Eve was staring at her phone, being completely distracted. 


„Hello? Someone there?“ She heard Mateo saying, but didn’t react. 


Sarah rolled her eyes and took the phone out of Eve’s hand.


„Hey!!!“ She complained.


„We’re here for having lunch together, remember?“ Sarah talked back.


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„Do you even realize how annoying it is, that you’re staring at your stupid phone all day long?“ 

Mateo added. 


„Excuse me, but this is all I got! Justin is gone for almost three weeks now. I miss him.“ 


„But it must be possible making a break from writing each other dirty messages, when you’re having lunch with us!“ Sarah said. 


„How the hell you know, that we’re writing dirty messages?“ 


„I didn’t, but I do now.“ Sarah said sassy. 


„So, what did he write, hm?“ Mateo asked curiously.


„That’s not your business.“


„Are you having cyber sex?“ Sarah asked next. 


„Stop asking me that and give me back my phone!“ 


„Nope.“ 


„Come one Sarah. Let me just write him, that I’ll be back later.“ 


„No, I’m doing it.“ Mateo said and grabbed his phone out of his pocket.


„Timberlake, stop making your chick horny.“ [Mat]


Mateo read his text loudly, before sending it.


Eve rolled her eyes again. 


„I didn’t start, yet.“ [JT]


Mateo read Justin’s response. Eve flushed and grabbed her face. 


„Matty, I’m begging you. Don’t answer.“ 


Of course Mateo didn’t listen. 


„Do you know about her pink friend?“ [Mat]


Eve turned pale when Mateo read his response.


„Why you know about my pink friend???“ She squeaked. 


„Which pink friend???“ Sarah asked. 


„She has some new colorful friends since I’m gone.“ [JT]


„Oh shiiiiit!“ Mateo said.


„What did he write???“ Eve asked. 


Mateo read Justin’s message. Eve grabbed her red face again, being deeply embarrassed.


„Are we talking about sex toys???“ Sarah asked. 


„Sarah! Give me my phone back! I need to stop this!“ Eve demanded. 


„Absolutely not!“ 


„Tell me more. [Mat]“


„She needs to change batteries pretty often.“ [JT]


When Mateo read Justin’s answer, Eve wished to disappear from that planet and never coming back. Sarah laughed so hard that she choke over her food.


„Matty, please!!!“ Eve begged. 


„Did you know there are toys you can control through an app?“ [Mat]


„I’m aware of that fact…“ [JT]


Sarah almost peed herself, when Mateo read Justin’s answer. 


„Is she just using one of those?“ [Mat]


„What do you think?“ [JT]


„Matty!!! It’s enough!!!“ Eve warned him.


Mateo ignored her warning. 


„I think she’s ready to play…“ [Mat]


Eve suddenly turned uneasy.


„NO!!!“ 


Mateo and Sarah stared at her in disbelief.


„Holy shit…“ Eve suddenly panted.  


Then she jumped up from her stool and rushed into the bathroom. 


„Oh my fucking goodness! Did she really…??? Sarah stammered. 




Few days later.


„I’m so excited.“ Eve said to Mateo, sitting next to him in the aircraft. Jake was laying at her chest and sleeping peacefully. 


„Are we talking about the wedding or you seeing Justin again?“ 


„Both of course.“


„I still don’t understand why you didn’t agree flying with Eric, Lance and Mike the next day in his jet.“ Mateo complained. 


„Because the imagination flying with Eric was awkward. 


„Why that? He’s still our friend and he offered. 


„He’s Josh’s friend.“


„But he’s my toy boy, as well.“


„You mean, you’re his toy boy.“


„Yes…“


„However, I need enough time to take care for the ballroom. That’s why it makes sense flying a day earlier.“ 


„Do you even realize how much I must love you, by taking an ordinary flight and missing the chance to have amazing sex above the clouds in a private jet?“ 


„Yes, your love must be endless, Matty. And now stop complaining.“ 



Eve and Mateo got two beautiful rooms and the luxurious hotel resort, where Lucy’s and Joey’s wedding was taking place. Most of their guests planned staying at the hotel, but no one else was on the spot, yet. 


Mateo offered helping Eve with the decoration of the ballroom, as he didn’t have better plans anyway. They started the same day as they arrived, making sure that all decoration items has been delivered. In the evening they met Lucy and Joey for dinner.


Next morning Eve needed to go back to the airport to pick up her mom. Lucy invited Kristin to her wedding, as they knew each other for many years. 


