Eve was excited when she left the airport. The last time she saw Justin was in the hospital. They haven’t been in touch since he wrote her to stop texting him. She grabbed her phone to make a quick call.


„Evy darling, is everything alright?“ 


„Hey Mrs. Taylor. I was wondering, if you could watch Jake tonight for few hours?“


„Sure I can. It will be my highlight of the day to have your gorgeous boy.“


„This is so sweet of you. Thanks a lot.“


„Just bring him when you’re ready.“


„You’re the best neighbor I could ever imagine.“


„Same to you, dear. See you later.“ 




I feel like a VIP.“ Sarah said, when the bouncer let them enter the club. 


„Because you are.“ Mateo replied, walking next to her. 


Eve smiled, trying to cover her tension. She was extremely nervous seeing Justin’s show tonight. 


The bouncer brought them into the main room. The place was loud and completely crowded, although no one knew about Justin’s gig. Lance and Michael's PR team just announced having a very special star guest tonight and spread some rumors at the right places. There was a small zone in front of the stage for special guests. Dozens of securities made sure the crowd was under control. The bouncer let Eve, Sarah and Mateo in and wished them a great night before he disappeared. 


Eve’s excitement reached its peak, waiting for the show to begin. 


„Are you alright?“ Mateo shouted into her ear.


„I’m nervous to see him again.“ Eve confessed. 


Mateo was surprised when she told him about Justin’s gig. He didn’t expect she would like to see his show after all what happened few weeks ago. But obviously she was still fangirling hard. 


„Stop thinking and enjoy. That’s what we came for, right?“ 


Eve smiled.


„Yes, you’re tight.“ 



Five minutes before the show begun, Justin was checking his guitar and drinking some tea. Lance and Michael appeared backstage, being terribly excited. 


„I can’t thank you enough for this.“ Lance said to his friend.


Justin smiled.


„I thank you to let me start my promo tour in your club. It really means a lot.“ Justin replied. 


„Okay, here’s one thing, before you lose your shit on stage…“ Michael said.


Justin frowned, waiting for him to continue talking. 


„Eve is here.“ 


Justin’s heart dropped. He stared at Michael like seeing a ghost. 


„Is that a problem?“ Lance asked concerned. 


Justin didn’t react.


„Dude? Are you alright?“ Michael asked. 


„Ya, sure. I’m good… it’s just… I didn’t expect that…“


„She’s a fan, remember?“ Lance said, smiling calmly. 


Justin just nodded. 


„Come on, T. It’s time.“ Michael rushed him. 


Without having any time left to process, Justin entered the stage and the crowd immediately freaked out. 



„Oh fuck… it is happening…“ Eve was thinking.


She stared at Justin with her eyes wide open and forgot to breath. He was wearing dark jeans and a simple black t-shirt. His hair was short and he was having a beard again. 


Justin went to the middle of the stage, smiling happily and waving the audience. But his eyes were busy looking for Eve. Finally he found her standing in the first row. Their eyes immediately met. Justin felt like the world just stopped turning. 


Eve was still breathless, staring back at him. She knew exactly that both of them felt the same way. Mateo and Sarah were watching the scene. Then they exchanged glances. 


„Is he okay?“ Sarah shouted into Mateo’s ear.


„Absolutely not.“ Mateo replied. 


In the next second Justin remembered where he was. While the crowd calmed down somehow, he sat down at a stool standing in the middle of the stage, with his guitar on his lap. 


He welcomed the audience, thanked Lance and Michael for having him here tonight and talked about his new album. Then he announced his first song.


„Usually I don’t start a show with a ballad. But this is my favorite song from my new record. The person who inspirited me writing it is here tonight. I wanna thank her for being my muse.“ 


Eve had no idea what he was talking about. Then Justin begun playing the guitar…


Baby, I’m so hooked on you

Do anything you want me to

You’re my sweetest fantasy

I wanna make that dream come true


If I would take you for a ride

Take a journey into paradise

Would it change the way I feel

Or would it make my love for real


[…]


Eve knees begun shaking, hearing him sing the first lyrics. In her mind she was back in Justin’s studio, when he sang that song for her for the first time, long time before his album got released.  Could it be possible that this beautiful ballad was about her? 


Justin looked deep into Eve’s eyes at some point, like he was singing just for her. She stared back feeling goosebumps running down her spine over and over again. 


