Author's Chapter Notes:

11/4/22

“The weekend went by so fast,” Justin said as he parked his car on campus.


“It did. We went to the winery, I swear your mom would’ve taken us to the ones farther away if she had her way.”


“You’re probably right. I know I enjoyed our nightly fun though. You got over being nervous about it pretty quick…”


“Best orgasms ever tend to do that,” she laughed lightly.


“We have two more weeks before finals, I’m curious if Chasez will give us extra time to work on things.”


“He won’t be there, he is taking some time off for an emergency, we have Dr. Morrison for a couple weeks.”


“Oh.  Well, I hope everything’s ok.  Maybe we’ll get lucky and the next couple weeks will be time to work on our projects…”


“We’re pretty much done, aren’t we?”


“You wouldn’t want time to practice it some more?”


“I thought we pretty much had it down…”


“You know it by heart already?”


“I guess learning the lyrics more wouldn’t hurt,” she agreed.


“Then we can relive our first time after…”


“Always sex with you,” she smiled. 


“Complaining?” 


“Hardly.”


“Did you intend the double entendre?”


“I’ll double your entendre…”


“Let’s get up to my room.”



Justin woke up the next morning, his arm around Jenny. He ran his thumb along her skin, feeling the softness and warmth of having her next to him. 


I want to wake up like this every morning, for the rest of my life.  After the season is over, I wanna go shopping for a ring. We’ll have senior year to plan, hopefully I get drafted somewhere… I love Jenny so much, I can’t imagine feeling this way about anyone else.


Jenny turned onto her back, her head turning towards Justin and her eyes slowly fluttering open.


“Morning, beautiful,” Justin smiled softly. 


“Morning, handsome.  Sleep well?”


“Great. You?”


“Same.  I wanna start looking for an apartment, maybe next weekend? I leave Friday for another away game on Saturday. Somewhere near campus so we don’t have to commute.”


“It’s expensive though, isn’t it? I mean, we’re right downtown.”


“My parents will cover it, it’s fine.  As long as I’m doing school, they’ll cover it.  I could seriously go for my PhD and have no debt.”


“That’s great,” Jenny sighed, knowing how hard she’d worked to earn her education.


“Hey,” he said, cupping her cheek.  “I’ll make sure you’re taken care of, too.  I mean, you are gonna be my wife someday, right?”


“Someday…”


“Meet you downstairs in a bit?  I seriously need us in our own place just so it’s easier to shower and not have to go very far.”


“Why, you don’t want someone walking in on our shower sex?” she teased.


“I’m sorry you heard any of whatever Marie and I were doing.”


“You called her peaches…”


“I called all of them peaches.”


“Not me.”


“You’re different.  You’re my future wife, mother of my children.  Shit, we hadn’t discussed that.  How DO you feel about having kids?”


“I’m on board with that.  Especially if it means having fun trying with you.”


“We’ve had a lot of fun just practicing, that’s for sure,” he growled, pulling her tighter against him.


“We both need to shower, get dressed, have breakfast,” Jenny reminded him.  “All of that before going to class.  Sorry buddy, but it’ll have to wait.  I’m sure it’ll be worth it though.”


“Always is,” Justin smiled.  “Seriously though, I wanna move in somewhere as soon as we can, have a place of our own after finals.”


“When is the game in Hawaii?  Maybe we should move in after that?  So we aren’t moving in somewhere and then leaving on vacation?”


“What do you suggest in the meantime?  Cuz I foresee a lot of shower sex in our future…”


“You're incorrigible.”


“I’m in a relationship with a seriously beautiful and sexy woman I want to appreciate and have crazy hot sex with…  Nothing wrong with that.  Don’t tell me you’re getting bored of things already…”


“Absolutely not,” she grinned.  “My man is hot, eager as FUCK to please me, how would i be that stupid?”


“And I’m on track for the NBA…”


“I don’t care about that, you know that.  You could be teaching at a middle or high school for all I care, as long as we’re together, having great sex,” she smiled.