Eve felt terribly excited, waiting for her mother in the arrival hall. Kristin had no clue what happened with Josh and Justin. Eve was just talking to her through text messages in the last weeks, avoiding the topic. When Kristin asked about Josh’s condition, she just said his recovery was still in progress. Eve knew hiding things wasn’t the right thing to do. But she knew Kristin would give her a hard time when she heard how things turned out. 



As Eve spotted her mom from distance, she rushed into her direction. Both women smiled happily and fell into each others arms.


„It’s so good to see you again, kid.“ Kristin said, still holding her daughter close.


„Same here, mom. Thank you for coming.“ Eve replied. 


When they released each other, Kristin was wondering where Eve left Jake.


„Why you didn’t bring my grandson?“ 


„Oh, he was sleeping and I didn’t want to wake him up. Matty is watching him.“ Eve explained. 



Sitting in Eve’s rental car at the passenger seat, Kristin suddenly noticed, that something was missing. Immediately she turned uneasy, giving her daughter a serious look.


„What is it, mom?“ Eve asked, knowing that something was going on. 


„Your rings. Where are your rings?“


Eve’s heart skipped a beat. She didn’t plan having this conversation on their way to the hotel.


„Mom… when I tell you the story, please promise me not to judge.“ Eve replied.


„I’m not promising you anything. Now talk.“ Kristin demanded.


Eve took a deep breath. Then she started to explain. 


„You know what happened to Josh after waking up…“


„Of course I do. He struggled with his memory. But you said it’s temporary.“


„Well, that’s what his doctor said. But as far as I know, it isn’t back, yet…“


„What does it mean? As far as you know?“


„He broke up with me, mom.“


Kristin stared at her daughter with pure disbelief. 


„This can’t be true… it makes no sense…“


„Unfortunately it is.“


„How could you let that happened?!“ Kristin suddenly blamed her.


Eve gave her an angry look.


„Could you please listen to the whole story, before blaming me for anything?!“ She talked back. 


Kristin sighed. 


„Well, I’m listening.“ 



Eve informed her mother about all events, trying not missing any detail. Kristin listened carefully, being in deep shock. When Eve finished, she needed a moment to sort her mind. 


„This is a giant mess, Eve. I don’t know what to say. You should have dealt with the situation differently. Even if he gave you a hard time, you shouldn’t have given up on him that easily.“ Kristin finally replied. 


„Mom, it’s too late for addressing reproaches. Just let it be, okay?“ Eve answered, trying very hard not losing her temper. 


Kristin looked at her for a moment. 


„All of this happened because of Justin.“ She said next. 


Eve frowned.


„What are you trying to say?“


„When Joshua woke up, you’ve been having feelings for Justin.“ 


„Yes, but I didn’t stop loving Josh either, mom. Nothing changed about my feelings for him.“


„You’re wrong. Maybe you didn’t realize that, but I am convinced your love for your husband wasn’t the same anymore, because there was another man in your life.“ 


Eve was processing what her mom just said. What it possible that she was right? 


„I wanted Josh back. Sure, there were serious feelings for Justin, but Josh was still the man I wanted. You have to believe me.“


„Maybe at the beginning. But when you realized, he wasn’t the same anymore, you were just seeing your own pain and anger, instead of giving him the time and patience he urgently needed in his situation.“ 


„So, you’re saying, I gave up on him, because I didn’t love him enough???“


„Yes.“ 


„How can you say those things to me?! Do you have any idea how many tears I cried because of him?! How much I suffered for months?! And then he woke up and didn’t want me anymore!!! He just didn’t want me, mom!!!“ 


„You didn’t want him as well!“ 


„I DID! I WANTED HIM!“


„But just to your own conditions. And when you started losing control, you just gave up.“ 


„Okay, you know what? Believe what you want. I don’t care…“ 


„Eve. You just told me you are with Justin. He came to your place and you said yes to him without even thinking twice. What, if Justin didn’t step back as Joshua woke up? What would have happened then?“ Kristin asked eagerly. 


„Oh fuck…“ Eve was thinking. 


Then she looked at her mother. Kristin stared back.


„Justin is the reason why you gave up on your husband that easily.“ Kristin repeated. 


„But Justin broke things up. It’s not like I had a choice at this point.“ Eve replied.


„Yes, he did, because he’s a very loyal friend. But you knew very well that he still loved you. And if he didn’t make the first step after his concert, I’m convinced you would have found another way making him yours. Sooner or later.“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story