Mikayla and Erin hugged and talked for a few minutes, going over bedtime routines and such.


“I’ll drop them off tomorrow before we do our family day,” Erin said, winking at Justin.  Mikayla was a little confused, but figured she could ask about it later.  


“Good night, be good for Auntie Erin.  Mommy and Daddy love you VERY much,” Mikayla said, hugging and kissing the twins goodnight and goodbye.  They watched as Erin drove off before getting into their car.


Justin drove to Highway 1, Mikayla loving the view of the coast as they went.  “I guess I assumed we’d go to Firefly, but now I’m sure you’re taking me somewhere just as spectacular.”


“I figured this year needed to be a step above the usual.  I know you love it, it’s private, but I figured you deserved to be fully swept off your feet this year.


Justin pulled off the highway to the restaurant, Geoffrey’s.  They got out of the car, the valet taking the keys.  They were led to the back, an entire portion of the back closed off just for them.


“Justin, you didn't need to do this…”


“I don’t want any distractions, anyone looking at us as we eat.  I want this to be special.”


“It already is, Justin.  It’s you and me.”


“I just want to be sure.  I could have just closed the whole restaurant for you…”


“I suppose that’s true.  It’s a beautiful view, thank you.”  They sat at their table, overlooking the ocean, the sun setting.  


Mikayla looked at the menu, seeing lots of different options.  “I don’t know what to get, it all looks so good.”


“Then we get whatever you want.  I promise I’ll get what I want, but we can share some of the items.  It’s your birthday, I want you to have whatever you want.”


“You spoil me,” she smiled.


“I think we established that this morning,” Justin chuckled.  “I’m not on tour that I can’t indulge, especially for your birthday.  What all were you thinking?”


“Start with the Brie, the corn chowder and mushroom soups both sound good, then I was thinking the chicken for my entree.  The filet mignon sounds good too, so I don’t know…”


“Sounds good.  We can share any and all of that, maybe I’ll get fish for myself.  That’s a decent amount of food without going too crazy.  Then for dessert we can split the bread pudding and crème brûlée.”


“Know how to show a girl a good time,” Mikayla smiled.


“You know it.  This is just dinner.”


They placed their order, talking about the kids as they waited. Once the school year started, they would start preschool, being 3 going on 4, doing Pre K the following year, then kindergarten. 


“Fuck, Kindergarten in 2 years, how did that happen? I swear it feels like 2 weeks ago that they were BORN, not 3 years…” Justin sighed. 


“You’re telling me,” Mikayla laughed lightly. She looked out at the sunset, watching the waves from a distance.  “It’s a shame there’s a street of houses between us and the beach.  Walking along the beach after dinner would be terribly romantic…”


“How about you open your presents here, and I’ll see what I can do on the other later…”

Justin pulled out two small boxes, Mikayla knew right away it was jewelry.  She opened one, seeing a heart with two purple stones and one light green one.  “What is this?”


“I guess these are more Mother’s Day type gifts, but it’s the kids’ birthstones.  Based on things, your doctor said you’d have been due in August, so I got that birthstone, too.”


“Justin…”


She opened the next box, a pin of an angel with the same light green stone.  “For our little guardian angel.  Between these two pieces, you’ll never be far from the kids, and have the baby close to you.”


“Justin, this was really thoughtful, thank you,” she said, patting at her eyes to stop the tears that were forming.  


They had dessert, Justin smiling at Mikayla as she put the necklace on.  She and the kids really were his world, something he’d dreamed of but never thought he’d actually get.  He felt normal for a moment, not a big famous celebrity, but a regular guy with a beautiful wife and two kids that adored him.  


They finished dinner and got into the car, Justin driving down Highway 1 again.  Mikayla was excited to go to a beach that would still be open after dark.  So when Justin suddenly turned and pulled into a driveway, she was confused as he stopped in front of a house.


“What are we doing?”


“Just trust me.  Get out of the car.”


