allow Josh leaving the room, to avoid him and his bride running into each other before the ceremony. 


„What are we doing now? He’ve plenty hours left.“ Josh asked and let himself fall at the sofa. 


Justin sat down next to him. 


„Bourbon and a good Cuban cigar.“ He answered. 


Josh raised his eyebrows and smiled. 


„Sounds like a plan.“ 



After lunch and a walk at the beach the girls returned into their suite. Lucy finally gave the bride few details about the ceremony. Eve listened and stared at her in disbelief. 


„This is the last thing I expected. But… it makes totally sense.“ 


„Of course it makes sense. Your anniversary is tomorrow, not today.“


„I’m shocked that I didn’t thought about that fact…“ 


„You’re pregnant. Your brain is not working reliably.“ 


„So, a midnight wedding it is… wow… this is pretty cool.“ 


„Of course it’s cool. I planned it.“ Lucy boasted.


In the same moment someone was knocking at the door. Lucy opened up and let Eve’s stylist enter the room. He was tall and skinny, perfectly styled and very obviously very gay.


„Ladies, we have a very long to do list. So let’s get started!“ He said with a big smile in his face. 



Few hours later, Josh made himself ready for the ceremony. He was wearing a dark blue tuxedo with a matching waistcoat and a bow tie. His brown leather belt was matching the color of his shoes. He got a fresh hair cut the prior day, having wavy hair on top and short sides. His face was completely shaved for a change. He put on his black framed glasses, which Eve loved the most on him. 


Justin smiled, while helping his best friend with his cuff buttons. 


„You look hot, bro.“ 


„I know. But don’t get weak.“ Josh teased.


„Don’t worry. You’re still not my type.“ Justin teased back. 


Josh smirked. 


„Thank you for being here with me today. It means a lot to me.“


„Of course, man. I wish you all the best. Enjoy every moment, okay?“


„I will.“

 

Chapter End Notes:

Side note: I realized too late, that Josh's suggestion marrying on New Year's Eve made no sense, as they met each other after midnight. I needed to figure out a way out of this. That's why they're having a midnight wedding ;)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story