Author's Chapter Notes:

WHat can I say, bye bye bye.

 

 

 

Justin woke up the next morning with a start. He got up and went into the kitchen to start the coffee. Karen soon joined him in the kitchen.

 

" Did you get any sleep?" she asked, getting a cup and filling it with coffee.

 

"A little, couldn't get my mind to shut off." He answered, sipping on his mug at the kitchen island.

 

" Yeah, aI know the feeling." She said as she absently started to make breakfast.Soon she had shooed Justin out of the kitchen to go epwake up JC.

Justin went upstairs.... JC's bedroom door was standing open, and the lights were on. He walked up to the open door and looked into the room. The bed had been slept in but was empty., as were some of the drawers in his dresser.and the closet had hangers hanging are. Like someone had been through it grabbing stuff.

 

" C..."

 

No answer, He walked into the bathroom. His toiletry bag was gin as was his toothbrush and other essentials he knew he couldn't live without. " C ? where are you?"

 

He came out of the bathroom and back into the bedroom. He walked by the table where JC normally kept his keys. They were missing as well as the keys to the house in Montana he had given him last week. Justin barreled down the stairs and to the garage, opening the door, and Finding that JC's Jeep was missing,

 

" SHIT!!!!!!!!"He said loud enough that Karen followed the sound of his voice to the garage. 

 

She saw the Jeep was missing,

" Justin, Where is the Jeep? Where is Josh?"

 

" I don't know,  But I think Inknow where he is going," He said going back into the house and grabbing his IPad.

*********(******

 

He had made it almost to Salt Lake City without anyone texting or calling him,He looked over at the ringing phone on the seat next to him. It was Justin. He let it ring.

 

He was getting tired and saw a rest stop up ahead.Where he stopped and took a nap in the drivers seat.

 

A couple of hours later he sat up, and stretched from sleeping sitting upright. his phone was still blowing up.The new notification was from Justin.

 

J: C... you don't have to tell me where you are. just let me inkwell you are Ok.

C: I'm Ok

He sent the message and then turned off his phone all together. He started the Jeep, and got back on the road.

 

*************

 

Justin jumped when his notifications went off on his phone, He opened the message from JC. relief filled his body. He now knew what he had to do. He opened the door to his house and was met by a less than happy Jess.

 

" Bout fucking time you showed up here. We just about forgot what you looked like around here." She spat as he entered the living room.

 

" Save it Jess. "

 

" Well you just missed the boys, they are at my a mom's for the weekend."

 

" That's good. I won't be here anyway."

 

" What? Where are you gonna be?" She asked, surprised by his non Chslant attitude. 

 

" Montana."

 

" Why?"

 

" To find C."

" Of course. It's always about him."

 

"He had no more patience for her bullshit.

 

" Jess , if this were anyone else in your family I would do the same for them. He is my family.My brother!"

 

" No He isn't " She screamed at Him.

" YES HE IS!" He bellowed back at her,

 

" I want you outta my house by the time I get back from Montana. " He seethed, his voice low and even.

" I'll take everything you ever had or ever hopted to have Justin, You Owe me," 

He laughed out loud , and said" The most you'll get is whatever is in the prenup. I didn't cheat on you, so good luck with that.And don't you dare try to take the boys, I will bury you Jessica."

 

" I..." She knew he was right, and better to say anything else to him when he was this upset.

 

He pushed past her, and went upstairs to pack a bag,

he walked back down the stairs to find her standing at the bottom , waiting for him.

 

" Justin"

 

" I'm not changing my mind Jess. This has been a long time coming. I'm going to Montana, and when ai get back we will hash out a deal about the boys." 

 

With that, he walked past her and out the front door , and got into the Hummer and headed in the direction of his house in Big Sky.

 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story