Justin had been in the studio for over an hour, leaving Mikayla alone. She changed into her suit, swimming a bit before lying out in the sun, letting the gentle waves of the cove break at her feet.


It’s just me, his patio is hidden, let’s have a little adventure…


She laid on a lounge chair, making sure no one could see her. She pulled at the strings on her bikini top, tossing it to the side. She pushed the bikini bottoms down her legs, kicking them off. She laid on her back for a bit, enjoying the warmth of the sun on her body. She felt a little tired, turning onto her stomach before closing her eyes.



“Guys, I’m gonna break for lunch.  I’ll be back in a couple hours,” Justin said, heading to his car. 


I’ll surprise Kayla with some lunch, maybe a quick swim if she’s in the pool…


Justin made some quick sandwiches, carrying the plates towards the back. 


He stopped as he saw her.  Yeah, this is gonna be really tough to ignore.  That ass, god she is so sexy. JC is an IDIOT for letting her go…


He opened the door, the sound waking up Mikayla. 

“Oh my god!” she screamed. 


Justin pretended to be flustered and surprised, almost dropping their food. He turned away from her. “Sorry! I wanted to surprise you with lunch, in case you hadn’t eaten…”


“No, I’m sorry. I didn’t realize you’d be home, so I thought I’d live a little.  Let me just cover up… ok you’re good.”

 

If only that were true, Justin laughed to himself, wishing he was wearing different clothes.   He turned around, handing her a plate as he sat on the chair beside her. 

 

“I feel so embarrassed,” Mikayla blushed, not making eye contact with him. 


“You have NOTHING to be embarrassed about,” Justin said. “It means you’re confident in your body, and that’s not a bad thing, especially when you’re pregnant.”


“I’m not showing yet, so I’m sure that will change.  If I knew you’d be coming home, I wouldn’t have done it.”


“You don’t have to apologize. I told you to relax.”


“I’ve never done that, actually. Well, not since I first got together with Josh.  So not NEVER, but it’s been a while.”


“I’m glad you felt comfortable enough here to do that.”


“It’s only been a day, but I love it here. I can see why you invested, have a place here.  Your own private paradise.”


“Yeah, I would love to live here full time, except during hurricane season.  It’s the perfect place to get away from things.  Again, I’m glad you felt relaxed enough here to do that. Not gonna lie, I’m glad I came home,” he chuckled.  “Do you want to go out for dinner? There’s some great restaurants here on the property.  A couple have pools so you could swim while you wait for food and what not.”


“It wouldn’t be fancy, would it?” she asked, worried.


“No, super casual. It’s upscale and selective as far as members, but within the community it’s really relaxed and casual. That and you’re with me, no one would question it.  Seriously, you could show up in a swimsuit and a cover up and be fine.”


“If you’re sure.”


“You’ll be fine, I promise. If you’re nervous, I can get you a nice swim cover up.”


She smiled. “Now you sound like him…”


Justin chuckled. “I’ve known him since I was 12. I guess some of him rubbed off on me.”


“In a good way, don’t get me wrong.”


“I know what you mean.  Do you want me to do that, get you something?”


“Could I pick it out?”


“I’ll call a car for you, get you taken care of.”


“Thank you. I feel bad…”


“Don’t. Did you still feel bad when he’d do stuff like this?”


“No,” she admitted.


“Same thing, different guy.  Don’t feel bad if I’m offering. Again, not out of pity, but a genuine want  to do something nice for a friend.”


They finished lunch, Mikayla getting dressed as she waited for the car. Justin sat on the couch as he waited for her to be ready.


“I figure I can’t just shop in my bikini,” she laughed, coming out in a teal tank top and dark cut off jean shorts. 


“You look great no matter what,” he half smiled, trying not to be too obvious.


The car arrived, Justin opening the car door for her before he got into his car to go back to the studio.  


