Author's Chapter Notes:

Been a long time for this one. I had to put this one out there, it is too good not too. 

  Justin pulled into the driveway of his house in Big Sky. Fully expecting the lights to be on and  Jc's jeep in the driveway. There was no sign of JC anywhere.

 

  " Shit." He said, as he let himself into his house. It was cold. So he turned on the heater, and went to the firebox and grabbed some wood and started a fire in the fire place in the living room. 

 

 " Where the hell are you C?" He said out loud to no one. 

 

 He landed on the couch and pulled out his phone. He scrolled to JC's number and pushed it. It rang several times, then he heard someone pick up on the other end. 

" It's about fucking time you answered." Justin stated into the phone. 

" And who is this?" A stern female voice answered. 

" This is Justin, Who in the hell is this?" He asked, his mind reeling What the hell had JC gotten himself into this time. 

" Well Justin, this is Deputy Amanda Jarvis. Your friend  has landed himself here in the Ravali county jail on a couple of charged. "

" Jesus." He said, He ran his hand over his face. " What the hell did he do?"

" Well, Bubba shot the juke box in a bar."

" Where is he?"

" He is currently in my drunk tank, drying out. You can come and pick him up if you like. He have impounded his jeep. He needs to be back in Hamilton on Monday for court though."

" I'll be there in a couple of hours." he said as he hung up the phone. 

It was then he called Eric. He paced the the floor of the living room .

" Yes. Oh I found him." Justin said, as he scratched the back of his head. As he regaled Eric with the news that the Deputy  had bestowed upon him.

********

 

JC woke up to bright lights, his head spinning. He sat up, immediately sorry that he did. Bile was rasing up the back of his throat. Ir was then he realized, he had no idea where the hell he was . Nothing looked familiar to him. 

" Mr Chasez, are you ok?"A female voice he couldn't place asked him. 

He looked over to where the voice was coming from. It was then that he noticed the bars between him and her. Jail??How the Hell??What the hell had happened to land his ass in jail. He had no memory of anything after stopping at the Bar. That had to be it, The Bar.....

 

" SHIT!"  He said, as the bile reached the top of his throat. His eyes were huge. 

Deputy Jarvis replied, " There's a bucket right next to you, use that."

He saw the bucket, and proceeded to empty the contents of his stomach into the bucket. Once he was done, he sat back aginst the wall of the cell. Trying to remember anything about what the hell he had done to get himself in this place. He couldn't remember a damn thing. 

 

" What did I do?" He finally said. 

Deputy Jarvis smiled, saying," Well, story has it that you showed up to the Bar in Darby. You were drinking pretty heavily. And one of the patrons of the bar put on a song that you did not care for. You asked him to change the song. he said no and told you to go fuck to go fuck yourself. You saw the owners 45 laying on thee bar, grabbed it and shot a few rounds into the jukebox. The rest is history."

" I killed a jukebox?" JC repeated.

" Yes sir."

" Well, it's official. I've completly lost what's left of my mind. " He replied to the officer, hanging his head.

She tried to stifle her laughter, and he looked up at her in surprise. 

' What song did he play?"

" You really don'e remember, Do you?" 

" Nothing." He said, shaking his head no. He had no memory of anything after going into the bar. 

" They said that Kevin played " He stopped Loving her today." She responded.

" Christ."JC said, putting his hands up to his head. Which had started to pound by now. 

"Then when the Sherrif's son, Kevin grabbed the gun out of your hand.  You decked him. Knocked him smooth out. Not that he didn't need it. Between you , me and the fence post, that kid needed to get laid out years ago. They said you got a standing ovation. "

He looked up at the officer and saw the wide grin on her face. He laughed out loud. 

" Are you for real?" he asked, not believing the look on her face. 

" Nobody likes Kevin Honey. You did the world a service. The only reason the Sherrif brought you to m e was to keep you safe from all the people who finally realized who you were. Your friend Justin said he was on his way here. That was a couple of hours ago." 

All of a sudden things were to much for him again , and  he heaved into the bucket again. When he was done, he laid down on the bench and let sleep slowly overtake him. 

*******

 

He could swear he could hear someone clearing their throat. JC opened his eyes and looked up.He closed them again,and wanted the small holding cell to swallow him whole right then and there. 

" JC. I know you're awake. Amanda here said that she had been talking with you on and off through out the night. " Eric said, as he leaned on the other side of the bars. 

" This is embarrassing." he grumbled. 

" No. If it leaks out to the press, then it's embarrassing . Right now, it's just my friend/client who just lost his wife blowing off steam."' 

" I have a hearing on Monday. 

" Not anymore. magically all the charges were dropped. Under the the understanding that you pay for the damages to the bar and buy them a new Jukebox."

" I can do that."

" You are really lucky that the Sherrif's daughter liked Nsync and was a huge JC fan."

" Shit Podwall, what did you do?" JC asked. Annoyed at Eric. 

" Nothing. She was there and she recognized you and told her dad that it would be bad to arrest a widower who had just lost his wife. She really went to bat for you." 

He felt guilty now. Shit. A woman he didn't even know was going to bat for him.

" So, can I get out of here now?"

Amanda opened the cell door and said," It was nice to meet you. I wish it were under different circumstances. But, I have a hell of a story " She grinned, he pleaded with her with his eyes not to tell anyone about this. 

 

" Don't worry , Josh. You're secret is safe with me." She smiled, as he walked hy her  and out the door. He and Eric walked out to the front of the station, where Justin pulled up in his Rubicon.

" Need a lift? NO WAY in hell I'm letting you drive after the night you just had."If JC didn't know better , he would swear that Justin was laughing. 

Once JC and Eric got into the jeep and they pulled away from the station, justin Began to grill JC.

" C, What the hell were you thinking?"

JC was silent, and just continued to stare out the window. 

"C?" 

" I think that it's obvious that I was not thinking at all,Justin. " He replied, still staring out the window into the wilderness that was Montana. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoy, Feedback is appreciated. 


Incomplete
Alyssa Rae is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story