She listened to every word carefully from a completely new point of view. With every further verse she became more sure, that he was singing about his feelings for her. 


When the song ended, the audience was completely out of mind. It took minutes until they finally calmed down somehow. 


Justin continued singing two uptempo songs from his new album and finished his gig with another ballad. During his performances he was glancing at Eve over and over again.



The crowd cheered and screamed when the show was over. Lance appeared at the stage to thank his friend for being here tonight. Then the DJ started playing the usual party music.


Eve was processing hard. She was completely flustered, not knowing what to feel or what to think. Sarah and Mateo of course noticed.


„I believe you need a very strong drink now.“ Mateo said, pointing at the bar. 


„Not just her!“ Sarah replied.


„I’m sorry guys, but I can’t let Jake with my neighbor the whole night.“ Eve apologized. 


Sarah and Mateo started pouting.


„You can’t be serious! We just came!“ Mateo complained. 


„Mr. Taylor is 70 years old. Usually she’s in deep sleep at that time.“ 


Sarah rolled her eyes. 


„You’re such a killjoy!“


„I’m truly sorry. But please enjoy yourself. I’ll see you on Monday.“ 



Eve made herself on her way to the exit, but it was so crowded that it took a while until she finally left the club. 


Sarah and Mateo went to the bar for drinks. After ordering, someone suddenly grabbed Mateo’s shoulders from behind. He turned around and saw Justin, wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. 


„Good lord!!! Did you lost your mind?! When someone recognizes you there will be war!!! Mateo squeaked. 


„Matty, where is she?“ Justin asked, ignoring his concern.


„She left, pretending that she needs to pick up Jake from the babysitter.“ Sarah answered, standing right next to them. 


„Shit.“ Justin said. „I need to find her.“ 


Before he left, Mateo grabbed his arm.


„Justin. Think twice before you open wounds.“


„I need to make things right.“ Justin replied. 


„Why?“


„Because my life without her in it makes no sense.“ 


Mateo’s jaw dropped and so did Sarah’s. They watched Justin disappear, processing what he just said. 



Eve was standing at the street, waiting for her Uber to arrive. She was lost in thoughts, trying to sort her mind. Seeing Justin again was completely overwhelming. Of course she expected that it would bring back all memories. But she didn’t have a clue that her feelings for him were still so intense. 


„You shouldn’t stand here all alone in the middle of the night.“


Eve’s heart accelerated, immediately recognizing Justin’s smooth voice. She turned around, seeing him standing in front of her. He made a step forward, being close enough now to smell her scent. Eve’s legs turned into jelly again. She had absolutely no idea what to do now. 


Justin raised his right hand and put a strand of hair behind her year. He noticed the goosebumps he gave her and smiled. Then he started talking. 


„I’m so sorry for what I said and what I did to you. Every day I blame myself for my behavior. You have no idea how much I regret that I hurt you.“


„You don’t have to.“ Eve replied calmly. 


„How can you say that?“


„Because there is no reason for apologizing. I understand why you did what you did.“ 


Justin didn’t expect this reaction. It was completely surreal hearing her say that. 


„Does it mean you don’t hate me?“


She looked deep into his eyes, before answering. 


„You are my hero, Justin. You saved me from falling apart. Nothing in this world could ever make me hate you.“ 


Justin’s heart was making somersaults. In the last weeks he was blaming himself over and over again how things ended. He couldn’t forgive himself for breaking her heart. And now she was standing in front of him, being loving and kind as nothing ever happened. 


Her Uber arrived in the next moment. 


„Thank you for coming tonight.“ Justin said. 


Eve smiled back shyly. 


„Justin… the ballad…“ 


„Yes. I meant you…“ 


Eve’s heart started racing. 


„Why you never told me?“


„Because you weren’t mine, when I wrote that song.“


Eve just stared at him, without replying. Justin cupped her face with one hand now and kissed her forehead gently. Eve closed her eyes, enjoying his familiar gesture of affection. 


„I need to go.“ She almost whispered. 


Justin nodded and stepped back. 


„Your show was amazing.“


„Thank you, fangirl.“  



When Eve arrived home, she picked up sleeping Jake from Mrs. Taylor, who was living in the same building. After bringing her baby into bed in Lucy’s free room, she decided to drink a glass of wine. It wasn’t that late yet and her mind was still busy processing her conversation with Justin. 


„You miss him more than you want to admit…“ She thought.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story