„Hey.“ Josh said, interrupting Eve and Justin’s conversation.


„Hey.“ Justin replied.


Eve just glanced at him, while her heart started beating fast.


„What are you talking about?“ Josh wanted to know. 


„Houses.“ Justin replied. 


„Houses?“ 


„Yes. I found an interesting beach house in Malibu. But I have no time to take a closer look. That’s why I asked Eve to do so.“ 


„Why you wanna have a beach house?“ Josh asked confused.


„Why not?“ Justin asked back. 


„Is house viewing one of your services?“ Josh asked Eve. 


„Sure.“ She replied, trying to act as casual as possible. 


Then she emptied her glass and put it at the counter. 


„Excuse me, Gentleman. But it’s time for the wedding dance. I need to find the bride.“ She said and left the situation in the next moment. 


Both watched her walking away. Then Josh looked at Justin. 


„T listen… the other guys just made some hints…“


„Which hints?“ 


In the same second Joey showed up, being terribly excited. 


„I heard what you’ve planned!!! And I think it awesome!!!“ He cheered, patting Josh’s back. 


Justin frowned, having no idea what he was talking about. 


„Ehm ya… I just wanted to talk to T about it…“ Josh replied. 


„Talking about what?“ 


„About singing for them.“ 


„Excuse me, what?“ Justin asked in disbelief.


„Singing for them during their wedding dance.“ Josh explained. 


Justin was shocked. 


„But we didn’t prepare anything!“ 


„I know, but this shouldn’t be a problem, right?“ 


Joey was still in deep excitement, following their conversation. 


„C… I’m really very surprised about all of this. I mean… after Coachella…“


„Justin!“ Joey interrupted him, giving him a warning look.


In the same second Justin realized, that Josh didn’t remember their Coachella gig, which was the reason why he refused agreeing to sing on stage ever again.“


„What do you mean with Coachella?“ Josh asked irritated. 


„Nothing. Let’s go somewhere and make a dry run.“


Josh smiled relieved.  


„Cool! I wasn’t sure if you would agree, to be honest.“ 


Justin and Joey exchanged glances.


„Of course I agree. That’s our brother’s wedding.“ 



„I’m so excited!“ Lance said, standing next to Chris, Josh and Justin.


„So, where can we go to practice?“ Chris asked. „Nash sleeps in our room…“


„And the twins and Jake are in ours.“ Lance said. 


„I don’t have a room for another night. The hotel was completely booked.“ Josh replied.


All eyes were on Justin now.


„Ehm, ya… sure… let’s go to my room.“ He said, turning uneasy about the fact, that he was sharing one room with Eve. 


As they arrived at his room, Justin opened up and rushed inside. He made sure that the closet was closed and that there were no other things from Eve lying around somewhere. Lance noticed what Justin was doing. He raised his eyebrows and gave his friend an eager look. Justin realized Lance must know something. Chris and Josh were talking about which song to choose and didn’t pay any attention. 


„How come you’re having just an ordinary junior suite?“ Lance teased his friend.


„As C already mentioned, the hotel is completely booked.“ Justin answered, giving him a stern look. 


„Are you saying they didn’t offer you anything better? Looks like you’re losing your VIP status, bro.“ Chris teased. 


„Can we just focus on the song?“ Justin replied. 


Josh sat down at the bed and realized he was sitting on something. 


„Is this a weird sex toy?“ He asked confused, holding a blue rattle in his hand. 


„This is Jake’s.“ Justin said, rolling his eyes. 


„Jake was here?“ Josh continued asking. 


Lance and Chris exchanged glances.


„I watched him this morning.“ 


„Why?“


„Why not?“ 


„Guys, we are running out of time.“ Lance interrupted them.


„I suggest we do This I promise you. What do you think?“ Chris said…“ 



„Why is Joey talking to the band?“ Eve asked confused, standing next to Lucy close to the small stage. 


„He said we’re dancing to another song.“ Lucy replied. 


„What? Why? It makes no sense.“ 


„I have no idea what this is about.“ 


In the next moment Josh, Lance, Chris and Justin entered the stage. They hugged Joey one after another and took the microphones. Joey left the stage and went to his bride. Eve and Lucy watched the scene in pure disbelief.


„I am officially speechless…“ Eve stammered, seeing the four men on stage.


