While Silas and Phin were engrossed in watching a series, Justin explained to Josh what happened with Jessica in Montana. 


Both were sitting next to each other at the kitchen island. When Justin finished talking, Josh needed a moment to sort his mind. He didn’t know how he should feel about all of this. On one hand he was terribly mad at Justin. But at the same time he understood why he got weak. The situation between them was anything but normal since Lucy’s and Joey’s wedding. Dealing with such extraordinary circumstances was a lot to handle. And it was more than obvious, that Justin was the one, who made the most sacrifices since then. 



„Can you say something?“ Justin asked after a while, feeling terribly guilty.


Josh looked at his friend, still not knowing how to deal with what he’ve just learned. 


„Honestly, I didn’t expect you would screw things up like that. I’ve had countless scenarios in my mind how that triangle could fail. But I didn’t believe it would be this.“ He finally replied. 


„Are you saying, this was it?!“


Josh raised his eyebrows.


„Are you really surprised? You cheated, man. You can’t expect from me acting like nothing happened and keeping your dirty secret.“ 


Justin scoffed.


„Of course not…“


„You have no right being pissed off right now.“ 


„Still I am!“ Justin hissed. 


Josh tried staying calm. 


„I really try to be understanding, T. I see, that Jess took advantage of your situation, knowing you’ve been hurt and terribly drunk. But what I don’t understand is why you stayed with her at all. Why you just didn’t left after bringing the kids into bed?“ 


„I appreciated some company after I learned what you did!“ 


„Stop blaming me for your mistakes!“ 


„So what now? You gonna tell her?“ 


„No! I expect you doing that as soon as she comes home!“


Justin grabbed his face again, feeling desperate.“


„I don’t wanna hurt her. Just the imagination kills me.“ 


„I know, but things are as they are. Keeping the secret will make things worse. Remember what happened, as you tried hiding your fling in Cuba?“


Justin sighed. 


„Do you see any chance that she’ll forgive me? I mean, there was no sex.“


„Dude. You made out with your ex wife, laying naked with her in bed. All what kept you from sex was your lazy dick. I don’t believe this makes things any better.“ 


„Fuck…“ Justin groaned. 


Josh was surprised about himself. He truly felt pity for Justin. But mostly he was concerned how Eve would react when she learned about what he did. 


„What about Jess’ offer?“ He asked next. 


„I can’t think about Jess’ offer right now!“


„You didn’t say no…“ 


Again Justin sighed.


„What are you trying to say, hm?“ He said annoyed. 


„I simply noticed, that you didn’t say no.“


„I was overwhelmed!“ 


„You’re sure you’ve been just overwhelmed?“ 


„C, stop that shit!“


„Which shit?“ They suddenly heard Eve saying. 


She entered the kitchen with Jake on her arm and wondered about their fight. 


Josh and Justin have been completely engrossed in arguing and didn’t notice that she returned back home. Both looked at her, not knowing how to react.


„What happened?“ She continued asking.


„Jess brought the kids.“ Justin said, just to say something. 


„Oh. Are they in the living room?“ 


„Yes.“


She smiled and left the kitchen to say hi to Silas and Phin. Josh and Justin looked at each other. 


„I give you time by the end of the day.“ Josh warned his friend. 



„Auntie Eve!“ Silas said happily and hugged her close. 


Phin did the same quickly and gave his attention back to the series.


„It’s such a nice surprise having you here, boys. Do you stay for dinner?“ 


Silas just shrugged his shoulders, while Phin didn’t react. 


„I’m making lasagne, so you better say yes.“ She added, smiling at them. 


„YES! LASAGNE!!!“ Silas and Phin shouted happily.



Eve went back into the kitchen and put Jake into his highchair. Josh returned into the studio in the meanwhile. Justin was standing next to the fridge and just emptied a bottle of water. 


Eve came closer, embraced his waist and pushed herself close to his body. 


„I would appreciate some help in the kitchen.“ She said, giving him a loving smile. 


Justin felt like shit, but he tried hard not showing it. He hugged her back and kissed her forehead carefully. 


„Sure, beautiful. What are we cooking tonight?“


„Lasagne.“ 


„Sounds good.“ 


Eve turned serious in the next moment, still holding him close. 


„Are you and Josh okay?“ She wanted to know. 


