„What a beautiful night.“ Eve said, as they walked through the garden. Like on their wedding day, there were torches in the ground guiding their way to the restaurant. 


„The sky is clear and full of stars again. It must be a sign.“ Josh said and gave her a calm smile. 


When they reached the terrace of the restaurant Josh frowned. 


„I wonder why nobody is sitting outside. It isn’t that cold tonight.“ 


Eve just shrugged her shoulders. 


Before they reached the entrance, the big folding doors suddenly got open wide.  


„What the heck…?“ Josh stammered.


„SURPRISE!!! SURPRISE!!!“


Their family and friends were standing in front of them, cheering loudly and clapping their hands. 


„What is happening…?“ He asked, looking at Eve with his eyes wide open.


She smiled all over her face and placed a hearty kiss on his lips, before answering. 


„We’re having our wedding party tonight!“ 


Josh needed a second to process. 


„Did you plan all of this?!“


„Yes, my love. When you suggested coming here for New Year’s Eve, I already organized everything with Lucy’s help. The concierge was our partner in crime.“


„I don’t know what to say… this is amazing…“ He said, still in pure disbelief. 


He cupped her face with both hands and placed another kiss on her lips.


„You’re unbelievable, Eve. I love you so much. Thank you!“ 


„I’m relieved that my surprise worked out.“ She said happily. 


Their guests cheered even louder to get their attention. Eve and Josh smiled at them, coming few steps closer. 


„I can’t thank you enough for being here tonight!!!“ Josh shouted. 


Then they greeted one after another.



„How on earth you managed keeping quiet, hm?“ Josh teased Joey, after hugging him closely. 


„Well, we didn’t talk much lately.“ Joey complained half seriously. 


Chris interrupted them and jumped around Josh’s neck.


„This night will be legend, man. I brought your favorite Whiskey.“ He announced. 


Lance joined the group, as well. 


„Finally we’re getting a wedding party! I was completely out of mind, when I heard Eve’s plan!“ He said, hugging Josh heartily. 


„She’s incredible. I had no clue this was happening tonight.“ Josh replied. 


Justin joined his bandmates at last.


„Thank you for being here, bro.“ Josh said and gave him a tight hug. 


„I never miss a good party and you know it.“ Justin replied, cracking a smile. 


„You look great, T.“ Chris said, scanning him from head to toe. 


„Ya… I’m doing some intense workout… need to prepare myself for the tour, you know.“ He answered. 


„I can’t believe you’re all here tonight. It’s awesome.“ Josh said. 


„It is.“ Justin replied. „Hey, ummm… I wanna say hi to your wife… if you don’t mind?“ 


„Of course not.“ Josh answered, giving him a calm smile. 


„Okay. Please excuse me, gentleman.“ 



Eve just released Lucy from a deep hug. 


„Thank you so much for helping me. Everything looks so beautiful!“


„You don’t need to thank me. It was my pleasure.“ Lucy replied. 


Eve hugged her friend once again. In the next moment they heard someone clearing his throat. Eve released Lucy and saw Justin standing in front of them. He was wearing a black suit with a white business shirt and black shoes, looking very classy. His hair was a little longer now and he was still having a short beard. 


Lucy realized they needed a moment alone. 


„I’ll take care for the Champagne.“ She said and disappeared in same second. 


Eve looked deep into Justin’s eyes. Her heart was beating fast. She didn’t know what to say. Justin came a step closer, not losing eye contact. 


„You look mind-blowing in that dress, M. I can’t stop staring.“


She flushed a little, smiling sheepishly. He was standing closer to her than he should. His familiar scent was making her head spin.


„Be careful. He’s still having power over you.“ She was talking to herself in her mind. 


„Do you think we can be friends again?“ He asked. 


Eve shook her head, still smiling. 


„Why not?“ He wanted to know.


„Friends don’t look at each other like we do.“ She almost whispered. 


Justin smiled back. 


„You might be right.“ 


„You’ll always be my weak spot, 007.“


„And you’ll aways be mine, moneypenny.“ 


„Excuse me, but I don’t like what is happening here.“ They suddenly heard Mateo saying. 


Eve rolled her eyes. 


„Nothing is happening here.“ 


Justin smiled sexy, giving Eve a wink. 


„Stop that shit, Timberlake!“ Mateo warned him.


Justin gave him a pat on the shoulder.


„I promise to behave… tonight.“ He said, before leaving them alone. 


„He got nerves acting like that!“ Mateo said outraged. 


„He’s just shitting you.“ Eve replied. 


„You can’t be THAT naive, girl!“ 


„You better tell me, if he’s here with Jess, before I accidentally run into her.“ 


„No, he came alone. And I know, that Sarah asked him about her, but he didn’t share any information.“ 


„Honestly, I better don’t know.“ 


„You’re right. This night is about you and your gorgeous husband. Let’s not waisting time talking about Justin. But I expect you keeping yourself away from him, understand?“ 


„Don’t worry, I will.“ 



The restaurant was closed for other guests tonight. It was decorated with opulent candle holders and beautiful light pink flower arrangements at all tables. It was important to Eve to create a wedding atmosphere. But as it was New Year’s Eve, there were also pastel-colored balloons and streamers all over the ceiling. The hotel crew arranged a small stage in one corner and a band was playing some smooth cover music. Waiters begun serving drinks and canapés.


Karen and Roy joined Eve, when she finished talking to Mateo. 


„I like that place, but you should celebrate in Cinderella’s castle, don’t you think?“ Roy joked, before pulling her into his arms. 


„Will you ever stop comparing me with her, dad?“ Eve asked amused. 


„Of course not.“ Roy answered. 


„You look so beautiful.“ Karen said and hugged her next. 


„Thank you, mom.“ Eve replied, smiling all over her face. 


Karen released her and looked at her for another moment. 


„I know, I already told you on Thanksgiving, but I’m very grateful you and Josh figured things out.“


Eve nodded, still smiling calmly. 


Karen exchanged glances with Roy, before she continued talking.


„Honey, Josh told us there’s another baby on its way. Of course we promised to keep quiet, as you don’t wanna share the news with anyone else at that early stage.“ 


Eve smile got brighter. 


„As my parent’s know about my pregnancy, it’s just fair you do as well.“ She replied. 


Karen smiled back, having tears in her eyes. 


„Do you have any idea how happy you make our son?“ 


„He makes me happy the same way.“ 


Karen pulled her into another close hug. 


„We’re so excited there will be another grandchild.“ 


„And we hope it won’t be the last one.“ Roy added. 


Eve started laughing. 


„I’m turning forty next year, as you know.“


„That’s just a number, my dear.“ He replied. 



Josh joined the group in the same moment and put his arm around Eve’s waist.


What are you talking about?“ He wanted to know.


„Your dad announced two grandchildren aren’t enough.“ Eve explained. 


„I’ll do what I can, dad.“ Josh said cheeky. 


Eve gave him a stern look. 


„Oh come on, babe. First you say no and then you get pregnant anyway.“ He teased and kissed her forehead.


„Do you remember your age, JC?“ She teased back. 


„Men don’t get older. They just get better.“ Roy laughed dirty. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I needed to split that chapter, as it didn't fit into one. 



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story