“I thought that there was more to a relationship than just sex…”


“There is, but when it’s as good as what we’re doing, you recognize it.  I’ll see you in a bit.  Love you.”  She gave him a quick kiss before getting out of bed.


“Yeah, I need that ass to stay here,” he joked as she walked towards her clothes, groaning as she playfully bent over to pick them up.  “Definitely after that…”


“It’s all yours tonight,” she replied.


“Really?” Justin asked with surprise.


“Not THAT, nasty boy.  I’ll text you when I’m ready if you’re not already at my door once you’re ready.  I’m sure that will take a while,” she said, her eyes flitting to the tenting under his sheets.


“Not as much time as you’d think, thankfully.  At least not when I do it.  When you do it, that’s a whole other story…”


“Love you babe, see you soon,” she sighed, dressed and walking out of his doorway.



“Didn’t take you long,” Jenny said as she opened the door for Justin.


“Told you I don’t take as long,” he laughed, seeing Maddie and trying to not be too obvious.


“Let’s go, I don’t wanna be late for class.  We spent too long talking this morning…”


“Talking, or ‘talking’?” Maddie wondered. 


“Actual talking, but thanks for thinking I’m capable of that first thing on a Monday morning.”


“Hey, any morning can be a good morning for morning sex.  Jeremy just left not too long before you got here this morning.”


“I really don’t need to know,” Jenny chuckled. 


“I know way too much already,” Justin laughed, grabbing Jenny’s hand and leading her down the hall.


They had breakfast before heading to Sci Fi Lit.  They had finished V for Vendetta and were now reading a comic book series called Y the Last Man.  Justin loved that he got to read comic books for school, Jenny found the story line intriguing, even if there was some gratuitous nudity.


“It’s nothing but women, all the men die, do you really think they NEED clothes anymore?” Justin laughed as they walked out of class.


“In winter, hell yeah, protect against sunburn… To be Yorrick, though, the only guy to somehow survive, every woman wants him.  Hmmm, sounds like someone else I know,” she said.


“You mean me?  Well, unlike our comic book hero, I already have the love of my life, I’m not trying to find her in the midst of the chaos.  He knows she’s alive, but trying to physically get to the woman he loves…”


“We only read the first 3 volumes, it’s a 12 book series.  You gonna buy the rest, see what happens?”


“Kinda thinking about it, yeah.”


“For more half naked women?” she laughed.


“I got all the woman I need right here.  Plenty of mental pictures up here…” he said, tapping his head.


“Smooth recovery,” she sighed. 


“Just being honest. I’m more into the story than the artwork. Well, that’s a lie, but not the nudity. It’s an interesting premise, and that even if the world were run by women, we’d still have conflict.  I wanna see how the story plays out. If he finds his girlfriend, whether there’s anything still there between them.  This class has been a lot of social commentary and feminist in nature, not that I mind. I definitely wasn’t expecting this, either.  Let’s get into class and see what. Morrison will have for us.”


Justin opened the door, Jenny’s eyes wide and blinking at the sight of JC already in the room, Dr. Morrison nowhere in sight.


“Nice to see you’re back, Professor,” Justin said.  “Jenny told me you’d be out, so I’m glad things are ok that you’re back.”


“Are things ok? Dr. Morrison made it seem like it might be a while,” Jenny said softly, hoping Justin wouldn’t catch on that she knew.


“A good friend came to see me last week,” JC replied quietly, his eyes fixed on Jenny. “Made quite the impression on me.”


“I’m glad you’re back, I was worried,” Jenny said truthfully. She hadn’t really thought about him all weekend, being with Justin, but worried how much time he needed.


“Thank you for worrying, I can’t tell you what that means to me,” JC said, wishing he could tell her, show her properly. 


They sat down, class starting a few minutes later. JC found he kept wanting to look in her direction, trying to remind himself he had other students to teach, not to be so obvious.  Jenny tried to stay focused on the lesson, not the man teaching it. It wasn’t lost on her how much he looked her way, and how it made her feel conflicted again.  She hated it, feeling helpless around him, powerless to stop him from whatever he wanted.



