Justin’s heart skipped a beat. 


„Oh fuck… you’re sure?“ He stammered. 


Eve just nodded, with a terrified look in her face. He immediately noticed, that she was scared.


„Sweety, there’s no reason being concerned. Let’s call C and tell him the good news.“ He said calmly. 


„But it’s too early…“ 


„It’s just two weeks. That’s not a big deal.“ 


In the same moment he dialed Josh’s number and put him on speaker. 


„Did you release your album without telling me???“ Josh blamed him harshly, as he picked up.


Justin chuckled. 


„I did but…“


„How could you do that and NOT talking to me first???“ Josh interrupted him. 


„Dude… can I say something?“ 


„You didn’t release a single, yet! It makes no sense to me!“ Josh continued complaining. 


„The baby is coming!“ Eve said to get his attention. 


„Honey? Is this you?“ Josh asked irritated. 


„Yes… I was having lunch with our bestie and then my water broke at his passenger seat.“ She explained.  


„Our bestie?“


Josh was under shock. 


„Man, listen. I’ll bring your wife to the Cedars-Sinai and we’ll meet you there, okay?“ Justin suggested. 


„Yes! Yes, please do that! I’m on my way!“


„Good, but please do me a favor and drive carefully. There’s no reason to panic.“ 


„Sure! I need to go! I’m on my way, baby! I love you!“ 


„I love you, Josh.“ 


Josh hung up in the next moment. Eve suddenly felt her first contraction. It was heavier then she expected to be at the beginning. 


„Ahhhhh…“ 


„Justin grabbed her left hand.“


„How bad is it?“


„It fucking hurts…“


„Okay, looks like we need to take a shortcut.“ 



After hanging up, Josh called Eric and left a message for Kristin on her voice mail. Then he rushed out of the house, realizing he forgot putting his shoes on. Hectically he returned inside and jumped into his sneakers. His tension already reached its peak.


Finally sitting in his Jeep he remembered, that Eve already packed some stuff for the hospital. But her bag was still in their closet. He left the car and returned into the house again. Without putting his shoes off he hurried upstairs. He felt sorry as the housekeeper just mopped the floor, but he didn’t want to waste any further second. He rushed into their bedroom, grabbed Eve’s bag out of the closet and hurried outside. As he reached the stairs, suddenly the ground started quaking.



„Oh shit!!!“ Justin said and slowed down the car immediately. 


They just reached the ramp of the highway, as the traffic suddenly stopped. His Jeep was shaking.


„WHAT IS HAPPENING???“ Eve panicked.


„An earthquake.“ Justin replied, trying to stay calm. 


Eve was completely terrified and squeezed his hand. 


„Don’t worry, M… it feels like less than five…“


„WHAT DOES THAT MEAN???“


„It means, it won’t cause any serious damage.“


The earthquake stopped few seconds later. But another contraction hit Eve hard. 


„Ahhhhh…!“ 


Justin turned a little more nervous as he already was. He saw a car accident in front of them. As the lane was blocked, he wasn’t sure anymore, if they would make it to the hospital on time.“ 



Kristin was sitting in the aircraft, being grateful, that the long and exhausting flight was almost over. The pilot just informed the passengers, that there was an moderate earthquake in Los Angeles. But luckily they could still land on time. 


Her daughter had no idea she was on her way to California. She promised Josh not spoiling the surprise. It was his idea inviting Kristin. He believed Jake’s delivery would be a great opportunity for Eve to bond with her mother. 


Kristin felt excited when she left the plane. She has never been so far away from home on her own. When she reached the baggage claim, she put out her phone and got connected to an American network provider. Then she noticed Josh’s voice mail. 


„Kristin, hi, little change of plans! The baby is coming! That’s why I can’t pick you up on my own. But don’t worry, my friend Eric is on his way to the airport. He’ll wait at the exit for you. I’m glad you decided coming two weeks before delivery date. It must have been intuition. However, see you in the hospital!“ 


Kristin face lightened up. Impatiently she waited for her luggage. As she finally got her suitcases, she hurried to the exit. She looked around, having no idea how Eric looked like. Then she saw an older man in a black suit, with a sign in his hand, saying Kristin Harper. She went into his direction and stopped in front of him. 


„Mrs. Harper?“ The man asked friendly. 


„Are you… Eric?“ She asked confused.


The man smiled. 


„No, Ma’am. My name is Henry. I’m your chauffeur.“


„My chauffeur?“ 


Again Henry smiled. 


„May I?“ He said and took her suitcases in the next moment.


Kristin just nodded and followed him outside. 