Mikayla got out, confused on what was happening.  Justin unlocked the front door of the house.  It was quaint, matching the other houses around it.  Nothing fancy, nothing she thought would be his style.  Inside, it was modestly appointed, nice enough couches and tables, a large flatscreen TV.  It had a large dining area that opened up onto a patio and a small grassy space before leading down to the beach.  


“Justin, what is this?  Why are we here?”


“You’ll find out.  Come with me…”


She followed Justin upstairs at a distance, walking around feeling like they shouldn’t be there.  Justin told her to wait in the hall, Mikayla admittedly curious.  She peeked into one of the rooms, seeing it empty.  She frowned, not sure at all what to make of this.  She heard the door open, Justin stepping into the doorway.


“Come in.”


Mikayla stepped into the room, seeing a large bed with luxurious sheets, candles lit throughout the room, flower petals everywhere.  “If I didn't know any better, I’d say you’re proposing again,” she laughed lightly.


“Just trying to set the mood,” Justin shrugged.  He pulled her gently into his arms.  “Happy birthday, Kay. I love you, so so much.”  He kissed her gently, not wanting to come on too strong.  The bulge in his pants said plenty, Mikayla smiling against his lips.


“I love you too.  This is beautiful, but you’re sure we can be here?”


“Very sure.  I have keys…”


“Coulda stolen them off of someone, once you knew where the house was.”


“Do you REALLY think I did that?”


“No.  It’s just… not what I expected for you.”


“We’ll talk later.  Right now, I really want to kiss you.”


“I’d like that,” she smiled, pulling him back to her lips.  She hummed as he unzipped her dress, helping her out of it before she pulled gently at his tie and unbuttoned his shirt.  


Clothes came off slowly, both of them taking things slow.  They got onto the bed, Justin teasing her breasts through the lace cup of her bra.


“Justin, god it’s been so long…”


“Last year, yeah.  I won’t lie, waiting those two weeks before we were married was easy compared to the last 4 months.”


“I was worried you’d find someone else to fill that need, if I wasn’t ready.”


“You’re the only woman I want, for the rest of my life.”


She reached behind her, unclasping her bra.  “Then make love to me, Justin.  Make me feel things I haven’t felt in a while, been afraid to feel.”


He slowly pulled the bra down her arms before tossing it aside, his hands massaging them as he kissed her lips, their tongues slowly advancing and retreating.  His lips moved south, taking one breast to his lips, one hand slowly moving down to her lace panties.


“Please, Justin, I’ve missed this so much, more than I realized…”


He was slow, methodic in how he tugged the fabric down her legs, her legs spreading for him without a thought, just instinct.  He traced lazy circles over her with his finger, drawing out her pleasure, her body rolling in response to his touches.  He pulled away as she released that first wave, seeing the look on her face.  It was somewhat goofy, her eyes threatening to roll back before focusing on him.  He noticed a change in intensity, her bright brown eyes were dark with desire for him.


“Enough being nice.  Give it to me, Daddy…”



Justin got up from the bed, going to the dresser in the bedroom.


“Justin, I’m not wearing someone else’s clothes, that’s sick…”


“They’re yours,” he said, holding up a pair of pajama pants she recognized.  Her face scrunched in confusion again.  


“When did you have time to do all this?”


“Just get dressed and I’ll explain, I promise.”


She looked out the window in the master bedroom, seeing the ocean.  Between the sex and the ocean, she was incredibly relaxed and happy in that moment.  She dressed, putting on the pajama pants and a t shirt, following Justin out onto the patio.  There was a small table and 4 chairs, the table having an umbrella in the center.  The patch of grass was small, but enough she could see the kids playing on it.  Justin led her down the stairs that led to the sand, walking barefoot in the sand hand in hand.


“Has this been a good birthday?” Justin asked. 

“Probably my best one yet,” she smiled, leaning into him.  “Are you gonna explain why we’re here? Whose house is this?”


“It’s ours.”


“OURS?”

 

“Yeah.  I bought it, for us.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story