„Don’t worry, love. It was nothing.“ 


Eve didn’t know, if she should believe him or not. Justin noticed she was still concerned and cupped her face with one hand. Then he placed a gentle kissed on her lips. 


„C and I are good.“ He added. 


„Are we good, as well? I’ve barely seen you since we moved in here.“ 


He stroke her cheek softly and smiled. 


„I’m sorry that I wasn’t around. We’ve had some trouble with our promoter and needed to rework the whole tour concept.“ 


„You don’t have to apologize. I know planning a tour takes time. I just wanted to make sure, that you and I are okay.“ 


„Of course we are.“


Eve smiled again and placed another kiss on his lips. 


„Great. Now move your sexy butt, daddy. The offspring looks hungry.“ 



Josh appeared upstairs as soon as dinner was ready. Eve smiled when he entered the kitchen. 


„Have you been hiding in the studio to avoid getting involved into cooking?“ She teased. 


„Of course.“ He replied, glancing impatiently into the oven. 


„Set the table, at least.“ Justin said. 


Josh rolled his eyes. Then he took plates out of the cupboard and took care for the table. Silas and Phin noticed and hurried into the dining room.


„I’m really hungry now.“ Silas said and sat down at a free stool. 


„Me, too.“ Phin said. 



When everybody just sat at the dining table, the doorbell rang.


„Your mommy is early.“ Justin said to his kids, checking the watch. 


„That’s not a problem. Jess can eat with us.“ Eve replied and stood up in the same moment to open the door. 


Justin turned uneasy and exchanged glances with Josh. 



Jessica was surprised, as Eve opened up for her. 


„Hi…“ She said, forcing a smile.


„Hey Jess, please come in. We just started dinner.“ Eve said friendly. 


„Oh, ehm… I know I’m early. You know what, I can come back in a half hour.“ Jess stammered. 


„That’s not necessary, please eat with us.“ Eve replied. 


„No, I really don’t want to…“


„Come on, Jess. Just do me the favor.“


Jessica smiled again. Then she gave Eve a quick hug and followed her into the dining room. Justin and Josh stared at her. 


„Hey mommy! Eve and daddy made Lasagne!“ Phin explained.


„It looks delicious.“ Jess answered. 


Eve grabbed another plate and cutlery from the kitchen.


„Please sit down.“ She said to Jess, pointing at the free chair next to Justin. 


Justin gave Jess a short look, before she sat down next to him. Eve was busy with giving out the food and didn’t notice the tension in the air. 



Josh was sitting opposite of Jess and asked her about her latest project to do some conversation. When they finished talking about the new movie she was shooting soon, Silas finished his plate and looked at Eve.


„Do you want some more, sweetheart?“ She asked him. 


„No, thank you.“ Silas answered politely. „But I have a question.“ 


Eve smiled.


„Okay, spill.“ 


„Do you sleep in one bed with my daddy?“ 


Jessica chocked on her food. Josh raised his eyebrows and stared at Eve. Justin flushed, doing the same. 


„Yes, I do.“ Eve answered, trying not to make a big deal out of it.“ 


„Eve is my girlfriend. We already talked about it, remember?“ Justin added, looking at his son. 


Silas looked back, obviously being busy sorting his mind. Then he continued talking. 


„When Eve is your girlfriend, why you slept in one bed with mommy when you visited us in Montana?“ 


„Oh fuck.“ Josh talked to himself. 


Jessica and Justin immediately turned pale, staring at Silas like seeing a ghost. 


Eve’s stomach dropped to the floor. She was staring into space and processing what she just heard. 


Silas looked at his dad, waiting for explanation. Phin continued eating, like nothing happened. 


Eve turned her head slowly into Justin’s direction. When their eyes met she immediately knew, that Silas was telling the truth. Then she stood up slowly.


„Please excuse me.“ She said with shaky voice. 


She rushed into the hall. Justin stood up as well, running after her. 


„Did I say something wrong?“ Silas asked concerned. 


„It’s fine. Don’t worry, bud.“ Josh said, staring reproachfully at Jess.


Jess looked back, feeling ashamed.


„Nothing happened.“ She almost whispered, to justify herself.


„Of course not.“ Josh said cynically.


Jessica gave her attention to her sons. 


„Boys, it’s time. We need to go.“


„But I’m not finished, mommy.“ Phin complained.


„We can have another snack from Mc Donald’s.“

 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story