Jenny directed Justin to her house, Justin being surprised when they pulled up.  “You live 20 minutes away from school and you don’t come home more?”


“I could say the same for you,” she said.


The house was gray, with a hedge under one of the bedroom windows, a planter under the window next to the front door.  There was an orange tree next to the garage on the other side of the front door.  There were rose bushes around, lots of flowers everywhere.  It was a corner lot, with a massive lawn out front and a large tree in the middle of the front lawn.  It wasn’t unlike most of the houses around it, the main difference being the abundance of flowers.


“This is your grandparents’ house?” Justin confirmed.


“Yeah.  I actually grew up not far from here, until they had to sell the house.  Since then, we’ve bounced back and forth between here and on our own.  I feel bad living in the dorms when I feel like I should be here.”


“You’re doing what you can, and it helped us meet and get to know each other,” Justin smiled softly.


“Yeah.  I didn't really get to know people at my community college, I was taking the bus back and forth that I didn't get to really meet and interact with people beyond in class.  Now, I’m definitely glad I’m living on campus, spending time getting an actual college experience, cuz it led me to you.”


“Would you have liked me just from our classes together?”


“Would I have thought you were totally hot?  Yes, that wouldn’t have changed.  I just wouldn’t have been as available for other things outside of that.”


“That would be a shame.  Harder to hide why you’re not home every night, might as well live in the dorms if you’re with ‘Maddie’ every other night.”


“Yeah, they don’t know our dorms are coed, so don’t mention anything beyond the common room…”


“Noted.  You ready?”


“No, but I am hungry, so that’s my motivation right now…” Jenny laughed.


They got out of the car, walking up the path next to the driveway leading to the front door.  Jenny let herself in, not wanting to arouse suspicions.


“I’m home,” Jenny called, hearing the sounds of cooking in the kitchen.


“In here, dear,” her grandmother called back.


“That was quick,” her mom said.


The house led right into the dining room and living room right from the front door, the kitchen off to the left, the hall leading to the bedrooms off to the right.  The table was set in the dining room, the sounds of sizzling guiding them to the kitchen.  It was small, though enough room for 4 people to sit at the table in the middle.  You had to maneuver around the table to get things done within the kitchen, Jenny remembering feeling like she was doing laps at times when helping cook or bake.  The oven and stove against the wall on the other side of the dining room, the sink on the opposite wall, the fridge and microwave on the wall opposite the garage access door, cabinets on the wall against the garage.  People sitting would sit right up against the fridge or cabinets on the sides of the table, it being slightly longer than it was wide.  


“This used to be smaller, believe it or not.  They about doubled their space when I was a baby.”


Justin stood behind Jenny next to the oven, the wall blocking him from view of the women cooking away. 


“Jenny, so glad you came… oh, who is THIS handsome young man?” her grandmother asked, looking up at Justin. 


Her grandmother was all of 5’4”, a plump little woman with grey and white hair.  Her bifocals rested over her sparkling blue eyes.


“Wait, what?!” her mom responded, rushing to see her daughter. “You look familiar…”


“He’s the guy that helped carry in my box of books, we tripped on the curb bringing it into the dorm.”


“Yes, I remember now. To what do we owe this visit?”


“I thought you should meet my boyfriend,” Jenny said softly, looking at Justin fondly. 


“Boyfriend! Oh wonderful, it’s been a while since what’s his name…” her grandmother said.


“You mean David? He literally has the same name as your other son, how could you forget?”


“He didn’t look like a David,” her grandmother scoffed. “What’s your name, dear?”


“I’m Justin. Very nice to meet you, nice to see you again,” Justin said, looking from her grandmother to her mom. 


“What did the cat drag in?” a male voice asked, coming in from the garage.  


He was about 6’3”, looking just over Justin’s head.  He was slim, quite the opposite of his wife. He had dark hair, starting to go gray but thinning on top. He was in jeans and a grungy yellowed white tee.


“Poppy, this is Justin. Justin, this is my grandfather.”


“Call me Jean,” he said, looking at Justin.  “Let me wash the grease off my hands and I’ll give you a proper hello.”  He walked to the sink, washing his hands and drying them with a towel inside the cabinet under the sink before walking back over to Justin. He took Justin’s hand, shaking it firmly. “About time Jenny brought a boy home.”


“Poppy…”


“You know your dad would say the same thing. You know what they say… apple, tree.”


“Breakfast is about ready, go get your brother?” her mother asked. 


Justin followed Jenny down the hall, turning to the first room on the left. Music was playing on the other side of the door.


“Tim, come on out,” Jenny knocked politely.


There was no answer.


“Tim, time for food,” she said, hoping he’d come out for food.  Still no answer. 


“Don’t make me come in, goober!”  She waited, and still no answer.


