Story Notes:

This story does contain suicide attempt and abuse so if you have any issues with it. i wont mind if you pass it by. if you or someone you know needs help please know you are not alone. you are worth it.

don't own anyone or anything recognizable.

Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry its going to be short im just getting a feel for how y'all will like it. its been a while so my writing may be rusty. since i posted i edited the first chapter only cause i felt there should be more to who ally is and what her relationship is with her friend.
"Hey ally, we need to talk. Call me when you get this” Was the message on her voicemail when Ally McBride pressed play on the voicemail. It was from her best friend for 10 years named Josh. Knowing that he was dealing with some problems with an old friend, she decided she’d call him back once she had gotten out of her work clothes and into something more comfortable. She took off the jacket she was wearing and placed it on the bar in her kitchen as she made her way down the hall to her bedroom.

As she entered her room, Ally turned on the wireless speaker to play music as she entered her closet to find what she wanted to wear. Work that day was rough. She was the president and CEO of the family owned company that her great grandfather began back east. She was thankful to be able to run the company from her office in Los Angeles. It was a demanding job, but she loved it seeing the finished product when a home was completed. Home construction and architecture work was her pride and joy. Ever since she was young she would shadow her mother on different job sites to see how each home was built and that’s when she developed a love for it all.

The moment the third song ended on her phone, Ally ended the song and pulled up the phone application to dial Josh’s number. As she waited for him to answer, the blond woman made her way down to the expansive kitchen to find a snack to eat. On the fifth ring Josh answered, “Ally?”

With a laugh Ally shook her head, “Hey Josh is that how you answer all your calls?”

Josh sighed as he answered back, “not everyone I know is named Ally besides I saw your name and that damn picture you took without me knowing of you and Melissa on that trip you two took to the Bahamas last year. Did you know I still don’t even know how to get rid of it.”

As she found the makings for a sandwich, Ally gasped in mock at his comment, “What? Hey that was a classic picture, don’t hate on it.”

Josh rolled his eyes at his friends comment as he made moved the chair he was sitting in over to the desk next to the soundboard in his home recording studio, then replied, “Of course you think that, and I’m not hating on it, I just would have preferred that my friends weren’t getting molested by that guy standing between you two.”

Noting the love her best friend had for her and her sister, Ally smiled, “aww you do love us and here I thought you hated me for all these years.”

Josh sighed knowing Ally had been through a lot in her life and what her current boyfriend had been doing to her confidence. He placed his hand on his face as he responded, “Of course I do. You are my surrogate sister along with Melissa. By the way when is she coming into town?”

After she took a bite Ally grabbed the napkin she had placed next to the plate she had set her sandwich on, then teased, “Do you have a thing for my sister? cause eww that’s kinda weird I mean you say we are siblings Josh.”

As he shook his head with a laugh Josh smiled into the phone, “You know what I mean Ally. Besides I have a date with Laura again.”

Ally’s eyes grew wide as she thought of the woman Josh was interested in. Laura was an amazing woman who had been there when her sister was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer, and stayed with her through chemotherapy. With an endearing smile Ally tenderly asked, “So, you think you’ll make it official with her soon?”

Josh sighed, “Im not sure. Laura just told me two days ago that she’s not sure if she wants to keep going with us.”

Ally shook her head as she sighed with sympathy for her best friend, “Im sorry Josh. Im sure the right woman will be out there for you.” She heard a beep and noticed it was her boyfriend Aaron on the other line. With a bit of hidden panic she continued, “hey, Josh let me call you back Aaron is calling me. I promise we’ll talk about whatever it was that you were so anxious to talk to me about ok?”

With a nod Josh replied, “Ok McBride, I’ll be waiting for that call.” With that the two friends ended their call.

As Ally answered the call from her boyfriend her hands shook in fear.

She pressed the screen to allow herself to answer Aaron’s call as she took a deep calming breath, “Hey babe.” She answered.

Aaron’s voice was cold, “Why the hell did it take you so long to answer? Were you talking with that faggot?”

Ally prayed for strength to talk for fear that he’d come over and beat her like he had a couple days ago for not replying to a text he had sent her asking where she was. She shook her head as tears filled her eyes, “No, I was listening to a voicemail from Rob about a delivery from Max.”

Aaron calmed and sighed a bit, “I’m sorry baby, I am just really stressed because my boss is just giving me a hard time about this client we have. What if we went out, you know you and me. For a few drinks?”

Ally could already tell where that would lead, He would come get her at her home in the Hollywood hills and take her to some posh nightclub or bar, he then would get so drunk he’d touch her in ways that would cause her to feel less than a woman and more like an object. As she thought for a split second, she realized she needed to answer him, “yeah, sounds fun.”

With a conniving smile and victory in his voice, Aaron replied, “great, I’ll come get you. I love you baby.” With that he ended the call.

Ally set the phone down and wiped the tears from her eyes. She was a prisoner to him and his love or so that’s what he called it. That’s what made her so thankful for Josh and his friendship He loved her in the most pure way. He let her be who she wanted to be and treated her and her sister as though they were his sisters. He was there for her when Aaron first hit her. He kept his thoughts about the situation to himself, but she knew if he knew the full extent of what Aaron was doing to her, Josh would kill Aaron with his own two hands.

She looked at the clock and realized it was 5:30 pm which meant Aaron would be over in half an hour, Ally quickly cleaned the area and ran to her room to change, Tonight was going to be a long night.

A few hours had passed as Ally lay curled up in a fetal position at the bottom of the stairs with pain ripping through her ribs from the fall she took when Aaron shoved her down the stairs. The minute she landed at the bottom of the stairs he sneered at her helpless frame as he took a swig from the bottle he held then left the house. The sound of her doorbell caused her to turn her head toward the door that was only thirty feet in front of her. She whimpered out, “help me, please!” The doorbell rang again then the sound of knocking could be heard as she slipped into unconsciousness. The last thing she heard and saw was Josh entering her home and yelling out her name.

After the paramedics took Ally to the hospital Josh spoke with the police officers and told them what he knew of Ally’s situation. He only hoped that Aaron would be found and that Ally was kept safe from her abuser. As he sat in a wide back single chair in the waiting room of the emergency room, Josh observed the nurses chatting at their station about a concert coming up. He observed a few teenagers with their parents talking somberly amongst themselves. He felt alone at that moment and wondered how his friend was doing.
Chapter End Notes:
thank you for reading if you like it comment. hope you all have a fantastic day.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story