The car took Mikayla to a boutique within the property, Mikayla looking around at the clothes and things available.  She went to the swimwear section, skipping over dresses and things, although she saw some that caught her eye.  She flashed back to the first time JC had given her his card and basically carte blanche on buying clothes.  She remembered what Justin had said, looking at a flowy flowery halter style dress.  Might be good for a lunch out while we’re here.  I’m looking for something for tonight, something nice but not over the top.  If he said I can show up in a bikini and cover up, let’s see how that would go.  She saw swimsuits in various styles, then she saw the coverups.  Some seemed too busy with the print, then she saw it.  She put it on over her clothes, looking at herself in the mirror.  A large black coverup, loose but sophisticated.  It fell off one shoulder, and stopped at her knee, but the sides had slits up to mid thigh.  It had a pointelle edging, adding a bit of fun to the look.  

 

 

She took the coverup off, buying the two items and going back to the house.  She put them in her suitcase, getting a bath ready.  She relaxed in the bath, enjoying the scents of her salts and oils she had brought with her.  It was a different type of relaxing than in the pool or the cove.  She also knew Justin would expect her to be naked there.  

 


I had no idea he was going to come home, but did I do it hoping I’d get caught?  Why am I feeling turned on a little by all of this?  I mean, that night was great, but he’s not Josh, so why are feelings like that coming up?  I blame the pregnancy, all these hormones are needing to go somewhere…  It’s Justin Timberlake, how could I NOT be attracted to him, at least a little?  When he swam, seeing those muscles in his arms.  I felt safe in JC’s arms, but this is something else.  Am I falling for him?  No, I can’t.  I want my Josh back, I’m having his baby, that’s how it SHOULD be.  

 


She soaked for a while before getting into her bikini, figuring she could ‘dress for dinner’ easier that way.  She picked out a pair of gold strappy flat sandals to go with it.  This was Justin Timberlake, she knew she needed to look good if she was going to be out with him.  She put her hair back into two braids, running down the middle of her back.  She did a light gold eye to match her shoes.  She went into the back, sitting on the sand, watching the gentle waves of the cove.  


She heard him trudging across the sand, turning to look at him.

 

 

God DAMN, she’s beautiful… People will think it’s a date.  As long as they don’t recognize who SHE is, who she used to be with, I suppose that’s fine. Oh god, what is the press gonna say, what will fans think, if things go the way it looks like they might… They’ll hate her.  They’ll hate ME.  I just want to do what’s right.  I can’t force him to take responsibility.  He would, if he KNEW about things.  I think I played the Lance card too often, too early.  This HAS to come from her, he won’t believe it coming from anyone else.  He’s blocked both our phones, not answering any calls from unknown numbers.  He won’t even speak to Eric about this.  I’m making the right choice, aren’t I?  For her, and for me.  Fuck it, I know I’m doing the right thing, even if they don’t understand it.  I just hope she’ll be receptive at some point.

 

“Justin, you ok?” Mikayla asked.  Justin blinked for a moment.  “You kinda spaced out on me there… you ok?”


“Yeah, I’m fine.  You about ready to go to dinner?”


“Yeah, I just need to grab my coverup and shoes.”


“OK.  Let me get changed and I’ll be right out.”


Mikayla walked into the living room, picking up the coverup from the couch and the shoes from the floor, putting both on.  She waited on the couch, her stomach a ball of nervous knots.  

 

What if he thinks this is a date?  I mean, I could do worse than Justin Timberlake after dating JC, but no one knows we broke up, so it’ll seem really weird if I’m seen with Justin like that.  I can imagine all the lies they’d say about us, that we’re together.  Once I start showing, who knows what they’d say.  That the baby’s his, and not JC’s, that that’s why we broke up…  Would that be so bad though, if JC is really done with me, wants nothing to do with this baby, would being with Justin be such a bad alternative?  That’s if he even wants me.  This would trash his reputation, I can’t do that to his career.

 

“I guess it’s my turn now,” Justin chuckled.  “You ok Kayla?”


“Yeah, just got lost in thought for a bit…”


“I know the feeling.  Ready if you are.”


She looked at him, wearing a white short sleeved polo and black pants.  “You look so dressed up…”


She stood up, adjusting the coverup, and Justin couldn’t help but stare.  The way it fell off her right shoulder, the slits on the sides showing plenty of leg.  She looked perfectly put together, beautiful.  A slight blush came to his cheeks.


“You look… amazing.  People won’t keep their eyes off you.  And believe it or not, I’m wearing swim trunks underneath, just in case.”