“Let me try,” Justin said.  He slowly opened the door.  “Police! Come with me!” Justin shouted.


“Shit!” the boy yelped in response, jumping in fright.


“Breakfast is ready, idiot,” Jenny sighed. 


“You really a cop?” Tim asked. 


“No, just figured I needed to be loud.”


"Who are you?"


"My boyfriend," Jenny said.  


"Brave man, coming here," Tim said, straightening up.  Justin stifled a laugh as he watched the 15 year old try to intimidate him.  


Tim was taller than Jenny but shorter than Justin, hoping his height would be enough.  He was skinny but somewhat muscular, with messy strawberry blonde hair.


"Are you really trying to intimidate him?" Jenny laughed.  She grabbed her brother and dragged him into the hall, all of them seeing food being put on the table.


"We weren't expecting you, Justin, but have a seat here on the end," her grandmother said.  "I'm Barbara, I didn't get to introduce myself earlier."


"He can sit next to Jenny, it's fine Gammy," Jenny's mother insisted.  "Why split them up already?"


Jean sat on the far end of the table, with Jenny and Tim on either side.  Barbara sat next to Tim, with Jenny's mom on the end.


"I'm Carol, by the way.  I never got to introduce myself the day we moved her in," her mother said.


They ate a scramble of eggs, hash browns and sausage, with cinnamon rolls on the side.  Jenny told her family how she and Justin had classes together, and how he wrote a song to ask her to be his girlfriend.


"That sounds incredibly romantic," Barbara said, smiling at Jenny.  "You seem like a very nice young man, Justin."


"I try, my mother would say my teen years were hard, but I feel like I went in the right direction."


"You play basketball?" Tim asked.


"He's the best player on the team for the school," Jenny beamed.


"Says the woman who's never seen me play a single second," Justin smiled.  "I’m a team player, it's not just about me."


"Good attitude to have," Jean said.  "I played for fun in college.  That's how we met," he continued, looking at his wife.  "Most beautiful girl on campus.  I asked her out on dates for an entire year before she finally said yes."


"Luckily I didn't have to wait that long," Justin smiled.  "I'd been seeing someone else, but once I met Jenny, that was really kind of it.  I ended things, took things slow with Jenny so she knew I was serious.


"I did take a little convincing," Jenny laughed softly.


"Wanna play ball later?  One of the neighbor kids has a hoop."


"This could be fun," Justin chuckled.  "Sure."


Jenny smiled as Tim lit up like a Christmas tree at the chance to play basketball with someone that wasn’t under the age of 12.  She took Justin’s hand under the table, giving it a squeeze.


“Where is Justin going to sleep?” Jean wondered.


“Can he stay in my room?” Tim asked. 


“You wanna talk girls, don’t you?” Justin chuckled quietly across the table.


“SO much,” Tim replied, Carol giving Tim a look.  “Sorry, Mom.”


“Wherever he wants is fine, Jean,” Barbara said. 


“Not with Jenny,” Jean said sternly. 


“Jean, we were twenty…”


“When we got married, Barbie!”  He looked at Justin.  “I expect you to be respectful to my granddaughter while you’re under my roof.”


“Yes sir, of course.”


“I’m trusting you, Jenny, Justin.  No funny business.”


“Jean, even before we were married we…”


“And that’s enough of that at the breakfast table,” Carol interrupted, both not wanting to hear about her in-laws or give her daughter permission to do anything adult.


Justin looked at Tim.  “Help me do the dishes and then we’ll play ball, ok?”  Tim jumped out of his chair to help clear the table.


Carol watched as the boys went into the kitchen. “Can I keep him?” she joked. “He can come by anytime if it helps Tim do chores around here…”


“Thanks, Mom,” Jenny sighed sarcastically.


“He’s a great guy, Jenny. I’m glad things worked out.”


Dishes were soon done and Jenny followed the boys outside. They walked a couple doors down and knocked on the front door. A young boy came out with a basketball, Tim ready to play.


“I wanna try out for the team this year,” Tim said. Jenny laughed, he’d never had any ambition to play sports beyond what he was forced to in PE.


“There’s a girl, isn’t there?” Justin laughed. 


“She’s a cheerleader, she’s so cute…”


“They all are, kid,” Justin chuckled.


“Why you gotta like my sister?” Tim asked, disgusted. 


“If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be here playing ball with you…”


“Fair enough.”


“She’s no cheerleader, but I think she’s pretty cute.”


“You ever date a cheerleader?”


Justin’s eyes widened at Tim’s question. It shouldn’t have thrown him, it was a logical next step in the conversation.  “Yeah.  I have,” he said awkwardly. 


Jenny heard their conversation, making a mental note to ask about that later.  She smiled as she watched Justin teach the younger boys some of the basics of basketball, not just playing horse or practicing free throws.


