„Oh! We have ten centimeters. It’s time.“ The doctor said surprised, after checking on Eve. 


„Can we please wait a little? My husband isn’t here, yet.“ Eve gasped.


Justin was standing on her left side, being deeply concerned now. Of course the traffic was a mess, but he wondered why Josh didn’t call back.


„I’m sorry Mrs. Chasez. But I can’t stop the baby from being born.“ The doctor replied. „Bring her into the delivery room.“ 


„Are you joining us, Mr. Timberlake?“ One nurse asked friendly. 


Eve and Justin looked at each other. 


„Please don’t let me alone.“ She begged. 


Then the next contraction hit her. 


„AHHHHH…!!!“



Eric and Kristin finally arrived at the hospital and rushed into the lobby. 


„Excuse me. We’re here for Eve Chasez.“ Eric explained at the front desk.


The receptionist made a quick call. 


„Mrs. Chasez is already in the delivery room.“ She explained.


„Did her husband arrive? “ Eric wanted to know.


„No, Sir. He’s not here.“ 


„Something is wrong, Eric.“ Kristin said. 


Eric glanced at her. Then he took his phone and tried to reach Josh. But he still didn’t answer. 


„Don’t tell me he’s still in a dead zone.“ Kristin said, turning more nervous than she already was. 



The nurses dressed off Eve’s clothes and helped her putting on the patient’s gown. Justin was standing next to her bed, looking away shyly. 


When she was ready, the staff got prepared for Jake’s delivery. Justin came closer, sat down at a stool and grabbed her hand. Eve looked at him in deep desperation. 


„I’m with you. Don’t be scared.“ He said gently and kissed the back of her hand. 


„Okay, Mrs. Chasez. With the next contraction, you need to push as hard as you can.“ The doctor said. 


The next contraction was on its way. Eve was in such a deep pain, that she just screamed out loud.


The doctor looked at Justin. 


„Please support her somehow.“ She said calmly. 


Justin looked at Eve, feeling terribly sorry for her. 


„Sweety… they really need some help here. Please do me a favor and push, okay?“


Eve looked at him and shook her head. 


„I can’t do this without him. I want him to be here. Please, Justin…“ She begged. 


Justin never felt that helpless. He wished so much he could do something but there was no way. 


Another contraction hit Eve hard. 


„AHHHHH…!!!“


„The baby’s heartbeat is decreasing. Make the OR ready for c-section.“ The doctor suddenly said. 


„What?!“ Eve panted. „No! I don’t want a c-section!“ 


„Okay, listen. Let’s give it a last try. But if you don’t push, we’re doing surgery.“ The doctor suggested.


Eve looked at Justin, being deeply terrified.


„You can do this, Eve. I know you can.“ He said. 


The pain was back again. Instead of screaming, Eve pushed now as hard as she could. 


„Very good, Mrs. Chasez. That’s how things work.“ The doctor praised her. 


„Great job, sweety! Can you do this once again for me?“ Justin asked.


Eve panted for air and nodded. With the next contraction she pushed even harder.


„We have the head! Just one more time, Mrs. Chasez…“ 


When the pain was back, Eve pushed one more time.


„Here you are little man!“ The doctor cheered. 


Jake immediately started crying. Eve let herself fall back into her pillow, gasping for air. Justin stared at the baby, being completely touched by the moment. 


The midwife wrapped Jake into a towel and laid him down at Eve’s chest. She put her arms carefully around the baby’s tiny body, staring at him in pure disbelief. 


„Hi Jake…“ She whispered. „I love you so much…“  


Jake immediately calmed down, as he heard his mother’s voice. Then her closed his little eyes and fell asleep peacefully. 


„He’s beautiful.“ Justin said calmly. „I’m so proud of you.“ 


Eve looked deep into his eyes. 


„Thank you so much, Justin. I don’t wanna know what would have happened, if you wasn’t with me.“ 


He smiled lovingly and stroke some hair out of her face carefully. Then he kissed her forehead. 


„My pleasure, M.“ 


In the next second his phone started ringing. Hastily he grabbed it out of his pocket. It was Eric.


„Did you find C?“ 


„He’s in the hospital.“ 


„Thank god! Send him into the delivery room! Jake is born!“ 


„It’s not possible, Justin…“


„Why the hell not?!“ 


„Something very bad happened…“ 



- TO BE CONTINUED -



 

Chapter End Notes:

This was it, dear readers. Please tell me what you think. :)

I'm wondering myself how my cheesy story could end up like that. But at some point I've had many new ideas and my sweet romance suddenly turned into drama. 

I can't wait writing the sequel. As soon as I finished few chapters, I'm gonna start uploading again. 

As always, I wanna thank you for reading and your kind feedback. You gave me a lot of motivation to move on. 


Completed
Patricia is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Part I - With your hand in mine also liked 86 other stories.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story