Lucy was wearing a a beige floor length dress with matching high heels. The stylist made her short hair a little wavy. He also took care for her make-up.


Eve’s wedding dress was an ivory A-line gown with a sweetheart neckline. The bodice was made of fine floral lace and had a stunning V-neck on the back. The floor length chiffon skirt skimmed beautifully over her baby bump. She chose classic ankle strap ballet flats, matching the color of her dress. Her hair was put together into a loose updo, with a subtle flower arrangement in it. Her delicate make-up was perfectly underlining the romantic look. She was holding a beautiful bouquet of pink peonies in her hand.


„Are you… crying? Are these real tears?“ Eve asked in disbelief. 


Lucy nodded and fell around Eve’s neck.


They hugged each other for a moment. Then Lucy released her slowly.


„You look so beautiful.“ She sobbed. 


„I just realized, that I can’t remember when I saw you the last time crying. This is a little scary.“


Lucy wiped away her tears.


„Stop teasing me.“


Eve smiled.


„So… you really think this dress works with my belly?“ 


Lucy nodded. 


„It’s perfect. You are perfect.“ 


„Thank you, Lu. For everything. You are amazing. Without you I wouldn’t be here today. Probably I would have never left home, if you didn’t encourage me to start a new life on the other side of the world.“ 


„You’re very welcome, my dear.“ 


The girls hugged each other once again.


„What happens now?“ Eve asked excited. 


Lucy looked at her phone. It was half past eleven. 


„Now, you’re getting married. Let’s go.“ Lucy replied with a big smile in her face. 


The girls left the suite and took the elevator to the ground floor. Then Lucy escorted the bride to the side exit. They stopped, before leaving the building. 


„The wedding takes place in the garden. There is a cliff with an incredible view at the ocean. Of course it’s already dark outside, but I made sure you can still enjoy the beautiful atmosphere.“


Eve nodded. 


„So, you go first or how does it work?“ She wanted to know. 


Lucy shook her head. 


„You go alone.“


Eve frowned.


„Alone?“


„Yes. There will be just you and your groom tonight.“


Eve mouth got open wide. 


„Are you serious?“ She asked with breaking voice.


Lucy’s eyes filled with tears again.


„You are getting your dream wedding. That’s what I promised you.“ Lucy said.


„Oh my god, Lu… I don’t know what to say…“ 


Eve was completely overwhelmed. This was the last thing she expected. Suddenly her eyes begun swimming.


„No! No, no, no!“ You’re not crying now! You hear me? Not now!“ Lucy warned her. 


Eve tried to pull herself together somehow.


„Okay. Okay… I’m good…“


„The torches will lead your way into the garden.“ Lucy explained. 


Eve nodded, still processing hard. 


„You really got dressed and styled for nothing?“ 


„Yes.“ Lucy smiled. 


Eve kissed her cheek and hugged her again. 


„Thank you so much. This means the world to me.“ 


„I know. Now go. It’s almost midnight.“ 



Eve’s knees felt like jelly on her way into the garden. She followed the torches in the grass, which where forming a narrow aisle. She could hear a piano playing from distance. It was the melody of the song Josh’s sang for her on the day he proposed. Goosebumps were running down her spine. 


Finally she recognized a small altar under a romantic pavilion and two male silhouettes from distance. The pavilion was beautifully decorated with pink flower arrangements and big candle holders. Further torches lighted up the impressive cliff in the front. But what impressed Eve the most, was the breathtaking view at the crystal clear sky, full of shining stars. 


Josh saw Eve coming towards him and turned more excited as he already was. He waited in front of the altar. Their registrar was standing on the other side. It was an older man with white hair, wearing a dark suit and bold glasses. 


The low light of the torches didn’t expose the bride’s whole beauty, yet. Eve passed the piano player and started smiling all over her face when Josh’s and her eyes finally met. She needed all her strength not starting to cry. 


Josh stared at Eve like she was the most beautiful thing he’d ever seen. He was completely overwhelmed by his emotions. His eyes were filled with happy tears, as she finally was standing next to him. He tried to say something, but the words didn’t come out. Eve was deeply touched, that she made him speechless.


„You look stunning, my love.“ She said with a loving smile. 


Josh was still staring. 


Eve looked at the registrar, who was watching them interact. 


„Can I kiss him?“ She asked. 


The registrar cracked a smile. 


„This would be inappropriate.“


Eve giggled and looked at Josh again. 


„Do you like how I look?“ 


Josh nodded. She smiled even brighter and took his left hand. Their fingers interlocked. 


„I can’t believe how beautiful you are. You’re taking my breath away.“ He finally said.


Then he lifted their hands and kissed her fingers gently. 


„Shall we begin?“ The registrar suggested.


Both nodded and gave him their full attention. 


He begun with a beautiful speech about how Eve and Josh found the way into each others lives. They listened carefully and got emotional again, remembering the day when they looked into their eyes for the first time. In this unforgettable moment everything changed for the better. 


„It’s time for your vows.“ The registrar said after his speech. 


Eve turned into Josh’s direction, still holding his hand. She looked deep into his eyes, trying very hard not to cry. 


„Josh. I wish I could explain how wonderful you are. How I could look into your eyes and never get tired of their beauty. How the sound of your voice gives me butterflies. How seeing you walk into a room makes me smile. And how much I love you. But you have me at a loss of words. And even if I could find the words to tell you theses things, it wouldn’t come anywhere near to show you how much you mean to me.“


Tears where dropping onto Josh’s cheeks. He was deeply touched by the moment. Eve also couldn’t hold back any longer and started crying. He gave her a loving smile and wiped away her tears carefully, before he started to talk. 


„My beautiful Eve. Ever since I have met you, I have experienced moments of paradise with you. You are the one who has brought all the love and happiness into my life, which I was always longing for. I have never been so sure about someone like I am with you. The care that you show and the way you value me, makes me feel complete. I feel lucky, proud and honored to spend the rest of my life, with your hand in mine.“


Eve knew this wasn’t the right moment, but she couldn’t hold herself back any longer. She fell around his neck and kissed him deep. He put his arms around her and kissed her back. 


„Excuse me, but there are just few minutes left till midnight.“ The registrar said. 


Eve and Josh released each other, smiling all over their faces. 


The register opened the box with their wedding rings, which was standing in front of them at the altar. He asked Eve putting the groom’s ring outside and continued with the ceremony. 


„Please repeat after me: I, Eve Miller, take you, Joshua Scott Chasez, to be my wedded husband. I offer you this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion.“ 


Eve repeated the sentence, looking deep into Josh’s eyes again. Then she put the ring on his finger.  


Then it was Josh’s turn. He put the bride’s ring out of the box. 


„I, Joshua Scott Chasez, take you, Eve Miller, to be my wedded wife. I offer you this ring as a symbol of my love and devotion.“ 


Both felt like the happiest people on earth, when Josh put the ring on her finger. 


The registrar checked his wrist watch, before he continued talking. 


„Eve and Joshua, you have now both made the declarations required by law and have made a solemn and binding contract with each other. It’s my great pleasure, to pronounce you are now…“ 


Again he checked his watch and waited till it turned midnight. 


„…husband and wife.“ 


In the next second countless fireworks burst all over the sky. 


Josh pulled Eve to his chest, cupped her face with both hands and kissed her like no one was watching.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story