Early Wednesday evening, Maddie and Jenny met her mom and brother outside the small arena the basketball games played in.  They walked in, finding Lynn and Paul already seated.  They all greeted each other, giving hugs or handshakes.


“Hawaii is all booked, Jenny, you’re gonna love it,” Lynn said.


“You’re going to Hawaii?  When?  Hopefully not for Christmas…” Carol wondered.


“Justin has a game there in January. They try to alternate years between playing here or there.   It’s the one away game we go to, for obvious reasons.  I hope it’s ok we’re stealing her away for a week to go with us.  A couple days before the game, then a few days after.  It’s all before the new semester starts, so she wouldn’t miss any school.”


“She didn't tell me is all,” Carol said, feeling left out of her daughter’s life.


“Sorry.  I know I would eventually.  There’s just been a lot going on with finals in a couple weeks, seeing Dad this weekend…” Jenny sighed.  


“Is he far away?” Lynn wondered.


“No, but it’s complicated.”


“I’m sorry.  Justin was practically a baby when his father and I split, so I understand a bit.”

 

You really DON’T, Jenny thought, nodding her head.

 

The game began,  Maddie and Jenny cheering for their guys, the team taking an early lead.  They were a cohesive team, a lot of them having chances to score.  Jenny was still learning the rules, positions within the game, Justin switching up positions on the court as needed.  Jenny was impressed at how he could be running down the court one way on offense, to stop on a dime and suddenly run defense, guarding players before getting the ball back and passing it down court.  She wasn’t sure what it was, but she found it strangely a big turn on, watching his focus and ability to adapt at a moment’s notice, watching his arms as he guarded or blocked a shot, his legs as he ran up and down the court.  He was barely winded doing all that running, making her think of how out of breath he’d get during sex, curious what the difference between the two was, basketball seeming much more physically demanding and yet sex taking a lot more out of him than an actual sport appeared to now.


The game continued on, winning the game and the crowd was excited.  Justin locked eyes with Jenny, she saw that wildness in his eyes, knowing she’d be in for it later.  She and Maddie ran down to the floor, Jenny jumping into Justin’s arms. 


“Great job, baby,” she said, hugging him tight.


“He’s all sweaty, you’re ok with that?” Maddie said, slightly disgusted.


“Very ok with it. Proud of my man,” Jenny beamed. 


Maddie gave Jeremy a kiss, not being as close to him as Jenny was to Justin.  


The rest of the parents came down, congratulating Justin on a good game before he headed off to the showers.  There were no plans for dinner, Tim needing to get home to finish homework and Justin still needed to pack for the away game.  At least that was the excuse he’d given his parents to give them more alone time.  Lynn and Paul waited with Jenny, walking to their car once Justin came back out.  They gave goodbye hugs before Justin turned and looked at Jenny.


“Food before, or after?” he asked with a smirk.


“That’s up to you, I ate during the game. Are you hungry now?” she asked. 


“Starving,” he growled, nibbling on her neck.  “I’ll have you before we go grab a quick bite…”



“I’ll be back on Sunday, I can’t wait to see you, hold you again.”


“It’s ok to wish you good luck, it’s not a superstition like in the theater?”


“Wish me all the luck you’ve got.  I’m gonna miss you. Take my key in case Maddie wants some time with Jeremy,” he said, handing her his room key.


“I need to find something I can give you to take with you on road games. Nothing weird like underwear, but something you can hold and look at.”


“I wouldn’t mind a pair of your panties in my bag, imagining you wearing them for me…”


“I meant something more sentimental, but won’t get you laughed at.”


“No one is gonna laugh at a guy with a pair of his girl’s panties…”


“Still not happening,” she laughed. 


“I gotta get going.  I love you, I miss you already.  I’ll call you when I can.”


Jenny’s heart dropped as she watched him walk into the stadium, knowing the team would meet in the locker room before going to the bus.  She didn’t have classes that day, going back to her dorm room to get ready for work.



