In the next morning Eve felt stressed. Jake was teething again and in a terrible mood. When she arrived in the office with her screaming baby, Mateo immediately rolled his eyes. 


„Don’t give me that look, Matty. He’s a baby. I can’t switch him off like a radio.“ Eve said annoyed. 


„Stop bitching around before I even said anything.“ Mateo talked back.


„I can read your mind.“ 


„No you can’t and that’s my luck.“ 


„Jake continued screaming.“


„What’s his problem?“ Mateo asked. 


„He’s teething.“


„Then give him painkillers.“ 


„I can’t give him painkillers every time he gets a tooth.“


„Why not?“


Eve sighed.


„Just stop arguing!“ 


„I’m not arguing!“ 


„What’s going on?“ They heard a male voice suddenly saying. 


They turned around and saw Josh entering their office. 


„Look who came just in time!“ Mateo said sarcastically. 


Josh frowned.


„Your son is teething. Do something.“ Mateo added. 


„Hi.“ Eve said, still having screaming Jake on her arm. 


Josh felt pity for him and came closer. Jake reached his arms out for him. 


„Hey buddy, not in good mood today, hm?“ 


He took Jake on his arm and kissed his head. Jake immediately stopped screaming. 


Eve and Mateo exchanged confused glances. 


„Da-da…“


„That’s unbelievable.“ She said.


Josh smiled self satisfied. 


„What are you doing here that early?“ Mateo wanted to know.


„Actually, I came for Jake. I thought about going with him to the zoo or the aquarium.“ 


„Ehm, ya… sure… but I’m surprised you’re not working.“ Eve replied. 


„Justin finished all running projects, but he didn’t close any new contracts.“


„Means?“ 


„I have time.“


„You mean, you’re out of work.“ Mateo teased.


„However you wanna called it.“ Josh replied. 


„Good for us. Go with your grumpy baby and bring Starbucks when you come back.“ Mateo said cheeky. 


„You can have my car. His baby seat is inside.“ Eve said, giving Josh the key. 


„Okay.“ 


She smiled and came a step closer, to kiss Jake goodbye. Then she kissed Josh’s cheek as well. 


„Have fun.“ 


„We will… oh, before I forget… I wanna have dinner with you tonight. In a restaurant.“


Eve smiled all over her face. 


„I’m relieved you mentioned the restaurant.“ She teased. 


Josh smiled back and kissed her cheek, as well. Then he grabbed the diaper bag and left.“



„Okay, what’s your status?“ Mateo asked curiously.


„We have no status.“ Eve replied.


„You’re dating your husband again. There must be a status.“ 


Eve sighed. 


„I’m with Justin. Nothing changed.“


Mateo scoffed.


„Everything changed in the moment when you decided spreading your legs for both of them.“ 


Eve smiled dirty. 


„Did I mention, that I came four times?“ 


„Stop bragging, cocky bitch.“ 



„Okay, what did I miss? Why is JC leaving with Jake?“ Sarah asked confused, just entering their office. 


She wasn’t at work the prior day and had no idea what happened during the weekend.


„JC is back in the game.“ Mateo answered.


„What does that mean?“ 


„It means, he remembers.“ Eve explained. 


„Oh my goodness!!! When did that happen???“ Sarah squeaked.  


„After the wedding.“ 


„Tell me everything!“


Eve and Mateo exchanged glances. 


„Well, you better sit down…“ 




The same night Eve felt terribly nervous. She just put on her favorite little black dress, looking at herself in the mirror. 


„Too sexy or not…?“ She was thinking. 


Her hair was put together into a sleek ponytail. She used expressive make-up, having devil red lips and dark eyes. 


Jake was already at Mrs. Taylor’s place, as she agreed watching him tonight. 


The doorbell rang. Eve closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Then she hurried to the front door to open up for Josh. 


„Hi.“ She said, biting her lower lip, as he arrived upstairs. 


Josh gave her a sexy smile, coming closer.


„Hi, beautiful.“ 


He was wearing black jeans and black leather shoes, with a light-blue bottom down shirt. She loved that color on him, as it let his pretty eyes shine even more. 


She let him inside. He stopped standing close to her and kissed her cheek softly. Her knees felt immediately weak. She closed her eyes for a second and inhaled his scent.


„Did I just gave you goosebumps…?“ He whispered in her ear. 


„Don’t act surprised. You do every time when you’re that close.“


He looked into her eyes and gave her a naughty smile. 


„Ya, I know… and I like it…“ 


„Stop flirting, Mr. Chasez. I’m really hungry…“ She said and pushed him aside gently to put on her heels. 


„I love that dress on you. And that red lips will give me a though time, as well…“


„Oh really?“ She replied, giving him an innocent look.

 

„You know very well what you’re doing to me…“ 


„Do I…?“


„Yes…“


She smiled sexy and grabbed her clutch from the kitchen island. 


„I’m starving, JC. Let’s go.“



Josh didn’t tell her where they were going. When they finally reached the restaurant and parked at the Valet, her heart dropped.


„Shit… Wolfgang Puck’s Cut…“


„That place was on our dodo list, remember?“ Josh said, when they left the car. 


„I remember.“ She said, forcing a smile. 


He noticed her sudden discomfort.


„Is something wrong, honey?“


„No… it’s just… I’ve been here few weeks ago…“ She answered, giving him an innocent look.


„Oh.“ 


He understood what she was trying to say.


„Is this a problem, Josh?“ 


He smiled calmly. 


„Not really.“ 


She took his hand and smiled back, before they went inside.



„Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Chasez. It’s a big pleasure having you here tonight. Let me bring you to your table.“ The reception lady said friendly. 


Eve and Josh glanced at each other.


„That’s who you are. His wife, having his name. And you don’t wanna give up on this.“ Eve talked to herself in her mind. 


„You need to find a way to make things work. You can’t lose her.“ Josh thought. 


„How did you manage getting a table on short term?“ Eve wanted to know, after they got seated. 


„I was lucky. Someone cancelled a reservation.“ Josh answered. 


Eve smiled and took the menu. Josh did the same, studying the wine selection. 


„They have Riesling.“ He said, knowing it was her favorite.


„I know. But this is a steakhouse. White wine doesn’t really fit.“ 


„Who says that?“ 


Eve didn’t answer. Josh smiled. 


„The Riesling?“ 


„Yes, please.“  



After having delicious smoked salmon for starters and rib eye steaks with truffle fries for main course, they enjoyed cheesecake for dessert. 


„This was awesome, Josh. I feel like I can never eat again, but in a good way.“


„I’m happy you liked it.“ He smiled. „When do you need to pick up Jake?“ 


„Mrs. Taylor said he can stay over night. Why?“ 


„Because I would like having a cocktail with you at Pablo’s.“ 


Eve raised her eyebrows.


„Will you propose again?“ She joked. 


„Would you say yes again?“ He asked, giving her a deep look. 


She stared back at him, thinking about how to reply. 


„I never regretted marrying you, Josh. Our wedding was the happiest day of my life. It still is.“ 


He just smiled, being incredibly relieved hearing her say that. Eve looked at his left hand. He was still wearing his wedding ring.


„Did you ever put it off?“ She asked carefully, still focusing on his ring. 


„No.“


She suddenly felt sad and guilty as she wasn’t wearing her rings since she was with Justin. 


„I didn’t mean to leave for good, Eve. All I did was asking you for giving me time.“ He explained.


„But I believed you want Jen…“


Josh sighed. 


„Eve. Please let’s not talk about her anymore. Believe me, I blame myself badly for everything what happened to us because of her. But I can’t change the past, no matter how much I wished I could.“ 


 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story