Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you. Guys like this. I promise it does get better.

He stood in the shower letting the hot water spay down on his weary body. He had slept, maybe two or three hours since Jen had died..But, nothing solid for days now.

 

Tears streamed down his face,and he let the sobs come. Once he was all cried out, he turned off the water. He got out of the shower and dried off and changed into a clean white tshirt and black basketball shorts.He walked into the bedroom, and laid down on the bed. Where moments later he passed out. 

 

Sometime later, Justin came to JC's bedroom door and knocked. No answer. He knocked again, and tried the handle. It was unlocked, so he opened the door quietly.There he saw JC asleep on the bed.He backed out of the room  and closed the door,walking back down the stairs, he saw Karen. All the other family members had left hours ago. But she stayed behind to help clean up.

Lance and Michael were helping her clean up the kitchen. she heard Justin come into the room and Asked, " How is He"

" He finally passed out, so I left him alone." , Justin answered and plopped down on the couch.

" He needs to sleep."

"You look like you could use some sleep yourself. You've been up and around with him for days now." Lance said to his brother.

" I'm ok," Justin lied, he was bone tired. 

 

" I can take you to the house when we leave. " Michael offered.

 

" No, guys I'm fine. We all know that I'm not the one we need to be worrying about right now." Justin tried to throw the attention off of himself and back on JC. Karen crossed her arms over her chest

 

" Your mama would kill me if I didn't take care of you and make sure you are ok. Now take the bed in the guest room and take a nap." She said pointing at the bedroom door.

He knew he couldn't go against Karen, so he shrugged his shoulders and got up and walked into the bedroom and closed the door.Laying down on the bed felt great, and he was asleep in minutes.

 

A few hours later..........

 

A Blood curdling scream was heard throughout the house. Justin was shook from a sound sleep, knowing who's scream that was,He hit father floor and was the first one up the stairs. He threw open the door to JC's room to find JC sitting up in the bed , not completely awake, screaming.

He had been having night terrors since the day Jen passed away. Justin sat down on the bed next to him. " C...it ok, Wake up ...it's ok."JC Woke up and the screams became sobs? Justin pulled him into his embrace and cried himself. They sat there for awhile,and he realized that jC had gotten quiet.Justin realized he was asleep again and he laid him back down on the bed.

He covered him up and left the room. 

Jess was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs.

" How is he?" she asked as he walked up to her and hugged her tightly. It was then he let go of all the unspent emotion . He cried into her shoulder.

 

" It's not fair Jess, it's just not fucking fair. "

" I know, I know baby." She said, sighing.and going through the motions with him.In reality,she could care less about the lot of them.

" I don't know how to help him Jess. "

 

" Justin, you have done it. You have been here for weeks now. With him and Jen.She cupped his cheek with her hand, " It's time you come home. "

" You know I can't do that."

" The boys want you to come home." She answered," Phin asked where his Daddy was this morning," 

 

" I'll call them tonight, tell them I love them."

" Justin, you can tell them yourself, at home,", she huffed.

 

" Jessica you know I'm needed here,"

He could feel his frustration building, trying to control his temper.

" They need you too." she countered,

" Don't you think I know that? C needs me now. "

jess picked up her bag in a huff and walked out of the room, a minute later the fron door slammed shut.

He turned in defeat, and saw Karen looking at him.

 

She did not look happy,

" Justin, don't you let her make you feel guilty for what you are doing for Josh. It's beautiful she needs to get her priorities straight and not use those babies against you like that. it's downright Disgusting."

**********(

JC went through his closet hastily,throwing clothes into his beat up leather duffel. He went into the bathroom and grabbed his toiletry bag and threw it in on top of all the unfolded clothes and zipped up the bag. 

he grabbed the keys to his jeepoff the night stand and the keys that Justin had given him a week earlier.He made his way downstairs quietly as to not wake anyone in the house, He went to the garage and got into the Jeep, throwing his phone and bag in the passenger seat.Where he sat for a few moments and wondered if he was doing the right thing.The one and only thing he knew with any certainty was that he could not stay another minute in that house surrounded by her stuff, with her memory.He started the keep, and hit the button on the garage door opener.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story