Mikayla smiled.  “Let’s go then.”


They headed towards the area with all the restaurants, Mikayla having seen some of them when she went shopping earlier in the day.  She was curious which one he’d pick.  They walked into Azul, heading towards the back.  She was in awe as she saw private cabanas with tables, almost feeling like Firefly.  Sure enough, there was a pool in the center of the back area, people swimming or just relaxing and having a good time with friends.  


They were seated at a cabana, ordering appetizers and their entrees.  It was actually a relief not having Justin know what she would want, ordering something clearly for himself.  As romantic and thoughtful as the gesture was, she had felt like it had become this ritual, where JC couldn’t be himself around her.  He couldn’t have his own likes as far as food, doing everything for her.  She understood, but at the same time it lost its meaning and felt like it had become a habit.    


“So, are you starting a new album?” Mikayla asked. 


“Maybe. Just ideas right now. It does take a bit to get it all going, so who knows. Johnny wants me working on stuff, but I had the movie offers, I wanted to pursue that side for a bit.  I’m still in that headspace, needing to be available to do press tours, the movie premieres, interviews.  There won’t be time for an album with all of that. I’m just playing around with stuff, getting out of my head a bit.”


She asked about making movies, what his thought process was when he took on a role.  It sparked a lengthy conversation, helping her understand him better. 


Their food arrived in the middle of the conversation, stopping to take their first bites.


Justin cut a piece of his fish, looking at Mikayla. “You wanna try a bite?”


Mikayla blinked, flashing back to dinners out with JC.


“Sure. Sorry, you threw me off. He used to do that, offer me bites of his food. Actually, he’d get what I wanted but didn’t order, so I could have a bit of both.”


“Sounds like something he’d do. Sorry I keep reminding you of him.”


“At least they’re good things, right?” she smiled, leaning forward. 


Justin brought his fork to her lips, never feeling so jealous of flatware as he was of this fork. 


“Not a big fish person, but that’s a great sauce with it,” Mikayla said. 


“You just haven’t had it cooked right.  I’ll have to cook for you here before we leave.  Great fish, and the way I make it, you’ll love it.”


“We’ll see,” she smiled. 


They talked more about acting, going back and forth between his movies and her being in Rent. They ate as they talked, soon out of food but not short on conversation.


“You wanna get in the pool? I’d say have a couple drinks, but…” Justin said, his voice trailing off.


“We both know how dangerous alcohol is between the two of us,” Mikayla reminded him. “I’d like to get into the water though, sure.”


He watched as she untied her sandals, pulling off her coverup, feeling like she was moving in slow motion.  He took his shoes off, unbuckling his belt, lowering the zipper on his pants, and pulling off his shirt. Justin moved their things to a lounge chair nearby, stepping into the water. 


Mikayla was somehow surprised at how warm the water was, stepping into the pool. They found an area of the pool not heavily populated, continuing to talk. She began to see a different side of him, even though she had known him for 5 years. 


They got back to the house, Justin having a couple shots of tequila after having 2 whiskeys at dinner. Justin flopped down onto the couch, not quite ready to go to bed. 


Mikayla sat on the other end of the couch, Justin looking at her still in her ensemble from dinner. “Sit with me.”


“I am.”


“No, like, next to me…”


“You’re drunk,” she noticed. 


“I’m tipsy.”


“Do you remember what you said the night we got drunk?”


“That I loved you,” he said. 


“Was that because you were drunk?”


“No.  I really felt that. Drunk lips speak sober thoughts…”


“Do you still feel like that?”


“I’m not drunk enough to tell you.”


“Which tells me everything…”


“Does it?”


“I’m going to bed.”

 

Justin sighed, pouring himself a couple more shots.  She’s going to bed, what difference does it make? He came to bed not long after, pulling back the covers. He got into bed, alcohol still on his breath.  He wrapped an arm around her, pulling her into his body.  She gave a short hum, settling into him. 

 


“Good night,” he whispered, his thumb running along her satin pajama shirt.  “Can you hear me?”


Mikayla didn’t respond.  Justin knew this was his moment.

 

“I love you, Kayla. I can’t tell you, but I do. Someday I hope you’ll love me back.”



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story