Justin showed up in the hospital to see Josh early in the morning. Carefully he knocked at his bedroom door and went inside. Josh was already awake, just having breakfast. 


„Good morning.“ Justin said.


„Hi T.“ Josh replied with full mouth. 


The hospital food wasn’t good, but Josh felt permanently hungry and didn’t mind. Justin let himself fall at the chair next to his bed. 


„How are you, man?“ He wanted to know. 


„You tell me.“ Josh replied. 


Justin frowned.


„What are you talking about?“ 


„Jess.“


„Oh… so you heard…“


Josh nodded, still eating. 


„After Phin’s birth things started falling apart…“


„Phin? Are you saying, you have another kid?!“


„Ehm ya… he’s three now.“ 


Josh needed a moment to process. 


„I can’t believe all of this. I mean… Jess and you… she was the love of your life, man…“


„Looks like she found another love of her life… in Montana…“


„Did she… cheat…?“


„No… it wasn’t like that… we simply drifted apart at some point…“ 


„I’m sorry, T… this is really sad…“ 


„Ya, but don’t worry. I’m over it.“ 


Josh was having further questions, but he didn’t know how to start. Suddenly the door got open. Both men were looking at Eve coming inside. She was having Jake in his stroller. Her stomach dropped seeing Justin sitting next to Josh. She didn’t expect him being here that early in the morning. 


„Hi.“ She said, staring back. 


„Hi.“ Both said at the same time. 


Justin looked away in the next moment, giving his attention back to Josh.


„You know what, your food looks disgusting. Let me bring you something better.“ 


Then he stood up and went to the door. 


„Justin, can we talk for a minute?“ Eve asked, before he left. 


Josh was watching the scene. It wasn’t hard to notice, that the situation between them was terribly tensed. 


„Sure.“ 


Eve left Jake in Josh’s room and followed Justin outside. 


Justin knew what would happened next. He didn’t want to talk to her, but he knew there was no escape. 


„What do you want?“ He asked coldhearted. 


„How could you do this, Justin? You left without saying a word…“ She said, while her eyes were filling with tears. 


Justin felt incredibly sorry. The last thing he wanted was breaking her heart. But there was no other way out of the situation. 


„Your husband woke up from his coma. You should be there for him, instead of wasting my time.“ He replied.


Then he just walked away. 



Josh finished eating his breakfast. Then he gazed into the stroller, standing in front of his bed. Jake was lying on his back with his soother in his mouth, sleeping peaceful and deep. Josh stared into his little face and tried to figure out, if Jake was looking like Justin. 


In the next moment Eve came back. She saw Josh looking at their baby and smiled. 


„Do you wanna hold him?“ She asked, standing next to the stroller. 


„Ehm, no… you better let him sleep.“ Josh replied.


Eve noticed Josh felt uncomfortable and changed the subject. 


„Do you still have headache?“ 


„Yes, but it’s much better than yesterday.“ 


„So… your physiotherapy starts today, right?“ 


„Ya, they said they gonna pick me up after breakfast. Actually the schedule is unreal. Looks like I won’t be around in the next hours.“ 


„Is he trying to get rid of you?“ Eve was asking herself. 


„Okay. I can come back after lunch.“ She suggested. 


„Oh, ehm… there will be an additional treatment in the afternoon… I don’t know how long this will take…“


„I see. So, maybe you just text me, when you’re back?“


„Sure… yes, I can text you.“


Eve forced a smile. Then she took her bag and pushed Jake’s stroller to the door. 


„See you later, Josh.“ 


„Ya, see you later.“



When Eve left his room, she needed to keep herself from crying again. Josh was very obviously not interested having her around. She stopped walking, closed her eyes and took a deep breath. 


„Good morning.“ She suddenly heard a familiar voice saying. 


She opened her eyes and saw Josh’s doctor standing in front of her. He noticed her desperation, wondering what must have happened. 


„Good morning.“ She replied.


„What’s wrong, Eve?“ He wanted to know. 


„Not your business.“


The doctor tried staying calm and being supportive.


„I know you wished things were different. And I know it is hard…“ 


„You know nothing.“ She interrupted him.“ 


Then she continued walking and left him alone. The doctor watched her disappear. Then he went into Josh’s patient’s room. 


„Good morning, Mr. Chasez. How are you doing?“ 


„Headache is getting better. The rest is unchanged.“ Josh replied. 


The doctor sat down next to him at his bed and looked at him for a moment. 


„Tell me, is everything okay with… your wife?“


„What do you mean, doctor?“ 


„She seems to be very… tensed.“ 


Josh sighed. 


„I understand this isn’t easy for her. I mean, she expects me being the person she used to know. But I’m not. I can’t give her what she needs and I believe this must be very frustrating. That’s the reason why I feel uncomfortable in her presence and I guess she knows that. Does this makes any sense?“ Josh tried to explain.


The doctor nodded. 


„I completely understand.“


„I remember you said to be kind to her. I mean, she really seems to be a nice person but again, she’s a stranger to me.“ Josh added. 


„Mr. Chasez, everything what you said makes totally sense. But please take my advice and try a little harder to open yourself up to her. The thing is, one day your memory will be back and then you’ll realize how much she suffered.“


Justin returned into the room with a sandwich and a cup of coffee in the next moment. Josh and the doctor looked at him. 


„Where’s Eve?“ He asked, coming closer. 


„Ehm… she will be back in the afternoon.“ Josh said, having a bad conscience now for sending her away. 


Justin frowned, as it made no sense that she already left. 


„Mr. Chasez has physiotherapy now.“ The doctor said to help him out. 



Josh’s family traveled back home in the same morning. Karly and Chris did as well, as they came without Nash and needed to pick him up from his babysitter. As Lucy needed to work, she and Joey couldn’t stay longer, as well. 


Eve didn’t want to spend the day alone at home doing nothing. She decided going to work to distract herself. 


„What the hell are you doing here?“ Mateo asked when she entered their office. 


Eve didn’t reply and put Jake out of his stroller. Then she hugged her baby closely and kissed his little head. 


„Eve. Why aren’t you in the hospital?“ Mateo asked again. 


„He doesn’t want to see me.“ She answered. 


„Did he say that?“ 


„Ya, kind of.“


„What does it mean?“


„He explained how busy he will be with physiotherapy the whole day.“ 


„But that’s not totally wrong, right?“


Eve sighed. 


„Let's just change the subject…“ 


„I’m really worrying about you.“ Mateo continued talking. 


In the next moment Sarah entered the room.


„Oh my god, Eve! I heard the amazing news from Mat!“ She said in deep excitement. 


Eve forced a smile. 


„Ya… a miracle happened…“



In the afternoon Eve was glancing at her phone every minute. She was hoping Josh would text her, as they agreed in the morning. But he didn’t. At some point she decided texting him. 


„How was physiotherapy? I can bring something to eat. What about pizza?“ [Cupcake]


Josh didn’t reply. Her frustration couldn’t get any bigger. 



Eve finished work late, being all alone in the office. Not eating the whole day, she felt dizzy but still didn’t have any appetite. The imagination returning home into an empty big house, made her feel sick. Again she grabbed her phone.


„I miss you.“ [M]


„I can’t help you with that. [007]


„Please don’t be that way. It hurts so much.“ [M]


„Then do yourself a favor and stop texting me.“ [007]



Justin was at home, sitting in front of the telly and being drunk. He just finished his fourth glass of Bourbon.


„You’re such a giant asshole, Timberlake.“ He was thinking, after texting Eve.


Then he grabbed the bottle from the coffee table and filled his glass again. 

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story