“How far can you make a shot from?” Tim asked.


Justin grabbed the ball, walking to the edge of the driveway where it met the pavement of the street. He focused and made his shot, sinking it in like it was right in front of him. 


The boys stood in amazement of what they just saw.  “Trust me, it’s more impressive when I’ve got a guy bigger than me in my face with 5 seconds left on the clock.  You should come to some of my games, let you meet more of the team, hang out.  If you’re serious about learning the sport. Nothing is worth doing just to impress a girl. Find a girl who’s impressed by who you are. THAT is why I like your sister…”


Jenny blushed at his words, so glad that she had given him a chance. It didn’t matter to her that he was this jock star, he had shown himself to be more than that.  He was smart, funny, romantic, and sexy as hell on top of it all.  She didn’t know how she’d gotten so lucky, but she felt sure that she was absolutely in love with Justin. 


Her phone buzzed, ruining the moment. Jenny, this can’t be over. I need to see you. I can give you what he can’t.  Let me try.


I’m with my family this weekend. It’s over, Josh. You’re just my professor, I’m just your student. 


Jenny, please reconsider…


Why? You can’t find another student, or woman in general, to fuck?


This is more than that, Jenny, I think you know that.  I want to give you everything.


You’re still married, Josh.  You know you can’t.  It’s done, I’ve made up my mind.


“You ok babe?” Justin called.


Jenny stuffed her phone in her pocket, ignoring the buzzing of her phone.  “I’m fine.”

 

She watched them play basketball, the boys trying to get around Justin.  He continued to teach them, Jenny seeing he could be a great coach, maybe even a great dad someday.

 


Jenny got ready for bed, Justin tapping lightly at her door. Jenny opened the door, letting him come in.


“I’m gonna hang out with your brother a bit. I wanna give him some tips on girls, what I remember from when I was his age, insights I’ve learned since.”


“Just don’t go teaching him anything,” Jenny laughed. 


“Once he passes out, I’d like to come in here, wake up with you.”


“Wake up with me, or wake me up?” she smiled playfully. 


“That all depends on what time he falls asleep,” Justin shrugged, his voice teasing her as his hands grazed her curves.


“Then let’s hope he doesn’t like to stay up late,” she said quietly.  “Not sure what all we could do, I’m right next to my grandparents’ room, but I definitely want to wake up next to you.”


“I just realized I’m in your bedroom…” he chuckled.


“Yeah, home away from home.  I basically grew up here, we were here while Mom and Dad worked, until I got to high school and could walk home from school.  Shit…”


“What?”


“Tomorrow’s Sunday, they’ll want to go to church.  Poppy’s the head of the elder board, they decide a lot of stuff for the church, finances, staff, all of that.  None of them know about Dad, by the way, it would ruin Poppy’s image to have a son in jail.”


“I don’t mind going.  I grew up going, so I get some of that.  Got baptized and everything.  I won’t say I stopped believing, but I stopped feeling like going every week was important.  As long as I have it in my heart, and use it to help me treat others well, it shouldn’t make a difference.  You’ve stopped going, too.  I always see you on Sundays, usually cuz you stay the night…”


“Shhh, with my luck Poppy’s hearing aids can pick you up a mile away,” she blushed.  “I do have a question though.”


“What?”


“My bed is a futon.  Do I leave it up so we’re super cozy, or unfold it so we have room to maneuver a little bit?”


Justin thought for a second.  “Super cozy, even if we fool around a bit I’ll have you right under or beside me…” He stood behind her, wrapping his arms around her, one hand acting like he was going to go into her pajama shorts.


“Mmmm, I like that.  Hopefully I don’t have to wait too long.”


“I should go before he comes in looking for me.  We’ll figure things out.”  Justin gave her a quick peck on the lips, his tongue passing over her lips before he walked down the hall.


He knows what he’s doing, getting me all turned on before he leaves me.  Yeah, hoping my brother falls asleep REAL quick now…


Jenny stayed awake for a bit waiting for Justin.  By the time 11:00 rolled around and he wasn’t back yet, she got in bed, watching a little tv in the hopes he’d come soon, or she’d at least fall asleep.


She felt a hand gently touch her arm, waking her up.  “Jenny, I’m sorry.  I totally nodded off a bit in his room. Had a good talk about things, though.  He knows I know about your Dad, so we talked about that a bit, I’m sure he needed that, then we talked girls, because, well, he’s 15…” Justin laughed lightly.


“I’m glad you bonded.  But it’s 1AM and I’m not sure whether to sleep or continue what you started before you left me,” she purred.

 

“Get up so I can get behind you and we’ll find out,” he smiled in reply, kissing her deeply.  



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story