There was a black GMC Yukon with tinted windows parking at the exit. Kristin was overwhelmed by the giant car and needed to process, while the driver put her suitcases into the trunk. Then he opened the backseat door for her. Kristin looked inside the car and saw a man smiling friendly all over his face. He was on the phone and just finished his call, when their eyes met. 


„Kristin, hi! What a pleasure to meet you!“ Eric cheered. 


Kristin glanced at the driver, than back at Eric. Finally she entered the car. Eric immediately pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly. 


„So, you are Eric?“ She asked carefully, as he released her.


„I am! Welcome to California!


His phone rang in the same second.


„Excuse me, Kristin. I need to answer this.“ 


The driver entered the car and started the engine. 


„The traffic is a mess. But I do my best to bring you to the hospital on time.“ He explained.


Kristin just nodded and glanced at Eric, who was engrossed in his conversation. She knew Eve’s life must be very different from what it was before she left Germany. But she didn’t expect, that it changed that much. 



„JUSTIN!!! WHY DOES THIS HURT SO MUUUCH???“ Eve screamed.


There were less than three minutes between each contraction. Justin knew, this meant things were getting serious. He was completely sweaty, but trying hard not to freak out. 


„We’re almost there, sweety.“ He said as calm as possible. 


„AHHHHH…!



Eric was still busy at the phone. The traffic was truly a mess. Kristin was hoping, she would made it on time and decided calling Josh for a short update. But he didn’t pick up. 


„Henry, how long till we arrive at the hospital?“ She asked impatiently. 


„I can’t tell, Ma’am. We’re close, but there have been several accidents in front of us, due to the earthquake.“ 


Eric finished his call and gave Kristin his whole attention now. 


„So, Kristin. How was the flight? I’m sorry I didn’t send the jet, but it’s having some maintenance at present.“


„I’m worried, Eric. I just called Joshua, but he didn’t pick up.“ She replied, ignoring his question. 


„Don’t be. Probably he’s just busy supporting your daughter in the delivery room or something.“ Eric tried to calm her down. 


„I have the feeling something bad happened.“


„Okay, then let’s call Justin.“ 


„Justin?“


„Yes. He brought your daughter to the hospital. They’ve had lunch together, before her water broke.“


Eric dialed Justin’s number. He picked up immediately. 


„Podwall, not now!“ He said, having Eric on speaker. 


Eric frowned.


„Are you still in the car?“ 


Justin realized Eric knew what was going on. 


„The traffic is a nightmare. But we’re almost there.“ 


„AHHHHH…!!!“ 


„Holy shit! What was that?!“ Eric asked irritated.


„A contraction, you idiot.“ 


Kristin didn’t know what Justin was saying, but she heard her daughter screaming in the background.


„Put your phone on speaker!“ She demanded, giving Eric a serious look. 


He did what she asked for. 


„Kid? It’s me! How are you doing?“ 


Eve’s contraction slowly eased down. 


„MOM???“


Justin was also surprised, glancing at Eve. 


„Yes. I’m on my way to the hospital with Joshua’s friend. My visit should be a surprise, but I got worried. Is everything okay?“ 


„It hurts so much, mom…“ Eve whined. 


„Hey listen. We just arrived.“ Justin interrupted them, while parking his car at the main entrance. 


„Okay, we should be there in few minutes, as well.“ 


„Good.“ 


„Hey ehm, you heard from Jay in between?“ Eric asked, before Justin hung up.


„No, why?“


„Nothing, Kristin just tried to call him, but he didn’t pick up. Probably he’s just in a dead zone.“ 


„AHHHHH…!!!“



Justin hung up and sighed with deep relief. 


„We made it, sweety. You think you can walk?“ He asked Eve, when her contraction eased down.


She shook her head, panting. 


„It’s okay. Just let me get some help. I’ll be back in a second.“


Eve nodded. In the next moment he jumped out of the car and rushed inside the building. 


„I have a woman in labor in my car. It’s pretty bad.“ He said to the receptionist.


She immediately recognized his face. 


„Of course, Mr. Timberlake.“


The receptionist made a quick call. In the next moment two nurses with a wheel chair arrived and followed Justin outside. They helped Eve out of the car and made her sit in the wheel chair. 


„Is he already here?“ Eve asked.


„Ehm… no… I didn’t see him. But I’m sure he’ll be here any moment.“


„Please call him, Justin.“ She said, before the next contraction hit her badly. 


On their way to the treatment room, Justin grabbed his phone and called Josh. But he didn’t pick up. 


„Where the hell are you, bro…“ Justin was thinking. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story