When Justin left the house, Eve went upstairs and crawled into bed, crying with all of her heart. She wasn’t able to calm herself down. Josh laid down next to her and held her tight from behind, until she finally fell asleep. He woke up in the same position in the next morning, hearing her crying again. 


„Baby…“ He said quietly, raising his upper body slowly. 


He moved her body gently to make her lie on der back to see her face. 


„I’m sorry for being a mess.“ She whispered, her eyes red and swollen. 


Gently he caressed her cheek. He felt deeply sorry for her, wishing there was a way to help her out of her emotional crisis. But all he could do now was being understanding and patient. 


„I’ll give Mateo an quick call to let him know, that you’re not feeling well today.“ 


She nodded, not contradicting. Josh gave her a calm smile and kissed her forehead. 


„I’ll be right back with some coffee, okay?“ 


She nodded again. Josh stood up, grabbed his phone and went downstairs, while dialing Mateo’s number.


„Mr. Chasez. What gives me the honor talking to your that early in the morning?“ Mateo answered the call.


„Listen, Matty. Eve stays at home today.“ Josh started explaining. 


„Oh shit… does it mean…?“


„They broke up last night.“ 


„Dear god… I can imagine what’s going on with her right now. Did she sleep?“ 


„Yes, she was completely exhausted from crying.“


„Can you handle her or do you need any support? I can come and help.“ Mateo offered. 


„I have things under control, don’t worry.“


There was a short break. 


„How do you feel about it, Josh?“ 


„Honestly?“ 


„Of course.“


„I’m grateful it’s over. I feel relieved things are going back to normal. But I feel awful, that I can’t be there for T right now. I know he’s suffering badly. This really sucks.“ 


„Do you know where he is?“ 


„No. I wrote him a text yesterday night but he didn’t reply.“ 


„Don’t worry about it. I’ll find out what he’s doing and let you know.“


„Okay, thank you Matty.“


„Take care for our girl, Josh.“ 


„I will.“ 



Eve stayed in bed the whole day. She cried most of the time, until she fell asleep for a while. Josh stayed with her the whole time, while taking care for Jake. He offered some food in between but she refused eating. 


In the meanwhile Mateo made few phone calls and found out, that Justin was with Lance and Michael.


„T is okay. He went to Lance’s and Michael’s place yesterday night and got drunk.“ [Mat]


„I’m glad he’s not alone. Thank you, Matty.“ [JC]


„How is Eve doing?“ [Mat]


„Unchanged.“ [JC]


„You should inform Lucy.“ [Mat]


„You’re right. I will.“ [JC]




Next morning Eve woke up in Josh’s arm. She felt like having a terrible hangover. Her head was aching and she was hardly able keeping her puffy eyes open. As Josh was still sleeping peacefully, she sneaked out of bed and went into the bathroom. 


„You look like hell.“ She thought, looking into the mirror above the sink. 


After peeing and brushing her teeth, she took a hot shower. As she finished, she returned into the bedroom and put on some fresh comfortable clothes. Then she looked at Josh, who was still in deep sleep, lying on his back. She smiled calmly, while watching him for a moment. 


„He’s all you ever needed. How could you be so blind and not noticing from the start?“


She bent down to kiss his lips gently, without waking him up. Then she left the bedroom and checked on Jake in his nursery. He was also still asleep. She kissed his little head. Then she went downstairs. 



„JESUS CHRIST ALMIGHTY!!!“ Eve shouted out loud, being terrible frightened. 


„I’m sorry!!!“ Lucy apologized. 


She was standing next to the open fridge with a bottle of water in her hand. 


„YOU SCARED THE SHIT OF ME, LU! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE???“


„Josh told me what happened. I took the next flight and arrived yesterday night. But you were asleep, so we didn’t wake you.“ Lucy explained. 


Eve was still recovering from her shock. Lucy came closer and pulled her into her arms. 


„I’m so sorry.“ She said again, hugging her friend close. 


„For almost killing me or…?“


Lucy released her and cupped her face. 


„What did you do, girl, hm? A love triangle? Really?“ 


„Please don’t blame me again for not telling you. It was just a trial and I didn’t want to make a wave before knowing, if this kind of relationship works out for us.“ Eve started justifying herself. 


„It’s okay. I’m not here to make you feel worse than you already do.“ 


Eve sighed relieved.


„Thank you for being here. It means so much you came to see me.“


„Of course, sweetheart. I was worried. I needed to see with my own eyes how you’re doing.“ 


Both hugged each other again. 


„Let’s make some coffee and then you’ll explain to me what exactly happened.“ Lucy said, as they released each other. 



Some time later Josh woke up and wondered, why he was alone in bed. He stood up and checked for Eve in the bathroom. He noticed she must have taken a shower and was relieved that she was slowly returning back to life. 


After making himself ready for the day, he used the undisturbed moment to call Justin. But he didn’t pick up. Finally he dialed Lance number. 


„Hey, dude.“ Lance answered the phone. 


„Hey, man. Is T still with you?“ 


„Yap. And he stinks.“ Lance complained half seriously. 


Josh sighed.


„How bad is it?“ 


„Pretty bad. Michael threatened him to use the garden hose.“ Lance joked. 


„I’m not talking about his smell and you know it.“ 


„What do you want me to say, C? He’s a mess.“


„I wanna talk to him. Can you manage that?“ 


„No chance.“ 


Again Josh sighed.


„Okay, I’ll drop by later. Lucy is here, so I guess I can leave Eve alone for a while.“


„Fine. And bring some fresh clothes for him.“


„I will.“ 



Josh went downstairs with Jake on his arm, who just woke up. He found Eve and Lucy sitting at the kitchen island. Eve looked terribly exhausted, having dark circles under her eyes. But Josh was glad, that she left their bed and talked to her friend. 


„Hey girls.“ He said calmly, coming closer. 


Eve stood up from her stool and smiled at him and Jake. Then she took their baby from his arm and kissed his cheek.


„Hey sleepy tiger. Did you have a party with daddy last night?“ She joked. 


Jake babbled happily. 


„How are you, love?“ Josh wanted to know, still standing close to her. 


„Better.“ She replied. 


He cupped her face with one hand and placed a gentle kiss on her lips. Then he gave his attention to Lucy.


„Can I leave you alone for an hour?“ He asked.


„Of course. I got this.“ Lucy said. 


„Do you need to work?“ Eve wanted to know.


Josh looked at her, not knowing how to explain.


„No… I just… I need to make sure…“ 


„It’s okay. T needs his best friend.“ Eve interrupted him, understanding what this was about. 


He cracked smile and kissed her again.


„I’ll be back soon.“




„Beer for breakfast?“ Josh asked, entering Lance’s and Michael’s living room. 


Justin was sitting at the sofa with his feet at the coffee table and a bottle in his hand, watching a mindless reality show. He rolled his eyes when he heard Josh’s voice.


Josh sat down next to him.


„Jesus… you really stink.“ 


„Go away.“ Justin said, his eyes still focusing the TV screen. 


„I brought you some fresh clothes.“ Josh replied. 


„Means, you already packed my stuff?“ Justin replied cynically. 


„It’s not like that and you know it.“ 


„If you say so.“


„T… I came to talk.“ 


Justin took a big sip.


„I don’t think there is anything we need to clarify at this point.“ 


„I’m sorry how things ended.“


„Liar.“


Josh sighed. 


„I’m not lying. I do feel sorry.“


Justin finished his beer.


„Are you finished?“ 


„Come on, man. Let me be there for you.“ 


Justin gave the empty bottle to Josh.


„If you wanna help, bring me another beer.“ 


 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story