In the meanwhile the song ended, but all guests called for an encore. Joey kissed his wife heartily, before joining his bandmates on stage. 


Tearin’ up my heart should work without dry run, right?“ Joey said in excitement. 


His brothers nodded and smiled. Joey talked to the band. When the music started all guests freaked out once again. 


Eve returned with Mateo into the ballroom when Josh started singing his verse. 


[…]


„Baby don’t misunderstand just why we can’t be lovers

Things are getting out of hand, tryin’ too much but baby we can win

Let it go, if you want me girl, let me know

I am down on my knees, I can’t take it anymore


[…]


Both looked at each other and smiled.


„How can it be, that the lyrics fit again?“ Eve said.


„It’s not about you. Stop working up once again.“ Mateo replied.


Then he took her hand and pulled her onto the dance floor, where the guests just started dancing. 


„Matty, I don’t want this…“


„Your favorite boyband is singing live. You will dance with me now."


Eve rolled her eyes and smiled again. Then she started dancing with Mateo, immediately feeling better. She loved that song and the fact, that *NSYNC were back together on stage after so many years was simply awesome. 


Josh watched Eve dancing with Mateo and felt relieved, that she was back and enjoying herself. Of course he noticed, as she started crying and run out of the the ballroom during their first performance. Justin on the other hand was too busy focusing on singing and didn’t realize what has happened. 


The song ended and all guests started applauding and cheering again. 


„So? You wanna do another one?“ Justin asked his brothers, while the crowd was demanding more. 


„Sorry guys, maybe later. I need to take care for something.“ Josh said. 


Justin, Lance, Chris and Joey exchanged confused glances.“ 


„What do you mean?“ Justin wanted to know.“


„Eve.“


Justin turned pale and needed a moment to process. The rest of them felt the same way. 


„This was it, guys! Thank you very much for all your love and support!“ Josh said to the guests.


Then he gave his microphone back to the band and left the stage. 


„What the fuck?“ Justin talked to himself. 


He decided to follow Josh, but Lance grabbed his arm and made him stop. 


The band started playing some cover music. Eve continued dancing with Mateo, not realizing that Josh was on his way. 


„Dude… please don’t make a scene.“ Lance said to Justin. 


„Let me go.“ Justin demanded. 


„T, we know what is going on. But you need to stay calm.“ Joey said. 


„C wants to make things right to his wife. He has no idea about what you did.“ Chris explained. 


Justin’s pulse accelerated. Then he looked at Eve. Josh just arrived, asking Mateo to let him dance with her. Mateo hesitated, not being sure, if this was a good idea. 



„It’s okay.“ Eve said to Mateo.


He raised his eyebrows. 


„Eve. Do your remember what just happened?“ Mateo asked carefully. 


„Please don’t worry.“ 


Mateo stepped aside to let Josh dance with his wife. Eve’s heart immediately started beating fast.


Josh grabbed her right hand and put his other arm around her waist. He smiled and pulled her closer to his chest, while she was trying hard to cover up her deep excitement. 



Justin, Chris, Lance and Joey left the stage in the meanwhile and went to the bar. 


„Tequila?“ Joey asked. 


„A double one.“ Justin replied.


The bartender served the drinks an they drank them in one go. Then Justin gazed at the dance floor again. 


„Why on earth you couldn’t keep your hands off her?!“ Chris suddenly blamed him. 


Justin bit his lips, trying hard to stay calm. 


„C broke up with her.“


„That’s nonsense! You know he’s struggling with his memory! How could you believe for a single second, that he was finished with her?! How could you forget what she means to him?!“ Chris continued blaming. 


„Hey, don’t be that harsh! T didn’t mean to hurt anyone!“ Lance defended Justin. 


„I thought C went back to Jen.“ Justin explained. 


„Why you believed that shit?“ Joey wanted to know. 


„Because I heard a dog barking when I talked to him on the phone. I thought it was Bronson.“ 


„Why you didn’t ask, before jumping into stupid conclusions?!“ Chris asked. 


„I asked, but C acted like he didn’t know what I was talking about. That’s why I believed he’s playing the fool.“ 


Joey shook his head.


„This must be a bad joke.“


„I have the impression you wanted to believe this was Bronson to have reason hitting on his wife again!“ Chris provoked him.


„Fuck you!“ Justin hissed. 


„Guys, come on. Keep your shit together. It’s my wedding.“ Joey said. 


„Look… they are just dancing. There’s no reason freaking out.“ Lance tried to play the situation down. 



Eve was wondering, if Josh could see her heart pounding hard against her chest. She was terribly tensed dancing with him to a slow love song, while he was piercing her with his irresistible eyes. She could smell his familiar scent, which made her head spin. 