„Will they sing for us???“ Lucy squeaked in deep excitement.


„Yes, they will.“ Joey said, smiling all over his face. 


„Ladies and Gentlemen…“ Justin started talking, to get the attention of all guests. 


Everybody immediately turned quiet.


„It’s time for the wedding dance. My brothers and I have the great honor singing for the groom and his beautiful bride tonight. I hope you enjoy.“


All guests started cheering and hurried to the dance floor. The band begun playing music and made everybody freak out even more. The guests stopped standing around the dance floor, waiting for the show to begin. 


Lucy and Joey started dancing when Justin begun singing the first lyrics.


When the visions around you bring tears to your eyes

And all that surrounds you are secrets and lies

I’ll be your strength, I’ll give you hope, keeping your faith when it’s gone

The one you should call was standing here all alone


[…]


Eve was still processing the unexpected situation, being deeply touched. The last thing she expected was *NSYNC singing tonight. Instead of focusing on Lucy and Joey, she couldn’t keep her eyes away from Justin. Hearing him sing this beautiful old ballad gave her a deep shiver. 


After the chorus Josh started singing the next verse. Eve looked at him now and her knees gone weaker than they already were. 


Then his eyes met hers.


I’ve loved you forever in lifetimes before 

And I promise you never will you hurt anymore

I give you my word, I give you my heart

This is a battle we’ve won

And with this vow forever has now begun


Eve started crying without even noticing, while Josh’s eyes were still focusing nobody else but her. He sang the song with his whole body and soul. His voice was clear and strong, as no time had ever passed. 


Just close your eyes each loving day 

And know this feeling won’t go away

Till the day my life is through this I promise you 


Over and over I thought when I hear you call

Without you in my life baby, I just wouldn’t be living at all


[…]


Unintentionally the lyrics fitted perfectly to all they went through. When Eve heard the last verse, her heart stopped beating for a moment. Her emotions run out of control and she felt like breaking down any second. 


Mateo was standing next to Eric and noticed Eve from distance. He realized that she wasn’t okay. Then she suddenly turned around and run to the exit. Mateo immediately run after her.


„EVE!“ He shouted, seeing her running down the hallway.


She continued running. 


„EVE, FOR GOD’S SAKE! STOP!“ 


She suddenly stopped, turned around and saw Matty hurrying into her direction. Her make-up was blurred and her breath was deep. 


„Good lord…“ Mateo said and pulled her into his arms. 


Eve cried badly, hugging him back. 


„Please calm down, darling. It’s okay.“


After holding her for a moment, Eve slowly returned back to normal. 


„Do you wanna talk about it?“ Mateo asked carefully. 


„This song… the lyrics…“ She stammered. 


„I know. I understand you worked up into this. But it’s just an old song.“


„No, it’s not…“ 


„What do you mean?“ 


„Yesterday I met Josh in the ballroom… he said I’m beautiful… and today he touched my thigh under the table cover and said he likes the way my skin feels under his fingers…“


Mateo raised his eyebrows. 


„What does that mean?“ 


„Joey said he wants me back…“ 


„But what about Jen?“ 


„He wasn’t with her… they never came back together…“


„So, why he went to Florida then?“ 


„For therapy.“ 


Mateo needed a moment to process.


„Okay… what now, Eve? How you gonna deal with that?“ 


„I’m with Justin. I love him. I really love him, Matty.“ 


„If this is the case, why are you so upset?“ 


„Because… I…“


Mateo took a deep breath and sighed.


„Really? One simple compliment and a small gesture of affection has been enough to put your heart back on fire?“ 


„I’ve been craving for Josh’s attention since the day he woke up. And now it is happening… but it’s too late… and it makes me furious and desperate…“ Eve tried to explain. 


Mateo gave her a calm smile.


„Looks like your mom’s theory wasn’t right. You still love him with all of your heart.“ 


„I hate myself for this!“ 


„Honey, don’t do this to yourself. You are drunk and confused, not having your emotions under control right now. This is not the right moment to overthink or make any decisions. We are here for Lucy and Joey. Let’s just enjoy their special night and deal with the big questions tomorrow, okay?“


Eve listened to her friend and nodded. Then she wiped away her tears and tried to pull herself together somehow. 


„I need a second to refresh my make-up.“ She said.

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story