She was halfway into her shift at the bookstore, restocking the shelves as usual, going through books they’d ordered that were ready to be put out on display.  She carried a small box of books towards the front of the store, refreshing the holiday book display.  New books were in, a little something for everyone.  She heard the bell on the door jingle, staying on task, greeting the customer without looking up from her work.


“Imagine my surprise walking past here and happening to find a beautiful woman in the window…” the voice said.


Jenny immediately looked up.  “Josh… What are you doing here?”


“I heard this place might have a book I needed, and I’d heard about this place for years but never made it in.  I figured I didn't have classes to teach or attend, so I decided to come by.  I’m so glad I did.”


“I can show you to our music section, if that’s what you’re looking for.”


“Right now I think romance is a little more my speed…”


“Josh, no.  I know we aren’t that close to the school, but no.  It’s over.  I’m with Justin, I love him.”


“I finally decided to find a book my dad suggested, feel a little closer to him somehow.  I think I’ll stop in more often, be closer to you, too.”


“Josh, stop.  This is getting way out of hand.  I’ll be happy to help you find the book, but we are over.  In a couple weeks I won’t even be your student anymore, nothing more than two people that will pass each other on campus.  I saw you aren’t teaching any of the classes I’m taking next semester, so this won’t be an issue anymore.”


“Exactly.  You won’t be a student, I can pursue you fully, properly.”


“I’m in a relationship, Josh, no. You can’t pursue me because I’m not interested, not anymore.”


JC sighed, sure he was coming on too strong.  “I’m sorry.  Let me just find the book and be on my way.”


She helped him find the book, an older book they had in an early edition, his father’s copy was practically falling apart from having read it so many times, even in hardback.  


“This feels right, somehow.  To have something he enjoyed so much, but have a better version, in his mind.  I’m sure that’s all he wanted for me, to have his vision of a better life, but the way he went about it…”


“I’m sorry for your loss, Josh.”


“The funeral is tomorrow.  I feel bad asking, but would you go with me?  Obviously my mother will be there, but I’m not really wanting to be with my family, their world I wanted no real part of.”


“I don’t know that it’s a good idea…”


“Please,” he asked, his eyes full of emotion, desperation.


“What time?” Jenny wondered.


“2:00.”


“I’m supposed to see my dad, it takes almost an hour each way on the light rail, then walking the rest of the way from the stop…”


“What if I drove you?” JC offered.


“No, I couldn’t.  I can’t let you see that part of things…”


“Rehab?”


“Something like that,” Jenny sighed.


“So prideful.”


“More like ashamed.”


“At least you still have a father, Jenny.  Whatever your relationship with him, you’re going to see him tomorrow.  Let me take you.  Save you time.”


“Ok.  I”m supposed to be there by 10:00.  Leave campus by 9:30?  Meet you at the coffee shop?”


“Sounds good.  Do you need me to provide you a dress?  The black one you wore for the fundraiser would do nicely…”


“It’s way too low cut for a funeral, Josh.”


“It’s early December, wear a sweater or something over it.  It’s not THAT bad, you wore it to a fundraiser dinner full of people similar to the funeral.”


“I’ll go, but only because Justin has an away game and I want to be there to support you.  It means nothing, though.”


“Understood.  I’ll see you tomorrow morning at 9:30.”  Jenny watched him walk out the door and down the street.


Her heart was almost racing, uncertain as to why.  She loved Justin, why did she still feel this pull towards JC?  He gave her everything she’d had with JC, and then some.  Things were intense, personal, intimate, and not just about sex.  They understood each other in ways that baffled her.  She didn't feel a lot of that with JC, but still found herself being at least a little turned on, if not more than she cared to admit.  

 

It’s because you’re still seeing him, your body remembering things.  Once you stop seeing him as much, it’ll go away.  You felt like this with David, remembering things, needing to fill urges.  You have Justin, you don’t need Josh, no matter what your body is trying to tell you…



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story