„Eve… I really need to talk to you.“ He said calmly. 


„About what?“ She asked with thin voice. 


„About us…“ 


„There is no us, Josh.“


He gave her a charming smile. 


„Don’t lie to yourself, honey…“ 


Hearing him calling her honey made the butterflies in her belly run out of control. She realized how helpless she was in that moment. He could do anything to her right here right now and she wouldn’t stop him. 


„What do you want?“ She asked, her voice still thin and shaky. 


Josh knew exactly what he was doing to her and decided to bring her to the limit. Slowly he moved his head to her left ear. His lips were touching her skin slightly as he started whispering. 


„I want you.“ 


Eve felt a deep dizziness and an intensive shiver rushing through her whole body. 


„Please don’t play with me, Josh…“ She whispered back, barely being able to hold herself on her legs. 


„Baby, I’m not playing. Can’t you see how hard I’m falling for you tonight?“ 


Her eyelids felt terribly weak, while her whole body got flooded with endorphins. 


„Why now…? I don’t understand…“ She whispered. 


„I missed you. I didn’t know what it was at the beginning. I believed my mind was confused about the loss of memory. I tried everything to remember, craving to feel complete again. But then I realized it wasn’t my memory I was missing. It was you…“


„I was there from the start, Josh. But you pushed me away.“ 


„I felt lost, Eve. I didn’t know what I was doing. My mind was completely messed up. But I learned to deal with the new situation. Believe me, I worked very hard to find my way back into my life. I learned to open up myself to the future and to let the past go. It was a long road, but I am here now. I’m here to be with my beautiful wife and my son…“ 


Eve listened carefully. She was touched into tears. Josh stopped dancing with her. Then he cupped her delicate face with both hands and wiped her tears away with his thumbs. 


„Please don’t cry, honey. I don’t wanna make you cry anymore…“ 



Justin was watching the scene, still joining his brothers at the bar. 


„That’s enough!!!“ He said furiously and rushed to the dance floor. 


„T!!!“ Lance shouted, not being prepared for this.


„Fuck, fuck, fuck!!!“ Joey squeaked, just finishing his drink. 


„We need to stop him!!!“ Chris said nervously and jumped up from his stool. 



Josh’s lips were dangerously close to Eve’s now.


„Josh… I can’t…“ She whispered, knowing she couldn’t resist him, if he kissed her. 


„I know you still love me.“ He whispered back.


Before he could close the gap between their lips, Justin pushed Josh away from her.


„Don’t you dare!!!“ He hissed, standing between Eve and Josh now. 


„Justin!!!“ Eve shouted to get his attention, but he ignored her. 


„What is your fucking problem???“ Josh asked angrily.


„If you try this again, you’re a dead man!“ Justin warned his best friend. 


„She is my wife!“


„Since when you give a shit about your wife, hm?!“


Eve was paralyzed and didn’t know how to behave. Her body begun shaking.


All people around them stopped dancing and watched the scene. Joey, Lance and Chris just arrived, trying to bring the situation under control.


„T… you really need to calm down. Please, man… this is not the right place for this.“ Lance said as calm as possible.


Joey noticed Eve was completely overwhelmed. He came closer and pulled her into his arm.


„Hey, relax. We got this under control.“


„C… come on… let's go to the bar and have a drink.“ Chris said to Josh, patting his shoulder.


Josh was breathing heavy. He gave his attention to Chris and nodded. Chris sighed relieved. He put his arm around Josh’s shoulders and walked away with him. 


The other guests started dancing again. 


„What the fuck, T?! This was completely inappropriate!“ Lance blamed him. 


„Fuck you, Lansten! Fuck all of you!“ Justin hissed and left the situation, as well.


„Justin!!!“ Eve shouted again to make him stop, but he still ignored her. 


Eve looked desperately at Joey.


„It will be fine. Just give him a moment to calm down.“ Joey said. 


Suddenly Lucy showed up.


„What the hell was this???“ She asked in deep excitement. 


„Eve was playing with fire.“ Joey answered. 


Eve gave him a stern look. 


„Before you’re the next in deep trouble, let’s go and look for T.“ Lance said to Joey. 


Joey smiled innocently and then disappeared with Lance. Lucy gave her attention to Eve. 


„I saw you dancing with Josh and the next thing I noticed was Justin pushing him away from you. So, what happened?“ Lucy wanted to know. 


„I’m in deep shit… and I mean REALLY deep shit, Lu…“ Eve answered. 


Lucy scoffed.


„Well. It’s not like I didn’t see that coming…“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story